Days Gone

Dec 17

Dec 17

Zen Pinball 2 Hits North American PS4s on 12/24, Doctor Strange Out Today

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, Zen Studios

Zen Pinball 2 on PS4

Hey everyone, Zen Studios here with a quick update: the release of Zen Pinball 2 on PS4 here in North America has been pushed ever-so-slightly, now releasing next Tuesday.

When you’re working on a new platform with a complicated game, there might be a few hiccups along the way. Everyone at Sony working behind the scenes to make our game releases possible have been incredible and very accommodating. We’re so lucky to have an incredible team (who probably rarely get thanked) making it possible for us to get our games in your hands!

If you need your Zen Pinball fix now, Doctor Strange is still releasing today on PS3 and Vita for $2.99 (and yes, it will be on PS4 next week).

Zen Pinball 2 on PS4

In advance of our PS4 release next week, we want to give you some detailed information about how the import process works. Please bookmark this post in case you need this information next week.

There are a few details that we really need you all to pay close attention to so you have a smooth transition from PS3 to PS4. As you may have read in the announcement post, if you bought the tables coming to PS4 in Zen Pinball 2 on PS3 or PS Vita, you can import those to Zen Pinball 2 on PS4 at no charge. Here are more details on how that works:

• The tables can only import from Zen Pinball 2 > Zen Pinball 2. You cannot import from Marvel Pinball or Star Wars Pinball on PS3 > Zen Pinball 2 on PS4. You CAN import from Marvel or Star Wars Pinball on PS3 > Zen Pinball 2 on PS3 and then > PS4.
  • There is no going backwards from PS4 > PS3. If you want to play the tables on PS3 in the future, we suggest you buy them on PS3 first and then import to PS4.
  • For those of you who downloaded any of the applicable tables via PS+, you can import to PS4 just the same. However, if your PS+ account expires, you will lose access to the content.

The actual import process is pretty easy, but here is a step by step walkthrough that you can reference if you encounter any issues:

1. Press the square button (Import Tables) on the collection screen to start the import process
  2. Please wait while the game is searching for tables available for import
  3. If there are tables available to import, the store will offer the next batch of content it has found. Press the x button (Enter) on each offered content’s download icon to add them to downloads, then press the circle button (Back) to return to the collection screen, and if there are still tables to import, the store will offer them in the next batch. Repeat this process until all content is added to the download queue.
  4. Alternatively, if you want to import just a specific table, you can go to the table’s menu, wait a few seconds while the game checks for availability and press the “Download and play!” button when it appears. As the store comes up, press the x button (Enter) on each offered content’s download icon to add them to downloads, and press the circle button (Back) to return to the game.
  5. Wait until all downloads finish (you can check their progress in the PS4 user interface under Notifications/Downloads), and there you go! You can play your imported tables straight away!

If you find the process is not working for you, we have posted a comprehensive FAQ in our forums and are standing by to answer your questions.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

andyscout said:

December 17th, 8:44 am

So, to be clear, the Star Wars pinball tables that I got from PS+ a couple months ago, if I want them on the PS4 version of Zen Pinball 2, I’ve gotta import them into ZP2 on PS3 and then I can import them to ZP2 on the PS4? I hadn’t gotten around to downloading any of them yet, but was interested in trying them out once ZP came out on PS4.

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

December 17th, 8:58 am

Yes! That is exactly right. If you have any trouble or questions about imports, check out the forum link above or catch us on Twitter @zen_studios :)

Mando44646 said:

December 17th, 8:52 am

sounds good! I thought Zen Pinball released today, but I suppose I can wait one more week :D

Goldanas said:

December 17th, 8:59 am

I thought something was up when it didn’t pop up in the drop. Glad to see that it’s not that far off. It’ll be a good little Christmas surprise.

In regards to all future content (new tables), will it all be PS3/PSVITA/PS4 cross-buy, or will it be tied to this one-way import process?

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

December 17th, 9:24 am

Yes, any new content will need to be imported as described above :) Just remember that if you want the content on both PS3 and PS4, you need to purchase it on PS3 first :)

Rez33 said:

December 17th, 9:10 am

Thanks for the very helpful FAQ, Bobby! This is a very exciting release, and just in time for Christmas! I’m really looking forward to playing this next week. I have all the tables in Zen Pinball 2 for PS3 ready for import. Thanks again!

Rez33 said:

December 17th, 9:14 am

Oh, and Dr. Strange on PS3 and Vita today. Awesome!

Thanks for including stereoscopic 3D in PS4. Zen Pinball is incredible in 3D and is the reason I have a 3D TV. It is beyond worth it just for Zen Pinball.

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

December 17th, 9:25 am

Thanks so much for your support! :D

Elranzer said:

December 17th, 9:19 am

I get that this requires two systems (a PS3 and PS4) to pull off. And the steps sound like this…

1. Turn on PS3.

2. Make sure Zen Pinball 2, Marvel Pinball and Star Wars Pinball are all downloaded and installed.

3. Run Zen Pinball 2 (PS3) and import tables. Then exit Zen Pinball 2 (PS3).

4. Turn on PS4.

5. Download and install Zen Pinball 2 (PS4).

6. Run Zen Pinball 2 (PS4) and the Import function.

This is all assuming that during Step 3, the import process attaches the tables to your account. Because I don’t see any other way that the PS4 version of Zen Pinball 2 can read data from the PS3 version of Zen Pinball 2.

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

December 17th, 9:27 am

Right – anything you want to import to PS4, you’ll need to have in your table library in Zen Pinball 2 on PS3. The import tool can only pull from your library in Zen Pinball 2 on PS3 :)

Stranger_Eddie said:

December 17th, 9:26 am

Bobby Loertscher

Is today the Sorcerer’s Lair Machine ´ll be free?

Thank you for the magnificent support!

JROD0823 said:

December 17th, 9:26 am

Hooray!

Zen Pinball is the best!

LeeorV said:

December 17th, 9:41 am

Will it support 3D like the PS3 version?

Valde_zerocool said:

December 17th, 9:56 am

One line in the original article says if I purchase a table on ZP2 on my Vita that counts as a cross but for PS3 and PS4, however most of your replys don’t mention the Vita as being the conduit for cross buy-ability. I know a lot of people chucked their PS3 when the 4 came out, I didn’t however purchases on the Vita are a lot easier, can you please clarify for me?

Thanks :)

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

December 17th, 10:01 am

Yes – Imports can go from either Zen Piball 2 on Vita or PS3 to PS4.

PiMDx said:

December 17th, 10:02 am

Cross Buy seems broke. Hope Sony fixes this and also let’s me buy PS3 and Vita content from the PS4 store… Cross buy options should be available no matter where I buy it.

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

December 17th, 10:10 am

Is there something I can help with? Our import system is a bit complicated. Remember, you can only import our content one way, so make sure to read the instructions in the blog post carefully.

Rafie27 said:

December 17th, 10:11 am

OH NOOOOOOOOOO! PLEASE NO!!!! OH GOSH NO!!! No ZP2 today for the PS4. ;-P It’s all Barbie. Most of us understand. It’s only a week anyway. At least I get to play Dr. Strange today! WOOOOOOOOO!! Thanks for the news, Barbie. Catch ya on the forums!

theonlygice said:

December 17th, 10:16 am

I own every single table in Zen Pinball 2 on Xbox Live. Looking forward to playing on PS4 in 3D!? — heck yeah.

theonlygice said:

December 17th, 10:17 am

Uhm, I meant Pinball FX 2, obviously.

PanTheMan16 said:

December 17th, 10:28 am

Okay, I have to be “that guy” for a moment and say Bobby, you are super cute.

And with that out of the way, I want to say that I am super excited to pick up ZP2 when it releases. I loved the original on PS3, but after playing sims like Williams and Pinball Arcade, I must admit I lost interest in Zen. However, the Star Wars pack for ZP2 totally won me over again. With those additions, that was the first time I ever took the time to really study and explore and become awesome at tables. They helped me to understand pinball so much better because of how addicted I was to them. I didn’t buy the second Star Wars pack because I wasn’t sure at the time if it would be cross-buy, and then I just wanted to wait for it on PS4. So now I know what I’ll be buying next Tuesday! :)

syrene said:

December 17th, 10:39 am

Arrggg, I actually had put this on my calender. I had been sick last week so my days were kind of off, so I was really confused when nothing updated yesterday and I wanted my PS4 pinball fix.

I absolutely love this pinball game (in all its various names), that think I’ve got it on all my systems (PSs, Kindle, laptop) and I don’t mind that I’ve had to pay for each different system.

I don’t post very often (as if my lack of an avatar indicates), but I really wanted to let you know that I think you guys did a great job with this game and that while I want my PS4 pinball fix, I do understand the delay and I’ll update my calender, wait for next Tuesday and look for Dr. Strange.

PS – You better have it done next Tuesday!!!!!!!

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

December 17th, 11:07 am

Thank you so much! I hope you feel better soon :D

saab01 said:

December 17th, 10:59 am

Disappointing news to hear that Zen Pinball 2 on PS4 has been delayed a week but at least we can all stay busy with Dr Strange it looks like an interesting table and like usually I cant wait to give it a try tonight.

On another note any news on getting tables that are not Marvel or Star Wars?

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

December 17th, 11:07 am

Yes – we’ve got lots in store, though I can’t give any details just yet. 2014 is going to be AMAZING! :D

tusunami said:

December 17th, 11:37 am

And this is why ZenPinball is much better because it is cross-buy where as Pinball Arcade is not. I hope there are sales on the tables next week though that would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INFIDEL_JIHAD said:

December 17th, 11:41 am

LoL i thought bobby was a dude until now … Explains why she goes as barbie on their forums… Was looking forward to zen coming to the PS4 today but this is gaming delays are inevitable

EvoAnubis said:

December 17th, 11:58 am

Doh! Didn’t know I had to sort things out on the PS3 first; getting that done now. Should be fun playing this on the PS4 because after spending some time with the Dual Shock 4, its REALLY hard to go back to the DS3.

JoseOmatic said:

December 17th, 12:01 pm

Awesome!! Can’t wait to have more games waiting for me on my PS4! :D Have you guys ever considered doing Doctor Who themed tables?

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

December 17th, 1:12 pm

He’s super popular these days! Would love to!

AizawaYuuichi said:

December 17th, 12:02 pm

@ Barbie’s reply to #10/Valde: Awesome, I was gonna ask that same question. I prefer to purchase the new tables for Vita, to help the Vita content make it’s way up the top 10 lists, as I know the PS3 doesn’t need as much help with its larger user base. Good to know.
However, I am gonna repeat my other unanswered question from the last post.
Do you have any plans to release separate apps on PS4? Such as the Marvel/Star Wars Pinball apps, or for any other future franchises you launch? Or will you just be sticking with ZP2 going forward? While the extra trophies are kinda awesome, it also takes up a ton of room having the tables multiple times across different launchers, haha. Thanks in advance for your reply. :)

INFIDEL_JIHAD said:

December 17th, 12:03 pm

Ok i redownloaded zen pinball 2 on my PS3 … Tried to import tables it said none found i had to click on the icon in the game menu that let me download it from the store … Is that good enough? Will i now just be able to import it when i have the main game on PS4 ?

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

December 17th, 1:14 pm

Yep! You should be good to go :D

AizawaYuuichi said:

December 17th, 12:04 pm

Oh yeah, definitely excited for the Dr. Strange table. Will totally grab that tonight for my Vita and PS3! Looking forward to the PS4 launch next week. Merry Christmas to us from Zen Studios!

PrimeroIncognito said:

December 17th, 12:09 pm

I’m here for my appointment with Dr. Strange.

INFIDEL_JIHAD said:

December 17th, 12:21 pm

I had issues with zen b4 buying a table pak … Kinda why I didn’t buy more … Hopefully i don’t have this problem transferring from PS3 to PS4 or it doesn’t make sense for me to buy tables and I really want to

Stranger_Eddie said:

December 17th, 12:39 pm

+ Posted by Bobby Loertscher // Community Manager, Zen Studios

on December 4th, 2013 at 6:05 am said:

v
v
v

“For those of you that have never played Zen Pinball, the Sorcerer’s Lair table is absolutely free for all players, giving you the opportunity to try the game risk free.”

h t t p :// blog.us.playstation.com/2013/12/04/zen-pinball-2-coming-to-ps4-on-december-17th/

……

“the Sorcerer’s Lair table is absolutely free”

… It costs $ 2.49

So… When this table is going to be absolutely free?????????????????

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

December 17th, 1:16 pm

Not sure when on PS3/Vita, but it will be day one on PS4.

BIGWORLD41 said:

December 17th, 12:47 pm

That is awesome Bobby! Cross Buy is the way to go. If anyone is on the fence, if you love or just like pinball give these great original tables a try!

Big out.

Niko408 said:

December 17th, 1:33 pm

Btw, I do really love Pinball Arcade. I just wish things were done a little bit different.

MossKeeto900 said:

December 17th, 1:40 pm

So I bought the Dr. Strange table, thinking it would be added to my Marvel Pinball collection, but I downloaded and installed it, and it’s not showing up.

Do I have to download the Zen Pinball 2 game to play Dr. Strange?

If so, I do not like this. I would like to have all my Marvel tables in the Marvel collection.

INFIDEL_JIHAD said:

December 17th, 1:56 pm

Ok thx for the reply look forward to buying some tables

XFRod said:

December 17th, 2:11 pm

@Bobby – Not sure if anyone has ever mentioned this before but, you know what would make for an awesome Marvel table?

HOWARD THE DUCK.

Unless, you’ve already got Dr. Stephen Vincent Strange trying to help Howard get back to Duckworld as a side mission on the new Dr. Strange table. If that’s the case, that’s great but, Howard should still get his own table.

SPOILER: If Jar-Jar gets a table before Howard, we riot.

plaztiksyke said:

December 17th, 2:17 pm

I’d still really like to see Tesla come to PS4, with its original particle effects intact. The magnetic effects and sparks in the original Zen Pinball gave us all a “whoaaaa” moment. Zen Pinball 2 eliminated the sparks, for some reason, but Tesla lost some of the magic despite the 3D support.

Please bring the Tesla table to PS4 with the spark effects intact and 3D. It really is one of the best tables you guys ever designed.

re: 2014, please work with Sony on a Ghostbusters table! :)

Eloozhunz said:

December 17th, 2:29 pm

Hey Bobby…love Zen Pinball. Any chance of a Bioshock table?

iluspook said:

December 17th, 2:45 pm

I absolutely cannot wait for the new tables to come, starting with Doctor Strange! I know there are some people that just don’t understand pinball and do not understand why people would “waste money” on these tables, and that’s just sad to me. These table represent some of the most fun I’ve had in the past few years, and I know I’m not alone! We’ve put countless hours into these amazing tables, and the fact that we only pay a few bucks for each table means this is some of the best value our gaming money can buy!

Anyway, keep up the good work! While many are awaiting the “AAA” blockbuster games, there are those of us that look forward to new Zen pinball tables with as much giddiness and passion. The tables have been that good, and I’m SO excited to see what comes next! :)

Shadow23-x said:

December 17th, 3:10 pm

Are there plans to improve the table import/transfer in the future? I grabbed the Star Wars tables with PS+ in anticipation of the PS4 release, but I don’t own or have access to a PS3. Sounds like I’m out of luck.

robertmc8 said:

December 17th, 4:01 pm

Bobby Loertscher Any word when Plants VS Zombies pinball coming to android tablets? I own Samsung galaxy tab 2 8gig version love it so far. And I always buy both on ps3 and google play to support you guys ;)

Beasthunt said:

December 17th, 4:13 pm

Bah. This is horrible news. Was supposed to be today. Got me all ready for orange juice and gave me a glass of water instead.

One87donkyJunk said:

December 17th, 4:31 pm

Last night I imported my Star Wars tables to Zen 2. However, no high scores or records showed up.

One87donkyJunk said:

December 17th, 4:37 pm

… and I’d rather see a Dr. Strangelove table.

JeRzYzFyNeSt said:

December 17th, 8:58 pm

whats the difference between this and the Pinball game that came out today?

BIGWORLD41 said:

December 17th, 9:39 pm

@JeRzYzFyNeSt. Pinball Arcade is a pinball game that contains accurate and simulated versions of real pinball tables that were in arcades. Zen Pinball 2 / Marvel / Star Wars Pinball are games that contain original tables some of which are based on existing content properties.

Both are great games in their own respect, but provide a different experience. Really it just depends on what kind of table you want to actually play. There should be demos for both on the PS Store, I would suggest to check both out in demo form and see what you like!

Big out.

KySky1965 said:

December 18th, 4:55 am

Been looking forward to these tables. I really hope the response time on the flappers are better then had been on Arcade Pinball game I tried last night.

DaGimp13 said:

December 18th, 7:47 am

@ Bobby

is there any reason why PS4 ZP2 is limited to those 20 tables compared to PS3/Vita versions accepting all tables? This is next-gen after all…

I know that some where picked over others, but I’m more wondering if there was a reason only 20 could be picked… seems odd how essentially over half the DLC tables have been cut form the PS4 version when there’s literally 16X as much RAM as before… and even some of the more recent tables like Balance of The Force aren’t compatible, so it’s essentially like you wasted $10 if you bought it last gen…

Was it hardware, was it financial, was it coding based? what was it, because honestly, I don’t want to spend another dime on ZP2 if my ALL tables won’t transfer from PS3/Vita…I’ve spent too much money on this game to just not care they aren’t there.

Livingstoni813 said:

December 18th, 12:13 pm

Hi Bobby, was curious if you could help with something. I’m not seeing the
Dr Strange table available on the store for PS3, but I am seeing it for vita.
Am I missing something, or was it just not updated properly? Also, on my vita,
The balance of the force trophies and the Dr Strange trophies are not syncing
With the server. Looked into this, and there have been reports of this going
All the way back to Octobrr. Is there any plan to get this rectified any time soon?

Livingstoni813 said:

December 18th, 12:34 pm

Ok, just a little update. I can now see and purchase the Dr Strange table for PS3 on the store. However we still have the issue of non-syncing trophies for balance of the force and dr strange on vita. Hope to see this issue fixed soon. Been a supporter of Zen pinball since day one, own every game. Looking forward to being able to earn the trophies on vita as well as my ps3. Thanks so much. -Stoni

ruiicostaa said:

December 18th, 5:27 pm

Good night, have not got any table because in 3d mode the reaction of bats (flipers) is so slow… thats normal?

Knives_OuT said:

December 19th, 2:59 am

Hi!
Just purchased a few tables and even though they look great and have lots of potential I find the response time for the flapplers are slightly delayed, which prevent me from achieving high scores. Do you guys at ZEN have any plans to address this issue? If so, I hope it’s soon, otherwise I might have to demand for a refund as this makes this game slightly unplayable. Thanks.

saab01 said:

December 19th, 9:15 am

How come I dont see any achievement for this game I got this on my 360 yesterday and noticed no new achievement appeared in the game. I looked at every possible achievement and did not see any Dr Strange any news on this issue???

ruiicostaa said:

December 19th, 5:32 pm

knives_out , i have same problem, try to play on 2d mode and see the diference.. that’s stupid but real

PAGE 1 2