PS4-The Order

Minecraft Hits PS3 December 17th in North America

Owen Hill's Avatar + Posted by Owen Hill on Dec 16, 2013 // Mojang

Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition

Season’s greetings! Owen from Mojang here. I have some exciting news that you might be interested in. It’s about Minecraft – a game that’s sold over 30 million copies to date. Minecraft is a game about breaking and placing blocks. At first, you’ll probably build simple structures to protect against nocturnal monsters. Later on, you might work with your friends to create wonderful, imaginative things.

It can also be about adventuring or watching the sun rise over a blocky ocean. It’s pretty. Brave players battle terrible things in The Nether, which is more scary that pretty. You can also visit a land of mushrooms if it sounds more like your cup of tea.

Minecraft: PlayStation 3 EditionMinecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition

Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition will be available to download from PSN on December 17th in North America. Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition and Minecraft: PS Vita Edition are also being developed, but we don’t have release dates yet. Expect them sometime next year.

I’ve received a few questions concerning the PS3 edition over the past few months, so let’s clear them up before I get thrown off the blog…

Minecraft: PlayStation 3 EditionMinecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition

Q: Does Minecraft: PS3 Edition feature everything from the other versions of Minecraft?
Minecraft: PS3 Edition comes with everything present in other console versions. They’re pretty much identical to play, and will be developed in tandem from now on.

Q: Will Minecraft: PS3 Edition feature DLC texture packs and skins?
Downloadable skins and texture packs will be available from PSN soon after release.

Q: Will there be PlayStation-specific content?
PlayStation-specific skins and texture packs would be cool! Fingers crossed, eh?

Q: Will Minecraft: PS3 Edition feature Remote Play or compatibility with the PS4 or PS Vita editions?
We don’t know yet, sorry. We’ll let you know as soon as we do.

Q: Does Herobrine feature in Minecraft: PS3 Edition?
Probably not.

That’s it for now! I’ll do my best to answer any more queries you have below! Merry Christmas/Nadolig Llawen everyone!

Owen – @bopogamel

Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 8

+ AARON-DODANIIM on December 16th, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

how can i buy the game

+ deeman54321 on December 16th, 2013 at 1:12 pm said:

Will i be able to download mods and put them on my ps3 version?

+ Frazz on December 16th, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

Hi Owen,
1. Does minecraft PS3 support split screen with two seperate psn accounts?

2. Can you say how much minecraft PS3 will cost?

3. Can you comment on development for next gen consoles and maybe the advantages?

+ bsholmes1993 on December 16th, 2013 at 1:15 pm said:

Why are people so stupid on these fourms. How do I buy this game? Really your going to ask that question are you that dumb that you don’t know about how to use the playstation store or your going to ask if you can use mods made for the PC on a PS3 god people grow a brain

+ bsholmes1993 on December 16th, 2013 at 1:17 pm said:

And people asking about the price its going to be $19.99 just like the Xbox version of Minecraft.

+ The_Dukenator on December 16th, 2013 at 1:19 pm said:

@101 No. Mods will not work on PS3.

@102 Local split screen or online play.

@103 You buy it thru PS Store. Retail release is unknown.

+ Thome136 on December 16th, 2013 at 1:23 pm said:

Any online-multiplayer in it. Thanks in advance

+ Shadowskypez on December 16th, 2013 at 1:25 pm said:

I was praying for this to come to PS3 thank you for making that happen! And I have a question, will their be cool features on the PS4 with the touchpad?

+ bsholmes1993 on December 16th, 2013 at 1:26 pm said:

yes read the article Thome it states online play

+ livingwithoutyou on December 16th, 2013 at 1:39 pm said:

Will there be cross-buy?

+ n0t-rdy-2-die on December 16th, 2013 at 1:48 pm said:

what time zone will it release in? EST,PST…etc..

+ LordEleos on December 16th, 2013 at 2:00 pm said:

GREATNESS AWAITS

+ IMBeAzTzz on December 16th, 2013 at 2:04 pm said:

when is it released in the UK

+ spongebobnme on December 16th, 2013 at 2:11 pm said:

Do we have to have playstation plus for this game

+ FightingRPG on December 16th, 2013 at 2:11 pm said:

I’m just curious if it has the features for us to create our own Skin Textures. I know the Xbox 360 version of MineCraft felt a bit lacking because it didn’t feature this. Even just the ability to import textures from PC to PS3 would be nice, if possible to implement.
I recognize the potential for inappropriate skins, but I also recognize that in a game about customization, this is a key feature as well as an outlet to show ones creativity..or even simply to make costumes based on characters not offered as DLC, such as non-Sony characters (such as Mario, Link from Zelda, etc), or characters who just didn’t get DLC skins and aren’t as likely too, such as Final Fantasy characters, MegaMan characters, Darkstalkers characters, etc

+ x-_NuMinNeX_-x on December 16th, 2013 at 2:14 pm said:

will it come out for ps3 on disk because then i could not play it because i dont have online for the ps3 anymore only for my home computer

+ Ozzie2478 on December 16th, 2013 at 2:19 pm said:

@Rica The Vita verison will be the version similar to what PS3/PS4/X360/Xone, so it will not be the pocket edition :D

+ Lazard47 on December 16th, 2013 at 2:20 pm said:

I’ve owned the game since the PC beta and also bought a copy for each of my daughters. After almost two years of running my own server they grew tired of it and I finally shut it down this past summer.
I’ll have to see how many friends are planning on purchasing this on the PS3. I’m solid on PS3 still since Drive Club is the only game I care about on the PS4 so far.

+ IMBeAzTzz on December 16th, 2013 at 2:28 pm said:

will it be released on the 18th for EU

+ Mc_Fires on December 16th, 2013 at 2:36 pm said:

any one know how much it will be?

+ solo013 on December 16th, 2013 at 2:49 pm said:

I’d love to get this, but I stayed motion sick a week after playing it elsewhere just one night. I guess I’ll stick with Terraria for now.

+ rainmaker29 on December 16th, 2013 at 2:54 pm said:

What will the price be??

+ The_Dukenator on December 16th, 2013 at 2:58 pm said:

@115 Online play on PS3 is free. Keep that in mind. Minecraft PS3 is download only at this time.

@113 Don’t think so.

+ vex123456789 on December 16th, 2013 at 3:05 pm said:

@JeRzYzFyNeSt RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Laker_4_Life99 on December 16th, 2013 at 3:06 pm said:

What is the price? Im most likely getting it release date

+ DJPlace on December 16th, 2013 at 3:07 pm said:

i thought mircosoft only owned minecraft rights? no wonder Terraria was on sale…

+ dkarlowicz10 on December 16th, 2013 at 3:09 pm said:

I will be getting this on the PS3 and PS Vita. Any word on cross save? At some point when I get the PS4, I will most likely get it on the PS4 as well. Any discounts on buying all three?

+ heechullie on December 16th, 2013 at 3:10 pm said:

Finally! Cross buy would be awesome but I’m not too hurt by it if not. Majority of my friends own the ps3 and not a ps4 so might as well buy it with the ps3 right? 20 bucks for a game isn’t some ungodly amount so if I have to pay for it again for my ps4 so be it. Excited that this is coming out!!

+ The_Dukenator on December 16th, 2013 at 3:11 pm said:

@125 They expired. Mojang is the company behind Minecraft.

+ AggroAssault on December 16th, 2013 at 3:24 pm said:

If we buy for PS3, and the PS4 version comes out, will there be a discount like there were for games like Call of Duty Ghosts and Battlefield 4?

+ leptonic on December 16th, 2013 at 3:38 pm said:

A-MA-ZING!!! O.o

+ jimmyfoxhound on December 16th, 2013 at 3:50 pm said:

oh yes!! I had no idea the come was coming out this soon!! Thank you Mojang!!!

+ LUGO626 on December 16th, 2013 at 3:57 pm said:

will it be cross buy?

+ Joman3000 on December 16th, 2013 at 4:09 pm said:

But is it free for PS3 or do u need to pay

+ The_Dukenator on December 16th, 2013 at 4:18 pm said:

@133 Its not free.

+ The_Dukenator on December 16th, 2013 at 4:20 pm said:

I mean 134.

+ AskAndrew123 on December 16th, 2013 at 4:21 pm said:

Does anybody know how much is it going to be? Im hoping for at least $10 in US or free with PS+ Hopefully…

+ SpooNManX on December 16th, 2013 at 4:26 pm said:

I look forward to trying it out, but I have one question.. How do you tame a horse in Minecraft?

+ theheatgaming on December 16th, 2013 at 4:33 pm said:

how much will it cost

+ The_Dukenator on December 16th, 2013 at 4:36 pm said:

@137 It’ll be $20 and won’t be free for PS+..

@138 Check minecraft.gamepedia.com

+ CallofBooty510 on December 16th, 2013 at 4:44 pm said:

Awesome! Definitely getting it

+ thesecondson96 on December 16th, 2013 at 4:48 pm said:

Any idea on the size of the file and the price point?

+ djsaiyan on December 16th, 2013 at 4:48 pm said:

I’m also in the cross-buy camp. My rule now that the PS4 is out, is if there’s a PS4 version I’ll get that over the PS3 one, even if it means waiting.

Though if it’s cross-buy I’ll jump now, confident that the next gen version is waiting for me.

+ danthefierce97 on December 16th, 2013 at 5:12 pm said:

what about UK/ROI/Europe. we’ll want minecraft too

+ ElectricBee1 on December 16th, 2013 at 5:18 pm said:

I can’t Wait Until It Comes To PS Vita! I am supposed to get one for Christmas From Santa!

+ MicoCruz on December 16th, 2013 at 5:25 pm said:

Hello, all!

Already got Terraria for the PS3 and will also get Terraria for Vita. Never got my hands on Minecraft for PC since am not a PC gamer, but they seem similar to me. Will it still be worth it if I go get this game even if I already have Terraria? Just wanted to ask.

Thanks a lot!

+ The_Dukenator on December 16th, 2013 at 5:39 pm said:

@146 Terraria and Minecraft are 2 different games, made by different companies.

+ AbandonThread on December 16th, 2013 at 5:39 pm said:

Cant wait getting it Day 1

+ Mike10Dude on December 16th, 2013 at 5:52 pm said:

if i new that this would include the vita and ps4 version later on then i would buy it right away

+ x-Wastelandz-x on December 16th, 2013 at 5:53 pm said:

How much will it cost.If it cost less or the same as xbox that is a Day1 buy for me

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 8