Destiny The Taken King

Dec 16

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Collector’s Edition Detailed, Vita Release Date

Sakura Minamida's Avatar Posted by Sakura Minamida on Dec 16, 2013 // Senior Product Manager, Square Enix

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster

When we announced the Limited Edition of Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster, we got a lot of questions about the Vita version. We promised we’d share the details with you when we had them, and now we do. So let’s open this up with some good news. The game will be coming to PS Vita on March 18th alongside the PS3 version. It will support cross save functionality, and will retail for $39.99!

The combo pack will also be available as a download on PlayStation Store. If you prefer a physical copy, you can buy Final Fantasy X at retail, which will include a voucher to download Final Fantasy X-2 from the PlayStation Store.

And we have even MORE news. Coming exclusively to the Square Enix Online Store, we’re happy to announce the Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Collector’s Edition for PS3. This is the definitive edition of the game for those of you who, like me, loved every minute of the original, and made costumes of all the characters for your friends so they could wear them… once.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD RemasterFinal Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Collector's Edition

So let’s talk about what you’ll be getting in this version. First of all, you get the full size, 40-page hardcover art book filled with the concept sketches, environment art, and characters that populate the world of Spira. The art is separated into two sections, one for each game. In the Final Fantasy X-2 section, we’ve even included a render of all three characters in every single one of their Dresspheres. It’s amazing to see how the art evolved into the final versions used in the game, and we’ve made sure to include some of the early art that would grow into the characters you know and love.

Secondly, that second disk you see in the image above is the Final Fantasy X HD Remaster original soundtrack (blu-ray music disc). This isn’t your everyday soundtrack — it’s actually more than six hours of music set to images from the game that you can hit play on and be taken on a visual journey through some of Final Fantasy X’s most memorable moments. If you’ve ever wanted to share your love for the game with someone special, this would be a great way to do it. Or you could play the game together, of course!

Finally, we’ve got five lithographs of art I know I would be proud to hang on my wall. You may recognize a few of these iconic scenes — Tidus and Yuna in the waters of Macalania Forest, Gunner Yuna’s striking pose — but the image of Tidus and Yuna embracing after all is said and done (I hope you know where you have to whistle) and the new CG render that appears as the Limited Edition box art are brand new visuals created specifically for the Remaster version. Which one do you think you’d frame?

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster

And of course, you get the game too, in case there was any question.

Our goal with this Collector’s Edition was to give this game’s biggest fans something they could really cherish. I hope you enjoy the results!

The Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Collector’s Edition will be available exclusively through the Square Enix online store for the PS3 on March 18, 2014 for $79.99. Supplies will be limited, so pre-order to reserve your copy.

+ MJ_Dutch on December 16th, 2013 at 6:20 am said:

Best FF ever!.. great for the vita owners that they decided to include both games in the bundle, march will be awesome! Metal Gear and now this.. wow, i´m so excited!

+ KKAtan on December 16th, 2013 at 6:21 am said:

Question: Will we have the option to buy DLC for the Japanese voice acting?

I would like to get the Vita version, but I wish there was collectors edition for that one too.

+ ffnuno on December 16th, 2013 at 6:22 am said:

Will EU get the collector´s edition? It´s already expensive, if I need to import the price will be ludicrous! I feel like EU is getting the short stick lately. There was no Pre-order link for KH1.5 limited edition for EU either. At least there was one with the pre-order bonuses for LR:FFXIII

+ BpPomerleau on December 16th, 2013 at 6:36 am said:

quick question the digital version how much space will it take on the memory stick ?

i currently have 8gb memory card only 1.5 gb left due to FF7-9 + parasite eve 1-3rd Bday+ xenogears guess i might have to keep the saves and delete the games :( or buy a bigger memory card which i wont be able to afford unless price drop lol

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 3:23 pm said:

This is an “estimated” size but here we go!

PS Vita PSN: FFX and FFX-2 combined should be 7 GB.
    PS Via X-2 Voucher: Should be 3.5 GB.

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 6:52 am said:

I am looking into the download size and will get back to everyone when I find out!

+ afigueroa on December 16th, 2013 at 6:39 am said:

Since this is a SE forum, I hope you read this. Crisis Core FF VII on Vita please!

+ GodOxidian2 on December 16th, 2013 at 6:52 am said:

How about a physical FFX-2, I wanted to lend the game too, no one cares about FFX, you might aswell put X as download only, thx.

+ peruhandcrafts on December 16th, 2013 at 6:52 am said:

Hi Minamida-san:

Any word on the Vita packaging?

Hope we get either one with ONLY Amano’s logo illustration on a white background OR the same as the Japanese Vita Twin Pack.

+ Mando44646 on December 16th, 2013 at 6:53 am said:

Buying on Vita! Can you tell us if there is Cross-save? (you should also port to PS4 as well. Im not buying any new game for my last gen PS3 but I would buy it on PS4 instantly)

March cant get here soon enough :D

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 7:03 am said:

Yes this game will support cross save between the Vita and the PS3 :D

+ pancakesandjapan on December 16th, 2013 at 6:52 am said:

Hi, i’d just like to express disappointment at the lack of a physical release for FFX-2 Vita. Vita memory cards are rather small in comparison to the size of games, I prefer to purchase physical releases when possible. FFX-2 is not some “bonus”, it’s one of the best games in the series and I don’t like it being forced into a download only title, even if I buy retail.

+ SonicRift on December 16th, 2013 at 6:57 am said:

I love that Final Fantasies 1-10 are all available on the Vita. Good going, Squeenix. This year I played through VI and IX for the first time on my Vita and had a great time. Bonus points that it’s possible to transfer my Vita save to a PS1 memory card and back using a PS3 as an intermediary, because I am insane, apparently.

+ spleener12 on December 16th, 2013 at 7:00 am said:

No cross-buy ;_;

+ Jerel on December 16th, 2013 at 6:40 am said:

Will there be an easy mode?
I was never able to beat the final boss in Final Fantasy X on PS2 and it made me sad. :(

+ Amir_G_M_US on December 16th, 2013 at 6:42 am said:

I was hoping to see more details about the download size of each (Vita)

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 3:24 pm said:

This is an “estimated” size but here it is:

PS Vita PSN: FFX and FFX-2 combined should be 7 GB.
    PS Via X-2 Voucher: Should be 3.5 GB.

+ muha_ronin on December 16th, 2013 at 6:44 am said:

Great news, looking forward to replay them both on my Vita

+ GerolPS on December 16th, 2013 at 6:44 am said:

Hi Sakura-san!

please answer my questions:
1. does the Artbook included in Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster Limited Edition available at Amazon, different from the one available in the Square Enix Store?
2. If I preorder, does my Credit Card charged instantly?

Looking forward for your response… Thanks! <3

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 6:57 am said:

Hello GeroIPS-san!

Ohayou gozaimasu! Answers below!

1. The Limited Edition (Not the Collector’s Edition) is the same at all participating retailers. Collector’s Edition is only available at the Square Enix Store.

2. Each retailer has different policies so I would check with the retailers you plan on pre-ordering from.

+ twinklebutter on December 16th, 2013 at 6:44 am said:

WOOO!! Vita version here I come!! Vita is the best way to play JRPGS!! #JRPGVITA

+ AriesWarlock on December 16th, 2013 at 6:47 am said:

Hey Sakura Minamida,

please tell the guys to make a REMAKE of Final Fantasy VI ;)

+ Kharmeister on December 16th, 2013 at 8:45 am said:

Okay, I’m straightened out, just one question that’s probably been answered long ago, but will the games feature the original Japanese with subtitles, rather than just English voice-over? I’m assuming so, but I just don’t want a rude awakening when I pick up my PS3 and/or Vita versions.

+ Zilas on December 16th, 2013 at 2:55 pm said:

Please Reply —> Why can’t we get the two cartridges for the Vita version for both Final Fantasy X and X-2 like Japan? Why can’t we get the twin pack? Please reconsider. Give us both games on cartridges.

Can I please get an answer.

+ dkarlowicz10 on December 16th, 2013 at 3:06 pm said:

This is awesome. I will be getting the PS Vita version. Are you guys planning on bringing more game to the Vita? Other Final Fantasy games? Perhaps Kingdom Heart 1.5 HD or 2.5 HD?

+ DP_Calvez on December 16th, 2013 at 3:15 pm said:

Hello does this have a cross-save function for the vita/ps3? Thanks a bunch! I’m so excited for this!

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 4:05 pm said:

Yes it will have cross function for the Vita / PS3!

+ freshprincepbg on December 16th, 2013 at 4:09 pm said:

Thanks for getting back to me sakura about the best buy limited edition

I decided im gonna get the ps3 version but i might get the vita version too some time down the road

+ Zilas on December 16th, 2013 at 4:14 pm said:

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 3:19 pm said:
This is an “estimate” but it should be around the following:
PS Via X-2 Download: Should be 3.5 GB.

I was going to purchase both the PS3 and Vita version of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD. Now I would also have to buy a new memory card. This will add up to $100+
No thanks Square Enix. You just lost a sale.

I’ll ask again, even though you will just ignore my question.

+ Borshay on December 16th, 2013 at 4:47 pm said:

Sweet, I’ll be preordering this tomorrow after work for PSVita. That FFX-2 file size is rather large but I’m glad I imported the 64gb. Now Square you just need to release FInal Fantasy I & II (PSP versions) on the US Store. They are already up on the EU store so I don’t see why it can’t be up here. If those two were up I’d gladly buy them, FFIV Complete Collection along with the PSone classics to have FFs 1 – X(-2) all on one portable device.

+ nixrulez on December 16th, 2013 at 5:12 pm said:

Hei mod , currently i seen only region 1 NA who got the FFXHD and X2 , will there be region 3 HK , SG ? Cuz i live in asia :( my psn is region 3 :( i really love this game ..

+ EmeraldLeviathan on December 16th, 2013 at 5:25 pm said:

Very unhappy about both releases. I do not like that the vita version does not come with two came cartridges. Also, I am not happy with the PS3 version being released in ‘art-book packaging.’ I love art-books, but not when the book becomes the case.

I was excited about this release, but I might end up not purchasing either.

+ peruhandcrafts on December 16th, 2013 at 5:41 pm said:

Is the content of all versions PS3/Vita the same. So, in other words, are the both versions the exact same game?

– I am a bit worried the Vita version might be lacking some content due to cartridge size constrains.
– Once I buy the Vita collection, will I be able to install the games separately (in 2 different bubbles)? I don’t want to take unnecessary space on my Vita memory card.

Ps. Now pls bring FF XII over :)

+ Kanokare on December 16th, 2013 at 6:05 pm said:

Any chance of a release for PC gamers (specifically Steam)? Would be amazing if there was something planned but of course this is probably a stretch. Looking forward to this on Vita for the time being :)

+ Tenmyouji on December 16th, 2013 at 6:28 pm said:

Thanks for responding. Also have an off topic question for you too.
Will the Square Enix Members Rewards program come back for 2014?

+ sockerps on December 16th, 2013 at 6:58 pm said:

Hi, If I preorder Lightning Returns, X/X-2, and Drakengard 3 in the same order at the square enix online store, will the games ship separately or will they hold the order until Drakengard 3 is released (assuming Drakengard 3 is the last to release)?

I’ve been trying to ask the store support and digital river this same question but the support system has been horrible. It just keeps sending me automated responses that have nothing to do with what I ask and when I reply like they say to in the support email, they never respond. And most of the time sending the support question on the website loads a blank page.

+ BleblemanJPN on December 16th, 2013 at 7:02 pm said:

Can we redeem the FFX-2 voucher on a different PSN region?

I want to play it in English on my Vita, but I live in Japan!

+ SDkngsht on December 16th, 2013 at 6:22 pm said:

FFX was probably a very close second if not almost tied for first with FFVII as my favorite FF game ever. excited to see this happening but disappointed again it’s not for PS4.

enjoy to those who didn’t get a chance to check it out. definitely worth a pick up especially for 2 FF games.

+ FaythOfTheEspers on December 16th, 2013 at 7:12 pm said:

So this version won’t be the version that we would get from Gamestop with a preorder?

+ zennacko on December 16th, 2013 at 7:28 pm said:

I have the limited edition pre-ordered already (for a looong time ago :( )
And I have 2 things to ask about the game:
1. The soundtrack Blu-ray (for an amateur audiophile like me, it does mean a lot, I can’t even imagine the sound quality I could get from this…) will be available for sale, separately, afterwards?

2. The art book we’re getting from LE will feature the same content as the one from CE, in a smaller scale, or only the CE full-size art book will get everything?

And a bonus question:

– Any plans on bringing Crisis Core FFVII to PS3 already, or Square Enix will use FFX/X-2 HD (and it’s reception and sales numbers) as a parameter to check whether it’s viable or not?

+ BleblemanJPN on December 16th, 2013 at 7:30 pm said:

I just want to add for the whole lot of people complaining about JP region —

We get it as two separate games for 40$US EACH.

YES, there IS a double physical game pack, but it retails for 70$. PLEASE do not complain if you don’t know the details.

+ CTguitarguy on December 16th, 2013 at 7:19 pm said:

It’s very upsetting that japan gets physical releases for both copies of FFX and FFX-2 on vita, and we get a loisy voucher for X-2? I am so sick of getting shafted by this company.

As for the collector’s edition, it appears the only difference is for twice the price you get a slightly larger version of the same art book in the limited edition? And maybe the bluray disc?

+ IceSamurai on December 16th, 2013 at 8:19 pm said:

This game… I’m the biggest Sony fan i know. I’ve supported sony though good times and bad ones. This game is why i got a ps3, psp, vita, ps4. I loved this game and i’m so great full that its out again. I truely plain on buying every copy i can get my hands on. Thank you again. FYI FF X2…

+ Bakemono1990 on December 16th, 2013 at 9:26 pm said:

Why isn’t there a PS Vita Collector’s Edition? I’m sure a lot of people sold their PS3s for a PS4 which allows them to not be able to play this.

+ incpdo on December 16th, 2013 at 9:53 pm said:

OMFG Vita retail version is real!! and it comes with the other game for free as a voucher code, the only thing it could make me happier would be a Limited Edition for the Vita retail version. Excelent , guys just excelent!

+ kiwiatlarge on December 16th, 2013 at 9:58 pm said:

Cross-save functionality so I can do the major stuff in the lounge, and rank up while at work or in bed on the Vita… well, that makes me happy..

One set of trophies that both versions work towards… that makes me doubly happy…. Honestly, I see no point in trophy systems like Sly Cooper where each time you load your save from the cloud using the other console, the trophies cross-pop up…. Completely pointless to me… likewise, these cross-buy or cross-save games where you have to work twice for the trophies is also pointless..

My ideal world when it comes to cross-functionality is to use the same set of files on both systems, and work towards the same goals (in-game and trophies) on both… Thank you SE, you make me happy… I’ll gladly pay for both versions for harmonious synchronicity…

+ PoloPlaya10 on December 16th, 2013 at 10:14 pm said:

Thank you Sakura for such a thorough response (and for responding to so many comments!)

I am very happy about the CE case having the very minimalistic Japanese aesthetic; I wish more games would follow suit! And if it makes a difference, I would love to see the games come to PSN separately at some point. Can’t wait to jump back into Spira:)

Thanks again!

+ Icestar10 on December 16th, 2013 at 10:49 pm said:

I really would like a PS4 version! :)

+ incpdo on December 16th, 2013 at 11:54 pm said:

Will we ver have Crisis Core on the Vita Store, pleaaaseee

+ P-NoyBoy on December 17th, 2013 at 1:52 am said:

Thanks for the news Sakura but I have a few questions that I didn’t see you have answered yet:

1: Do you know how much the art differs from the Limited and Collectors edition? I know the Limited had 20/25 pages while the Collectors edition had 40; does the 40 include the same pages as the limited?

2: Do you know if the Collectors edition will be available elsewhere, not on the SE online store, such as maybe Amazon? The SE store’s shipping prices are breaking the deal for me.

I love the great news and would love to purchase the Collectors edition, but I really don’t want to pay for that extra $10+ shipping charge to get it.

PS. Thanks for all the great responses to comments and the timeliness of each response. Great post!

+ kunzitejpn on December 17th, 2013 at 2:26 am said:

Well ,i understand perfectly people who complain about jp region .I know i m very lucky because i can have physical version of both games.I can choose if i want only ffx or ffx-2 or the both bought separatly or in dua pack even i pay a price a bit higher .The bonus is i m not dependant to digital release since i prefer have physical copies ,many people want to have the choice of the games they want without to be forced to have.

So i don’ t really understand why some people are happy with the fact that square enix doesn’ t give the choice to vita owners to have the games separatly ,it looks like a compulsory sale ,that is not a great way to respect customers.

+ nixrulez on December 17th, 2013 at 3:55 am said:

Sakura , please answer thisss , will there be region 3 FFX Hd and FFX-2 Hd for VITA , im dying to knowww , my PSN is Region 3 ! Awwwy

+ dgbonomo85 on December 17th, 2013 at 5:07 am said:

I’d really love to know if the Collector’s Edition bonus Bluray disc is region-locked or not. I live in the EU and I would probably be willing to pay the bizarre combined amount that it’ll take to get it delivered to family in the US who would then send it to me… but if I do that I need to make sure that it will actually work!

Please don’t region-lock it, that’s a severe kick in the face to loyal fans who just want desperately to own these unique limited collector’s editions. :(

+ Sephirothly on December 17th, 2013 at 5:11 am said:

Is there plans to launch the game in Brasil? About the subtitles and audio on PT-BR, is there any chance?

+ ShadowKing0 on December 17th, 2013 at 5:27 am said:

Thank You for answering my question Sakura.
So just to make sure I understand you.

FFX (PS3) (PSVITA) will have 1 trophy list
FF X-2 (PS3) (PSVITA) will have have 1 trophy list
For a total of 2 trophy list?

Or is it like this

FFX (PS3) will have its own trophy list.

FFX (PSVITA) will have it’s own trophy list.

FF X-2 (PS3) will have it’s own trophy list.
FF X-2 (PSVITA) will have it’s own trophy list.
For a total of 4 trophy list all together?

+ X_Final_X on December 17th, 2013 at 5:37 am said:

I know each platform’s is sold separately, but will there possibly be a combo pack of both? Cause I want both PS3 and Vita version’s. I just don’t wanna shell out 2x the price and am hoping for a slight discount. If not I’ll just buy the PS3 version and wait for the Vita’s to price drop.