God of War

Dec 21

Dec 21

This Week in PlayStation

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

We’ll keep this one brief, because let’s be real — it’s officially The Holidays™ and we’ve all got games to play and cookies to eat.

Minecraft is out now on PS3! Somebody build a DeLorean in-game, please.

Other new releases this week: The first episode of Telltale’s The Walking Dead Season Two (tune in to this week’s PlayStation Blogcast for an interview with Episode 1’s director, Dennis Lenart), Terraria on PS Vita, The Pinball Arcade on PS4, and the first story DLC for Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, Freedom Cry.

In between rounds of The Pinball Arcade, I’ve been booting up Resogun and fighting to keep raising my scores. I’m in the 120m range on Veteran (eat that, Sid), but I get really sloppy past stage 1, so I know I can do better. What’s your high score? Got any advanced tips to take it to the next level?

• I’m playing: The Pinball Arcade on PS4 (Bride of Pinbot and Theatre of Magic)
  • I’m watching: Anchorman 2
  • I’m listening to: Anamanaguchi – Endless Fantasy (on vinyl!)

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

Most-Watched Video of the Week

Add Your Own

FJ1100_rider said:

December 21st, 12:04 pm

I’m not playing it yet but after I go in and buy a $20 psn card in a few hours I’ll be playing batman arkham origins blackgate on psvita , that sale price is too good to pass up
I’m watching my account balance go lower as I buy the last few Christmas gifts on my list this weekend , and ‘m reading that account balance print out every time I take out a few more bucks LOL

really want to get that walking dead season two game but I’ll wait until the seasons pass is out and hope it includes this first episode at a good price for the whole season ( $20 ? )

FJ1100_rider said:

December 21st, 12:07 pm

forgot to put in I’m listening to tuneIn app on my vita through the new bluetooth Sony speaker I picked up yesterday , loving how easy it was to conenct with one touch synch that recognized the vita and that I can synch my phone at the same time and even use the speaker to answer calls . go Sony

Void_Incarnate said:

December 21st, 1:26 pm

Anyone else wish it was easier to check your PSN wallet balnce on the Vita? When I’m browsing playstation store website on the PC, I can easily tell what my balance is at a glance, but on the vita, I have to jump through hoops (usually by “pretending'” to add money to the wallet) to find out what my remaining balance is.

And Tearaway at $17.99 is a must-buy.

I’m playing: (still) Dragon’s Crown (PSVita), Cytus Lambda (PSMobile); Tearaway next
I’m watching: Attack on Titan OVA, Doctor Who: The Ultimate Guide; Wolf Children and Mood Indigo next
I’m listening to: Cytus soundtracks
I’m reading: Night Sessions (Ken Macleod), Alchemy of Stone (Ekaterina Sedia)

rabidninjamonky said:

December 21st, 1:32 pm

I’m playing: Velocity Ultra, Spelunky and Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate! I just bought Blackgate and Tearaway yesterday with the flashsale, and I’ve been playing it ever since. It’s a really underrated game. I really needed a break from Spelunky anyway, since apparently I’m the worst Spelunky player on Earth!

I’m watching: The women’s volleyball National championship tonight between Wisconsin and Penn St.(Penn st has some hotties!)

I’m listening: Nothing really, but I’ve watched Beyonce’s Drunk in Love video on Youtube way too many times! Great song and I love the video. It gives me funny feelings every time I watch!! lol

deadendblues said:

December 21st, 3:42 pm

Playing spelunky assassins ps4 soon tearaway
Reading auxiliary justice
Listening Harvey danger
Watching hot stove

This post is going downhill best of blog how misogynistic

deadendblues said:

December 21st, 3:46 pm

Wrong word misogynist err self promoting been better sorry

rabidninjamonky said:

December 21st, 4:41 pm

@5 This post is going downhill, but that’s only because people don’t post comments. I like it though. It’s supposed to get people to discuss their favorite games and other media, and to discuss the more popular topics from the PS Blog for the week. This is a good place to discuss why telltale keeps holding their Season passes back to punish their biggest and most impulsive fans, or why SquareEnix is only offering a digital download for FFX-2 for the vita.

Boyanime010 said:

December 21st, 5:14 pm

@Justin, Does Sony work on Christmas eve? :)

Boyanime010 said:

December 21st, 5:15 pm

@Justin, Does Sony work on the Holidays? can we expect PSN store today :)

Boyanime010 said:

December 21st, 5:16 pm

@Justin, is now the right time to wish you a Merry Christmas :)

Boyanime010 said:

December 21st, 5:16 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS! Justin :D

deadendblues said:

December 21st, 5:18 pm

I really enjoyed the links to other sites like neogaff and all that…

Ain’t the comments on those blogs for discussing those topics. We come to this site to read the posts. We do. And I like the reassuarance that they are actively seeking info on games from sources outside of Sony and I’m interested in knowing what Justin reads as gaming news.I know it’s a Sony blog. I know the articles I just enjoyed the outside links shows a litttle love in the game community.

Still feel stupid about the masojonistic coment however. Can’t think of the right word self promoting keeping it in the company. I dunno.

Still I got lots of love for the blogs and news.

deathshadow799 said:

December 21st, 8:53 pm

I’m playing: PS3 – Dark Souls, Fallout 3, I Am Alive / PSVITA – Rayman Legends, Tearaway

Really loving Tearaway, thanks for the $18 deal. I didn’t really liked Little Big Planet, but Media Molecule just nailed it with this Vita game, just… amazing and wonderful.

FireFlight56 said:

December 21st, 9:23 pm

So glad Minecraft is on PS3 instead of PS4 so I can online for free! Also…

CHANGE THE CONTROLS BACK TO PLAYSTATION CONTROLS ON PS4 ! Thank you

CommandingTiger said:

December 22nd, 8:39 pm

Seeing how the PS4 is selling well. I might actually suggest buying out Nintendo, or make a partnership.
(PS4 to make the home consoles and Nintendo making the handhelds, and the other to make exclusive games on the each other console)
Just thinking out loud, nothing serious.

On the serious side. Get more games in stores for the Vita.