Street Fighter V

Dec 16

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Collector’s Edition Detailed, Vita Release Date

Sakura Minamida's Avatar Posted by Sakura Minamida on Dec 16, 2013 // Senior Product Manager, Square Enix

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster

When we announced the Limited Edition of Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster, we got a lot of questions about the Vita version. We promised we’d share the details with you when we had them, and now we do. So let’s open this up with some good news. The game will be coming to PS Vita on March 18th alongside the PS3 version. It will support cross save functionality, and will retail for $39.99!

The combo pack will also be available as a download on PlayStation Store. If you prefer a physical copy, you can buy Final Fantasy X at retail, which will include a voucher to download Final Fantasy X-2 from the PlayStation Store.

And we have even MORE news. Coming exclusively to the Square Enix Online Store, we’re happy to announce the Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Collector’s Edition for PS3. This is the definitive edition of the game for those of you who, like me, loved every minute of the original, and made costumes of all the characters for your friends so they could wear them… once.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD RemasterFinal Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Collector's Edition

So let’s talk about what you’ll be getting in this version. First of all, you get the full size, 40-page hardcover art book filled with the concept sketches, environment art, and characters that populate the world of Spira. The art is separated into two sections, one for each game. In the Final Fantasy X-2 section, we’ve even included a render of all three characters in every single one of their Dresspheres. It’s amazing to see how the art evolved into the final versions used in the game, and we’ve made sure to include some of the early art that would grow into the characters you know and love.

Secondly, that second disk you see in the image above is the Final Fantasy X HD Remaster original soundtrack (blu-ray music disc). This isn’t your everyday soundtrack — it’s actually more than six hours of music set to images from the game that you can hit play on and be taken on a visual journey through some of Final Fantasy X’s most memorable moments. If you’ve ever wanted to share your love for the game with someone special, this would be a great way to do it. Or you could play the game together, of course!

Finally, we’ve got five lithographs of art I know I would be proud to hang on my wall. You may recognize a few of these iconic scenes — Tidus and Yuna in the waters of Macalania Forest, Gunner Yuna’s striking pose — but the image of Tidus and Yuna embracing after all is said and done (I hope you know where you have to whistle) and the new CG render that appears as the Limited Edition box art are brand new visuals created specifically for the Remaster version. Which one do you think you’d frame?

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster

And of course, you get the game too, in case there was any question.

Our goal with this Collector’s Edition was to give this game’s biggest fans something they could really cherish. I hope you enjoy the results!

The Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Collector’s Edition will be available exclusively through the Square Enix online store for the PS3 on March 18, 2014 for $79.99. Supplies will be limited, so pre-order to reserve your copy.

+ Pabloo1010 on December 16th, 2013 at 6:02 am said:

YAY! Finallyyyyyyyyy a Final Fantasy game made for PS VITA. Now bring Type-0 over to the west!!!!!

+ thebiggestroll on December 16th, 2013 at 6:02 am said:

was hoping for a physical copy of both for the vita like japan but seeing we are only getting a physical copy of X and a digital copy of X-2 and then i would have to buy a bigger memory card as the original i believe was around 2.1GB on a dvd this isnt what i would call a great deal sorry sony no thanks

+ ToFeY on December 16th, 2013 at 6:07 am said:

OMG yesssss i will buy the PS3 & PS vita versions!!
i love FFX/X-2 both are my favorite final fantasy games <3 so much nostalgia ;'')

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 6:25 am said:

I played this game for over 200 hrs back in 2001 – I plan on doing the same again. So much nostalgia of my college years – rather be playing FFX than studying! And now with it being accessible on the Vita … how am I going to get any work done around here!!! :P

+ Frozen_star10 on December 16th, 2013 at 6:09 am said:

Finally! It’s great to hear that I can play it on day 1 for PS VITA along with PS3 version. But it would be a treat for us to play it on Christmas time.

+ DAN_SKY25 on December 16th, 2013 at 6:16 am said:

Is there any possibility that the game has extra subtitles, like, portuguese ?

+ Craphex on December 16th, 2013 at 6:16 am said:

So just to verify, I only want this on my Vita, what are my options?

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 6:19 am said:

You can but the physical copy at retailers or you can download on PSN. Both options come as a X / X-2 bundle pack for $39.99.

+ ShadowKing0 on December 16th, 2013 at 6:19 am said:

@Zionine Yeah I’ve seen the Terraria trophy list is combined. And yeah “Sound Shapes” is another example of separate trophy list. And since the game isn’t cross-buy they could give a person a little bit more incentive to buy both versions.

+ Naozumi on December 16th, 2013 at 7:12 am said:

Will there be an option to use the original Japanese voices?

+ androvsky on December 16th, 2013 at 7:17 am said:

Is the Square-Enix store still using Digital River for order fulfillment? I’ve heard nothing but horror stories, there’s no way I’m buying direct from companies using them.

+ Fardeenah on December 16th, 2013 at 7:21 am said:

thanks! going to buy the game on vita! can we pre order the game on vita? will we get added bonus?

+ RySenkari2 on December 16th, 2013 at 7:21 am said:

I would have LOVED if this collector’s edition had the Vita editions included too. I’d have paid $100 for it even. As it is, I gotta go with the Vita editions alone, portability is the biggest sell of this remake for me. I hope the people that’ll be selling the visual soundtrack on Ebay don’t gouge me too badly.

+ RySenkari2 on December 16th, 2013 at 7:27 am said:

Even a voucher code to get the Vita version for half-price would get me to buy this thing. C’mon Square Enix, I wanna buy them both SO badly but you gotta give me a little somethin’ somethin’, not gonna buy the same game twice at full price….at least not at the same time…. *cough*orunlessitspokemon*cough*

+ Monterossa on December 16th, 2013 at 7:27 am said:

My fight moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!

+ Rainwater on December 16th, 2013 at 7:29 am said:

Thanks Square; been looking forward to this for my vita :)

+ Raquor on December 16th, 2013 at 7:29 am said:

I plan to own a PS4 by the time this comes out which means my PS3 will get boxed up. Please let there be a collectors edition for Vita!

+ Dogtype on December 16th, 2013 at 7:30 am said:

Very disappointed to see that another Collector’s Edition is being made exclusive to the SE Store.

+ Dalrint on December 16th, 2013 at 7:32 am said:

Is there any chance of us getting a video comparison between the PS3 and VITA versions? I am pretty sure I want the vita version but if it’s anything like the difference between the Jak and Daxter collections on PS3 and Vita I wouldn’t dare so….

+ xHHHx on December 16th, 2013 at 7:35 am said:

So is there a digital release for FFX / FFX2 for ps3 too or only disc based like KH1.5

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 2:21 pm said:

It will be available for Digital Release :)

+ xClayMeow on December 16th, 2013 at 7:41 am said:

I wish that the Vita retail version had both games on disc instead of a download code for the second. Yes, I know the Vita cartridges have a 4GB limit, but what’s stopping you from including two separate cartridges?

+ trinitystorm17 on December 16th, 2013 at 7:47 am said:

I’m so excited to finally get a release date! This is one of the reasons I bought my Vita and I’m excited to get this. Thanks so much for the good news!

+ sirauron14 on December 16th, 2013 at 7:49 am said:

Any chance on an early release on FFX?

+ yahavcd on December 16th, 2013 at 7:50 am said:

No Limited Edition for the Vita version? :(

+ darkmat5 on December 16th, 2013 at 7:52 am said:

Thanks Square for bring this great game to vita I can’t wait to march to get it

+ darkmat5 on December 16th, 2013 at 7:52 am said:

I hope a kingdom hearts remaster soon for vita :D

+ langdon on December 16th, 2013 at 7:54 am said:

Q1 of next year is _packed_ with crazy good games, but I’ll definitely be making room for this on my Vita. Specifically looking forward to X-2 (most underrated FF title… that battle system is ridiculously good).

+ TwinDad on December 16th, 2013 at 7:57 am said:

Total fail for not having X-2 on a cart for the Vita. Either the game is too big to fit on a Vita cart and it’s Sony’s problem, or SE made a mistake. I’m not buying the Vita version due to this oversight. I’m now on the fence for the PS3 version. I’d much rather have the vita version.

On reflection. I won’t bother with either. I’ll wait to see if you change your mind on the vita carts. Until then I’ll drag the Ps2 out of the closet and play the originals instead.

+ Ryumoau on December 16th, 2013 at 7:59 am said:

will the digital version be cheaper than retail?

+ Kharmeister on December 16th, 2013 at 8:00 am said:

Uh, okay. So let me get this straight. If I buy the Collector’s Edition, it’s $80. If I buy the regular PS3 edition (is it only digital?) then it’s $40. If I buy the Vita version, it’s $40, with X-2 being a digital download. If I want to take advantage of the cross-save feature, I have to buy the PS3 and PS Vita versions separately, which will cost me $80-120. You gotta see how this is confusing.

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 2:26 pm said:

Here is the clarification (You were pretty much spot on).

– Collector’s Edition has the PS3 version with both games on disc
    – Regular Edition has both games on 1 disc
    – Vita Version has both games but with FFX on Cartridge and FFX-2 on Voucher
    – All versions are available on PSN as a FFX / FFX-2 Bundle

+ nixrulez on December 16th, 2013 at 8:01 am said:

Hei mod , currently i seen only region 1 NA who got the FFXHD and X2 , will there be region 3 HK , SG ? Cuz i live in asia :( my psn is region 3 :( i really love this game .. have finished it 5 times in row and still not enough !!

+ CappDog on December 16th, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

Awesome news, finally a Vita release date! A shame there’s no collector’s version for the Vita, though.

+ MakMan333 on December 16th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

When will it be up for pre order on any site beside the SE store?

+ Falaut on December 16th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

Yes! One step closer. I’ll be getting this* in support of the “if you buy this, we’ll think of making FFXII HD as well” campaign.

*Vita retail ed.

+ Kharmeister on December 16th, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

Ugh…so, the only way to get both games on one disc is to buy the Limited Edition version directly from Square, and it’s $80. If I buy either the PS3 or PS Vita version of the game in physical form, it’s $40, and I have to download X-2.

The real bummer is that I have had what I thought to be the definitive version of the game pre-ordered at EB for months now, but what I’m getting will be the regular edition, so I might as well cancel that. And $80 is a bit of a high price for me. It’s also disappointing that there is no discount being offered for the digital versions, which is the way I will probably choose to go.

On the bright side, I’m happy to hear that you are NOT separating the games and selling them separately on Vita as it was originally reported. Vita games should never cost more than their PS3 equivalents, and combo packs should be sold in the same way. Still, a cross-buy discount would be nice, as I would consider buying both the PS3 and PS Vita versions together if there was some sort of saving (or at least a discount for the digital versions).

+ halfHOLYpaladin on December 16th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

It seems very silly that you wouldn’t just print 2 cartridges for Vita.

+ earth_inheritor on December 16th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

Really dissapointed in not being cross buy. I cant see anyone buying them both to use the cross save functionality. Seems a stupid move from Square, make it cross save but not cross buy?

After dissapointing games FF games youd think they would want to save face for once.
Ah well still excited X was a great game and never finished X-2 and nows my chance. But the corss buy would have been an immediate 100% sell for me and im sure many many other people.

+ secularsage on December 16th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

I’m psyched… FF X in HD on my Vita is going to be a sweet, sweet experience.

Sakura, Square has yet to make some of its best PSP games available digitally on the Vita yet:
-Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
-Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
-Valkryie Profile: Lenneth
-Final Fantasy: Type-0

Are there any plans to release these games for the Vita? What can fans do to encourage Square to consider releasing them?

Also… Final Fantasy XII has yet to be announced for an HD re-release. What are our chances of seeing that one re-released by its 10th anniversary in 2016?

+ NeoSeifer8 on December 16th, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

Why is Square Enix all of a sudden only selling collector’s editions on their webstore and not retailers?

Thanks for your time.

+ Kharmeister on December 16th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

Correcting myself, I think. If I buy the PHYSICAL game on PS3, whether it’s the Collector’s Edition or not, both X and X-2 are on the disc. Is this correct, Sakura? I’m basing this on one of your earlier answers:

“Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 5:11 am said:
Hi Electivirus! The game will be downloadable on PSN for both Vita and PS3. If you are asking if the hard copy of the PS3 also has a X-2 voucher, then no it doesn’t. The hard copy of the PS3 version has both games in one disc and only the Vita will be a combo with the FFX Cartridge and FFX-2 voucher packed in. Hope this answers your question!”

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 2:32 pm said:

Yes you are correct! The PS3 Collectors, Limited Edition (First Run), after the first run the Standard Edition, comes as a bundle on one disc.

Even on PSN, all available options are bundles.

Physical Vita is FFX Cartridge & FFX-2 Voucher
    PSN Vita is both games bundled

+ Seraphim58 on December 16th, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

This looks wonderful and I will definitely be pre ordering the collector’s edition after I finish pre-ordering the collector’s edition of Dark Souls 2.

+ earth_inheritor on December 16th, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

So much confusion..why didnt square make this easy. Buy retail, get both games hardcopy, buy Vita, get game and download code if it wont fit to 2 cartridges, or dont do a hard copy on vita at all, Buy digital, give a choice as individual or discounted if you buy both.

Limited edition get both discs and art books and soundtrack or something. Done and Done

Square over complicates, i love them dearly but stop over thinking. Im looking at you hard to follow FF13 with your random back and fourthness.

On a side note..vita for me hopefully 100% digital as i have the 32gb card. I may be able to get 100% sphere grid if i have it on vita lol

+ zzamaro on December 16th, 2013 at 8:37 am said:

We players want cross-buy.

+ zzamaro on December 16th, 2013 at 8:38 am said:

Only interesting there is the music dics, would prefer that instead of the LE mini-book.

+ Tidusfanboy on December 16th, 2013 at 6:27 am said:

Does the soundtrack CD include music from Final Fantasy X-2 as well or is it just Final Fantasy X?

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 6:33 am said:

The tracks are heavily FFX but some FFX-2 music on there as well.

+ FearMonkey on December 16th, 2013 at 6:31 am said:

I got the Collector’s Edition of Lightning Returns but I don’t know if I can get the Collector’s Edition of this for a couple reasons:
1) I only have so much money.
2) I’ll have to deal with Digital River again. Can you guys please use someone else? Did you not see how badly they messed up the Ni no Kuni Wizard’s Edition last year? I would really prefer to deal with you guys directly since I trust *YOU*, Square-Enix, not a third-party who don’t care about customer service.
Thanks. :(

+ iRomeee on December 16th, 2013 at 6:31 am said:

I hope SE will announce a Limited Edition for the PS Vita too.

100% Sure buy :)

+ afigueroa on December 16th, 2013 at 6:33 am said:

I see what SE did here. They purposely did a physical/digital combo to do away with buying used copies. If you trade back the game to your local Gamestop, you can bet that copy has already used up the code for Ff x2. So if you want to play both games you have to pay full price, since they’re not available separately.

+ JeffsonP on December 16th, 2013 at 6:34 am said:

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD will be available in the Brazilian PS Store? What will be the price?

+ afigueroa on December 16th, 2013 at 6:34 am said:

Regardless of which I am buying it for the PS Vita.

+ Motherboop on December 16th, 2013 at 6:34 am said:

Any word on when the Vita version will be available for preorder? Is the box art the same?

+ BahamutBBob on December 16th, 2013 at 6:36 am said:

Well this is actually pretty bad news.

I never had any intention of buying the game for PS3, but the Limited Edition sounds like it’s not the same packaging as the Kingdom Hearts HD bundle, right? Because if it is, then that’s pretty bad, because that packaging is horrible. I would gladly trade my KH HD LE with someone’s normal edition copy.

I was going to buy it on Vita, mainly for FFX-2, since I never got to play it. So I would want that it physical, not FFX. Why can’t they both be physical, when in Japan, Soul Sacrifice had an option to buy 2 carts in one box? If the case already exists, why not use it?

Because of the decision to have no physical release of FFX-2 on Vita, if I ever get this collection, I will wait for it to be cheap. $20 or less. Killing at least some of your profit margin.

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 6:51 am said:

The Limited Edition is the same as the KH 1.5 packaging but the Collector’s Edition isn’t. The Limited Edition is a free upgrade for people for pre-order. The free upgrade will no longer be available once pre-orders are complete or we run out of inventory – which ever comes first and will become the standard packaging. Collector’s Edition will be a full size art book.