PS4-The Order

Vote: PlayStation.Blog Game of the Year Awards 2013

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Dec 20, 2013 // Senior Manager, Social Media

PlayStation Blog Game of the Year Awards 2013

Update: The polls are now closed! Thanks for voting, and see you tomorrow for the winner’s list.

It’s time! Time to submit your vote in the annual PlayStation.Blog Game of the Year Awards, a chance for PlayStation players to select the best of the best for 2013.

To vote, just click on your pick from each of the nominee lists below. Don’t see the game you want to vote for? No problem: write in your pick by clicking the appropriate selection on each poll. The polls will close at 6:00pm Pacific Time this Sunday, December 22nd. Then we’ll tally the votes and reveal your winners on Monday. We’ll also toss out some dedicated “Editors’ Choice” awards picked by the international Blog team because, well, we’re egotists.

It’s time to vote! See you Monday for the full list of winners.

PS4 Game of the Year 2013

This category includes both retail Blu-ray releases and digital PlayStation Store releases. If you think we missed a game in our nominee list, vote for it using the write-in option!

PS3 Game of the Year 2013

PS Vita Game of the Year 2013

This category includes both retail releases and digital PlayStation Store releases. If you think we missed a game in our nominee list, vote for it using the write-in option!

Best Digital Release 2013

A new category that recognizes the best titles that premiered digitally via PlayStation Store or PS Mobile. It spans all PlayStation platforms (PS3, PS4, PS Vita, etc).

Most Anticipated 2014 Game

What upcoming 2014 game are you most eager to play? Vote from the list of nominees or write in your selection at the bottom of the poll.

Now that you’ve voted, tell us what you voted for in the comments and why.

+ KANSASSTFAN on December 20th, 2013 at 1:22 pm said:

I’m looking forward to “Thief”.

+ GeneralObi-1 on December 20th, 2013 at 1:28 pm said:

Most Anticipated 2014 Game

I voted other : Dark Souls II (PS4)

I hope

+ Stringer2355 on December 20th, 2013 at 1:51 pm said:

Payday 2

+ shengoro86 on December 20th, 2013 at 1:54 pm said:

Shenmue 3 on every poll.

Why? Because it deserves every section.

Dont like it, learn to respect the series.

/james

+ EuCaLyPTuSkILL on December 20th, 2013 at 1:57 pm said:

The Last of Us is the best game ever !!!!!!!!!

+ Shimrra74 on December 20th, 2013 at 2:01 pm said:

Monster Hunter & Final Fantasy for Vita 2014

+ Lazard47 on December 20th, 2013 at 2:01 pm said:

Drive Club for 2014!
Disgaea D2, Dynasty Warriors 8, Puppeteer and Beyond Two Souls should also be contenders for game of the year. Sport games should just be emitted imho.

+ goldenknight01 on December 20th, 2013 at 2:06 pm said:

PS4 – Sadly, I don’t own a PS4 as of now.

PS3 – Last of us with GTA 5 incredibly closes

PS Vita – Don’t play a few games from PS+ but i would love to buy Killzone Mercenary. Drop the *cough* 64 gb card for $100 max.

Digital – Minecraft

Most anticipated game – Watch dogs then Destiny

+ g_e_z_a_d_o_n on December 20th, 2013 at 2:08 pm said:

As much as I’m enjoying my ps4 my most anticipating game for next year has to be dark souls 2. I just can’t wait for the challenge

+ markedman54 on December 20th, 2013 at 2:08 pm said:

The Evil Within next year looks awesome.

+ megatronbrzl on December 20th, 2013 at 2:09 pm said:

nova geração games , muito inspiradora novas aventuras , graficos excelentes jogabilidade descomunal
nota 1000 ps4

+ LucasFla1 on December 20th, 2013 at 2:10 pm said:

PS4 Game of the Year 2013: lol bad games
PS3 Game of the Year 2013: The Last of Us
PS Vita Game of the Year 2013: Tearaway
Best Digital Release 2013: Guacamelee!
Most Anticipated 2014 Game: Titanfall

+ i_Kevbot on December 20th, 2013 at 2:11 pm said:

Borderlands 2 and Dishonored were the best PS3 games. Most anticipated I would have to say Thief.

+ pikmin44 on December 20th, 2013 at 2:11 pm said:

PS4 – Call of Duty Ghost
PS3 – Tales of Xillia
VITA – Tearaway
Digital – rain
Anticipated – Kingdom Hearts 3

+ IrishDude2 on December 20th, 2013 at 2:13 pm said:

Darn… I didn’t even know which to vote for in the digital but then I seen Rain! Damn it! Can I change my vote to Rain?

+ Elnath10 on December 20th, 2013 at 2:16 pm said:

Votes submitted!

+ supvic on December 20th, 2013 at 2:18 pm said:

DMC is without a doubt my GOTY of 2013.. then TLOU and Tomb Raider. It released January this year, WHY ISN’T IT ON THE LIST?!

+ LimeDoDo on December 20th, 2013 at 2:24 pm said:

Best game on PS4 – Tied between Assassins Creed Black Flag and BF4

+ TwinDad on December 20th, 2013 at 2:29 pm said:

In a perfect world:

PS4: Ni No Kuni.
PS3: Ni No Kuni.
PSV: Ni No Kuni.
Digital: Ni No Kuni.

Anticipated: Ni No Kuni 2

Sure, sure, there are other games on the list to vote for, opinions and all, hope everybody enjoyed gaming in 2013.

+ failedartifact on December 20th, 2013 at 2:32 pm said:

Shenmue 3. There is no other game that should be number 1 on most Most Anticipated Game 2014. Though, if developement hasn’t started, HD remakes are well overdue.

+ jayrabbit on December 20th, 2013 at 2:49 pm said:

question: does votes only count for those who cast a vote while signed into the psn on the blog? (meaning if I wasnt able to comment in this section because I didnt sign in does that mean my vote didnt count as well?)

I understand that you are trying to save space in the post but for an event that happens once a year it should be lengthy to begin with, limiting it to 10 each does give more consolidated results but does not give true merit and detours us from wanting to do a write in as most people will pick from the list rather then putting in a name, meaning that those who didnt make the list will lose votes that they would of got if it had otherwise been present.

+ KrisButtar on December 20th, 2013 at 2:55 pm said:

Most Anticipated 2014 Game

Elder Scrolls Online would be my pick here but they announced a monthly subscription fee so the Winner is WatchDogs considering I pre-ordered a PS4 for it.

+ KnifingGrimace on December 20th, 2013 at 2:55 pm said:

No David Hayter, no Most Anticipated Game of 2014. Sorry, MGSV.

InFAMOUS, I choose you. Would you like your tiara now, or later?

+ NARUKEVINRIN on December 20th, 2013 at 3:00 pm said:

most anticipitated game definitely MGS: ground zeroes & phantom pain. closely followed by watchdogs and the division!

+ S_L_I_C_K on December 20th, 2013 at 3:01 pm said:

so who else voted for H-Hour worlds elite for most anticipated?

+ masturcide on December 20th, 2013 at 3:10 pm said:

It’s a good sign that “Most Anticipated” was the hardest choice for me.

Metal Gear Solid V (my vote)
The Order
The Witness
Dark Souls II
Elder Scrolls Online

Some good things coming in the future.

+ PlatinumDogs on December 20th, 2013 at 3:11 pm said:

I want a Naught Dog game next year, infamous second son, DriveClub anbd the order: 1886. Motorstorm game on ps vita and uncharded gold of abyss sequel xD

+ mexicanwarrior62 on December 20th, 2013 at 3:11 pm said:

PS4 – Battlefield 4

PS3 – The Last of Us

PS Vita – Tearaway

PSN – Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon

Most Anticipated – Infamous Second Son

+ rabidninjamonky on December 20th, 2013 at 3:16 pm said:

Instead of best digital game, there should have been 3 separate categories. Best digital vita game, best digital ps3 game and best cross-buy game. I would have chose Velocity Ultra, Call of Juarez Gunslinger and Guacamelee! My most anticipated 2014 is Persona 5!

+ patrass_244 on December 20th, 2013 at 3:16 pm said:

anxious to know something about the order 1886

+ yazter on December 20th, 2013 at 3:25 pm said:

I voted for CoD: Ghosts as the game of the year for PS4.

Out of all the games I played on the PS4 (I have ACIV, BF4 and KZ) this game was literally the least glitchy and actually playable. Sad that for the “PS4 GotY” I had to choose the one that is “least bad.”

I know, I’m surprised by my own vote as well.

+ zenparadox1 on December 20th, 2013 at 4:01 pm said:

How about a big round of applause for the most over hyped and overrated game of 2013: Bioshock Infinite

+ bash_rabb98 on December 20th, 2013 at 4:05 pm said:

I want battlefield 4 to be a little cheaper

+ locobeast87 on December 20th, 2013 at 4:08 pm said:

PS4 GOTY: Knack
PS3 GOTY: The Last of Us
Vita GOTY: Kilzone Mercenary
Most Anticipated of 2014: Can’t decide either The Division or Destiny

+ retro25 on December 20th, 2013 at 4:23 pm said:

Grand Theft Auto 5 for PS3 game of the year because it’s a huge sand box game. GTA rules!!!!!!! ;)

+ FeddeCampo on December 20th, 2013 at 4:23 pm said:

Hard to decide and pick one of all those amazing games.
Anyway here is what I picked:

My PS4 GOTY: “Killzone Shadowfall” Probably the most amazing graphic experience that I had on my screen this year.I know that there will be much more greatness to come anyway =)

My Ps3 GOTY: “The Last of Us” (Amazing acting,gameplay,story and innovative Multiplayer.It was hard to decide this having so much fun games especially GTA V but being a first game from what I hope to be a saga, it was amazingly made)

My PSVita GOTY: “Tearaway” (Great game to have fun using almost every human sense) xD

My Digital GOTY: “The Walking Dead Season 2″ (The excitment I felt with this game was hard to compare to any other)

My Most Anticipated Game of 2014: “Watchdogs” (I was really looking forward this title on 2013 but the excitment has to wait till next year and taht’s why is my most waited game yet)

But leaving the votatiojn behind I think that every game this year and the ones that will come can be anyone’s favorite thanks to every man at Sony and Playstation who makes it possible bringing us the console, the controller and the space here to let them know what we think.
THANK YOU!

+ INFIDEL_JIHAD on December 20th, 2013 at 4:30 pm said:

@12 LoL didn’t they just release a bunch of vita games

+ Kchow23 on December 20th, 2013 at 4:33 pm said:

NBA 2K14 (PS4)
Last of Us (PS3), but if you caught me on different days I might go Beyond: Two Souls
Tearaway (PS Vita), but I am 50-50 with Hotline Miami
Hotline Miami (Best PSN release)
The Order 1886 (Most anticipated), tied with inFamous: Second Son though.

+ TheAmazingOscar on December 20th, 2013 at 4:34 pm said:

I don’t know if it’s going to be released in 2014, but I’m eager to play the next Uncharted.

+ Kchow23 on December 20th, 2013 at 4:41 pm said:

They were all really hard choices though, there were so many good games in 2013 and many that I haven’t even been able to get around to! Looking forward to 2014… oh and don’t forget Puppeteer man that game was awesome :)

+ jcgoodekillz on December 20th, 2013 at 4:50 pm said:

Hi i normally have to say this cod ghost wasnt that great as any other call of duty except the multiplayer i would haft to say killzone shadowfall was a good game in my opinion along with the best vita hit killzone mercenary and would like to see more games like this on the vita fyi i would like to see minecraft hit vita as well . as far as ps3 goes is gta v the fact that you can switch to 3 other people and gta online was also amazing right along with ff a realm reborn my most well known 2 games i want to see come out soon is watchdogs and borderlands 2 for vita

+ Detsurasu on December 20th, 2013 at 4:51 pm said:

PS4 – KZ
PS3 – TLOU
Most anticipated PS4 game – MGS V.

The Last Of Us will remain as the masterpiece, which turned all gaming industry upside down. Bravo Naughty Dog!

+ EyesBleedNoSleep on December 20th, 2013 at 4:55 pm said:

PS4 Game of the Year 2013 – Assassin’s Creed IV
Why? Loved the whole Pirates setting.

PS3 Game of the Year 2013 – The Last of Us
Why? It was a game that sucked me in & didn’t let go until the end.

PS Vita Game of the Year 2013 – Dragon’s Crown
Why? It was not only a great game it was a living work of art!

Best Digital Release 2013 – Minecraft
Why? Addicting. @_@

Most Anticipated 2014 Game – The Elder Scrolls Online
Why? The never ending game just became never ending.

+ Kevvik on December 20th, 2013 at 4:55 pm said:

PS4 – no vote, not enough to warrant buying a system yet, not without BC, got too much PS3 stuff still to play
PS3 – keep your TLOU and GTAV – both have too much hype – give me Puppeteer for sheer fun – this game needs more love on this site – of note, I haven’t gotten around to Ni No Kuni yet, waiting in the yet to play pile
Vita – Soul Sacrifice is just too much fun
Digital – Spelunky rocks, nuff said
Most Anticipated – got to go with Watch Dogs though ultimately I’m worried about too much hype and not living up to expectations

+ KillerReaper31 on December 20th, 2013 at 5:14 pm said:

I am looking to see how watch dogs and hope that grand theif auto 5 gets game of the year

+ Weyzu on December 20th, 2013 at 5:15 pm said:

And nobody mentioned upcoming Persona 5 for PS3. :( Come on, last two were brilliant!

+ dkarlowicz10 on December 20th, 2013 at 6:19 pm said:

There are a lot of high profile for PS4 for 2014.

There are no big high profile games for the PS Vita for 2014 (maybe Kingdom Hearts X HD and Borderlands 2?) . 2013 has several high profile games including Tearaway, Killzone Mercenary, Ys Celcetta among the many released this year. I hope that 2014 will have many high profile PS Vita games. Maybe Infamous for Vita, NHL, NBA 2K14, WWE 2k14, GTA Vita? I know some of these are 3rd party, but it would be nice for existing PS Vita owners and prospective Vita buyers to know as to what is on the horizon for 2014 for this awesome handheld.

+ zingakun on December 20th, 2013 at 6:23 pm said:

I voted for “Lords of the Fallen” as my most anticipated 2014 game. I’m really looking forward to playing this game, but the lack of news on development or a gameplay get me a little worried that it could be a major fail…

If it was a section regarding “most anticipated feature” it would be to me Gaikai without even thinking about.

+ oOoSLOWPOKEoOo on December 20th, 2013 at 6:48 pm said:

My votes for poll from top to bottom in order:
Killzone Shadow Fall
The Last of Us
Killzone Mercenary
Minecraft: PS3 Edition
Watch_Dogs

2 other most anticipated games:
Watch Dogs
Metal Gear Solid V

4 other great games this year for PS3:
Grand Theft Auto V
Call of Duty Ghost
God of War Ascension
and Tomb Raider
Enjoyed every bit of all these games
Unfortunately I only own Ghost and Minecraft from this list, but played some of the others like Grand Theft Auto V, God of War, Tomb Raider, and Killzone Shadow Fall at friends houses.

+ Biggz124 on December 20th, 2013 at 7:33 pm said:

No themes to download this year? dissapointed.