PS4 - Transistor

The Drop: New PlayStation Releases for December 24th, 2013

Ryan Clements's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Clements on Dec 22, 2013 // Social Media Specialist

Zen Pinball 2 on PS4

What better way to relax during the holidays than bundle up, pour some hot cider, dim the lights, and enjoy a few rounds of glorious video game pinball? Did you think I was going to suggest spending time with loved ones? Oh. That’s good, too.

This week, PlayStation is getting ready to enjoy the holiday break, so we have one game coming to PS4, and it’s a great one: Zen Pinball 2. For those of you that already own tables on the PS3 or PS Vita version, you’ll be able to download the PS4 tables at no additional cost. For those that are trying out Zen Pinball 2 for the first time, the Sorcerer’s Lair table is free to play.

Given the light release lineup, The Drop will also be taking a short holiday break and coming back to PlayStation.Blog at the start of the new year. Until then, I wish each and every one of you a happy and restful holiday. May your gaming be ample and your snacks be delicious.

Unless you’re dieting for the holiday. In which case, may your diet be successful.

PAGE 1 2
Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on December 22nd, 2013 at 8:37 am said:

The Mini Drop wishes you a Happy Holidays!

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on December 22nd, 2013 at 8:39 am said:

What a nice holiday message. Thanks, Ryan! :)

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on December 22nd, 2013 at 8:40 am said:

Thank you, take care! ^_^

+ Angelshadow_7 on December 22nd, 2013 at 8:42 am said:

Second non blog related xD!

+ Angelshadow_7 on December 22nd, 2013 at 8:44 am said:

Hey Ryan thanks for the update and Happy Holidays for all of you on the Team.

2 quick questions:

Are there any difference on the PS4 version on this Pinball tables in comparison with the PS3 version??

Can we expect still more holiday discounts for plus!? (coming tomorrow I imagine)

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on December 22nd, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

Hi Angelshadow_7! Happy Holidays!

1.) It would be a safer bet to go straight to the @Zen_Studios team, because I’m not entirely sure if/what the differences would be. ^_^

2.) Unfortunately, I’m not heavily involved with sales promotion, so I would refer to future Plus posts for updates.

Thanks!

+ RoII_chan on December 22nd, 2013 at 8:52 am said:

Just 1 game for the drop?

+ NX_Nytrux on December 22nd, 2013 at 8:58 am said:

More PS2 Classics, please. I have PS2 no more, and i have many unfinished games, Valkyrie Profile 2: Simleria for example.

+ BlueRobotX on December 22nd, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

Why no new games for the PS3 or Vita I don’t own a PS4? I feel left out. :(

+ TWODEEEE on December 22nd, 2013 at 9:11 am said:

is it april fools or something? wtf seriously?

+ BamaGoatt on December 22nd, 2013 at 9:12 am said:

Nice I love pinball I think I have this on my ps3 so it should be free for me going to check to make sure though. I am definitely on a diet this holiday a see food diet lol I have a 1 pound Reece’s to snack on but I promise to start losing weight starting Jan 1 notice no year was given lol. Happy holidays everyone!

+ Boyanime010 on December 22nd, 2013 at 9:17 am said:

Dear Ryan! Merry Christmas :)

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on December 22nd, 2013 at 9:31 am said:

Thanks, you too!

+ Boyanime010 on December 22nd, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

Dear Sony, Merry Christmas

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on December 22nd, 2013 at 9:31 am said:

Why thank you. ^_^

+ Boyanime010 on December 22nd, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all those in PlayStation Family :)

+ YoRunThatChain on December 22nd, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

Hey Ryan, first time posting on the blog, thanks for the holiday message!

I was wondering if there will still be PS one and two game releases on the PSN or if those are done for good. Particularly the untranslated japanese games like Sentimental Graffiti, ect.

Happy holidays!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on December 22nd, 2013 at 9:32 am said:

Hi! Thanks for the note. I don’t have access to that information, but I can check in on it for you.

Cheers!

+ KirAMinh on December 22nd, 2013 at 9:25 am said:

Merry Christmas, PlayStation Nation!

Please add Killzone Mercenary to FlashDeal. tks so much!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on December 22nd, 2013 at 9:33 am said:

Happy Holidays!

+ Fnord on December 22nd, 2013 at 9:31 am said:

Finally! Zen is awesome. My PS4 virtual pinball itch was barely scratched by Pinball Arcade. Just made me thirstier for Zen Pinball. And I just picked up the Dr. Strange table, too. w00t!

Oh, and Happy Holidays, PlayStation and PlayStation fans!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on December 22nd, 2013 at 9:33 am said:

Happy Holidays to you!

+ Monterossa on December 22nd, 2013 at 9:35 am said:

so no new games for xmas? and those holiday sales are not so great at all.

+ Doc_Tury on December 22nd, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

Happy Holidays Ryan! And now it’s time to play what we have in the backlog! Keep playing and let’s hope for a great gaming 2014!

+ mahirghari on December 22nd, 2013 at 10:04 am said:

Thanks for the diet mention Ryan, plenty of Dragon’s Crown and other awesome games will help in that endeavor!

+ etscott on December 22nd, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

Merry Christmas and Happy holidays to all of you. My family and I are looking forward to a great 2014 with the PS4.

+ iREVOLTER on December 22nd, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

Yeeey as I am really sad for not putting something big this week. I feel kinda happy because I’ll save some money and wait for something that I want and more discounts! My wallet *cries* .

p.s: Happy HolidayZ!

+ ROYALEFATALE on December 22nd, 2013 at 10:48 am said:

another week, another pinball game….all this new money pouring in from PSN subscribers and we’re still getting early PS3-era releases, hopefully some more time, and Gaikai can remedy the lackluster lineup of PSN titles.

+ beef_child on December 22nd, 2013 at 10:57 am said:

Dropped about 30 pounds since September. Plan on getting back some ha-HA. Will start back after the hols. NO GUILT ABOUT WHAT I EAT AND DRINK THIS YEAR!!!

+ beef_child on December 22nd, 2013 at 10:58 am said:

Sorry…A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!

+ elchorno on December 22nd, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

Hi Ryan, you forgot to mention that Telltale’s The Walking Dead Season 2 Season Pass for the PS3 is also dropping this week.

+ Dominator09-_ on December 22nd, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

Any word on when the Walking Dead Season 2 game Season Pass will be available?

+ elchorno on December 22nd, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

@25
According to Telltale Games, the Season 2 Pass will be out on Tuesday Dec 24th with a $5 discount due to the delay.

+ ElektroDragon on December 22nd, 2013 at 11:30 am said:

WHERE IS THE WALKING DEAD 2 SEASON PASS?

+ elchorno on December 22nd, 2013 at 11:31 am said:

@25
I tried to put a link to the Telltale games support page, but my comment is awaiting moderation.

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on December 22nd, 2013 at 12:01 pm said:

www(dot)telltalegames(dot)com/support/discussion/54759/the-walking-dead-season-two-ps3-north-america-season-pass

There you go. :)

+ IIL0YDII on December 22nd, 2013 at 12:02 pm said:

This drop sucks.

+ sheik_ah on December 22nd, 2013 at 12:09 pm said:

more ps2 releases would be great for 2014.
But this was such a nice holiday “drop.” Not much in the way of games but it’s so nice to read a letter like this every now and then. Ryan and the rest of the Playstation Blog crew, thank you for a great year and hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas.

+ jonjon0890 on December 22nd, 2013 at 12:16 pm said:

Happy Holiday to you all.
Merry to CHRISTmas too.

Bring on Week Four for the PSN Holiday Sale
Damn the Flash Sales in November & December & the Holiday Sales has put Boxing Day Canada to shame on the PlayStation side of things. Sony is slowly becoming Steam in terms of sale (it will never be better than Steam).

I bought Splinter Cell, Rayman Legends, Diablo III, GoW: Ascension, LIMBO, Spelunky, Dynasty Warrior 6 Empires, One Piece: Pirate warrior 2, Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Marvel vs. Capcom Origins, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn CE & LEGO Marvel Super HeroesTearaway, & R&C: Into the Nexus from those psn sales.

+ etscott on December 22nd, 2013 at 1:29 pm said:

Holy cow jonjon, you like your flash sales. But yeah, some of those prices were really good. The Ni no Kuni price was like a Steam sale. My family put over 100 hours into that game.

As for me, ever since Dragons Dogma hit Playstation Plus, I have played nothing else. Can’t believe that was the first time I played what ended up being one of my top 3 favorite games of the past generation.

+ hyper-shadow-0 on December 22nd, 2013 at 1:48 pm said:

No JRPGs…..sad….no need for me to get a psn card for this week then…unless some good add ons are involved…

+ XeahuleXolic on December 22nd, 2013 at 2:02 pm said:

Happy Holidays thank you for a wonderful year of awesome games, I can’t wait to see more come to the PS4 \m/

+ leotherf on December 22nd, 2013 at 2:03 pm said:

Happy Holidays!

I’ve been waiting for this one. I LOVE Zen Pinball.

+ AizawaYuuichi on December 22nd, 2013 at 2:18 pm said:

Really looking forward to playing Sorcerer’s Lair and Epic Quest on the PS4 in 3D! Merry Christmas to all!

And thanks for the Holiday Wishes, Ryan! Beyond!

+ U-E-N-D-I-L on December 22nd, 2013 at 2:34 pm said:

Happy Holidays Playstation

as far as a question for you Any chance of getting gitaroo man as a ps2 classic?

+ Harerazer on December 22nd, 2013 at 2:49 pm said:

Pinball Aracde was really poor when compared to Zen. I’m really looking forward to this.

+ Gamerzlimited on December 22nd, 2013 at 2:55 pm said:

Happy Holidays, Playstation! Hope you and your blog team have a great Christmas, Ryan!

@IIL0YDII Just like your face, Mr. Grinch. I can tell you’re in Santa’s naughty list. I don’t expect anything new by the end of 2013, so stop asking for AAA titles every week.

+ Hayterfan on December 22nd, 2013 at 3:27 pm said:

So will there be another week of holiday sales this week, or was last week the end of that?

+ joh4nlee on December 22nd, 2013 at 3:36 pm said:

that was it?
Happy Holidays y’all

+ Amir_G_M_US on December 22nd, 2013 at 3:38 pm said:

know what?
I’m waiting for the day to have a God Of War titles for PS VITA
and I am NOT talking about a ported version of 1 and 2

but a brand new story

+ aznexcav on December 22nd, 2013 at 4:03 pm said:

Happy Holidays Ryan and everyone on the blogs.

+ retro25 on December 22nd, 2013 at 4:34 pm said:

Not much at the Drop. Happy Holidays to everyone at Playstation Blog!!!!!!!

+ jchill001 on December 22nd, 2013 at 4:40 pm said:

stuff

+ DecadanceFantasy on December 22nd, 2013 at 4:56 pm said:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

+ thundercat17 on December 22nd, 2013 at 5:13 pm said:

merry christmas to the entire sony team

ps to those complaining about lack of games, jesus you guys need to get a life, aren’t you supposed to be hanging out with your family/relatives/friends instead of playing video games by yourself??????

+ Lestatdelioncort on December 22nd, 2013 at 5:20 pm said:

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays staff! Hope you guys can get Valkyrie Profile 1 and Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria as psn classics one day. ^.^

+ Big_Dog_Golfer on December 22nd, 2013 at 5:37 pm said:

Weren’t we supposed to get Sonic Racing this month for the Vita? The month has passed without a single Vita game hitting the free as usual. Not feeling a lot of merry cheer right now. Was hoping to add that racing game for vacation. Very disappointed.

PAGE 1 2