PS4-Watch_Dogs

Mutant Mudds Deluxe Makes a Splash on PS3 and PS Vita Today

Jools Watsham's Avatar + Posted by Jools Watsham on Dec 17, 2013 // Renegade Kid

I am thrilled to announce that today marks not only Mutant Mudds’ debut on PlayStation, but also Renegade Kid’s first PlayStation game ever. Excite!

The unique PlayStation experience you get with Mutant Mudds Deluxe is very special. The game supports Cross-Buy and Cross-Save. Buy Mutant Mudds Deluxe on PlayStation Store once, and you get it on both PS3 and PS Vita! So, if you want to play it on your PS3 today, then take it on the go tomorrow with your PS Vita, Mutant Mudds Deluxe has you covered. You can transfer your saved progress between your PS3 and PS Vita via the cloud and not miss a Muddy moment.

If you’re unfamiliar with Mutant Mudds Deluxe, it’s a “12-bit” 2D platformer with challenging level design and some inter-dimensional leaping between the foreground and background layers – a real treat for the eyeballs! “What is so ‘Deluxe’ about it?” you may ask. Good question! The ‘Deluxe’ edition adds 20 new devilishly-difficult Ghost levels into the Muddy mix, bringing the total level count to a staggering 80. There’s also a new Ghost Shot power-up, a multitude of secret playable characters to find, mid-level checkpoints (which can be toggled on/off), and a bevy of Trophies to collect and brag about to your friends.

Mutant Mudds Deluxe on PS3 and PS Vita

Mutant Mudds Deluxe on PS3 and PS VitaMutant Mudds Deluxe on PS3 and PS Vita

Click here to see the full gallery

When we originally created Mutant Mudds, we did not know how many people were going to be able to play our baby or if anyone other than us would really enjoy it. We were genuinely surprised, humbled, and overjoyed with the tremendous response the game received from players and the press. Whether you’re an avid fan of Mutant Mudds who is excited to play it on your PlayStation, or a new player who is looking forward to experiencing the Muddy apocalypse for the first time, thank you for your support and we look forward to entertaining you more in the future! Keep it Muddy, my friends.

+ fredster90 on December 17th, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

Finally first

+ Gorvi on December 17th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

Looks good, how much will it be?

+ HeadacheHunter-X on December 17th, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

Price?

+ Jools Watsham on December 17th, 2013 at 8:46 am said:

Thanks guys! Mutant Mudds Deluxe will be $9.99.

+ RenegadeJools on December 17th, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

Thanks guys! Mutant Mudds Deluxe will be $9.99.

+ aro52 on December 17th, 2013 at 8:24 am said:

Was picking up ‘Terraria’ and ‘Stick it to the Man’ today for the holiday travels, but might have to add this to the list…

+ Jools Watsham on December 17th, 2013 at 8:53 am said:

Awesome, thanks!

+ HeadacheHunter-X on December 17th, 2013 at 8:24 am said:

5 bucks on ios
9 bucks in nintendo eshop
hope the price for PSers could be reasonable:)

+ Jools Watsham on December 17th, 2013 at 8:47 am said:

The PlayStation version is the only one that provides both the PS3 and PS Vita versions for one price.

Mutant Mudds Deluxe is also $9.99 on Steam and Wii U.

+ BanzaiHeil on December 17th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

As I watched the video I immediately said to myself “Wow, it looks like it’s somewhere between 8-bit and 16-bit.” Then just a ways further into the video I see you actually call it “12-bit.” I’d say you achieved exactly what you were going for! Job well done, game looks great! Count yourself one more sale.

+ Jools Watsham on December 17th, 2013 at 8:55 am said:

Thanks so much. Happy to hear you’re digging the 12-bit art style. :)

+ Prothean on December 17th, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

Cross-Buy and Cross-Save will make it a definite purchase for me… I was able to finish Guacamelee and now (finally) playing Rainbow Moon solely because of the flexibility in play that those two features allow… thanks Sony and dev!

+ Jools Watsham on December 17th, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

Awesome! Thank you. I really love the Cross-Buy / Cross-Save feature.

We are living in the future! :)

+ RenegadeJools on December 17th, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

Mutant Mudds Deluxe is $9.99 on Steam and Wii U.

+ INFIDEL_JIHAD on December 17th, 2013 at 8:30 am said:

Damn I was hoping all those first comments guys grew up or died … The game looks good brings my mind back to old school gaming … I want it any chance it will come to the PS4 ?

+ Jools Watsham on December 17th, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

Yes, there’s definitely a chance of the game coming to PS4 in the future.

+ MrBendel on December 17th, 2013 at 8:34 am said:

I was really excited when I saw this on iOS but the controls made the game so hard to play! Looking forward to trying this on my Vita with some real d-pad action :D

+ Jools Watsham on December 17th, 2013 at 8:52 am said:

Yeah, I agree. I like buttons. :)

Personally, I think the game feels great on the Vita d-pad.

+ Zeer0id on December 17th, 2013 at 8:43 am said:

you go Jools!

+ akisuo on December 17th, 2013 at 8:45 am said:

Love it. I played this a while back on my nephews 3ds. Never got to finish it, but I’m very excited to play this on my vita. Hopefully we’ll see more games from Renegade Kid on ps3 and vita. =)

+ Jools Watsham on December 17th, 2013 at 8:57 am said:

We are super excited to finally be a part of the Sony family, and truly feel welcomed in. We would love to release more games with Sony in the future.

+ TesseractE on December 17th, 2013 at 8:47 am said:

Chiptunes! Must have Chiptunes!

Will the soundtrack be made available?

+ TesseractE on December 17th, 2013 at 8:50 am said:

Second question: Will this have 3dTV compatibility?

+ Jools Watsham on December 17th, 2013 at 8:58 am said:

No, sorry. This does not support 3dTV.

+ Mando44646 on December 17th, 2013 at 8:53 am said:

Im glad I didnt get this on 3DS like I was thinking about! I’d much prefer it on Vita and with trophies

+ Jools Watsham on December 17th, 2013 at 10:04 am said:

Score! Thank you!! Yeah, the addition of trophies is something I really like too.

+ vanwinkle on December 17th, 2013 at 9:01 am said:

Woo! Hope this is the start of a glorious relationship between Playstation and Renegade Kid! So excited for this game.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on December 17th, 2013 at 9:04 am said:

Its nice to see some new interesting games on the PS VITA..but seriously..can we see some AAA PSN games on it..like SHANK, JOE DANGER, Bionic Commander Rearmed 2, NFL BLITZ or NBA JAM..come on games like these NEED TO BE ON THE PS VITA!! I appreciate all the other games out there but without the ones i just mentioned i feel like i just wont be fully satisfied with my PS VITA..:/

+ PieNKEi_ on December 17th, 2013 at 9:16 am said:

I just saw the pictures and was not really in the mood for mutant mudds (lol)
But then i saw the video and OMG I NEED THIS
You sir, have sold very well.
my VITA needs more platform love and i think that you guys have just what she needs… and yes, i said she c:
i’ll keep an eye on your works guys, i see a bright future here

+ Jools Watsham on December 17th, 2013 at 10:05 am said:

Thank you. I am glad the trailer helped communicate the game better than the shots. Always good to hear. Nice!

+ Chrabbey on December 17th, 2013 at 9:27 am said:

Mutant Mudds was the one game that made me regret selling my 3DS to buy a Vita but now I don’t have that problem anymore! Sweet!

+ Jools Watsham on December 17th, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

Yay! A happy ending! :)

+ ragincajun7712 on December 17th, 2013 at 9:40 am said:

Loved this game on 3DS! Can’t wait to double dip.

+ PainOfSarrow on December 17th, 2013 at 9:43 am said:

game length ?

+ Jools Watsham on December 17th, 2013 at 10:04 am said:

2 to 20 hours, depending on your skillz. :)

The first 16 levels gradually ramp up in challenge, and then the last 4 levels of the “known” world are quite difficult. And then, there are the 20 secret (G-Land & V-Land), 20 Grannie, and 20 Ghost levels, all of which pack a punch in terms of challenge.

+ JeffsonP on December 17th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

Mutant Mudds Deluxe will be available in the Brazilian PS Store?

+ Jools Watsham on December 17th, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

+ IIL0YDII on December 17th, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

Crossbuy $10? I’m in!

+ pablofsi08 on December 17th, 2013 at 10:40 am said:

Since you guys are being so receptive let me leave my opinion about all these new games with game heroes that look like nerds lately: I’m not a nerd and I don’t like them, don’t lose my kind of public because that will degenerate games so much to a point they will stop being in touch with what most people like and will start disappearing and failing hard. My 2 cents.

+ Jools Watsham on December 17th, 2013 at 10:47 am said:

No worries. That’s cool. I never expected Mutant Mudds to appeal to everyone. No game can.

It was not our intention to make Max look like a nerd. Sure, I can see how he might look a little nerdy to some, but he doesn’t to me. He’s a school kid wearing glasses and shorts.

My focus with this game was to present a world, setting, and player-character that could allow the kid in you go on an adventure.

Some players love this. Some don’t. :)

+ pablofsi08 on December 17th, 2013 at 10:41 am said:

I would have probably bought this if the hero looked somewhat normal but aside from being a nerd, he doesn’t fit at all with the adventurous theme. At all.

+ CatatonicAlex on December 17th, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

I hate being poor.

+ Welmosca on December 17th, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

Wow this looks good…that thing of going to the background is a nice idea…didn’t have time to read the article….any chance of a demo?…PS3 and Vita yay.Cross buy?

+ Jools Watsham on December 17th, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

No demo planned. Cross-Buy and Cross-Save, yes!

+ Hayterfan on December 17th, 2013 at 10:48 am said:

Loved it on my 3DS, will gladly buy it again, and a third time once I get my WiiU

+ WilbertX on December 17th, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

Damn not a 8-12bit fan but this looks amazing

+ Matrix_Lion on December 17th, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

The nostalgia I get from looking at this game. Yeah I’ll be buying this.

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on December 17th, 2013 at 11:23 am said:

? Will DBZ Be a Day1 Sale For The psn Next Week?????

+ tusunami on December 17th, 2013 at 11:25 am said:

This is a great platformer I can tell by the trailer, & it’s going to be fun to play as well. All of these original excellent titles coming out for the PS Vita. This is what the system needs & more marketing for the holidays going forward.

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on December 17th, 2013 at 11:31 am said:

@CatatonicAlex Me 2 lol if I Win the Mega Millions ill buy you a game lol =D

+ PrimeroIncognito on December 17th, 2013 at 12:06 pm said:

I was checking out videos of this game on Youtube yesterday and it looks really fun to me. I like the idea of jumping back and forth between background and foreground layers. And the music sounds really cool.

I love classic-style platformers. Will definitely be buying this today.

+ Jools Watsham on December 17th, 2013 at 12:42 pm said:

Mutant Mudds Deluxe is now available on the PS Store! :)

+ TigerStealth on December 17th, 2013 at 12:53 pm said:

Looks great, thanks for bringing to Vita!

+ weapon-187 on December 17th, 2013 at 1:08 pm said:

Trophy support?

+ Jools Watsham on December 17th, 2013 at 2:15 pm said:

+ MmaFanQc on December 17th, 2013 at 1:45 pm said:

i enjoyed the 3ds version but im getting it a second time on Vita because you guys diserve it!

+ plaztiksyke on December 17th, 2013 at 2:11 pm said:

Great music! Can you say what codec/bitrate the audio assets are encoded at on VIta and PS3?

I only ask b ecause some other iOS-derived ports had middling MP3, which was a noticeable drop in quality from the 256-320kbps Ogg/AAC we’ve grown used to on PlayStation platforms :)

+ plaztiksyke on December 17th, 2013 at 2:12 pm said:

PS: here’s another vote for 3D support :)

+ belmont_gr on December 17th, 2013 at 2:27 pm said:

Will you release the game in Europe?

+ Aces73High on December 17th, 2013 at 2:35 pm said:

Hey Jools. As a long-time fan of you guys over at Renegade Kid, I’ve played Mutant Mudds to death on my 3DS — and had an absolute (and rather challenging) blast in doing so! So as you can imagine, I was delighted to hear that I’d soon be able to play Mutant Mudds on my Playstation Vita too.

If you’re still around though buddy, I do have a quick question for you — as a Londoner, I must admit to more than a tinge of disappointment to learn that Mudds is still some way off of an EU release. With this in mind, I was kinda hoping that you might have an estimate as to how long it’ll be before us Brits can partake in a little Mudds bashing in full, ultra-shiny, OLED splendor? In fact, the exact same question applies to the Wii U version too, so any kind of rough timescale concerning both (or either) platforms would be hugely appreciated.

With Renegade Kid on the cusp of embarking on it’s journey onto our beloved Playstation platforms, may I take this opportunity to wish you all the success in the world :-)

+ Jools Watsham on December 18th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

Thank you! I am sorry for the delay on the EU release. We hope to have it sorted out in the new year.

I really appreciate your support.

+ PainOfSarrow on December 17th, 2013 at 11:32 pm said:

Jools Watsham hmm sounds like a good amount of content for the price. il look into it, thanks for the info.

+ AlejandroRub on December 19th, 2013 at 3:04 am said:

Ihis like play this game, but on PlayStation Store Spain I’m not find the game… How I find the game?

+ AlejandroRub on December 19th, 2013 at 3:07 am said:

I like*

+ MightyAxle on December 19th, 2013 at 4:53 am said:

The game isn’t appearing on PS Store in the UK, is there any reason for this ?

+ Elvick_ on December 19th, 2013 at 5:38 am said:

I have to wait for Christmas to see if I get a PSN card before getting this. Sucks waiting. Can’t wait to play it on PS Vita.