PS4-Watch_Dogs

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Collector’s Edition Detailed, Vita Release Date

Sakura Minamida's Avatar + Posted by Sakura Minamida on Dec 16, 2013 // Senior Product Manager, Square Enix

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster

When we announced the Limited Edition of Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster, we got a lot of questions about the Vita version. We promised we’d share the details with you when we had them, and now we do. So let’s open this up with some good news. The game will be coming to PS Vita on March 18th alongside the PS3 version. It will support cross save functionality, and will retail for $39.99!

The combo pack will also be available as a download on PlayStation Store. If you prefer a physical copy, you can buy Final Fantasy X at retail, which will include a voucher to download Final Fantasy X-2 from the PlayStation Store.

And we have even MORE news. Coming exclusively to the Square Enix Online Store, we’re happy to announce the Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Collector’s Edition for PS3. This is the definitive edition of the game for those of you who, like me, loved every minute of the original, and made costumes of all the characters for your friends so they could wear them… once.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD RemasterFinal Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Collector's Edition

So let’s talk about what you’ll be getting in this version. First of all, you get the full size, 40-page hardcover art book filled with the concept sketches, environment art, and characters that populate the world of Spira. The art is separated into two sections, one for each game. In the Final Fantasy X-2 section, we’ve even included a render of all three characters in every single one of their Dresspheres. It’s amazing to see how the art evolved into the final versions used in the game, and we’ve made sure to include some of the early art that would grow into the characters you know and love.

Secondly, that second disk you see in the image above is the Final Fantasy X HD Remaster original soundtrack (blu-ray music disc). This isn’t your everyday soundtrack — it’s actually more than six hours of music set to images from the game that you can hit play on and be taken on a visual journey through some of Final Fantasy X’s most memorable moments. If you’ve ever wanted to share your love for the game with someone special, this would be a great way to do it. Or you could play the game together, of course!

Finally, we’ve got five lithographs of art I know I would be proud to hang on my wall. You may recognize a few of these iconic scenes — Tidus and Yuna in the waters of Macalania Forest, Gunner Yuna’s striking pose — but the image of Tidus and Yuna embracing after all is said and done (I hope you know where you have to whistle) and the new CG render that appears as the Limited Edition box art are brand new visuals created specifically for the Remaster version. Which one do you think you’d frame?

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster

And of course, you get the game too, in case there was any question.

Our goal with this Collector’s Edition was to give this game’s biggest fans something they could really cherish. I hope you enjoy the results!

The Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Collector’s Edition will be available exclusively through the Square Enix online store for the PS3 on March 18, 2014 for $79.99. Supplies will be limited, so pre-order to reserve your copy.

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ Electivirus on December 16th, 2013 at 5:07 am said:

Confused about the digital download. Is it *just* for the Vita or is it downloadable on the PS3, too?

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 5:11 am said:

Hi Electivirus! The game will be downloadable on PSN for both Vita and PS3. If you are asking if the hard copy of the PS3 also has a X-2 voucher, then no it doesn’t. The hard copy of the PS3 version has both games in one disc and only the Vita will be a combo with the FFX Cartridge and FFX-2 voucher packed in. Hope this answers your question!

+ Sonicfan11589 on December 16th, 2013 at 5:08 am said:

YES CAN’T WAIT!!! THANK YOU SQUARE!!!

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 5:20 am said:

Can’t wait for you to play it :D

+ Vaedur on December 16th, 2013 at 5:08 am said:

Yes! This is awesome. PS3 both games will fit on one Blueray I assume. Electivirus both will be physical ps3, just not sure how.

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 5:13 am said:

Just responded to Vaedur but you are correct the PS3 version will have both games on one disc. :)

+ Slyder1989 on December 16th, 2013 at 5:08 am said:

So is the $39.99 for both games on the vita or for each? There were some rumors that on vita they would be seperated.
And will there be a version that contais both games on both consoles? Would love to play it on PS3 AND my Vita!

In either case, I’m excited. Wanted to play it again but waited for the HD release and now it’s almost time.

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 5:17 am said:

This is a bundle pack so you will get both games (FFX and FFX-2) for $39.99 for the Vita. FFX will be on a cartridge and FFX-2 will be packed in with a download voucher. Hope that helps! I have no information on the PS3 + Vita Combo pack at this time.

Very happy to hear that you are excited about the release! It is right around the corner!!

+ Sonicfan11589 on December 16th, 2013 at 5:11 am said:

If I may ask 2 questions:
For Vita owners:
-Can we buy the games separately digitally?
-Do we get a discount for buying both games together digitally?

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 5:19 am said:

And I have answers!

The game cannot be purchased separately. Regardless of what platform (PS3, Vita, PSN) you will get both game for the price of $39.99.

Hope that helps!

+ BlaqMagiq24 on December 16th, 2013 at 5:11 am said:

Would’ve loved to get the Collector’s Edition if it wasn’t through the Square Enix store. Oh well I’ll settle for the Limited Edition instead. Definitely won’t be missing out on this. Might get on Vita as well.

+ leonskjti on December 16th, 2013 at 5:12 am said:

Finally a release date for the psvita!! thank you!!
will be released some demo?

+ rcastudios on December 16th, 2013 at 5:13 am said:

No cross-buy I assume? Unsure which platform to get the game on, probably will be Vita though.

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 5:22 am said:

Hi rcastudios – Correct. No cross-buy for this title.

+ MakoSOLIDER on December 16th, 2013 at 5:13 am said:

Can we buy JUST FFX for half the price like most PS3 Collections on both PS3 and Vita?

+ DeMolay145 on December 16th, 2013 at 5:14 am said:

Could you guys, please, release it for the PS4? Pretty please :P

+ Jocis on December 16th, 2013 at 5:18 am said:

So Vita version will have FFX on game card and FFX-2 via Download. Seems fair to me

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 5:42 am said:

You are correct Jocis!

+ Sonicfan11589 on December 16th, 2013 at 5:18 am said:

I just might buy 2 copies of BOTH Vita games, One pair for me, the other for my older brother.

+ theman_714 on December 16th, 2013 at 5:19 am said:

question about the Digital PSVITA version:

Will there be a digital combo back for the digital version on the Vita?

what I mean is, you’re going to have a combo pack for the physical PSVITA version, will you offer the same deal for the Digital version?

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 5:24 am said:

Yes! You will be able to buy the combo pack for the platform of your choice on the PSN for $39.99. :)

+ rabidninjamonky on December 16th, 2013 at 5:19 am said:

So we can only get FFX-2 digitally? That kinda sucks but I’m still very happy it’s coming so soon. I was expecting a long delay. I wish you would have made a two pack thing for Vita, even if it would have cost $10 more. It would have been worth it for the memory card space. Thanks for finally making FF5 vita compatible last week as well!

+ Sir_Alecks on December 16th, 2013 at 5:20 am said:

Aw, I would’ve loved a collector’s edition for PS Vita as well :(

+ zingakun on December 16th, 2013 at 5:21 am said:

Yay, I was thinking the Vita version would be released later since there were no comments about it. Now I’m truly glad to know it’ll release on the same day as the PS3 version.

Please, any comments about the file size for the Vita games? I’m concerned if my memory card will hold the digital version :P

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 5:33 am said:

We wanted to make sure all the details were locked before sharing! Glad we were able to share the great news!!

Apologies but I don’t have the X-2 DL size with me at the moment. I will see if I can get more details on that and respond if and when I do!

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 3:19 pm said:

This is an “estimate” but it should be around the following:

PS Vita Download: FFX and FFX-2 combined should be 7 GB.
    PS Via X-2 Download: Should be 3.5 GB.

+ niwaar on December 16th, 2013 at 5:21 am said:

Do you have any further information on that CE? The last time SE told us we were getting a free art book we got a mini book as the Game “Box”. Even though this says “Full Size” it also says “Packaging”. What exactly is “Full Size” and what size are those lithographs? if they are no bigger than KH1.5s I will have to pass.

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 5:42 am said:

Hi Niwaar – This is a full size art book as in it’s give and take 8″ x 11″ so it is NOT the mini size of the KH 1.5 art book. The Lithos are jsut about the same size as the book so give and take 8 x11. It’s called packaging because the Blu-Ray and Game sits in the back of the book. Sorry I don’t have the exact dimensions on this right now. I will share if I do!

The mini size art book is included for the Limited Edition Pre-Order version so if you do not want the small art book, the Collector’s Edition is the way to go!

This was a way to give the fans an opportunity to get pick a mini one or a full size one for you hardcore fans :)

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 2:14 pm said:

I got the exact dimensions to the book! The Collector’s Edition’s art book will be 7.625″ x 11″ (around the same size for the Lithos) where as the Limited Edition is “5.75 x 7.625″ a standard DVD size.

Hope this helps!

+ Swedesgamers010 on December 16th, 2013 at 5:22 am said:

Please release Valkyrie Profile 2 as PS2 Classic on PSN

+ KazeEternal on December 16th, 2013 at 5:24 am said:

Happy to hear about the Vita version. Both are a day one buy.

Not happy about the Square Enix store shafting me on the collectors edition. Good chance I’ll be skipping that, I really hope this isn’t a trend or I’m going to start missing out on collectors editions going forward.

+ UnholyBahamut on December 16th, 2013 at 5:24 am said:

As it has cross-save I’m guessing it has cross-trophy too, right?

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 3:17 pm said:

The trophies are combined; each title has its own trophy set (X and X-2) even though they’re one SKU on PS3; once you’ve earned trophies on Vita, syncing with the server will give you them on PS3, and vice versa. :)

+ Sonicfan11589 on December 16th, 2013 at 5:24 am said:

Some more questions if u don’t mind:
-Any Final Fantasy related PS3 themes, avatars?
-Are u able to reveal the download size or at least an estimate?

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 5:44 am said:

Hi again! No details on the themes right now and I am looking in to the download size of the games! Will let you know if I find something!!

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 3:16 pm said:

The “Estimated” size is as follows:

PS3 PSN: Around 24.1 GB
    PS Vita PSN: FFX and FFX-2 combined should be 7 GB.
    PS Via X-2 PSN: Should be around 3.5GB

Once again this is an estimate but will give you a general idea!

+ Swedesgamers010 on December 16th, 2013 at 5:25 am said:

Dear Square Enix, Please release Valkyrie Profile 2 as PS2 Classic on PSN

+ moicanorj on December 16th, 2013 at 5:25 am said:

“The game cannot be purchased separately. ” Why? i really cant see a reason

+ freshprincepbg on December 16th, 2013 at 5:27 am said:

Dang, now I dont which system to buy it in!

Hey do you know if best buy is one of the retailers who is selling the limited edition with the artbook for pre orders? It doesn’t mention it on the site

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 6:03 am said:

I don’t have the answer for you now but let me look into it and get back to you!

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 2:20 pm said:

Best Buy does get the Limited Edition run as well. It should be updating on their website soon!

+ ragnarok_weapon on December 16th, 2013 at 5:28 am said:

I’m excited for the remastered soundtrack, I’ll preorder the collectors edition right away, and change my original PS3 preorder to the Vita version.

+ BernardoOne on December 16th, 2013 at 5:29 am said:

No X-2 physical Vita version? That makes me sad :(

+ Shinriji on December 16th, 2013 at 5:29 am said:

There will be a Collector’s Edition or Limited Edition of the physical Vita version?

+ bldudas on December 16th, 2013 at 5:30 am said:

I want to get this for both my PS3 and Vita. I have the PS3 version on pre-order. If it wasn’t Square Enix store only, I would have gotten the Collectors Edition.

+ bldudas on December 16th, 2013 at 5:31 am said:

@DeMolay145 This is already out in Japan, and the PS4 is not out in Japan.

+ JordyceUS on December 16th, 2013 at 5:32 am said:

Will the games be available for separate purchase on either Vita, PS3 or both?

+ TeamGreen615 on December 16th, 2013 at 5:32 am said:

Vita day one retail copy for me. I never played these back on the PS2 so I have been looking forward to this since they were announced. Can’t wait!

+ bldudas on December 16th, 2013 at 5:33 am said:

Gah, I mean it will be out in Japan on December 26.

+ WanderingFlames7 on December 16th, 2013 at 5:34 am said:

Will I be able to get the Collector’s edition if I live in the UK?

+ Rakio88 on December 16th, 2013 at 5:35 am said:

Well, there goes my excitement for this collector edition. I already have this game pre-ordered for my PS3 and was ready to go upgrade to the collectors edition. However, since it’s only online it looks like I won’t be able to just like with Lightning Returns.

+ SiraphaeLRD on December 16th, 2013 at 5:38 am said:

We couldnt buy separately physical FFX and FFX-2? please an answer! :)

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 5:48 am said:

All versions (PS3, Vita, PSN) will be bundle packs for $39.99. There are no plans as of right now to sell them separately.

+ Halifirien on December 16th, 2013 at 5:41 am said:

I can’t believe they’re not releasing a physical edition of X-2. They should be making a twin pack available like in Japan.

+ ShadowKing0 on December 16th, 2013 at 5:42 am said:

So will the PS3 version and the PSVITA version have separate trophy list?
Or will the trophy list be combined into one?
Because I will gladly buy both versions of the game if they have separate trophy list.

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 3:20 pm said:

+ TigerStealth on December 16th, 2013 at 5:44 am said:

I can barely type as my fingers are shaking from excitement! Wow this is incredible. FFX was awesome, thinking back to when I first played it on PS2 I would have never imagined playing it on a handhold in HD!!

+ Zionine on December 16th, 2013 at 5:44 am said:

@Shadowking0 – Most likely same trophies.. It’s going to take forever anyways- But I say that because it’s CROSS SAVE. Cross Save games generally don’t allow multiple trophies cause.. well.. that’s cheap.

+ ShadowKing0 on December 16th, 2013 at 5:53 am said:

Well “Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time” had Cross Save and it also had a separate trophy list. So I make a point to ask every time I see 2 versions of the game

+ ShadowKing0 on December 16th, 2013 at 5:54 am said:

(Previous Comment) @ Zionine

+ FinalDragoon06 on December 16th, 2013 at 5:56 am said:

Any word if we can switch to use the original music tracks in the games? The “remastered” ones lack the punch of the originals. If so, I’ll consider buying the Vita version too (even at this disappointing price). If not, I’ll probably not buy at all. :(

+ NintendoTim on December 16th, 2013 at 5:58 am said:

Little disappointed it’s not Cross-Buy…

+ Zionine on December 16th, 2013 at 5:59 am said:

Oh. I responded to Shadowking and totally forgot to put in my input.

PREORDERING TONIGHT. More excited about this than any PS4 game coming out. Hahah. I’m going to play the mess out of these two games. I love the physical/digital combo… since if I ever somehow lose the FFX cartridge.. I’ll just play the mess out of 10-2.. it generally has more replay value anyways.

I hope the graphical quality is amazing on Vita.. I don’t doubt it though, as the first SE project on Vita.. That’s good news.

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 6:06 am said:

YAY! Glad you are excited about this! The Vita version will look great :)

+ Onvertic on December 16th, 2013 at 6:00 am said:

Will the psn Vita version be both games in one bubble or in separate bubbles(ala MGS 2 & 3)?

+ Zionine on December 16th, 2013 at 6:00 am said:

@Shadowking0 — I see. I think Sound Shapes doubled my trophies too when I synced it on my PS4… but what I was saying.. is it’s not typical cause that’s kinda cheap. Terraria for sure won’t have it.

+ akuwah on December 16th, 2013 at 6:01 am said:

Woohoo! Now, time to figure out how to get the Collector’s Ed since SEO doesn’t ship to my country :(

+ Ace-Steven on December 16th, 2013 at 6:01 am said:

how come no ps vita collector edition?

+ SweetReLeaf on December 16th, 2013 at 6:01 am said:

It would be nice if we received some more FF avatars. Preferably Lightning but I wouldn’t mind Yuna either.

+ MakoSOLIDER on December 16th, 2013 at 6:02 am said:

How many trophy sets are we looking at? 2 for each version or shared? When we use cross save do the trophies transfer as well (like Sound Shapes, MGS, Sly Cooper, etc)

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 3:21 pm said: