No Man's Sky

Gran Turismo 6 Updated Today, Red Bull Challenge Unleashed

Ken Chan's Avatar + Posted by Ken Chan on Dec 18, 2013 // Product Manager, SCEA

Gran Turismo 6 Red Bull Challenge

Gran Turismo 6 will be updated today with two new Red Bull cars and the Red Bull X Challenge. The challenge is part of a collaboration with Infiniti Red Bull Racing that includes 2013 Formula 1 World Champion Sebastian Vettel mentoring players in the art of driving an authentic formula car.

Owners of GT6 will have the opportunity to select the first two of four new Red Bull cars. The Red Bull Racing Kart and Red Bull X2014 Junior will arrive in dealerships in-game via the update, while the Red Bull X2014 Standard and Fan cars can be expected to join them at a later stage. All of the new Red Bull X2014 cars have been designed for GT6 in conjunction with Infiniti Red Bull Racing’s legendary Chief Technical Officer Adrian Newey.

The collaboration between Polyphony Digital and Red Bull is another project which celebrates the franchise’s 15th anniversary, and the free update has been provided as a special end-of-year gift for Gran Turismo fans.

“We are very grateful to Adrian Newey, Sebastian Vettel, and Infiniti Red Bull Racing for providing this special gift for Gran Turismo fans. To be taught how to drive downforce cars by the best racing driver in the world is very special, and the new Red Bull X2014 cars are another exciting addition to Gran Turismo 6. This is the latest update for the game, and there are more to come,” President of Polyphony Digital Kazunori Yamauchi said.

Red Bull Racing’s Sebastian Vettel added, “I’ve been playing Gran Turismo since I was 12, so to appear in the game myself as a mentor is great. I hope everyone enjoys the game.”

Gran Turismo 6 Red Bull ChallengeGran Turismo 6 Red Bull Challenge

Gran Turismo 6 Red Bull Challenge

Click here to see the full gallery

A second phase of the Red Bull X Challenge, along with the other two Red Bull cars, will be made available in a future update for GT6.

Here’s a list of what’s included in this latest 1.02 update:

• Consecutive Login Bonus: when you log online for consecutive days, a bonus to all credits awarded will accrue up to a potential 200% bonus on the fifth day. Be sure to login everyday to earn more credits!
  • Earned Credits in Career Mode Increased: enough said.
  • Entry Requirements for Seasonal Events Lowered: players will only need a National B licence in order to participate in Seasonal Events and, for a limited time, there will be unique special events that will reward cars as prizes, so don’t miss this opportunity and remember to log online!
  • Bonus Events within Seasonal Events: two new Seasonal Events will run from December 20th, 2013 to January 17th, 2014 and January 2nd to January 30th, 2014. These unique events marking the seasonal holidays and the new year will feature special bonus credits.

There’s a lot more coming to Gran Turismo 6, so keep your eyes on gran-turismo.com and here on PlayStation.Blog for more news.

+ GeoDarky on December 18th, 2013 at 4:19 am said:

Holy **** they weren’t kidding when they said the career credits has been increased! i just tried it and the payout almost doubled in every race and thats not counting the log-in bonuses which mean it will quadruple

+ GeoDarky on December 18th, 2013 at 4:20 am said:

OMG they weren’t kidding when they said the career credits has been increased! i just tried it and the payout almost doubled in every race and thats not counting the log-in bonuses which mean it will quadruple

+ Anddo on December 18th, 2013 at 4:50 am said:

Nice update. More money is always good. I’m happy to see the login bonus return.

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on December 18th, 2013 at 4:28 pm said:

There’s plenty more planned! Enjoy

+ stefer09 on December 18th, 2013 at 5:11 am said:

OMG can’t wait to get home and try this… credits were very el cheapo in the career, i pretty much gave up on GT6 after my first licence…

+ Stringy07 on December 18th, 2013 at 5:36 am said:

This is great news! More money earned in game to buy cars from the huge garage and I personally think the karting events are some of the most fun!

+ kingfoot on December 18th, 2013 at 5:55 am said:

Really glad to see this drop so quickly.

I love the support and I’m more than happy to support this title. There was a lot of flack for the “pay to win” dlc which started off nowhere near as bad as Forza 5, and with the credit increase, this game is already way more stable and accessible for enthusiasts and casuals alike. Being somewhere in between that, I can say this game’s physics blow every other GT and Forza game out of the water. And to see such a quick response from the developers over the initial controversies, really just proves how great of a purchase this was.

GT6 is a return to form and I just want to thank you everyone involved for that.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on December 18th, 2013 at 6:41 am said:

Sounds very tempting ..but ima just wait till the GT for PS4..im just not interested in new retro games on the PS3..all this support for this game is very impresive though..keep up the ood work and bring to the PS4 already!! :p

+ Roykee090 on December 18th, 2013 at 7:55 am said:

GT was developed for Ps3…Ps4 version will most likely just be a port. Not really any point in waiting unless you only have a ps4.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on December 18th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

@7..you mean GT6..not just GT..lol If they decide to put GT6 on PS4..i will PROBABLY buy into it..only because im sure the graphics will be better..yet again..maybe its really made for the PS4..but they dumbed it down so people who cant afford the PS4 yet..can play it on the PS3 first..then depending on the sales..they will bring it to the PS4 ..but wouldnt that be an AWSEOME BUSINESS IDEA TO MAKE MORE MONEY.. >:/

+ Sgt_0951 on December 18th, 2013 at 8:59 am said:

Wow. I was very impressed with the extra support, DLC, & updates that GT5 got and now GT6 is proving to be no exception. These news are just plain awesome. Should be extremely exciting once I put in my daily GT hours tomorrow & the rest of the week.

If only B-Spec was still here (easier way to “grind” for credits). Oh well. Guess I’ll leave that to the Like The Wind races while trying to hit 300+ MPH in me turbocharged Benz. :)

+ TomHoang on December 18th, 2013 at 9:34 am said:

I love the support for this game!

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on December 18th, 2013 at 4:29 pm said:

This is only the beginning. Plenty more planned

+ Seiryuki2002 on December 18th, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

This is a wonderful update, especially the increase in credits and login bonuses. I look forward to more cool updates.
(I really miss Tahiti Maze. Hope it comes back…and with mud!)

I wish I had those Red Bull model cars in the picture.

+ bucktoothewok on December 18th, 2013 at 10:35 am said:

im in love with this game =) this update sounds really rad. i just wish i could gold the impossible kart races =(

+ tusunami on December 18th, 2013 at 11:21 am said:

It’s good to see there’s constantly new things happening in the GT6 community!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ headronefish on December 18th, 2013 at 1:53 pm said:

I’m very happy to see increased payouts / login bonus again, but this really shouldn’t have been an issue to start with. I hope these macro transactions will not interfere with the game anymore.

Thanks for the update.

+ Steve_Justice on December 18th, 2013 at 3:17 pm said:

I made a tumblr with all my GT6 screenshots: http://gt6topspeed.tumblr.com/

+ TooLVolta on December 18th, 2013 at 3:32 pm said:

Woot! GT6 is the best!

+ replicantdan on December 18th, 2013 at 3:53 pm said:

Awesome game, GUYS add me on psn, play together, more funn

+ HeathenEarth on December 18th, 2013 at 4:01 pm said:

My excitement sort of petered out during GT5, but as a fan since the original game came out back when I was in High School, I have to say this one is really hitting all the marks. Feels VERY good to play.

+ LUCIFERSGLEAM on December 18th, 2013 at 4:12 pm said:

Has the custom soundtrack feature been fixed???

+ camdenboy100 on December 18th, 2013 at 5:29 pm said:

GREAT UPDATE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK..GT6 IS A GREAT GAME…BUT SEE IF YALL CAN WORK ON THE SERVER OR SOMETHING BECAUSE SOMETIMES PEOPLE CANT SEE EACH OTHER ONLINE THANKS

+ NiEwiN on December 18th, 2013 at 9:14 pm said:

Will players who participated in GT Academy 2013 be getting a gift?

+ Sponge-worthy on December 18th, 2013 at 9:42 pm said:

I just picked up the game today, so I’m still waiting for update(s) to download before I can really get to playing it…

But this is good news. There is absolutely no reason for the game to be stingy with the in-game credits. Opening up the vehicle roster a bit more will only generate more player excitement for the various challenges the game offers–both offline and online.

For as much as the game has to offer where cars and customizations go, you can certainly use in-game credit as an incentive to play without being a Scrooge about it and turning such a gorgeous game into a discouraging grind.

Having said all that, I really like what I’m seeing so far :)

+ Cthulhu-Fhtagn on December 19th, 2013 at 5:24 am said:

The credit increases are welcome news, I was getting tired of watching my balance shrink from my starting million as I went further through the career. Can’t wait to get the cashflow going in the right direction and get some of the more stratospherically priced vehicles.

Now if only they would make the 2003 Nissan Skyline 350GT Coupe (V35), 2004 Holden Monaro CV8 and 1998 Subaru Impreza Premium Sport Coupe 22B premium models instead of standard, and add a few more Holden’s (Efijy anyone?) and HSV’s (especially the Maloo R8) and my GT life would be complete.

Also, I noticed people talking about this game being ported to PS4. Polyphony have already stated that is not going to happen in favour of releasing a brand-spanking-new GT7 sometime instead.

+ silkkshoka23 on December 19th, 2013 at 5:50 pm said:

Hello Sony your update has royally fd up my ps3. Keep in having to restore master file. Gt6 took about an hour to start! Get right!

+ silkkshoka23 on December 19th, 2013 at 6:26 pm said:

Please re do the handling on the game. Most mid engine cars have so much oversteer its almost un fun. De tune the over steer and car stability. In turns mid corner corrections in real life dont cause me to spin out wildly! You all tried to make it realistic but youve gone too far. It goes overboard cars flipping from hitting a curb? Please take care.

+ silkkshoka23 on December 19th, 2013 at 6:52 pm said:

Over exaggerated steering here even when suspension is tuned. Also most of the time the stock set up w minor mods is the only way to have a drivable car. Handeling needs to be de tuned for all cars

+ OrangeMonkey on December 20th, 2013 at 12:27 pm said:

Thank you guys for listening to fans!!!. By the way when is the CLA45 or A45 mercedes update coming? I saw the billboard advertisement every time i over cook the first corner of willwood LOL

+ WHEELSo555o on December 23rd, 2013 at 3:29 am said:

Had 4 sign ins in a row when on the 5th day it dropped back to 2. Today it dropped back to one…Something is Wrong!

+ ITisWHATitIS78 on December 26th, 2013 at 11:28 pm said:

I a 35 and have been a loyal SonyPlaystation fan and avid player from day one.Gran Turismo has no dought set the stage for any and all racing games ever created.I was a big time player in GT5 online racing under another name.I figure start GT6 fresh with new name but with the same passion.Send me a friend request anyone looking for a clean and loyal friend to start this wonderfull new racing adventure.Looking forward to the many many days of GT racing.Thanks Sony for your support and another outstanding game.D from NC

+ acwlowtone on December 28th, 2013 at 2:22 pm said:

Can I download the patch off of my computer? My PS3 won’t ownload it by itself.

+ ENU-DOG on January 1st, 2014 at 8:53 am said:

My challenge didn’t open up. I already did the gokart and junior race but I still don’t have the challenge unlocked. It said coming soon.

+ LUCIFERSGLEAM on January 1st, 2014 at 4:08 pm said:

I’d be careful about buying Sony games on the future. If their next installment flops in sales, they will do something totally uncool like kill of its online servers as a ploy to sell more copies of the latest game. Don’t give me terms and conditions yada yada but closing GT5′s servers because GT6 is poorly performing is a poor move. Sony, just as deceitful and dishonest as Microsoft.

+ da_dietn on January 2nd, 2014 at 5:34 am said:

So is it not 1 jan 2014 in japan or what ? X1 cup still not open it says open 1jan 2014 wel ist allmost 3jan damn

+ blueinferno17 on January 3rd, 2014 at 12:09 am said:

Yea, what gives, Jan 3rd and still no update???… at least say why.

+ blueinferno17 on January 3rd, 2014 at 12:11 am said:

Oh and its 3:10am where I am, not 12:09am.

+ gmantis on January 3rd, 2014 at 3:57 pm said:

Yep, my 5 year old son is so hanging out for it, what gives. Is there a delay for the standard championship, because I don’t see it despite unlocking the other 2?

+ TheKILLERCat15 on January 6th, 2014 at 3:33 am said:

Thanks for Nothing!
Great Customer Service!

+ GsVIP on January 8th, 2014 at 11:57 am said:

Dose any one else have a problem with the redbull x challange that was suppose to be released on jan 1st 2014.My is still under lock and don’t any ideas why.

+ TheKILLERCat15 on January 9th, 2014 at 3:20 am said:

Same as me

+ B-o-x-y on January 9th, 2014 at 10:55 am said:

Same here… :/

wtf?!? In which timezone do you live Sony??