PS4-The Order

Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition Out Today

Owen Hill's Avatar + Posted by Owen Hill on Dec 17, 2013 // Mojang

Hello fans of video games! Christmas has come early!

Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition is out today on PlayStation Store! It costs $19.99 and weighs in at a 103 MB (including a handy patch that’ll download when you first launch the game).

Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition comes packed with cool stuff: split-screen support for up to four players, online multiplayer for up to eight, Creative mode, Survival mode, and a bundle of Trophies. It’s super fun. If you don’t believe me, get the trial and decide for yourself.

Watch the trailer above to see some pretty footage of Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition, or stop reading this and start the download!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

+ OUTLAWZZ1007 on December 17th, 2013 at 8:07 pm said:

Im gonna spend too much time playing this

+ Jisatsu_Kiddo on December 17th, 2013 at 8:10 pm said:

49(murda)
The reason ps4 will be taking so much time is that as you said remote play and the fact it will be as close to pc without mods as possible. Almost unending worlds/biomes updates and so forth. X system and ps3 are limited in the aspect of world size, though content is not as far behind as it was when it first hit X system.

+ alphagoku1 on December 17th, 2013 at 8:11 pm said:

well at least I know im not being completely ignored now, thanks for the info, if nothing else, the effort to help me is a refreshing change of atmosphere. appreciated :)

+ sillychimera943 on December 17th, 2013 at 8:20 pm said:

but when will it come i asia? ;(

+ sillychimera943 on December 17th, 2013 at 8:21 pm said:

but when will it come in asia :( ?

+ alphagoku1 on December 17th, 2013 at 8:34 pm said:

oh yeah another game really quick, you know anything solid on n++?

+ campingsnipe on December 17th, 2013 at 8:59 pm said:

Camping here looking for some minecraft buddies for ps3. I can start a server or you can if interested i will add your gamer tag. So far i just cant find them melons.

+ ALEX87PS on December 17th, 2013 at 9:19 pm said:

I really wish you guys could confirm if it’s going to be CROSS-BUY.

I have a PS3 and a PS VITA and will buy it immediately if it’s cross-buy!!!!

until you confirm it I’ll have to wait and not buy this :(

+ Province4Struweg on December 17th, 2013 at 10:26 pm said:

When is it coming to South Africa?????????????????

+ panteradown2 on December 18th, 2013 at 12:23 am said:

Make this cross buy with the ps4/vita or Im not buying it.

+ TonyTheDealer on December 18th, 2013 at 1:32 am said:

I’m most interested in the Vita version. Cross-Buy!!!

+ Zanapu on December 18th, 2013 at 1:59 am said:

If I buy the Playstation 3 version right now, will I get the Playstation 4 version for free or discounted price? Or is it going to cost me 40 dollars if I want it on both of my consoles? Thanks.

+ sanjaya2012 on December 18th, 2013 at 4:47 am said:

Why its still not available on ps3 EU?????????
:-(

+ omagapower on December 18th, 2013 at 5:16 am said:

@sillychimera943 you can just create a US psn account as i did if you want to bye minecraft for ps3 now

+ TheUndertaker85 on December 18th, 2013 at 5:27 am said:

Any sort of cross play?

Also any plans for cross buy? I wouldn’t mind buying assuming I can use it across PS3, PS Vita, and PS4.

Cross play is wanted but not necessarily needed. Cross buy in this instance seems like a far different subject.

Oh and Sony, since you’ve been so nice to keep my Vita at the repair center for the past month and a half(You received November 8th; Still no return) how about sending it back now so I can actually play my new Vita games that are just sitting around?

Funny though how PS4 was released after you received my system yet multiple reports suggest broken PS4s have no problem returning quickly.

+ REAKLISHRAGING on December 18th, 2013 at 6:21 am said:

waiting for vita version to come out i already have terraria and its really fun the games i have is cod assassins creed mk playstation all star lego marvel injustice hotline miami and thats it so add me if u have any of these games and im gettin playstation plus on chrismas later

+ jeemusu on December 18th, 2013 at 9:46 am said:

Is it going to be cross-buy with the ps4 version?

+ NGTKU on December 18th, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

Is anyone else having problems connecting online with people???

+ NIGHTBOMB123 on December 18th, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

Snap minecraft is out

+ kylejones1084 on December 18th, 2013 at 1:44 pm said:

add me if anyone wanna play!

+ ShadowRazor38 on December 18th, 2013 at 2:53 pm said:

Add me if you like to play online.

+ Wrru on December 18th, 2013 at 3:53 pm said:

No PS4/Vita cross-buy, No purchasing. I will wait till then, if ever…

+ ProfessrPi on December 18th, 2013 at 5:05 pm said:

Mine Craft has finally come to the Ps3….. Well my Christmas gift has been answered and I am now the happiest 25 year old child in the known universe. At least until a creeper blows up my non-functioning hydro-electric dam.

+ DEVILS_REJECTS66 on December 18th, 2013 at 6:44 pm said:

Well I just got minecraft for the ps3 and wanting to play with some one… my wife wont play with me lol so i need some to play with me fyi i also have gtaV,mw3,grid2,and a few others i dont remember now so any chance any one wants to add me. if so just add me and put minecraft in the reason line

+ mkid75 on December 18th, 2013 at 7:06 pm said:

Hey playstation team u with mojang and make a minecraft for the vita, and not a 3rd party makeshift minecraft wannabe, also known as terraria. please make minecraft vita edition!

+ Ghosthaunt on December 18th, 2013 at 7:33 pm said:

anyone up for game, Add me as a friend. my brother and I will be playing when we get the chance if anyone interested. Minecraft Playstation 3 edition :)

+ cardnal on December 18th, 2013 at 8:40 pm said:

looking for ppl to play with. just add me as a friend “cardnal” i play a lot! i want to get enough people together to slay the ender dragon!!!

+ GamerYang123 on December 18th, 2013 at 8:48 pm said:

I am from Singapore which is in Asia and minecraft was not in the store D:

+ Wassco on December 19th, 2013 at 12:39 am said:

Yea, i too have the PC version since alpha (heck i htink i payed $8- for my legit copy back in the day..

I will only purchase ANOTHER copy when these details are met..

1. Cross-buy (if you think im gonna fork out another $20 for a crappier version of the game your out of your friggen mind!

2. PSN plus discount (4j you said launch title) discount for being liars and getting hopes up. -rep for sure..

3. Cross-play (this is the deal breaker for 99% of PS buyers…) if i cant play this on ps4+vita together.. absolutely no way in hell am i buying it.. nor anyone i know.. (ive seen every third post admit this almost)

4. playing on my TV isnt hard, i can just as easily rig my pc up to any 50″ tv and use the PS3/PS4 controller wireless with pc minecraft (looks better runs better)

5. 4J.. how about you spend that extra time and maybe work with some of those GLSL shader mods + add support for texture packs.. ps4 could handle it easy peasy.. and you would increase your sales exponentially..

(id pay $30 for MC on ps4 if you could somehow work in the ability to use SPHAX bdcraft and the shaders.. $15- for the regular rehashed crap they have had for the past 2+ yrs already..

+ dividedx11 on December 19th, 2013 at 2:59 am said:

I really can’t wait to play it!

+ markkid3 on December 19th, 2013 at 3:20 am said:

i got the demo yesterday getting a psn card for 20$ so i can get full

+ markkid3 on December 19th, 2013 at 3:21 am said:

ps game is awsome i here no herobrine i dont know

+ Jexeh on December 19th, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

How long does it take to download?

+ ImVibes on December 19th, 2013 at 9:23 am said:

Hey so what update is the ps3 version on, like the same as on PC or same as xbox?…or just at the beginning

+ TheJoker112978 on December 19th, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

Very sweet. Been waiting for a long time!! :))

+ N00B-_007 on December 19th, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

Which version of minecraft is this?

+ lucasboyz on December 19th, 2013 at 1:06 pm said:

can someone please tell us how to get the split screen player vs player mode? we can not figure it out.

+ NIGHTBOMB123 on December 19th, 2013 at 1:34 pm said:

Ps4 rules

+ ryanchunt on December 19th, 2013 at 4:37 pm said:

79, have you ever actually tried playing minecraft with a gamepad??? it’s pretty raunchily rough even with motioninjoy set up as fine as you can with proper deadzones. i’ve basically been waiting for it to come to ps3 for a couple years now because it’s so awful to play with emulated controls instead of hardcoded gamepad controls.

+ Newguyiswinning on December 19th, 2013 at 4:42 pm said:

I have minecraft for PC and I enjoy it a lot. Is there any way that I can get this for free on PS3 since I already have it on PC?

+ thefifthseason on December 19th, 2013 at 5:00 pm said:

Bought it and love it! But I went on again this morning to play and it takes FOREVER to finalize the server and then says there’s a connection error and the server timed out…what’s going on???

+ Bermudez77 on December 19th, 2013 at 8:33 pm said:

what do you need to setup splitscreen and how please some i need to know my little sis wants to play with me but dont know how SO PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Alexac130 on December 19th, 2013 at 9:49 pm said:

I always wanted this game to be on Playstation 3 because i tried out the Minecraft Pocket Edition allot and the PC version but not the PS3 version. And I’m planning to get this game on my birthday (December 21).

+ AlxKara on December 19th, 2013 at 10:15 pm said:

When I try to play in split screen mode (I press “start” on secong controller), application is hang. Is there any solution?

+ lesja8 on December 20th, 2013 at 4:35 am said:

How do you start split-screen?

+ Marcus5514 on December 20th, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

Please make Cross-Play between Vita/PS3 D:

+ ScHyLeR3214 on December 20th, 2013 at 2:03 pm said:

It would be nice if this game was cheaper if you already had a PC minecraft account.

+ xMrsAngelox on December 20th, 2013 at 3:32 pm said:

Canyou use a mic in multiplayer? seems like whenever i play with another person they cant hear me with my mic?

+ UnDeAdDaVeY on December 20th, 2013 at 5:45 pm said:

I have it for PC, do i have to buy it for PS3 TO? I hope theres a place were you can login to your PC minecraft account and use your own custom skin!

+ xl_YOUfailBRO_lx on December 20th, 2013 at 6:19 pm said:

Anyone want to play minecraft send me a friends request i just got it today :) P.S MIC’s will be great to