The Last Guardian

Dec 16

Dec 16

Minecraft Hits PS3 December 17th in North America

Owen Hill's Avatar Posted by Mojang

Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition

Season’s greetings! Owen from Mojang here. I have some exciting news that you might be interested in. It’s about Minecraft – a game that’s sold over 30 million copies to date. Minecraft is a game about breaking and placing blocks. At first, you’ll probably build simple structures to protect against nocturnal monsters. Later on, you might work with your friends to create wonderful, imaginative things.

It can also be about adventuring or watching the sun rise over a blocky ocean. It’s pretty. Brave players battle terrible things in The Nether, which is more scary that pretty. You can also visit a land of mushrooms if it sounds more like your cup of tea.

Minecraft: PlayStation 3 EditionMinecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition

Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition will be available to download from PSN on December 17th in North America. Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition and Minecraft: PS Vita Edition are also being developed, but we don’t have release dates yet. Expect them sometime next year.

I’ve received a few questions concerning the PS3 edition over the past few months, so let’s clear them up before I get thrown off the blog…

Minecraft: PlayStation 3 EditionMinecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition

Q: Does Minecraft: PS3 Edition feature everything from the other versions of Minecraft?
Minecraft: PS3 Edition comes with everything present in other console versions. They’re pretty much identical to play, and will be developed in tandem from now on.

Q: Will Minecraft: PS3 Edition feature DLC texture packs and skins?
Downloadable skins and texture packs will be available from PSN soon after release.

Q: Will there be PlayStation-specific content?
PlayStation-specific skins and texture packs would be cool! Fingers crossed, eh?

Q: Will Minecraft: PS3 Edition feature Remote Play or compatibility with the PS4 or PS Vita editions?
We don’t know yet, sorry. We’ll let you know as soon as we do.

Q: Does Herobrine feature in Minecraft: PS3 Edition?
Probably not.

That’s it for now! I’ll do my best to answer any more queries you have below! Merry Christmas/Nadolig Llawen everyone!

Owen – @bopogamel

Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 8

bonesawisready5 said:

December 16th, 8:18 am

I really want to know if I buy the PS3 version now will I be able to get the PS4 version for no extra charge when it arrives? Everything 4J said made it sound like the PS3 version was a month or so away and suddenly its out. I don’t want to spend $20 on PS3 version tomorrow and then suddenly, with no release date announcement the PS4 version come out like mid-January and not support cross-save or cross-buy

MurDa_Bo1z said:

December 16th, 8:20 am

Can we get the price?
The PS Vita release date! We need that also!

Also, Im not buying it if it doesn’t come to Vita, and if the Vita cant play with PS3 and PS4 over wifi and stuff, if I can’t play with my friends theres no point, its just another single player game. Don’t let us down. Finally, we need mic chat and all that on the PS Vita version, that’s what KillZone: Mercenary is missing, we need to be able to speak to the people we play with online.

And I know Herobrine is in the game, Watching, waiting…

bonesawisready5 said:

December 16th, 8:21 am

If anything, can or will Minecraft on PS4 support a small upgrade fee, like $5-$10, like many retail games are if we buy it on PS3 now and then PS4 version ships like mid-2014?

oddvintagechap said:

December 16th, 8:21 am

Cross-Buy Or at least PS3 to PS4 Upgrade would make me buy this for my sister.

Cross-Play and Cross-Save is a MUST.

PS3 players should be able to play with PSV and PS4 players.

XpAcErX said:

December 16th, 8:39 am

@oddvintagechap

Considering the save compatibility is non-existent between PS3 and PS4 I highly doubt there will be a cross-save between the two but cross-play how ever may be a possibility only if the game are hosted on a separate server like DC Universe Online. Most likely there will be no cross-save or cross-play between PS3 and PS4.

I’m curious if the PS Vita will be cross-anything it would seem like it would support PS3 or PS4 but not both.

komentra said:

December 16th, 8:40 am

I know everyone has already said this but if cross-buy is announced then I am totally in but until then I’ll just wait it out.

None the less it’s a awesome game and I’m sure everyone on the planet already knows that.

DigiOps said:

December 16th, 8:57 am

I love how this just comes out of no where. Tomorrow I can play Terraria on the go, and Minecraft on my PS3. Glad I kept it after buying the PS4. :D

shadow15972 said:

December 16th, 9:00 am

All I want to know if it will have a plus discount. I’m really hoping if it does it will go down to 14.99, then I can buy this and terraria tomorrow. Otherwise one will have to sit out this week. :(

nevermourx said:

December 16th, 9:00 am

Will it be split screen multiplayer?

avatarguy said:

December 16th, 9:07 am

Price?
Ps plus discount?

xenosaga200 said:

December 16th, 9:12 am

waiting for ps vita version

IMBeAzTzz said:

December 16th, 9:13 am

when when will it be out in the uk

rwlove said:

December 16th, 9:13 am

will it be crossplay with pc players

wernershnitzl said:

December 16th, 9:31 am

This is pretty awesome, any special deals for PS+ members?

tusunami said:

December 16th, 9:37 am

It’s great to see this finally has made it to PS3, but it will be interesting to see if this is cross-buy. Until then I’ll wait on a purchase.

Gamerzlimited said:

December 16th, 9:41 am

Nice! My friend has been pestering me to get Minecraft for a while. Might as well get this version and maybe double dip on the Vita version later on.

mandylou789702 said:

December 16th, 9:41 am

My Daughter has been waiting forever for this to come out. She plays it at her friends house on the xbox but did not want to get a xbox just for one game. LOL! She will be so excited!!! Know her friends can come to her house to play the game. Thanks so much!!

FazZzIO said:

December 16th, 9:41 am

Hey Ownen! do you have any idea which version it will be released in? e.g. PC is 1.7.2 does that mean the PS3 would get the latest 1.7.2?

mandylou789702 said:

December 16th, 9:42 am

Wondering if there is going to be a deal for playstation plus members?

teddy_bear_2009 said:

December 16th, 9:48 am

whats the price gonna be for tomorrow

DeathByVenomSin said:

December 16th, 9:52 am

Awesome!

pain_less_hero said:

December 16th, 9:53 am

How much is it going to cost??

LatinoLA1 said:

December 16th, 9:56 am

This is great news! Although I would only buy it tomorrow if it was cross buy but if not i’ll have to pass until the PS4 version comes out. I was really hoping to try this out since launch on the PS4 one of the things I looked forward as I enjoy building random things and seeing what others build. As soon as the news if it is cross buy or not comes out i’ll drop my money for it sooner.

AntiClockClock said:

December 16th, 9:58 am

Very hesitant on buying this…. if there is no confirmation of it being upgraded to PS4 version for free I am not buying it. I rather be told yes or no.

LunaticLuke said:

December 16th, 10:01 am

I don’t know if this has been asked already and i haven’t seen it but: What about the rest of the world?
As someone from the UK when should i expect to be able to download Minecraft for my PS3?

Other than that, sounds absolutely awesome that we’re finally getting this – I’ve been waiting so long for Minecraft to grace the Sony systems!

bedatguy said:

December 16th, 10:03 am

How much will it be?

Billy_The_Kid035 said:

December 16th, 10:09 am

Awesome! This is literally the only game I missed playing on my 360 before I sold it!

intikken said:

December 16th, 10:14 am

Can you use your Minecraft pc skin on the PlayStation ?

CPU_Batman said:

December 16th, 10:15 am

Excellent! This Christmas break will fly by! haha

LTCDad said:

December 16th, 10:25 am

Sounds like my son would love to move from my PC to his PS3.

Please tell me “How Much?”.

Mike

iREVOLTER said:

December 16th, 10:34 am

I hope for local/online coop , cross-buy and cross-save functionality with later updates then you release PS4/PSvita versions. Please and thank you.

HaVoC5050 said:

December 16th, 10:38 am

As a newcomer to games like Minecraft and Terraria on the PC and tablets, I am truly ecstatic to hear of it’s release for my PS3!! Can’t wait to check this out with my console buds!

retro25 said:

December 16th, 10:49 am

Finally, Minecraft is now available on PS3. I have the Xbox360 version but I think it’s cool to check it out. How much is the downloadable version and will there be a free trail? Keep building in Minecraft!!!! ;)

iPHANTOMxX said:

December 16th, 10:53 am

Price?

Welmosca said:

December 16th, 10:53 am

Thats a surprise….I wasn’t expecting anything but its a surprise anyway.

lacboy5 said:

December 16th, 11:04 am

FINALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY MINECRAFT WILL RELEASE SOON BECAUSE MY 2 SONS REALLY WANNNNNNNNNA IT AND THEY ALWAYS PLAY MINECRAFT ALL THE TIME…. THANK YOU FOR PRODUCE FOR MINECRAFT

DavidAaron said:

December 16th, 11:08 am

Have several questions for this but my biggest one is there MP, can you create maps and share them like on the PC?

bj626 said:

December 16th, 11:12 am

Please Reply, will there be a multiplayer without internet like… say i have 4 ps3 controllers can i just play with freinds at my house in a 4-way Spilt-Screen or will I have to play them online somewhere?

FpsJoey said:

December 16th, 11:29 am

AWESOME!
Thank you to everyone that worked on this game.
Now I begin the wait for a Ps4 edition lol

jackiero2424 said:

December 16th, 11:33 am

Can’t wait for it on ps3 I play a the time on the computer

Elvick_ said:

December 16th, 11:44 am

Dear Sony, do a PS Vita bundle with Minecraft. Add in LBP Vita to spice it up even more, but advertise Minecraft more and have at least a 8GB card included.

Advertise it. Win.

But, SCEA won’t do **** for Vita… so nope.avi

Elvick_ said:

December 16th, 11:44 am

Advertise it. Win.

But, SCEA won’t do anything for Vita… so nope.avi

DxJeckel said:

December 16th, 11:54 am

How will the PS4 version differ from the other console versions? Will it be larger in scale?

PSN_Tokeio said:

December 16th, 12:03 pm

Buying any and ALL versions of Minecraft! So exciting to get an early Christmas present, thank you @4JStudios and @Mojang for getting this ready. Platinum trophy #faints. Bring on the Vita and PS4 versions! Cross buy + cross play would be great if included, buying all three regardless.

shadowman_097 said:

*^
&^&^*
&^
*&^

Brotha56 said:

December 16th, 12:21 pm

As tempted to buy this as soon as it comes out, I really want the PS4 version, so unless I know for sure that it’ll be cross buy I’ll have to hold off for a little bit.

PrisonerZero1221 said:

December 16th, 12:22 pm

will there be mods ?

avluis said:

December 16th, 12:31 pm

All I want to know, and care about is, can I use my own Minecraft server with this!?

Pikmologist said:

December 16th, 12:44 pm

I’ve been waiting for this day for along time… Even before it was confirmed for a PlayStation release! I’ll be buying this tomorrow! I can’t wait! Any chance this will be Cross Buy?

PAGE 1 2 3 4 8