Minecraft PS4

Gran Turismo 6: Andretti’s 1948 Hudson Available Today

Ken Chan's Avatar + Posted by Ken Chan on Dec 19, 2013 // Product Manager, SCEA

GT fans! For the last few weeks, many of you visited www.gt6firstlove.com and shared your incredible first love stories, and witnessed the rebuild of Mario Andretti’s first race car that started his illustrious career — the 1948 Hudson.

Well, the moment is finally here. The Reunion video captures the magical moment when Mario Andretti sees and drives the rebuilt Hudson for the first time in more than 50 years. Without giving too much away, the video also shows the intricate process that Polyphony Digital goes through to recreate the classic Hudson in GT6.

The process includes data capturing, 3D scanning, and sound recording of the engine at all ranges of the RPM. After this, you’ll get to see Mr. Andretti himself relive his first love driving experience in the rebuilt Hudson.

To properly celebrate the collaboration between Mario Andretti and Gran Turismo, a unique Special Event featuring the 1948 Hudson is available in GT6 starting today and running through January 16th, 2014. The 1948 Hudson Superlap challenge will take place on Willow Springs International Raceway “Streets of Willow,” giving players the opportunity to be rewarded with the historic race car upon conquering set lap times above a Bronze Trophy Target. Players will also have the option to purchase the Hudson through the Car Dealership if they so choose.

Gran Turismo 6, 1948 HudsonGran Turismo 6, 1948 Hudson

Gran Turismo 6, 1948 Hudson

Click here to see the full gallery

“Gran Turismo is a legendary franchise with gamers and car enthusiasts which makes it a perfect fit,” notes Andretti. “Racing has been my lifelong passion and gave me an incredible career. When we first started discussing the ‘GT6 First Love Campaign,’ it brought back memories of some of the most defining moments of my life, and I’m so pleased to share them with GT fans. PlayStation gave me the opportunity to remember my ‘first love’ and to revisit what it felt like to be a young man taking that old Hudson around the track. I’m really happy fans are enjoying my story and sharing stories about their own first loves.”

13 Comments   1 Reply

+ a_striped_lombax on December 19th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

first? this game looks fantastic. i think i might break down and get it now…

+ Spine999 on December 19th, 2013 at 9:12 am said:

Thanks, great idea

+ Stryker-7- on December 19th, 2013 at 10:40 am said:

The weblink for the site is http://playstation.gt6firstlove.com/, the link you posted doesn’t go anywhere.

+ tusunami on December 19th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

GT6 has the most iconic cars out here!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ TheBlindGorilla on December 19th, 2013 at 12:17 pm said:

I really wish I was good at this game. Seeing things like this make me want to play so bad, but when I do, I spend more time spinning out than I do actually racing. Oh well, at least the folks that do play it will get the satisfaction of having a bad ass ride.

+ Steve_Justice on December 19th, 2013 at 1:29 pm said:

You should check out my screenshots from this game: http://gt6topspeed.tumblr.com/

+ JROD0823 on December 19th, 2013 at 7:51 pm said:

I already got the car, thanks. :)

+ JROD0823 on December 19th, 2013 at 8:02 pm said:

@5 TheBlindGorilla,

A few words of advice:

If you aren’t using a wheel (officially supported) to play, you should consider buying one.

It doesn’t save you from spinning out or wrecking, but it helps a lot.

If you can drive decently in real life, you should have the makings for decent racing skills. You just need to spend hundreds and eventually thousands of hours honing that skill, because that’s the only way possible to improve those kinds of skills.

I imagine I have at least 50,000 hours worth of driving (30,000 of that with a wheel) invested total in the GT series, and I still have lots of room for improvement.

I hope you stick with it, and maybe I’ll see you online one day.

Take care. :)

+ Sgt_0951 on December 19th, 2013 at 8:05 pm said:

Okay, so you can win the car by beating a specified time in its Special Event time trial? 500k in-game credits for a dealer purchase is pretty steep for me right now considering I still have to buy a few race cars to finish the latter career mode events. Thank goodness the daily login bonus has been brought back already.

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on December 20th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

Purchase of the Hudson is not necessary, and you can win the car by completing the Special Event Challenge. Be sure to complete it the next few days to take advantage of the Consecutive Login Bonus where you can earn up to 200% credit bonus

+ BrianC6234 on December 19th, 2013 at 11:12 pm said:

“Okay, so you can win the car by beating a specified time in its Special Event time trial? 500k in-game credits for a dealer purchase is pretty steep for me right now considering I still have to buy a few race cars to finish the latter career mode events.”

I got bronze on this one the first try and I wasn’t even trying hard. That will win you the car. It isn’t hard to win. The car drives great for such an old car.

+ Sgt_0951 on December 21st, 2013 at 4:59 am said:

Thank you Brian and Ken! Sounds like this trial will be a lot of fun!

+ multiman77 on December 25th, 2013 at 3:41 am said:

Starter playing yesterday, so just finished my first license and the beginner Career. Give this car a spin. After a few tries got the gold time. Only with 130% loggin bonus got 1.3000.000 credits for the win. The other season events pay out good to. So my credits are 2.500.000 now with only 5 Hours of playing. Gotta get. Me Some new cars now!!

+ ghostkiller_9-9 on December 26th, 2013 at 4:13 pm said:

Still no damage and no new le mans cars and gt cars