PS4 - Destiny

The Walking Dead: Season Two Premiere Out Today on PS3

Laura Perusco's Avatar + Posted by Laura Perusco on Dec 17, 2013 // Community Lead, Telltale Games

It’s been almost a year since the season finale of The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series, and we know a lot of you have been wondering what the world has in store next for Clementine… today, we get to find out! The season premiere episode, All That Remains, is available to download today for PS3 on PlayStation Store for $4.99.

I don’t want to say too much for fear of spoiling the episode, but if you missed last week’s trailer and want a little sneak peek, check it out below.

We’re working with PlayStation to get the Season Pass option up as soon as possible — stay tuned for info on that.

If you’re looking to wait until the Season Pass option becomes available on PlayStation Store, remember to check out the Season One DLC Episode, 400 Days. Not only will choices from Season One carry into Season Two, but choices from 400 Days will affect your Season Two playthrough as well.

Haven’t played Telltale’s first season of The Walking Dead? It’s not too late to get caught up for Season Two. The Walking Dead: Episode One — A New Day is free to download right now, so you can see where it all began.

As ever, thanks for reading, and be sure to let us know what you think of All That Remains in the comments… but please be mindful of spoilers for fellow readers who have not yet had time to play!

PAGE 1 3 4 5

+ Lifendz on December 20th, 2013 at 3:31 am said:

Going to replay 400 days in the interim, but please let us know the eta for the season pass.

+ camseyeview on December 20th, 2013 at 10:09 am said:

When will the season pass come out for PS3?

+ ikelove on December 20th, 2013 at 10:29 am said:

Laura where are you? We deserve an update and you just leave us hanging. I would like an ETA on the season pass by this afternoon. If not, I’ll assume you’ve given up on us and I’ll spend my money elsewhere.

+ IrishRedLantern on December 20th, 2013 at 12:05 pm said:

I recently (finally) finished season 1 of the Walking Dead and it has become one of my top experiences in all my years of gaming. Even went out and bought a $50 PSN card so I could buy the new season immediately once available. I am of course disappointed by the delay in the season pass, especially when considering other platforms and even regions have gained access while those of us here in America are left twiddling our thumbs. Certainly seems that unless you have purchased a PS4 then you are no longer a priority to Sony.

I had planned to download Season 2 as well as the season pass for The Wolf Among Us, and like many previous posters was more than willing to patiently wait it out. Now I’m left wondering if we’ll even get an update by Christmas or if I should just cut and run to another platform. I left my Apple account behind with a $15 balance when I got a new phone and while $50 is quite a bit more (and they already have my money unfortunately) I am definitely considering taking my eventual next-gen money else-where.

All that being said I otherwise love my PS3 and especially the PS+ service. Keep up the good work and hopefully I’ll continue to avoid Season 2 spoilers until the pass gets released.

+ EweOfEh on December 20th, 2013 at 12:10 pm said:

Still no update…thanks Sony for showing your paying customers how much you care.

+ kmetek on December 20th, 2013 at 12:49 pm said:

buy from EU PSN?

+ Zoey1983 on December 20th, 2013 at 1:01 pm said:

Absolutely not going to happen, there’s valid reasons why i choose to have Rated M content from the US and that is not only the cheaper price over its european counterparts.

Plus the EU Season Pass is not going to be compatible with the US-Version of TWD Season 2 and i’m for sure not going to pay for a game twice

+ I-Fling-Poo-At-U on December 20th, 2013 at 4:28 pm said:

$14.99 Buy The Walking Dead: Season 2 SEASON PASS for the best value on remaining episodes (Episodes 2-5 to be released periodically) in the 5-part series once available to download. All Season Pass content will be available by Fall 2014. If you purchase this Season Pass, all future Season Pass content will be accessible in-game once available. Do not download from the Xbox Games Store, or you will be charged twice. The Walking Dead: Season 2, Ep. 1 – All That Remains game required; sold separately.

The pass is only for episodes 2-5.

+ LavenderMenace on December 20th, 2013 at 4:30 pm said:

TellTale said on twitter that they would have an update on the season pass later today

+ LavenderMenace on December 20th, 2013 at 4:42 pm said:

However I do hope they have this season pass thing sorted out to be on day one in the future; as I for one will be buying Game of Thrones on day one, season pass or not.

+ Veridis_Quo on December 20th, 2013 at 5:43 pm said:

Yeah, it sucks being left out when everyone else has already finished it and are talking about the episode. I just hope they learn from WAU and TWDS2 and have their season pass up on release day.

+ Daredevilnofear on December 20th, 2013 at 9:46 pm said:

Alright Laura I do not want to sound rude, But where is our Season Pass for TWD Season 2??? Really Being patient here and we need a update. Will it be out before Christmas???? And why the delay???

+ Ratchet544 on December 20th, 2013 at 10:46 pm said:

Hey Laura, I’m really trying to be patient as it is. I’m waiting and waiting while other people who already got season pass is playing and are already talking about season 2. While I’m stuck waiting and trying to keep away from being spoiled. This is really hard for me and everyone who are waiting. I’m starting to hang on but at the same time losing hope. I was excited to play it but now.. not so much. Just please tell us what’s the release date for season pass??

+ IshbarQ on December 20th, 2013 at 11:39 pm said:

Laura, if you don’t know simply say so. Too many people are growing impatient, including myself. You should be resetting clocks by updating us. A simple “I don’t know, on Monday I’ll let you know if anything has changed. If I know sooner, you’ll be sure to be informed.”

With a simple statement like that, you can reduce the amount of angry or impatient customers. I have convinced 34 people so far to not buy this game on principle of being purposefully locked out; it is obvious that TTG is doing this as a monetary move. Why else would whole markets on different but the same platform be kept without access. I guarantee they will be reviewing metrics of how many people purchased episode 1 AND the season pass, if only to see the increased revenue. The foreign market is smaller; and makes more income on each sale regardless, they know it will sell. Grave times we live in, as gamers.

+ andrew_pohuliai on December 21st, 2013 at 1:07 am said:

I wonder if devs rushed the second season release? Its just that they had The Wolf Among Us season pass right away with the first episode, so how come they couldn’t do the same with walking dead? I mean come on, it’s not the first time you coop with sony, what happened?

+ Domopunk1 on December 21st, 2013 at 6:40 am said:

It sucks that there’s no season pass yet but I didn’t realize it was a life-ending event for so many other people too. I feel for you guys, because when I can’t play a game day one because I want to save five dollars I also get feelings of uncontrollable rage.

Sarcasm aside, I’m psyched to pick this up whenever the season pass is ready. But…if I wanted to play it badly enough I think I could suck it up and pay the cost of a subway footlong.

+ LavenderMenace on December 21st, 2013 at 10:12 am said:

I just saw spoilers on the TellTale twitter page while I was looking for an update on the season pass. Pretty major spoliers. Come on TellTale this season pass thing is disappointing.

+ I-Fling-Poo-At-U on December 21st, 2013 at 10:36 am said:

Just buy the damn first episode. The season pass is just for episodes 2-5 and u have to have episode 1 to use it.

Buy The Walking Dead: Season 2 SEASON PASS for the best value on remaining episodes (Episodes 2-5 to be released periodically) in the 5-part series once available to download. All Season Pass content will be available by Fall 2014. If you purchase this Season Pass, all future Season Pass content will be accessible in-game once available. Do not download from the Store, or you will be charged twice. The Walking Dead: Season 2, Ep. 1 – All That Remains game required; sold separately.

+ Lifendz on December 21st, 2013 at 11:07 am said:

If I buy the first episode and then buy the season pass I’ve negated the reason to get the season pass in the first place

+ thosewholeft on December 21st, 2013 at 12:39 pm said:

I-Fling-Poo-At-U, it has already been stated by Laura in this thread that the PSN season pass includes all 5 episodes and not 2-5 like on 360.

+ Zoey1983 on December 21st, 2013 at 2:18 pm said:

Correct the 2-5 thing only counts for XBOX users, on PSN it will be different and still $19.99

Plus if you’re going to give in and buy the episode anyways, then you just encourage Telltale or other Companies going that way to doing the same thing over and over again and that is a no go, so if you have some damn courage up your Boots, wait it out and let the angry ones be angry, as they have all rights to be!

Laura Perusco's Avatar

+ Laura Perusco on December 21st, 2013 at 2:23 pm said:

Good news for those who’ve been waiting for The Walking Dead: Season Two Season Pass to appear on the PlayStation Network in North America! Though later than anticipated due to complications with the Season Pass being a separate submission to the standalone episode, we’re pleased to confirm that the Season Pass will be available from Tuesday, December 24th.

As a special thank you to those who purchased Episode 1 early AND those who’ve been waiting for the Season Pass before playing the premiere, the Season Pass (which includes Episodes 1-5) will have a special introductory price of just $14.99 USD or equivalent until January 7th.

+ happydude633 on December 21st, 2013 at 2:32 pm said:

Thank you for the update.

+ kratos1984 on December 21st, 2013 at 2:48 pm said:

Cool! I knew Telltale was gonna make it up to us, $14.99 is a cool christmas gift, thank you & Happy Holidays!

+ NormanJayden115 on December 21st, 2013 at 2:49 pm said:

When is the estimated release date for the Season Pass?
I got a PSN card recently, and I’m dying to spend it on the Season Pass!

+ NormanJayden115 on December 21st, 2013 at 2:51 pm said:

Oh, I should have read the previous comments. Forgive me! I’m so slow sometimes!

+ RTShinigami on December 21st, 2013 at 3:02 pm said:

So all 5 episodes for only $15? It really must be Christmas ;~;

+ I-Fling-Poo-At-U on December 21st, 2013 at 4:33 pm said:

So everyone go download episode 1 then u can get the season pass on the 24th for 14.99

+ freshnsoclean12 on December 21st, 2013 at 10:42 pm said:

@flinpoo so that is confirmed? I’m one of MANY that are waiting for the season pass, if not I was just going to get it on XBOX. We buy episode 1 then able to get the pass after?

+ onefiftyone on December 21st, 2013 at 11:54 pm said:

@freshnsoclean12 No, if you buy the first episode and then get the season pass you are spending $20. If you wait until Tuesday and just purchase the season pass, you will get ALL of the episodes for $15.

+ StrongestSaiyan on December 22nd, 2013 at 12:25 am said:

cool worth waiting. I’ll consider this as making up for TWAU’s season pass

+ kmetek on December 22nd, 2013 at 7:43 am said:

Excellent news, Laura!!!! 14,99$ is great pass.

+ ikelove on December 22nd, 2013 at 4:47 pm said:

Thanks for the update Laura and thanks Telltale for the discount!

+ IshbarQ on December 24th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

I just checked for it, it still isn’t up. I’ll give it some time still. Is there a better place to look for it? Whenever I do, I just go to search and type “‘Walking Dead.” and nothing but all of the 1st season content, and the 2nd season episode are showing. I just want to make sure I’m doing it right.

+ Snarf612 on December 24th, 2013 at 2:33 pm said:

Trying to dl season pass but keep getting error message what’s up?

+ DeathJohnson on December 24th, 2013 at 4:47 pm said:

Waited an extra week for it, now that it’s here. There’s nothing but constant error messages any time you try to buy it. If it isn’t one thing it’s another…

+ DeathJohnson on December 24th, 2013 at 5:02 pm said:

While these errors were going on, I also happened to get charged for the season pass. Of course I didn’t actually get the ability to download it afterwards, so, I guess that’s just an early Christmas present. Being charged for something I didn’t even get.

I guess I’ll have to get into contact with Sony about it. Maybe I can get refunded in time for next Christmas.

+ DeathJohnson on December 24th, 2013 at 5:16 pm said:

Got into contact with the support, and it turns out that even though the store is buggy and didn’t register that I bought the item, it still showed up in the download list, under “account management” and “transaction management” and I could download it from there.

So if anyone else manages to get through the errors to the point that it charges you for the season pass, check your download list to see if it’s there before panicking. Heh.

+ kmetek on December 25th, 2013 at 4:13 am said:

LAURA & TELLTALE?

WHY XBOX 6,99$ ?

+ brennorix1 on December 26th, 2013 at 5:55 am said:

I’m loving your videogame, season 1. But I’ll be pleased if a the walking dead season 2′s ps3 EU season pass will be realized in 3 days.
However, you’re doing a wonderful job :)! I wish that WTD season two’ll be as great as the first episode :)

+ RulitoCR on December 27th, 2013 at 4:15 pm said:

Thanks for the fast update!! I waited for the season pass and it was a great call! Now I am getting the whole thing for just $14.99!!!

Thanks Telltale you really know how to makes us happy!!

+ kmetek on December 29th, 2013 at 11:36 am said:

Just bought it today !!!!!!

+ NoSurrender15 on January 7th, 2014 at 10:12 am said:

Hey everybody,
was wondering if anyone could help me out, i just bought TWD (the walking dead) season 2 season pass from the playstation store, however it is not letting me download it, everything else is downloading fine, just not that.
Do i have to wait until all episodes have been released? cos if that’s the case it really sucks!
Thanks

+ XxkoovinxX on January 8th, 2014 at 9:38 pm said:

When will the psvita version come out?

+ sawyerbi001 on January 14th, 2014 at 12:13 pm said:

Ummm, so do u know when it will be available in ps vita.
, and if i already buy walking dead 1, is any discount 4 me?

PAGE 1 3 4 5