Street Fighter V

Dec 16

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Collector’s Edition Detailed, Vita Release Date

Sakura Minamida's Avatar Posted by Sakura Minamida on Dec 16, 2013 // Senior Product Manager, Square Enix

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster

When we announced the Limited Edition of Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster, we got a lot of questions about the Vita version. We promised we’d share the details with you when we had them, and now we do. So let’s open this up with some good news. The game will be coming to PS Vita on March 18th alongside the PS3 version. It will support cross save functionality, and will retail for $39.99!

The combo pack will also be available as a download on PlayStation Store. If you prefer a physical copy, you can buy Final Fantasy X at retail, which will include a voucher to download Final Fantasy X-2 from the PlayStation Store.

And we have even MORE news. Coming exclusively to the Square Enix Online Store, we’re happy to announce the Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Collector’s Edition for PS3. This is the definitive edition of the game for those of you who, like me, loved every minute of the original, and made costumes of all the characters for your friends so they could wear them… once.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD RemasterFinal Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Collector's Edition

So let’s talk about what you’ll be getting in this version. First of all, you get the full size, 40-page hardcover art book filled with the concept sketches, environment art, and characters that populate the world of Spira. The art is separated into two sections, one for each game. In the Final Fantasy X-2 section, we’ve even included a render of all three characters in every single one of their Dresspheres. It’s amazing to see how the art evolved into the final versions used in the game, and we’ve made sure to include some of the early art that would grow into the characters you know and love.

Secondly, that second disk you see in the image above is the Final Fantasy X HD Remaster original soundtrack (blu-ray music disc). This isn’t your everyday soundtrack — it’s actually more than six hours of music set to images from the game that you can hit play on and be taken on a visual journey through some of Final Fantasy X’s most memorable moments. If you’ve ever wanted to share your love for the game with someone special, this would be a great way to do it. Or you could play the game together, of course!

Finally, we’ve got five lithographs of art I know I would be proud to hang on my wall. You may recognize a few of these iconic scenes — Tidus and Yuna in the waters of Macalania Forest, Gunner Yuna’s striking pose — but the image of Tidus and Yuna embracing after all is said and done (I hope you know where you have to whistle) and the new CG render that appears as the Limited Edition box art are brand new visuals created specifically for the Remaster version. Which one do you think you’d frame?

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster

And of course, you get the game too, in case there was any question.

Our goal with this Collector’s Edition was to give this game’s biggest fans something they could really cherish. I hope you enjoy the results!

The Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Collector’s Edition will be available exclusively through the Square Enix online store for the PS3 on March 18, 2014 for $79.99. Supplies will be limited, so pre-order to reserve your copy.

+ Guest_1001 on December 17th, 2013 at 6:11 am said:

Sorry but I think it’s ridiculous that there won’t be a physical copy of FFX-2 HD Remaster available. That was the main reason I was interested in purchasing the game but I’ve had problems with digital downloads before. I can’t take the risk of buying this if I don’t have a physical copy.

Frankly, considering this is the PS3, I’m astounded Square-Enix can’t put both games on one disc, a la the Jak & Daxter or ICO/Shadow Of The Colossus collections.

+ Guest_1001 on December 17th, 2013 at 6:17 am said:

Oh, wait, now I’m confused. The article made it sound like only physical copies of FFX were available for both PS3 and Vita, with digital downloads available for both FFX and FFX-2. But earlier comments seem to be saying that both games WILL be on-disc for PS3 after all, as the standard edition. Could someone clarify this for me? The number of differences between the PS3, Vita and Collector’s Edition versions of the game have just muddied the waters.

+ victoruzumaki on December 17th, 2013 at 6:21 am said:

YAY! I’ve been waiting this since I got my Vita back at the beggining of 2012! I hope Final Fantasy XII HD and Kingdom Hearts HD Remix 1.5 and 2.5 come after this one :D

Honestly the only game I am interested enough to buy physically is Final Fantasy X, so it’s coming to my Vita day 1. But would we, PS Vita owners, be able to get the collector’s edition? Or the artbook as a reward? It would be a pitty that we would have to buy it on the PS3 for getting it :( I love Final Fantasy X, but I prefer it physically for my Vita.

+ Eternial1013 on December 17th, 2013 at 6:36 am said:

Is their a difference between the Limited Edition artbook and the Collector’s Edition artbook? I know the size but is their a difference other than that?

+ Parhelion69 on December 17th, 2013 at 7:50 am said:

Sakura, quick question, for the PS VITA, if 2 cartridges couldn’t be packed for both games (for whatever reason, I suppose to cut costs), why not put both games on one single cartridge? Is there a memory limit or something like that (like 4 GB limit?)

+ Zilas on December 17th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

The PlayStation 3 version of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD cost 7,140 yen
The Vita Twin Pack of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD cost 7,140 yen
They are both the same price in Japan and you get the two game cartridges for the Vita.

Here we are not even given a choice to purchase the games separately on the Vita.
We have to pay for both, we only get one game cartridge and if we don’t have enough space on a memory card to download FFX-2, then that’s another thing we have to buy.

You can’t compare what you pay in Japan to what we pay in North America. In Japan games have always cost more. PLEASE do not tell people not to complain if you don’t know the details.

+ ShoutingSilence on December 17th, 2013 at 11:47 am said:

Will this be coming to the PS4!?? I would LOVE it if it is!!!

+ auron786 on December 17th, 2013 at 5:14 pm said:

Hello Sakura San,

Can you please clarify if the Collectors edition for PS3 will be available for UK.

Please ask the team to release the Auron avatar, I have been waiting for many years now (T_T) (^_^)/

+ ItzRayz on December 18th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

Is there another way of getting the collector’s edition aside from the SE store? I’ve read reviews upon reviews about how bad Digital River is.

+ KainDrake on December 18th, 2013 at 1:59 pm said:

$80 is way too expensive for this. It’s just the Limited Edition version, which is a free upgrade for the $40 retail version, with a soundtrack and some art cards. $50 would be a better price point; hell, $60 may be too much too but it’s more reasonable. I understand the Collector’s edition has more pages and is a full-sized book as compared to the Limited edition, but it’s still too expensive for a game that normally retails at $40. If it was a $60 game, then I wouldn’t have a problem paying $80 for the collector’s.
I like the idea of listening to the beautiful music to the beautiful artwork of the game, but why can’t we get the soundtrack on a CD? I don’t want to be limited to my blu-ray player when I want to listen to this. I want to listen to this in the car as well. It’s just obvious that you guys are releasing it on Blu-ray to make sure no one rips the CD and uploads it online.
Previously, the Vita version of the Final Fantasy X/X2 collection was announced to be separate releases. I am so happy that they will be packaged together afterall, though X-2 is a voucher code. I am a little dissapointed that X-2 is only digital because there is plenty of room in the Vita game box for two cards.

+ Apeman24 on December 18th, 2013 at 6:00 pm said:

I have ordered Lightning Returns collectors edition, and have been trying to order the Final Fantasy X HD collectors edition off of the Square store, these have been the worst ordering experiences I have had.

+ hero_1298 on December 18th, 2013 at 9:22 pm said:

@nixrulez I don’t think PSN of Hong Kong and South East Asia will have Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster the same time as the physical release or we Asians may never see a digital release for this game at all.

+ oh-no-godzirra on December 18th, 2013 at 9:30 pm said:

Also…. sorry I was so upset on the last posts comments. I’m very proud of square enix for coming through in the end and releasing along side the PS3 version. My faith has been partially restored.

+ Fluffcarl on December 19th, 2013 at 4:43 am said:

No love for Europe??

+ T_M1LL on December 19th, 2013 at 2:11 pm said:

I absolutely cannot wait for this HD remake to come out. Spent plenty of time on it for the PS2, that’s for sure. It was one my favorites. Now to decide which system to get it for…

+ thesmithboys on December 19th, 2013 at 3:13 pm said:

Okay so if I pre order this on Amazon now (Which I just did) inside the game case will be a PS3 disc copy and a PS vita game cartridge correct/a code for the X-2 copy too? I am still confused as to what the game comes with.

Hope someone can answer!

+ Cuuks on December 19th, 2013 at 4:20 pm said:

I admit I’ve been anxiously waiting to get this for months and it’s nice to finally have a release date in North America to look forward. I admit that I wish I didn’t know this was coming until closer to its actual release but a friend of mind just had to casually mention it several months ago (and now he’s on my ‘list’, bwahahaha).

+ MurcielagoRider on December 20th, 2013 at 1:24 pm said:

Will there be a way to play the PS3 Collector’s Edition version on the PS Vita? Just like how Assassin’s Creed has a cross platform capability between console and handheld?

+ Biiodoll on December 20th, 2013 at 3:01 pm said:

I love how they are doing this! So amazing :3 I’m probably going to get it on ps3 and also once I get a vita.

+ Litch22 on December 21st, 2013 at 10:13 pm said:

Booyah! I’ve been waiting months for this! only 3 ish more to go :x.. I’m hoping to hear equally good news about FF XII in the near future. Final fantasy is what got me into RPG’s when i was roughly 10 or so years old with FF 8. Never once have i been dissapointed with you guys, keep up the amazing work! :D

+ MKPACK on December 22nd, 2013 at 10:34 am said:

Hopefully this will come out on PS4 as well.

+ amyrulez on December 22nd, 2013 at 7:03 pm said:

hi, i have a question about the final fantasy x-2 voucher.

if i buy a US retail copy of final fantasy x, could i use the voucher and download final fantasy x-2 with an Asian account?

+ defunct32 on December 26th, 2013 at 1:17 pm said:

I’ve a question, most probably a few had already asked but seeing as how FF-X2 will be a digital download on the VITA, my primary concern is will there be a Region 3 (R3) of the game? I am sure there will be but it wouldn’t hurt to put us at ease knowing there will definitely be rather than guessing or assuming that there will be; if that make sense?

Seeing as how my PSN region is set to R3 the R1 version of FFX/X2 Vita will not work (assuming that DLC is region lock I am assuming here that the voucher for X2 is also region locked?) UNLESS the code provided is universal to be able to download across all regions (is there such a thing, though?).

Hmmm, otherwise no physical for me which is DISAPPOINTING because I like my games physical, it’s really a make or break deal for me here, please do kindly clarify, thank you in advance.

+ Zilas on December 27th, 2013 at 11:46 am said:

Please give us the Twin Pack for Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD on the Vita.
Don’t force a digital version of X-2 on us. If people want the digital version, they can buy it on PSN and for those who want a physical copy, give us this!

+ DarkClaud93 on January 2nd, 2014 at 11:15 am said:

Hi Sakura Minamida!

I have been reading trough most of the comments and it seems as if the question hasn’t been asked yet.

It would seem as so that you can’t order the Collectors edition unless you live in US. Is there another way to get the Collectors edition shipped to Europe/Sweden?

Didn’t get any reply when i contacted SE custom support. I was really looking forward buying FF:X/-2 and FF:LR collectors edition.

Mata ne! :)

+ Haades666 on January 3rd, 2014 at 9:29 am said:

Is there gonna be a western release for “Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster Twin Pack”? –>

Would be highly more curious about buying both games on physical form since the proprietary memory card prices are insane and I’m already running low on my 4gb.

And is there any word for a collectors edition for the Vita release? Rather play my RPG’s on the small screen and save the big screen for FPS games but I’d still want some goodies / art books / OST cd’s :)

+ J17Leviathan on January 12th, 2014 at 11:22 am said:

I’ve preordered the game for PS3, but I’d really like to purchase it for Vita as well. Being a Playstation Plus member, I hope there is some type of discount or special offer that could be redeemed by myself and others who choose to do that. Purchasing the game 3 times (originally in 2001) is a little hard to rationalize, but it is one of my favorites!

+ EXQUISITEEMPRESS on January 14th, 2014 at 8:59 pm said:

Yes. I’ll be waiting.

+ chuck1574 on December 16th, 2013 at 8:45 am said:

Can you post a 1080p of that rikku pic? I like it but it’s not wallpaper size…

+ ToFeY on December 16th, 2013 at 8:45 am said:

aww sakura xD FFX was my first PS2 game as well i was 11 when i first played it now i’m 22

+ ToFeY on December 16th, 2013 at 8:48 am said:

you know what i’m hoping the soundtrack for both games should be on PS store!!
also i wish the japanese original voices is an option for these games.. if not please concider making them a DLC i know a lot of people prefer the japanese voice acting xD btw english is also fine

+ xenosaga200 on December 16th, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

thanks squareenix i’m very happy with the ps vita news :)

+ TheExiled12894 on December 16th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

Any chance the Vita retail version will get the limited edition pre-ordet art book that PS3 got?

+ Broccosparagus on December 16th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

Maaaaaaaaaaan i was worried I was going to have to buy FFX and FFX2 separately for 39.99 each, I sure wish they threw in a code for a digital copy of MGS Peace Walker for the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection like you guys!

+ creid8 on December 16th, 2013 at 9:23 am said:

I’d love to get this Collector’s Edition, but Digital River is AWFUL. Will not buy through them.

+ Stellaking_Si on December 16th, 2013 at 9:27 am said:

Brilliant news Sakura & thank you for your post.

Really looking forward to re-visiting Spira, I read this HD edition enjoys an updated soundtrack score?
Very iconic, I loved both these titles back in the day.

Great work bringing these classic to us all – thank you Square-Enix.
Ahh, if only you could have squeezed in Final Fantasy 12 as well ;D

Can’t wait to take on Trema & those super bosses again, ride ze Shoopuf & fire the Besaid Aurochs !!!

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 2:35 pm said:

Hooray! Thanks for the enthusiasm! Made my day :)

+ Natynattt on December 16th, 2013 at 9:27 am said:

Went To Best Buy Yesterday And Saw The Trailer On PSVita.

+ PoloPlaya10 on December 16th, 2013 at 9:31 am said:

First of all, SO excited for this.
But just a few questions:
1) Does the collector’s edition come with a separate game case, or are there slots for the game/soundtrack built in to the artbook?
2) Is the white cover seen in the CE picture above the final cover, or is it a placeholder?
3) Any plans on releasing the games separately via PSN (obviously in the future)? I will be buying physical for Vita, but I would like to eventually like to get X digitally as well (I’m detail-oriented like that).

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 2:37 pm said:

Here are the answers that I can share!

1) There is a slot at the back of the book that holds both the game and Blu-Ray Soundtrack.
    2) The white cover is the final design. We wanted to bring a little bit of Japan to North America :)
    3) I have no information on this. Sorry!

+ lazygenius1216 on December 16th, 2013 at 9:34 am said:

if I buy the digital version of FFX, would I still get a voucher for FFX-2?
I would like to have both games digital

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 2:37 pm said:

Yes you will get both games when buying on PSN

+ D-Squad3 on December 16th, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

Hello, please make sure you guys make a Collector’s Edition for Final Fantasy XV with a Noctis figurine. Thanks

+ SparklinDagels on December 16th, 2013 at 9:43 am said:

I had already ordered the limited edition through Amazon, bu this collector’s edition is too good for me to pass up. I absolutely loved playing through FFX (never owned it, though), and I have never played FFX-2. This HD collection is near-perfect for people like me. I wish there had been more order options, though. After numerous attempts, my order finally went through on the Square Enix Online Store.

It’s a shame about the cover for the collector’s edition. I hope that isn’t a final image, because I much prefer the cover of the limited edition version. The “FINAL PRODUCT MAY VARY” note near the bottom-left corner of the image gives me a small amount of hope, but I doubt it will chance much/if at all.

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

+ Sakura Minamida on December 16th, 2013 at 2:39 pm said:

It will be the white cover but the beautiful image used on the limited edition cover will be included as a Lithograph for the collector’s edition :)

+ AlexNome on December 16th, 2013 at 9:43 am said:

In Spanish for PSVita?

+ Jonsoh on December 16th, 2013 at 9:44 am said:

Preordered both Lightning Returns and this off the Square Enix Store…does this mean I have to wait until late March for both games, though?

+ Zilas on December 16th, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

Well this sucks.
So the limited edition of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD will have the same packaging as Kingdom Hearts HD?
You guys don’t listen to your fans at all do you? We don’t want the game in the art book, we want it separate!
Now I have to go and cancel my order.

Please Reply —> And why can’t we get the two cartridges for the Vita version for both Final Fantasy X and X-2 like Japan? Why can’t we get the twin pack? I don’t want a download of Final Fantasy X-2, I want a physical copy of the game for my Vita. I hate this move by Square Enix.

+ Zilas on December 16th, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

Final Fantasy X was my first PS2 game. I purchased it before I even owned a PS2. For Christmas that year all I asked for from family was money so I could buy one. I didn’t want any family member to buy it for me because I knew it wasn’t cheap but my mother surprised me with a big box under the tree. She had purchased the PS2 for me and my aunt gave me a memory card. I was all set and so excited. I stayed up all night playing Final Fantasy X.
When Square Enix announced the HD remake I was so happy. I was looking forward to owning both the PS3 and Vita versions of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD but not anymore.

I hope you guys/girls over at Square Enix Amercia change you minds and give us a proper release of the games.
Please give us the twin pack just like Square Enix is doing in Japan.

+ tusunami on December 16th, 2013 at 9:50 am said:

This will be something at sme point that I will get, glad to see its coming much sooner than later in the next year.

+ jayp246 on December 16th, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

Hi, is there any information on a UK release for this or will it be exclusively for US?

+ Hayterfan on December 16th, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

Why is it only thru the Square Enix Store, why cant I order it from Amazon?
Id love to have it but dont really trust publisher specific stores

+ Efrye_684 on December 16th, 2013 at 10:01 am said:

Are X and X-2 independant from each other??
I’m really interested in my most favourite game of all time, which is FFX; not so much in X-2. Could I sell or gift that to someone else by passing the download code?

And more or less the same question, will I (living in Germany) get that voucher at all? With R&C Nexus that didn’t work out so well, since someone at Sony must have said no codes, just on-disk… which was a real **** move and from what I’ve heard not even discussed with Insomniac before :P

+ Hayterfan on December 16th, 2013 at 10:04 am said:

Also I know this might have been said alot but any chance of a Square Enix HD collection for PS3/4/Vita containing Dissadia 012 Duodeciem, Criss Core, The 3rd Birthday, and Final Fantasy Type 0?