PS4 - Destiny

LittleBigPlanet Update: Merry Christmas from LBP!

Steven Isbell's Avatar + Posted by Steven Isbell on Dec 23, 2013 // LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

LittleBigPlanet Update

Winter Wonderland Levels

Christmas is such a wonderful time of year, and it really encourages our community to come out in full force and show off their creative spark by developing some very festive levels to help celebrate this special time of year.

Winter Wonderland ScreenshotLove Flavored Chocolade Screenshot

Santa's Presents ScreenshotChristmas Hideout Screenshot

So if you’re looking for some festive cheer on LittleBigPlanet, you can find some of our favorite Christmassy levels in our Winter Wonderlands!

FREE DLC Available Now!

Winter Creator Kit

Want to be able to create your own Christmas- and winter-themed levels? Then the FREE Winter Creator Kit will be just perfect for you!

Winter Creator Kit

The Winter Creator Kit is packed full of goodies just like any good Christmas stocking should be, and it is now available for both LittleBigPlanet 2 and LittleBigPlanet PS Vita.

Community Spotlight

LBP PS Vita: Advent Calendar

Christmas Day is near and if you’re looking for some portable festive fun, then you will want to check out this wonderfully fun community-made Advent Calendar on LittleBigPlanet PS Vita.

The Calendar Level Badge

What exactly is inside the advent calendar, you ask? Well now, that would be telling…

All we can say is that if you’re looking for great Christmas levels to play while somebody else is cooking Christmas dinner, then you will be in for quite a treat here!

DC Comics Premium Level Pack out now!

The DC Comics Premium Level Pack is now available from the PlayStation Store, so if you have ever wanted the opportunity to play superheroes with your friends, then there’s no better time to than now! Take a look at our trailer to see the Caped Creator in action!

If you like that, don’t forget that you can pick up the DC Comics Season Pass to be able to download all of our upcoming DC Comics content being released over the next few months.

See You Next Year!

All that’s left to do now is to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from myself and everybody else on the LittleBigPlanet Team!

Thank you all for making this a wonderful year for LittleBigPlanet; it truly wouldn’t be LBP if it wasn’t for all of you – Our amazing one-of-a-kind community! We have more DC Comics content coming soon and many other exciting things arriving next year, and we can’t wait to see what you create with them all in the New Year!

Come And Visit Us

LittleBigPlanet.com
Forums
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube

Sackboy Present

+ Teflon02 on December 23rd, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

Should have christmas music, on the Vita atleast the christmas items are pretty much useless. Love the game either way though

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:07 am said:

Have you tried asking a music creator to put together a nice song for you? :)

+ Teflon02 on December 23rd, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

Merry Christmas !! :D

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:08 am said:

Merry Christmas!

+ Seeing_Red_Again on December 23rd, 2013 at 10:16 am said:

Next gen doesnt start till LittleBigPlanet comes to the PS4

+ Satnamji on December 23rd, 2013 at 10:29 am said:

Think I need to treat myself to the DC Comics Level Pack this Xmas, which would be fitting, as the first DLC I ever bought for any game was the Pirates of the Caribbean DLC for LBP1 back on Xmas Day 2009. Good memories!

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:23 am said:

Hope you have fun with the Justice League!

+ pitolyo on December 23rd, 2013 at 10:37 am said:

getting ready to play lbp vita advent calender level!im so getting the cross controller pack withe the dc level pack!!!

i hope there will be a nightwing costume too.

anyway, merry christmas to you all!

(whispers) i think puppeteer and the last of us are under my tree. ;)

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

Psst… Sounds like a good tree this year… ;)

+ Boyanime010 on December 23rd, 2013 at 10:50 am said:

Merry Christmas :)

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:22 am said:

Merry Christmas! :)

+ iceblue604 on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

Where do I get the free DLC?

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:22 am said:

The Winter Creator Kit should be available on the Store now. :)

+ tusunami on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:30 am said:

I like that the community has updates Everytime to keep the game relevant & interesting.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on December 23rd, 2013 at 2:47 pm said:

Our wonderful community are always creating and publishing something new to see in LBP, we never know what each week will bring!

+ Bilsebob on December 23rd, 2013 at 12:30 pm said:

Please port LittleBigPlanet 2 through GaiKai when it’s ready to use with the PS4.

+ Jiggykb on December 23rd, 2013 at 12:38 pm said:

Couple this with the Marvel packs… I can finally show Superman who’s boss with HULK!!!! Batman who’s boss with Wolverine!!! Where’s GL and Flash?!!

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on December 23rd, 2013 at 2:42 pm said:

They’re on the way! You can expect their arrival sometime in the New Year! :)

+ remanutd5 on December 23rd, 2013 at 1:04 pm said:

Can i play DC comics premium pack on my vita?

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on December 23rd, 2013 at 2:45 pm said:

You won’t be able to play the current pack on PlayStation Vita, however we’ll be releasing a separate DC Comics Premium Level Pack for LBP PS Vita sometime in the New Year, featuring a bunch of brand new levels to play on LBP PS Vita! :)

+ Teflon02 on December 23rd, 2013 at 1:52 pm said:

I’m a music creator my self in real life. I could make Christmas music and all kinds, but the Vita version is way to limited on sounds compared to what I was use to on ps3.

+ BlindMango on December 23rd, 2013 at 2:23 pm said:

It’s nice to see a developer unafraid of using the word “Christmas” on the PlayStation Blog, Merry Christmas Media Molecule! Tearaway was absolutely amazing, and also, I got the PLATINUM on it!! =D

+ DigiOps on December 23rd, 2013 at 6:39 pm said:

Oh my. I believe I will have to pick up the DC level kit.
Any news on an LBP coming to PS4?

+ Elvick_ on December 23rd, 2013 at 7:25 pm said:

Would love some Puppeteer costumes… and Knack costumes, and Killzone: Shadow Fall (Echo!) costumes.

Why there isn’t a pack for every first party release is beyond me.

PS: Love the DC Level Pack, one of the best ones for LBP2.

+ PlatformPro on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:28 pm said:

Zen Studios gave us a Happy Holidays.
Guerrilla Games gave us a Seasons Greetings.
Media Molecule gave us a Merry Christmas.

I’m betting on a Naughty Dog Happy Kwanzaa by tomorrow.

+ b1tters on December 24th, 2013 at 12:06 am said:

are these for lbp 1, 2 or vita?

+ idn86i on December 24th, 2013 at 1:53 am said:

Happy Holidays, LBP @ Mm! Love all your work and outstanding support throughout all these years!

@16

ND sent their holiday greetings already =P I believe it was a Happy Holidays~ We’re still missing the team from quanticdream! I would like to see the team that worked on Soul Sacrifice to drop by too >_<!

+ T40Rs731N on December 24th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

Can’t find the Winter Creator Kit on the US Store. The DC Pack is a blast: tons of content. Still disappointed that the items won’t categorize themselves. Hopefully that will be fixed in LBP3!

+ Welmosca on December 24th, 2013 at 11:44 pm said:

Hey Steven…where is the post of the DC goodies hu?…so US Blog readers get no love?……thats really sad….was wanting to see how much I could save by buying the season pass.

+ Sinistar83 on December 25th, 2013 at 5:29 pm said:

I thought there was a way to use the PS Vita as an extra controller/seconds screen in LBP 2 (or 1) on PS3? If I own copies of all 3 games, how do I make that happen? I didn’t see anything in the menus on it.

+ iceblue604 on December 27th, 2013 at 5:51 pm said:

Can anyone tell me where to find the free DLC? I can’t find it in the US store.

+ geroi1999 on December 30th, 2013 at 1:02 am said:

А у меня такой вопрос а вы можите вернуть суперсемейку?