PS4-Watch_Dogs

Minecraft Hits PS3 December 17th in North America

Owen Hill's Avatar + Posted by Owen Hill on Dec 16, 2013 // Mojang

Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition

Season’s greetings! Owen from Mojang here. I have some exciting news that you might be interested in. It’s about Minecraft – a game that’s sold over 30 million copies to date. Minecraft is a game about breaking and placing blocks. At first, you’ll probably build simple structures to protect against nocturnal monsters. Later on, you might work with your friends to create wonderful, imaginative things.

It can also be about adventuring or watching the sun rise over a blocky ocean. It’s pretty. Brave players battle terrible things in The Nether, which is more scary that pretty. You can also visit a land of mushrooms if it sounds more like your cup of tea.

Minecraft: PlayStation 3 EditionMinecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition

Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition will be available to download from PSN on December 17th in North America. Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition and Minecraft: PS Vita Edition are also being developed, but we don’t have release dates yet. Expect them sometime next year.

I’ve received a few questions concerning the PS3 edition over the past few months, so let’s clear them up before I get thrown off the blog…

Minecraft: PlayStation 3 EditionMinecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition

Q: Does Minecraft: PS3 Edition feature everything from the other versions of Minecraft?
Minecraft: PS3 Edition comes with everything present in other console versions. They’re pretty much identical to play, and will be developed in tandem from now on.

Q: Will Minecraft: PS3 Edition feature DLC texture packs and skins?
Downloadable skins and texture packs will be available from PSN soon after release.

Q: Will there be PlayStation-specific content?
PlayStation-specific skins and texture packs would be cool! Fingers crossed, eh?

Q: Will Minecraft: PS3 Edition feature Remote Play or compatibility with the PS4 or PS Vita editions?
We don’t know yet, sorry. We’ll let you know as soon as we do.

Q: Does Herobrine feature in Minecraft: PS3 Edition?
Probably not.

That’s it for now! I’ll do my best to answer any more queries you have below! Merry Christmas/Nadolig Llawen everyone!

Owen – @bopogamel

Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition

PAGE 1 2 3 4 8

+ bonesawisready5 on December 16th, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

I really want to know if I buy the PS3 version now will I be able to get the PS4 version for no extra charge when it arrives? Everything 4J said made it sound like the PS3 version was a month or so away and suddenly its out. I don’t want to spend $20 on PS3 version tomorrow and then suddenly, with no release date announcement the PS4 version come out like mid-January and not support cross-save or cross-buy

+ MurDa_Bo1z on December 16th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

Can we get the price?
The PS Vita release date! We need that also!

Also, Im not buying it if it doesn’t come to Vita, and if the Vita cant play with PS3 and PS4 over wifi and stuff, if I can’t play with my friends theres no point, its just another single player game. Don’t let us down. Finally, we need mic chat and all that on the PS Vita version, that’s what KillZone: Mercenary is missing, we need to be able to speak to the people we play with online.

And I know Herobrine is in the game, Watching, waiting…

+ bonesawisready5 on December 16th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

If anything, can or will Minecraft on PS4 support a small upgrade fee, like $5-$10, like many retail games are if we buy it on PS3 now and then PS4 version ships like mid-2014?

+ oddvintagechap on December 16th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

Cross-Buy Or at least PS3 to PS4 Upgrade would make me buy this for my sister.

Cross-Play and Cross-Save is a MUST.

PS3 players should be able to play with PSV and PS4 players.

+ XpAcErX on December 16th, 2013 at 8:39 am said:

@oddvintagechap

Considering the save compatibility is non-existent between PS3 and PS4 I highly doubt there will be a cross-save between the two but cross-play how ever may be a possibility only if the game are hosted on a separate server like DC Universe Online. Most likely there will be no cross-save or cross-play between PS3 and PS4.

I’m curious if the PS Vita will be cross-anything it would seem like it would support PS3 or PS4 but not both.

+ komentra on December 16th, 2013 at 8:40 am said:

I know everyone has already said this but if cross-buy is announced then I am totally in but until then I’ll just wait it out.

None the less it’s a awesome game and I’m sure everyone on the planet already knows that.

+ DigiOps on December 16th, 2013 at 8:57 am said:

I love how this just comes out of no where. Tomorrow I can play Terraria on the go, and Minecraft on my PS3. Glad I kept it after buying the PS4. :D

+ shadow15972 on December 16th, 2013 at 9:00 am said:

All I want to know if it will have a plus discount. I’m really hoping if it does it will go down to 14.99, then I can buy this and terraria tomorrow. Otherwise one will have to sit out this week. :(

+ nevermourx on December 16th, 2013 at 9:00 am said:

Will it be split screen multiplayer?

+ avatarguy on December 16th, 2013 at 9:07 am said:

Price?
Ps plus discount?

+ xenosaga200 on December 16th, 2013 at 9:12 am said:

waiting for ps vita version

+ IMBeAzTzz on December 16th, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

when when will it be out in the uk

+ rwlove on December 16th, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

will it be crossplay with pc players

+ wernershnitzl on December 16th, 2013 at 9:31 am said:

This is pretty awesome, any special deals for PS+ members?

+ tusunami on December 16th, 2013 at 9:37 am said:

It’s great to see this finally has made it to PS3, but it will be interesting to see if this is cross-buy. Until then I’ll wait on a purchase.

+ Gamerzlimited on December 16th, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

Nice! My friend has been pestering me to get Minecraft for a while. Might as well get this version and maybe double dip on the Vita version later on.

+ mandylou789702 on December 16th, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

My Daughter has been waiting forever for this to come out. She plays it at her friends house on the xbox but did not want to get a xbox just for one game. LOL! She will be so excited!!! Know her friends can come to her house to play the game. Thanks so much!!

+ FazZzIO on December 16th, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

Hey Ownen! do you have any idea which version it will be released in? e.g. PC is 1.7.2 does that mean the PS3 would get the latest 1.7.2?

+ mandylou789702 on December 16th, 2013 at 9:42 am said:

Wondering if there is going to be a deal for playstation plus members?

+ teddy_bear_2009 on December 16th, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

whats the price gonna be for tomorrow

+ DeathByVenomSin on December 16th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

Awesome!

+ pain_less_hero on December 16th, 2013 at 9:53 am said:

How much is it going to cost??

+ LatinoLA1 on December 16th, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

This is great news! Although I would only buy it tomorrow if it was cross buy but if not i’ll have to pass until the PS4 version comes out. I was really hoping to try this out since launch on the PS4 one of the things I looked forward as I enjoy building random things and seeing what others build. As soon as the news if it is cross buy or not comes out i’ll drop my money for it sooner.

+ AntiClockClock on December 16th, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

Very hesitant on buying this…. if there is no confirmation of it being upgraded to PS4 version for free I am not buying it. I rather be told yes or no.

+ LunaticLuke on December 16th, 2013 at 10:01 am said:

I don’t know if this has been asked already and i haven’t seen it but: What about the rest of the world?
As someone from the UK when should i expect to be able to download Minecraft for my PS3?

Other than that, sounds absolutely awesome that we’re finally getting this – I’ve been waiting so long for Minecraft to grace the Sony systems!

+ bedatguy on December 16th, 2013 at 10:03 am said:

How much will it be?

+ Billy_The_Kid035 on December 16th, 2013 at 10:09 am said:

Awesome! This is literally the only game I missed playing on my 360 before I sold it!

+ intikken on December 16th, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

Can you use your Minecraft pc skin on the PlayStation ?

+ CPU_Batman on December 16th, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

Excellent! This Christmas break will fly by! haha

+ LTCDad on December 16th, 2013 at 10:25 am said:

Sounds like my son would love to move from my PC to his PS3.

Please tell me “How Much?”.

Mike

+ iREVOLTER on December 16th, 2013 at 10:34 am said:

I hope for local/online coop , cross-buy and cross-save functionality with later updates then you release PS4/PSvita versions. Please and thank you.

+ HaVoC5050 on December 16th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

As a newcomer to games like Minecraft and Terraria on the PC and tablets, I am truly ecstatic to hear of it’s release for my PS3!! Can’t wait to check this out with my console buds!

+ retro25 on December 16th, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

Finally, Minecraft is now available on PS3. I have the Xbox360 version but I think it’s cool to check it out. How much is the downloadable version and will there be a free trail? Keep building in Minecraft!!!! ;)

+ iPHANTOMxX on December 16th, 2013 at 10:53 am said:

Price?

+ Welmosca on December 16th, 2013 at 10:53 am said:

Thats a surprise….I wasn’t expecting anything but its a surprise anyway.

+ lacboy5 on December 16th, 2013 at 11:04 am said:

FINALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY MINECRAFT WILL RELEASE SOON BECAUSE MY 2 SONS REALLY WANNNNNNNNNA IT AND THEY ALWAYS PLAY MINECRAFT ALL THE TIME…. THANK YOU FOR PRODUCE FOR MINECRAFT

+ DavidAaron on December 16th, 2013 at 11:08 am said:

Have several questions for this but my biggest one is there MP, can you create maps and share them like on the PC?

+ bj626 on December 16th, 2013 at 11:12 am said:

Please Reply, will there be a multiplayer without internet like… say i have 4 ps3 controllers can i just play with freinds at my house in a 4-way Spilt-Screen or will I have to play them online somewhere?

+ FpsJoey on December 16th, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

AWESOME!
Thank you to everyone that worked on this game.
Now I begin the wait for a Ps4 edition lol

+ jackiero2424 on December 16th, 2013 at 11:33 am said:

Can’t wait for it on ps3 I play a the time on the computer

+ Elvick_ on December 16th, 2013 at 11:44 am said:

Dear Sony, do a PS Vita bundle with Minecraft. Add in LBP Vita to spice it up even more, but advertise Minecraft more and have at least a 8GB card included.

Advertise it. Win.

But, SCEA won’t do **** for Vita… so nope.avi

+ Elvick_ on December 16th, 2013 at 11:44 am said:

Advertise it. Win.

But, SCEA won’t do anything for Vita… so nope.avi

+ DxJeckel on December 16th, 2013 at 11:54 am said:

How will the PS4 version differ from the other console versions? Will it be larger in scale?

+ PSN_Tokeio on December 16th, 2013 at 12:03 pm said:

Buying any and ALL versions of Minecraft! So exciting to get an early Christmas present, thank you @4JStudios and @Mojang for getting this ready. Platinum trophy #faints. Bring on the Vita and PS4 versions! Cross buy + cross play would be great if included, buying all three regardless.

+ shadowman_097 on December 16th, 2013 at 12:07 pm said:

(%#
*^
&^&^*
&^
*&^

+ Brotha56 on December 16th, 2013 at 12:21 pm said:

As tempted to buy this as soon as it comes out, I really want the PS4 version, so unless I know for sure that it’ll be cross buy I’ll have to hold off for a little bit.

+ PrisonerZero1221 on December 16th, 2013 at 12:22 pm said:

will there be mods ?

+ avluis on December 16th, 2013 at 12:31 pm said:

All I want to know, and care about is, can I use my own Minecraft server with this!?

+ Pikmologist on December 16th, 2013 at 12:44 pm said:

I’ve been waiting for this day for along time… Even before it was confirmed for a PlayStation release! I’ll be buying this tomorrow! I can’t wait! Any chance this will be Cross Buy?

PAGE 1 2 3 4 8