PS4-Infamous

Save the Snowmen in Final Fantasy XIV’s Holiday Celebration Out Today

Matt Hilton's Avatar + Posted by Matt Hilton on Dec 18, 2013 // Senior Online Community Manager, Square Enix

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Holiday

With the recent release of A Realm Awoken, the first major content patch for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, we’re pleased to introduce a fun seasonal event for players to enjoy. The annual Starlight Celebration has returned, and the citizens of the three city-states have done their best to decorate the towns for the occasion. Unfortunately, the snowmen they ordered from the frozen north were kidnapped (Snownapped?) en route!

Adventurers around the realm must get to the bottom of this chilly mystery and find out why the snowmen have disappeared. Could it be the mischievous imps behind the attacks? Save the snowmen, save the world.

Those adventurers willing to brave the elements will be rewarded handsomely with new seasonal outfits designed around a snowman, reindeer, and even a set of “red and white” gear that matches a certain someone’s outfit… There’s even cute reindeer barding to equip your personal chocobo with. The Starlight Celebration will be available until December 31st, 2013, so be sure to join in.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn HolidayFinal Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Holiday

After you complete the event, be sure to check out a ton of new content that made its debut in patch 2.1 — like four vs. four PvP, a huge new 24-person raid (the Crystal Tower from FF III), new dungeons, extreme versions of the primal battles, daily beast tribe quests, and much, much more. Check out the official patch 2.1 website and dive into the world of A Realm Reborn.

Happy Holidays on behalf of the Final Fantasy XIV team!

21 Comments

+ Gorvi on December 18th, 2013 at 11:53 am said:

Man, this really brings be back to those Christmas celebrations in Final Fantasy XI, I still get that Jeuno holiday music stuck in my head around this time of year. Maybe I’ll be around for next year’s celebration in XIV once the kids are a little older.

+ TooLoud on December 18th, 2013 at 12:08 pm said:

when will we see game cards for ps3? so I can play

+ RoII_chan on December 18th, 2013 at 12:24 pm said:

Im gonna get all this right now!

+ Errantia on December 18th, 2013 at 12:26 pm said:

@1 gee thanks, now that music is stuck in my head again!!

+ Gorvi on December 18th, 2013 at 12:34 pm said:

@Errantia – Hey, gotta spread the love! :)

+ Apex_Soldier25 on December 18th, 2013 at 12:41 pm said:

Too bad I have to miss out on it. Should of kept my PS3 when I got my PS4.

+ guitarded77 on December 18th, 2013 at 1:21 pm said:

Got the game from Amazon on Black Friday… just started playing it over the weekend. Already clocked in 20 something hours. Really fun… ready for the PS4 beta.

+ BIGWORLD41 on December 18th, 2013 at 1:27 pm said:

Looks cool! I have heard great things about this game. I look forward to trying it out when it drops on PS4!

+ reson8er on December 18th, 2013 at 1:40 pm said:

Have taken a bit of a break prior to patch 2.1. Will be getting back into XIV soon. Looking forward to the event and all the new content.

+ Matrix_Lion on December 18th, 2013 at 2:19 pm said:

‘Tis the Season. Very cool of you Square Enix.

+ Monterossa on December 18th, 2013 at 2:48 pm said:

LOL that pantie shot.

+ StackedPancakes on December 18th, 2013 at 2:49 pm said:

i cannot start this game because it keeps asking for a psn code. how do i get it?!

+ KnifingGrimace on December 18th, 2013 at 3:50 pm said:

Please bring back Existential Crisis Snowman in future quests. Thank you.

+ LTSwordmastre360 on December 18th, 2013 at 5:26 pm said:

Absolutely would like some time cards for FFXIV please.

The new 2.1 patch has been a blast so far, and the little puppy pet/follower thing is adorable (they have it up on their Facebook page for the game).

+ Teflon02 on December 18th, 2013 at 6:27 pm said:

Guess I’ll miss this, I’m waiting for the PS4 version. Still praying that Lightning Returns comes to PS4, I really don’t wanna have to pull out the PS3 any time soon, trying to go strictly PS Vita & PS4 lmao

+ Artfuldead on December 18th, 2013 at 6:39 pm said:

Hurry and come to ps4 FFXIV I NEED YOU -_-

+ way2college on December 19th, 2013 at 6:18 am said:

Wow nice to know about this.. Thanks for sharing this post related to Save the Snowmen in Final Fantasy XIV’s Holiday Celebration Out Today..

+ OnionKnight11 on December 19th, 2013 at 8:53 am said:

Will the female Lalafell have the Santa outfit that the female Hyur are wearing in the picture?

+ tusunami on December 19th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

It’s good to have seasonal events in a game that keeps it all the more diverse.

+ NevidUS on December 19th, 2013 at 7:18 pm said:

No mention of FC housing LOL.

+ Biiodoll on December 20th, 2013 at 2:50 pm said:

I really enjoyed this! Was super fun to do this. I love to always play through events.