Farpoint

Dec 16

Dec 16

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Collector’s Edition Detailed, Vita Release Date

Sakura Minamida's Avatar Posted by Senior Product Manager, Square Enix

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster

When we announced the Limited Edition of Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster, we got a lot of questions about the Vita version. We promised we’d share the details with you when we had them, and now we do. So let’s open this up with some good news. The game will be coming to PS Vita on March 18th alongside the PS3 version. It will support cross save functionality, and will retail for $39.99!

The combo pack will also be available as a download on PlayStation Store. If you prefer a physical copy, you can buy Final Fantasy X at retail, which will include a voucher to download Final Fantasy X-2 from the PlayStation Store.

And we have even MORE news. Coming exclusively to the Square Enix Online Store, we’re happy to announce the Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Collector’s Edition for PS3. This is the definitive edition of the game for those of you who, like me, loved every minute of the original, and made costumes of all the characters for your friends so they could wear them… once.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD RemasterFinal Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Collector's Edition

So let’s talk about what you’ll be getting in this version. First of all, you get the full size, 40-page hardcover art book filled with the concept sketches, environment art, and characters that populate the world of Spira. The art is separated into two sections, one for each game. In the Final Fantasy X-2 section, we’ve even included a render of all three characters in every single one of their Dresspheres. It’s amazing to see how the art evolved into the final versions used in the game, and we’ve made sure to include some of the early art that would grow into the characters you know and love.

Secondly, that second disk you see in the image above is the Final Fantasy X HD Remaster original soundtrack (blu-ray music disc). This isn’t your everyday soundtrack — it’s actually more than six hours of music set to images from the game that you can hit play on and be taken on a visual journey through some of Final Fantasy X’s most memorable moments. If you’ve ever wanted to share your love for the game with someone special, this would be a great way to do it. Or you could play the game together, of course!

Finally, we’ve got five lithographs of art I know I would be proud to hang on my wall. You may recognize a few of these iconic scenes — Tidus and Yuna in the waters of Macalania Forest, Gunner Yuna’s striking pose — but the image of Tidus and Yuna embracing after all is said and done (I hope you know where you have to whistle) and the new CG render that appears as the Limited Edition box art are brand new visuals created specifically for the Remaster version. Which one do you think you’d frame?

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster

And of course, you get the game too, in case there was any question.

Our goal with this Collector’s Edition was to give this game’s biggest fans something they could really cherish. I hope you enjoy the results!

The Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Collector’s Edition will be available exclusively through the Square Enix online store for the PS3 on March 18, 2014 for $79.99. Supplies will be limited, so pre-order to reserve your copy.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 5

Electivirus said:

December 16th, 5:07 am

Confused about the digital download. Is it *just* for the Vita or is it downloadable on the PS3, too?

December 16th, 5:11 am

Hi Electivirus! The game will be downloadable on PSN for both Vita and PS3. If you are asking if the hard copy of the PS3 also has a X-2 voucher, then no it doesn’t. The hard copy of the PS3 version has both games in one disc and only the Vita will be a combo with the FFX Cartridge and FFX-2 voucher packed in. Hope this answers your question!

Sonicfan11589 said:

December 16th, 5:08 am

YES CAN’T WAIT!!! THANK YOU SQUARE!!!

December 16th, 5:20 am

Can’t wait for you to play it :D

Vaedur said:

December 16th, 5:08 am

Yes! This is awesome. PS3 both games will fit on one Blueray I assume. Electivirus both will be physical ps3, just not sure how.

December 16th, 5:13 am

Just responded to Vaedur but you are correct the PS3 version will have both games on one disc. :)

Slyder1989 said:

December 16th, 5:08 am

So is the $39.99 for both games on the vita or for each? There were some rumors that on vita they would be seperated.
And will there be a version that contais both games on both consoles? Would love to play it on PS3 AND my Vita!

In either case, I’m excited. Wanted to play it again but waited for the HD release and now it’s almost time.

December 16th, 5:17 am

This is a bundle pack so you will get both games (FFX and FFX-2) for $39.99 for the Vita. FFX will be on a cartridge and FFX-2 will be packed in with a download voucher. Hope that helps! I have no information on the PS3 + Vita Combo pack at this time.

Very happy to hear that you are excited about the release! It is right around the corner!!

Sonicfan11589 said:

December 16th, 5:11 am

If I may ask 2 questions:
For Vita owners:
-Can we buy the games separately digitally?
-Do we get a discount for buying both games together digitally?

December 16th, 5:19 am

And I have answers!

The game cannot be purchased separately. Regardless of what platform (PS3, Vita, PSN) you will get both game for the price of $39.99.

Hope that helps!

BlaqMagiq24 said:

December 16th, 5:11 am

Would’ve loved to get the Collector’s Edition if it wasn’t through the Square Enix store. Oh well I’ll settle for the Limited Edition instead. Definitely won’t be missing out on this. Might get on Vita as well.

leonskjti said:

December 16th, 5:12 am

Finally a release date for the psvita!! thank you!!
will be released some demo?

rcastudios said:

December 16th, 5:13 am

No cross-buy I assume? Unsure which platform to get the game on, probably will be Vita though.

December 16th, 5:22 am

Hi rcastudios – Correct. No cross-buy for this title.

MakoSOLIDER said:

December 16th, 5:13 am

Can we buy JUST FFX for half the price like most PS3 Collections on both PS3 and Vita?

DeMolay145 said:

December 16th, 5:14 am

Could you guys, please, release it for the PS4? Pretty please :P

Jocis said:

December 16th, 5:18 am

So Vita version will have FFX on game card and FFX-2 via Download. Seems fair to me

Sonicfan11589 said:

December 16th, 5:18 am

I just might buy 2 copies of BOTH Vita games, One pair for me, the other for my older brother.

theman_714 said:

December 16th, 5:19 am

question about the Digital PSVITA version:

Will there be a digital combo back for the digital version on the Vita?

what I mean is, you’re going to have a combo pack for the physical PSVITA version, will you offer the same deal for the Digital version?

December 16th, 5:24 am

Yes! You will be able to buy the combo pack for the platform of your choice on the PSN for $39.99. :)

rabidninjamonky said:

December 16th, 5:19 am

So we can only get FFX-2 digitally? That kinda sucks but I’m still very happy it’s coming so soon. I was expecting a long delay. I wish you would have made a two pack thing for Vita, even if it would have cost $10 more. It would have been worth it for the memory card space. Thanks for finally making FF5 vita compatible last week as well!

Sir_Alecks said:

December 16th, 5:20 am

Aw, I would’ve loved a collector’s edition for PS Vita as well :(

zingakun said:

December 16th, 5:21 am

Yay, I was thinking the Vita version would be released later since there were no comments about it. Now I’m truly glad to know it’ll release on the same day as the PS3 version.

Please, any comments about the file size for the Vita games? I’m concerned if my memory card will hold the digital version :P

December 16th, 5:33 am

We wanted to make sure all the details were locked before sharing! Glad we were able to share the great news!!

Apologies but I don’t have the X-2 DL size with me at the moment. I will see if I can get more details on that and respond if and when I do!

December 16th, 3:19 pm

This is an “estimate” but it should be around the following:

PS Vita Download: FFX and FFX-2 combined should be 7 GB.
    PS Via X-2 Download: Should be 3.5 GB.

niwaar said:

December 16th, 5:21 am

Do you have any further information on that CE? The last time SE told us we were getting a free art book we got a mini book as the Game “Box”. Even though this says “Full Size” it also says “Packaging”. What exactly is “Full Size” and what size are those lithographs? if they are no bigger than KH1.5s I will have to pass.

December 16th, 5:42 am

Hi Niwaar – This is a full size art book as in it’s give and take 8″ x 11″ so it is NOT the mini size of the KH 1.5 art book. The Lithos are jsut about the same size as the book so give and take 8 x11. It’s called packaging because the Blu-Ray and Game sits in the back of the book. Sorry I don’t have the exact dimensions on this right now. I will share if I do!

The mini size art book is included for the Limited Edition Pre-Order version so if you do not want the small art book, the Collector’s Edition is the way to go!

This was a way to give the fans an opportunity to get pick a mini one or a full size one for you hardcore fans :)

December 16th, 2:14 pm

I got the exact dimensions to the book! The Collector’s Edition’s art book will be 7.625″ x 11″ (around the same size for the Lithos) where as the Limited Edition is “5.75 x 7.625” a standard DVD size.

Hope this helps!

Swedesgamers010 said:

December 16th, 5:22 am

Please release Valkyrie Profile 2 as PS2 Classic on PSN

KazeEternal said:

December 16th, 5:24 am

Happy to hear about the Vita version. Both are a day one buy.

Not happy about the Square Enix store shafting me on the collectors edition. Good chance I’ll be skipping that, I really hope this isn’t a trend or I’m going to start missing out on collectors editions going forward.

UnholyBahamut said:

December 16th, 5:24 am

As it has cross-save I’m guessing it has cross-trophy too, right?

December 16th, 3:17 pm

The trophies are combined; each title has its own trophy set (X and X-2) even though they’re one SKU on PS3; once you’ve earned trophies on Vita, syncing with the server will give you them on PS3, and vice versa. :)

Sonicfan11589 said:

December 16th, 5:24 am

Some more questions if u don’t mind:
-Any Final Fantasy related PS3 themes, avatars?
-Are u able to reveal the download size or at least an estimate?

December 16th, 5:44 am

Hi again! No details on the themes right now and I am looking in to the download size of the games! Will let you know if I find something!!

December 16th, 3:16 pm

The “Estimated” size is as follows:

PS3 PSN: Around 24.1 GB
    PS Vita PSN: FFX and FFX-2 combined should be 7 GB.
    PS Via X-2 PSN: Should be around 3.5GB

Once again this is an estimate but will give you a general idea!

Swedesgamers010 said:

December 16th, 5:25 am

Dear Square Enix, Please release Valkyrie Profile 2 as PS2 Classic on PSN

moicanorj said:

December 16th, 5:25 am

“The game cannot be purchased separately. ” Why? i really cant see a reason

freshprincepbg said:

December 16th, 5:27 am

Dang, now I dont which system to buy it in!

Hey do you know if best buy is one of the retailers who is selling the limited edition with the artbook for pre orders? It doesn’t mention it on the site

December 16th, 6:03 am

I don’t have the answer for you now but let me look into it and get back to you!

December 16th, 2:20 pm

Best Buy does get the Limited Edition run as well. It should be updating on their website soon!

ragnarok_weapon said:

December 16th, 5:28 am

I’m excited for the remastered soundtrack, I’ll preorder the collectors edition right away, and change my original PS3 preorder to the Vita version.

BernardoOne said:

December 16th, 5:29 am

No X-2 physical Vita version? That makes me sad :(

Shinriji said:

December 16th, 5:29 am

There will be a Collector’s Edition or Limited Edition of the physical Vita version?

bldudas said:

December 16th, 5:30 am

I want to get this for both my PS3 and Vita. I have the PS3 version on pre-order. If it wasn’t Square Enix store only, I would have gotten the Collectors Edition.

bldudas said:

December 16th, 5:31 am

@DeMolay145 This is already out in Japan, and the PS4 is not out in Japan.

JordyceUS said:

December 16th, 5:32 am

Will the games be available for separate purchase on either Vita, PS3 or both?

TeamGreen615 said:

December 16th, 5:32 am

Vita day one retail copy for me. I never played these back on the PS2 so I have been looking forward to this since they were announced. Can’t wait!

bldudas said:

December 16th, 5:33 am

Gah, I mean it will be out in Japan on December 26.

WanderingFlames7 said:

December 16th, 5:34 am

Will I be able to get the Collector’s edition if I live in the UK?

Rakio88 said:

December 16th, 5:35 am

Well, there goes my excitement for this collector edition. I already have this game pre-ordered for my PS3 and was ready to go upgrade to the collectors edition. However, since it’s only online it looks like I won’t be able to just like with Lightning Returns.

SiraphaeLRD said:

December 16th, 5:38 am

We couldnt buy separately physical FFX and FFX-2? please an answer! :)

December 16th, 5:48 am

All versions (PS3, Vita, PSN) will be bundle packs for $39.99. There are no plans as of right now to sell them separately.

Halifirien said:

December 16th, 5:41 am

I can’t believe they’re not releasing a physical edition of X-2. They should be making a twin pack available like in Japan.

ShadowKing0 said:

December 16th, 5:42 am

So will the PS3 version and the PSVITA version have separate trophy list?
Or will the trophy list be combined into one?
Because I will gladly buy both versions of the game if they have separate trophy list.

December 16th, 3:20 pm

TigerStealth said:

December 16th, 5:44 am

I can barely type as my fingers are shaking from excitement! Wow this is incredible. FFX was awesome, thinking back to when I first played it on PS2 I would have never imagined playing it on a handhold in HD!!

Zionine said:

December 16th, 5:44 am

@Shadowking0 – Most likely same trophies.. It’s going to take forever anyways- But I say that because it’s CROSS SAVE. Cross Save games generally don’t allow multiple trophies cause.. well.. that’s cheap.

ShadowKing0 said:

December 16th, 5:53 am

Well “Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time” had Cross Save and it also had a separate trophy list. So I make a point to ask every time I see 2 versions of the game

ShadowKing0 said:

December 16th, 5:54 am

(Previous Comment) @ Zionine

FinalDragoon06 said:

December 16th, 5:56 am

Any word if we can switch to use the original music tracks in the games? The “remastered” ones lack the punch of the originals. If so, I’ll consider buying the Vita version too (even at this disappointing price). If not, I’ll probably not buy at all. :(

NintendoTim said:

December 16th, 5:58 am

Little disappointed it’s not Cross-Buy…

Zionine said:

December 16th, 5:59 am

Oh. I responded to Shadowking and totally forgot to put in my input.

PREORDERING TONIGHT. More excited about this than any PS4 game coming out. Hahah. I’m going to play the mess out of these two games. I love the physical/digital combo… since if I ever somehow lose the FFX cartridge.. I’ll just play the mess out of 10-2.. it generally has more replay value anyways.

I hope the graphical quality is amazing on Vita.. I don’t doubt it though, as the first SE project on Vita.. That’s good news.

December 16th, 6:06 am

YAY! Glad you are excited about this! The Vita version will look great :)

Onvertic said:

December 16th, 6:00 am

Will the psn Vita version be both games in one bubble or in separate bubbles(ala MGS 2 & 3)?

Zionine said:

December 16th, 6:00 am

@Shadowking0 — I see. I think Sound Shapes doubled my trophies too when I synced it on my PS4… but what I was saying.. is it’s not typical cause that’s kinda cheap. Terraria for sure won’t have it.

akuwah said:

December 16th, 6:01 am

Woohoo! Now, time to figure out how to get the Collector’s Ed since SEO doesn’t ship to my country :(

Ace-Steven said:

December 16th, 6:01 am

how come no ps vita collector edition?

SweetReLeaf said:

December 16th, 6:01 am

It would be nice if we received some more FF avatars. Preferably Lightning but I wouldn’t mind Yuna either.

MakoSOLIDER said:

December 16th, 6:02 am

How many trophy sets are we looking at? 2 for each version or shared? When we use cross save do the trophies transfer as well (like Sound Shapes, MGS, Sly Cooper, etc)

December 16th, 3:21 pm