PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Minecraft Hits PS3 December 17th in North America

Owen Hill's Avatar + Posted by Owen Hill on Dec 16, 2013 // Mojang

Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition

Season’s greetings! Owen from Mojang here. I have some exciting news that you might be interested in. It’s about Minecraft – a game that’s sold over 30 million copies to date. Minecraft is a game about breaking and placing blocks. At first, you’ll probably build simple structures to protect against nocturnal monsters. Later on, you might work with your friends to create wonderful, imaginative things.

It can also be about adventuring or watching the sun rise over a blocky ocean. It’s pretty. Brave players battle terrible things in The Nether, which is more scary that pretty. You can also visit a land of mushrooms if it sounds more like your cup of tea.

Minecraft: PlayStation 3 EditionMinecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition

Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition will be available to download from PSN on December 17th in North America. Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition and Minecraft: PS Vita Edition are also being developed, but we don’t have release dates yet. Expect them sometime next year.

I’ve received a few questions concerning the PS3 edition over the past few months, so let’s clear them up before I get thrown off the blog…

Minecraft: PlayStation 3 EditionMinecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition

Q: Does Minecraft: PS3 Edition feature everything from the other versions of Minecraft?
Minecraft: PS3 Edition comes with everything present in other console versions. They’re pretty much identical to play, and will be developed in tandem from now on.

Q: Will Minecraft: PS3 Edition feature DLC texture packs and skins?
Downloadable skins and texture packs will be available from PSN soon after release.

Q: Will there be PlayStation-specific content?
PlayStation-specific skins and texture packs would be cool! Fingers crossed, eh?

Q: Will Minecraft: PS3 Edition feature Remote Play or compatibility with the PS4 or PS Vita editions?
We don’t know yet, sorry. We’ll let you know as soon as we do.

Q: Does Herobrine feature in Minecraft: PS3 Edition?
Probably not.

That’s it for now! I’ll do my best to answer any more queries you have below! Merry Christmas/Nadolig Llawen everyone!

Owen – @bopogamel

Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition

PAGE 1 6 7 8

+ NolaJokerTyler on December 17th, 2013 at 4:04 pm said:

Can you use the same login information from the PC version on the ps3, to be able to play with all of my stuff from the PC version?

+ Owen-GP on December 17th, 2013 at 4:50 pm said:

its not there for australia

+ The_Dukenator on December 17th, 2013 at 4:56 pm said:

@351 Never could. Its not cross platform compatible.

@352 Maybe in the future.

+ Amogh48 on December 17th, 2013 at 5:19 pm said:

Really happy to see this, I’ve been waiting so long! There is a free trial, which I downloaded for free from PSN Store, so that’s awesome! Also, by the way, the full game is $19.99 for download! Thank you Mojang and Sony!

+ Dead-_Body-_ on December 17th, 2013 at 5:25 pm said:

None of my friends have this game (crazy as that sounds) and I want to play online. Does anyone want to play Minecraft with me? if so send me a friend request.

+ Hero_579 on December 17th, 2013 at 5:39 pm said:

will there be split screen in it?

+ peytomack on December 17th, 2013 at 6:44 pm said:

@Owen-GP It comes out 18th, December for EU so it will most likely come out same time

+ The_Dukenator on December 17th, 2013 at 6:59 pm said:

@356 Depends. Do you have a HDTV?

@355 You could play single in survival or creative mode.

+ Province4Struweg on December 17th, 2013 at 10:29 pm said:

When is it coming to South Africa????????

+ callofdiamonds on December 18th, 2013 at 9:33 am said:

When will you release minecraft ps3 edition on United Kingdom

+ purp_n_yellow on December 18th, 2013 at 10:12 am said:

if someone already has the “on a rail” trophy, invite me so i can get it pleeeease

+ FoxRashel on December 18th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

I bought Minecraft for my boyfriend as well as myself… however… it is on pc. There isn’t any possible chance that Mojang is allowing those on pc to move it to other consoles right? :/ Otherwise there goes $40.00 on a game I already bought.

+ liams_the_name on December 18th, 2013 at 12:26 pm said:

do you have any information or idea of when the psvita version will be released?

+ Whatafack_ on December 18th, 2013 at 3:01 pm said:

There will be custom skins on Ps3 version?

+ OuroboricAnima1 on December 18th, 2013 at 5:31 pm said:

would literally buy this right now if it were crossbuy… come on Mojang, no matter how good minecraft is, I am not being forced to buy it 2 more times. I’m gonna hold out for the ps4 version unless it is crossbuy. I’ve already spent a fortune on this one game.

+ SoUl_WaRRioR79 on December 18th, 2013 at 5:56 pm said:

cant hear my friend

+ monkeyboogers on December 18th, 2013 at 6:03 pm said:

If this is going to be a cross buy then I will for sure get it .

+ ProfessrPi on December 18th, 2013 at 11:01 pm said:

http://mcps3ag.yuku.com/ is a Temporary forum for players to meet each other until we can get a real forum made(I never made one before so go figure.). There is also a Facebook page for people who want to play online together via PS3 to keep in contact and meet https://www.facebook.com/groups/562692713818991/

Feel free to add me on PSN if you’re up for a game sometime, My roomie and I are pretty laid back and only have a couple of rules when I run a game for people to join openly.

+ BadStrategy on December 19th, 2013 at 4:35 pm said:

If I buy the PS3 edition of minecraft can I upgrade it to PS4 for free?
Will I get the PS4 edition for free, have to pay a discounted amount or have to pay full price?

I want Minecraft console now, but don’t want to pay again later.

+ itchytimmy4 on December 21st, 2013 at 2:06 pm said:

Herobrine is real in Minecraft PlayStation®3 as when I was playing online with 2 other people, I was starting to get hit. I was on my own on a small island with the other 2 people building houses on a completely different island. I was climbing vines and I was hit, twice. I looked around to see if anyone was near me, I saw no-one. I climbed down and decided I took fall damage. I started to eat as my hunger was low when I got hit twice again. I was really creeped out and I looked around again. Still, no-one. Invisible killer? Only one possibility, Herobrine…

+ kha0sc0ntr0l on December 22nd, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

Nice I have the Xbox 360 edition and I play it all the time on the pc now im just waiting for the PS4 edition.

+ army_of_two_fan0 on December 24th, 2013 at 9:53 am said:

Just wanna know one thing. My ps3’s hard drive keeps my ps3 from starting up. So I’m hoping to open up a ps4 tomorrow. Will I be able to play ps3 edition on my ps4 with my friends that are still on ps3 servers? Or even at all?

+ cheeseforbmx1 on December 27th, 2013 at 5:09 am said:

Yo guys add me and lets play!! id: cheeseforbmx

+ TeenAge11 on December 27th, 2013 at 7:49 am said:

Will Minecraft be available for the PS VITA????

Wird Minecraft für die PSVita erhältlich sein??

+ LiL-G-GAMEGENIUS on December 29th, 2013 at 3:02 pm said:

this was released on my birthday

+ aus_scarecrow321 on December 30th, 2013 at 1:40 am said:

i have minecraft on pc i bought it will i have to buy it again for ps3?

+ medusaxcore on January 2nd, 2014 at 8:23 pm said:

im just hoping we can cross play the vita system and ps3. D:

+ nghost60311 on January 9th, 2014 at 8:51 am said:

You Know? It be really cool to see a Borderlands or Dead Space Texture Pack… Huh? Huh? n_n

PAGE 1 6 7 8