PS4-Infamous

Kratos’ Blades of Chaos Recreated by Man at Arms

Andy Signore's Avatar + Posted by Andy Signore on Dec 16, 2013 // Director of Programming, Defy Media

It’s been an exciting year for our show “Man at Arms” on the AWEme YouTube channel. Every other Monday, master swordsmith Tony Swatton forges viewers’ favorite weapons from video games, movies and TV. We quickly reached more than 1 million subscribers in less than a year thanks to the enthusiasm of our fans – many of whom requested Tony recreate Kratos’ weapon from God of War. Well, we heard you loud and clear. This week, we’re excited to share the newest episode of “Man at Arms” — featuring Kratos’ Blades of Chaos — with the PlayStation.Blog!

Tony creates all his weapons freehand, and it took him more than three days to complete this piece.

Check out the new episode of Man at Arms here and subscribe to the AWEme YouTube channel or follow us on Twitter if you like what you see.

25 Comments

+ Gamerzlimited on December 16th, 2013 at 10:10 am said:

Man, those Blade of Chaos looks sweet. How would I like to hold them with my hands.

+ Tidusfanboy on December 16th, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

Very impress. Much want. Wow.

+ WikileaksWho on December 16th, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

Hi. Please help me. I’m writing this at here because this is a new post so you can reply faster. :)
I missed Battlefield 4 discount yesterday by 15 minutes!!! I was so mad and wanted the game so bad. Is there any chance there will be a discount for BF4 again?
Please answer.

+ DragonIrons on December 16th, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

Holy cow……. If he started mass producing these Kratos swords (real ones not just for show) I’d buy one. That’s just sick looking, I love it!

+ subsamuel01 on December 16th, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

Looks amazing. Now if they could mass produce those xD

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on December 16th, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

Very cool..now this makes me want to get online tonite and play GOW: Ascension..which i will and “by the gods i will destroy all my enemies!!!” – ( thats exactly what i say before i start any match! lol) Man i hope they make a GOD OF WAR for PS4..ASAP!!..or atleast a new one for the PS VITA..:p

+ punkmusic2009 on December 16th, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

I tought ech mouth we saposte to get something from plus for ps4 I ownly seen 1 time and that’s when ps4 came out on the November 14 now its dec 16 2013 that’s more then 1 mouth

+ Vhaeraun on December 16th, 2013 at 11:02 am said:

He said he scaled it down. How big is the actual blade if that was the *scaled down* version? xD

+ snakeman07 on December 16th, 2013 at 11:23 am said:

Just watched it earlier this morning on Youtube. Gotta say, it came out great! (as with all of Tony’s builds) Awesome to see it’s getting a spotlight here on the PS Blog!

+ loakum on December 16th, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

Mankind is NOT ready to wield around that kind of power! That Blade is the very definition of Chaos! God of War IV..please come to my PS4!

*kneels* The PS4 is worthy.

+ Yuranium on December 16th, 2013 at 12:43 pm said:

Agree on the mass production. Definitely getting a pair just to have it.

+ ZeroSection on December 16th, 2013 at 1:21 pm said:

This. Is. HOT!

+ D-Squad3 on December 16th, 2013 at 1:27 pm said:

AWEsome

+ D-Squad3 on December 16th, 2013 at 1:31 pm said:

God of War IV confirmed?

+ solo013 on December 16th, 2013 at 2:48 pm said:

That is awesome. I love all of the stuff they make, but I’m partial to Cloud’s Buster Sword. lol

+ Ruffussroughcutt on December 16th, 2013 at 3:06 pm said:

One of the coolest things I’ve ever seen.

+ Katriona on December 16th, 2013 at 3:46 pm said:

I love seeing what Tony and his team come up with every other week. The Keyblade and Link’s Master Sword are my favorites so far. This makes me wish I lived in California so I could go visit his shop where all of these weapons are displayed. :)

+ Matrix_Lion on December 16th, 2013 at 4:43 pm said:

I want a blades of chaos.

+ R_aVe_N on December 16th, 2013 at 9:01 pm said:

Was sad to see they didn’t even take the time to hide that the center of the blade was hollow by melding the two pieces together 8( They did a really good job up to that point.

+ gameman15 on December 16th, 2013 at 9:56 pm said:

That is pretty awesome! Seeing that I enjoyed all the God of War games, I would love to see those in the weapons section of an asian gift shop.

+ gowofwarkratos1 on December 17th, 2013 at 4:08 am said:

Amazing!!!

+ Welmosca on December 17th, 2013 at 8:57 am said:

Hoouu….thats some real impressive work……there are some real talented people around the world,and I’m always amazed with that.Outstanding job.

+ Coody-Baroody on December 17th, 2013 at 9:34 am said:

Very cool but I think they should have used the blades from God of War 3. The version with the large hooked point on the underside of the blade. They were the blades of choice from the whole God of War saga in my opinion.

+ Coody-Baroody on December 17th, 2013 at 9:42 am said:

@punkmusic2009 – comment 7

I get the feeling English isn’t your 1st language? If it is you need to seriously work on your spelling.
Anyway, as for PS4 games in PS+, it’s a brand new system with only a few games so we won’t see regular monthly free games going into the Instant Game Collection for a couple months at least.

PS4 is the first console that has PS+ included at LAUNCH. It obviously wasn’t out when PS3 launched and it wasn’t didn’t include Vita games for about 8 months after Vita launched so it’s new for Sony to give PS+ to us with PS4.

We’re getting ‘Don’t Starve’ next month in January’s PS+ in EU so you’ll probably get that too. Just try and be patient, when PS4 is well established and has a bigger game library, we’ll all start to get brilliant games for our PS4s just like we do on PS3 and Vita.

+ SILVERX200 on December 17th, 2013 at 12:35 pm said:

I thought it looked better with the shiny detail. The end result is nice but it looks far more rustic than a weapon created by the Gods.