PS4 - Destiny

New Trailer Revealed for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar + Posted by Mat Kishimoto on Dec 23, 2013 // Associate Product Manager, Square Enix

In case you thought we were done with Kingdom Hearts news for the year, you thought wrong!
As a holiday present to you all, and on behalf of the Square Enix team, I’m happy to unveil the next Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX trailer.

Picking up from where Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX ends, this trailer continues the journey of awesomeness and is chock full of some of your favorite characters like Roxas, Xehanort, Aurora from Sleeping Beauty, Terra, young Hercules, King Mickey, as well as Captain Jack Sparrow — just to name a few. The trailer spans over the three titles bundled in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX.

If that wasn’t enough, we’ve also got a slew of brand new screenshots.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIXKingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX

Click here to see the full gallery

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX is the follow-up compilation to Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX. It’ll be available exclusively on PS3 and include the following titles:

• Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix — previously on PS2 and exclusive to Japan.
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix — previously on the PSP and exclusive to Japan.
  • Kingdom Hearts Re:coded — HD remastered cinematics.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX is available for pre-order here.

We hope 2013 has been as fun for you as it’s been for us. So, from all of us at Square Enix, happy holidays… and here’s to more Kingdom Hearts in 2014!

PAGE 1 2

+ QuebecSuperstar on December 23rd, 2013 at 7:04 pm said:

I have yet to play a Kingdom Heart game but I’ll make sure to buy the 1.5 ReMIX when I pick up my PS3 in a couple of days.

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

+ Mat Kishimoto on December 23rd, 2013 at 7:13 pm said:

Glad to hear and we hope you enjoy it!

+ StormTimber on December 23rd, 2013 at 7:05 pm said:

this looks awesome!

+ BlaqMagiq24 on December 23rd, 2013 at 7:06 pm said:

Day 1 and hope there’s a limited edition just like 1.5.

+ freshprincepbg on December 23rd, 2013 at 7:08 pm said:

Please do another artbook cover for this game, otherwise my Kingdom Hearts 1.5 game would look weird.

+ freshprincepbg on December 23rd, 2013 at 7:10 pm said:

Also didn’t Birth By Sleep had multiplayer? Will that be in this game?

+ D-Squad3 on December 23rd, 2013 at 7:10 pm said:

My heart dropped for second because I thought it was a new trailer for Kingdom Hearts III.

+ Butters360 on December 23rd, 2013 at 7:11 pm said:

God this just makes me want Kingdom Hearts III THAT much more!

+ Elvick_ on December 23rd, 2013 at 7:14 pm said:

Get hype.

+ Teh_AKOD on December 23rd, 2013 at 7:19 pm said:

Day 1 purchase. As a long time fan of this game, seeing my two favorite entries of the series in a single package makes me really happy.

Are there any plans of a Vita release of anything Kingdom Hearts?

+ Dragun619 on December 23rd, 2013 at 7:27 pm said:

I’m going to pre order this on Amazon but I hope you guys @ SE do another Limited Edition again.

+ brawlbull on December 23rd, 2013 at 7:29 pm said:

Awesome! Seems like it’ll be here in no time, I just hope they do a collectors edition like they did with X-X2 THROUGH AMAZON (called digital river directly to order days ago and still haven’t received an order confirmation email). Also, it would be great if the coliseum mode in BBS was online enables.

+ RCU005 on December 23rd, 2013 at 7:35 pm said:

I didn’t get to play Birth by Sleep, but I imagine the controls were different. How will controls be adapted on the PS3?

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

+ Mat Kishimoto on December 23rd, 2013 at 7:44 pm said:

We aren’t quite ready to share all the nitty gritty details of how the controls will transition from the PSP to PS3, but soon RCU005. Soon.

+ lemmingwarrior on December 23rd, 2013 at 7:38 pm said:

thank you for something to play before the floods of march

+ DuoMaxwell007 on December 23rd, 2013 at 7:51 pm said:

yeah the main reason im getting this game is for birth by sleep.. i have it on PSP but i can not play with those psp controls for the life of me so Im hoping playing it on a ps3 controller will make it playable for me… i dont care about KH2 or coded as I have them on ps2 and DS and played them already bit I do want birth by sleep (which if they released a digital version of it i could buy it on vita and configure it to play on vita with proper controls instead of getting 2.5 but nooooo).

+ LX_Theo on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:01 pm said:

I have a question… Why doesn’t the trailer say Final Mix in it? The Japanese version of this trailer does. You’re also saying in the blog that it is Final Mix as well. I guess I’m confused by that.

+ PZDugna on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:02 pm said:

Man 2014 is going to be an awesome year for JRPGS :D and this is one of the main reasons! Cannot wait for this to be released played KH2 to death when I had it as a kid and shall beat it 100% this new year ^.^

+ Ooze33 on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:08 pm said:

Any plans for this to get a PS4 release too or will it be staying exclusive to PS3?

+ Stranger_Eddie on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:32 pm said:

Square Enix … again…. NO plans for digital version! … NO plans for Vita version… NO a SIMPLE BBS FINAL MIX for PSP fans out of Japan more than 3 YEARS AFTER LAUNCHED!…

AGAIN… you don´t listen what your fans are asking for you!

… so….. YES, MILLIONS DOLLARS OUT OFF YOUR POCKET!

WHEN you, Square Enix, will going to LISTEN what MILLIONS of Kingdom Hearts fans around the world are telling for you? WHEN?

+ Jet_Cobra on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:40 pm said:

1. I hope we get an artbook limited edition like the first one so that a lot of us who got the 1.5 limited edition can have both looking good side by side , please let this happen

2. I wish we could get more info on a release date than just “soon”

+ xClayMeow on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:46 pm said:

I’ve never played a KH game and do not own a PS3. Please please please bring 1.5 and 2.5 to the Vita!

Squenix, the Vita market may not seem huge compared to other platforms, but the buying habits of Vita owners make up for that and I know so many people are yearning for a KH game on Vita.

+ Ratchet544 on December 23rd, 2013 at 9:08 pm said:

I love kingdom hearts, can’t wait for 2.5 remix also it’s Final Mix!!! I’m very glad to hear that we are getting it ^^

+ FearMonkey on December 23rd, 2013 at 9:08 pm said:

When are we getting this???

WHEN?!? T_T

+ lisatsunami on December 23rd, 2013 at 9:13 pm said:

Hi, Mat: No complaints or demands from me, just happy appreciation and excitement. I will get this and would pony up for a CE with art book, steel case, soundtrack, figurine of Sora, pocketwatch, whatever SE can dream up, I’ll buy. Merry Christmas!!

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

+ Mat Kishimoto on December 24th, 2013 at 11:38 am said:

Whoa that’s a lot of stuff! We’re excited you’re excited!

+ PAFenix on December 23rd, 2013 at 9:51 pm said:

Any news on releasing Dream Drop Distance as a stand-alone HD digital release similar to what Castlevania: Mirror of Fate, or Assassin’s Creed: Liberation did? :3

+ freshprincepbg on December 23rd, 2013 at 9:59 pm said:

Yea! Playstation nation needs to play Dream Drop Distance as well. I would buy an HD remix of that.

+ RoyalXIII on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:10 pm said:

CHRISTMAS TOWN COSTUMES!
LIMIT FORM!
DODGE ROLL!
ROXAS BOSS FIGHT
CAVERN OF REMEMBRANCE!
CROWN!
MUSHROOM XIII!
SECRET BOSSES!
NEW KEYBLADES!
RIGHT ANALOG STICK CAMERA CONTROL FOR BbS!
AND SO MUCH MORE!!!!

+ snakeman07 on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:17 pm said:

I’m currently playing 1.5 and am beyond STOKED for 2.5! I hope it hits early/mid next year! I never finished BBS on PSP, so I’m excited to do it now.

+ KHgaMeR55 on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:34 pm said:

omg i cannot wait for this!
but i thought 358/2 days would have been on this too anyways i hope there’s a limited edition
anyone know if its up for preorder at gamestop?

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

+ Mat Kishimoto on December 24th, 2013 at 11:39 am said:

KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days was featured in KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX! :)

+ StarOcean2nd on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:47 pm said:

Just finished KH 1.5 and I’m waiting for this!

Yay for KH II and BBS both Final Mix~

+ pikmin44 on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:54 pm said:

I just got 1.5 HD remix for my Birthday a few days ago and now i just need to get 2.5 HD remix when its out! Really looking forward to playing Birth By Sleep since its the only Kingdom Hearts game i’ve yet to play.

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

+ Mat Kishimoto on December 24th, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

You are in for a world of awesome with KINGDOM HEARTS Birth By Sleep FINAL MIX!

+ gryffindor1028 on December 24th, 2013 at 12:01 am said:

off-topic: the playstation europe team has their 12 deals of christmas and, boy, i’m just so envious of the great discounts our european ps brethrens have with all the games churned out. don’t you guys have that same/similar kind of christmas gift for your ps US diehards?

+ PrinceofXIII on December 24th, 2013 at 12:57 am said:

I have a feeling they’ll be making the LE a Exclusive BS Square Enix NA store only.

also i wished this game indeed had a Vita version as well as Dual Audio(Disney characters are better in English, but Kingdom Heart characters are much better in Japanese)

what a missed opportunity Square Enix.

let’s just hope they put a 1.5+2.5 HD collection on PS Vita soon!

+ Monterossa on December 24th, 2013 at 1:01 am said:

ewww another Nomura’s game.

+ djsaiyan on December 24th, 2013 at 1:28 am said:

I am super all up on this. Birth By Sleep is easily the best in the series (so far), with KH2 a close second. Getting both of them together? And it’s not even my birthday!

I second doing another artbook cover for this one so it fits with KH 1.5 HD ReMix on my shelf. And I’d also like to see a standalone HD release of Dream Drop Distance. It’d be weird having every single KH game on one platform except for that one.

I mean I own the platform/game already, but my preference will always be for Playstation.

+ Amir_G_M_US on December 24th, 2013 at 2:29 am said:

Oh Lord… I am so glad these games (Kingdom Hearts 1+2 with Final Fantasy X/X-2) are coming back
these were the BEST PS2 games

and it’s definitely worth every cent I am to spend

+ Mister-Nep on December 24th, 2013 at 3:40 am said:

These are my two favorite games in the series. Being re-released with more content and in HD format. I’M SO HAPPY!

+ kronos25 on December 24th, 2013 at 6:19 am said:

Sony, you had me at Birth by Sleep Final Mix. BBS was an amazing game on the PSP and I can only imagine how great it will be with dual analog controls, if Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker HD is anything to go by. This will truly go well along side my copy of 1.5 HD and seeing Aqua in HD will be fantastic!

+ Mando44646 on December 24th, 2013 at 6:34 am said:

I love Kingdom Hearts, though I wish Square was supporting the current gen console by releasing on PS4 as well. Or at least also on Vita like with FFX

+ The12thGripper on December 24th, 2013 at 6:46 am said:

Anything on Online Multiplayer? Please?

+ noctis07_ on December 24th, 2013 at 8:53 am said:

I wanted ths game so badly for ps vita. Please square enix a little bit of support for our beloved vita.

+ stlthriot on December 24th, 2013 at 9:01 am said:

This is absolutely fantastic, especially the inclusion of Birth By Sleep! Can’t wait! :D

+ MOCHIIIx on December 24th, 2013 at 10:10 am said:

Can’t wait for this game.. :d

+ Icestar10 on December 24th, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

I really would like to have Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 on the PS4. That way, we can have all the Kingdom Hearts games (excluding Dream Drop Distance) on the PS4. I also would like to have Dream Drop Distance on the PS4 as well so we can have the whole series all on one console. That would be nice! :)

+ XxDeathDaKiddxX on December 24th, 2013 at 10:33 am said:

Kingdom Hearts 2. My favorite PS2 game of all time. It will make a glorious return in HD and I will hold it in my hands. Soon, my friends. Soon.

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

+ Mat Kishimoto on December 24th, 2013 at 1:24 pm said:

Thanks for your continued patience! Soon? Soon.

+ x_PlaTtiNuM on December 24th, 2013 at 12:02 pm said:

mat please reply! I’ve been asking for some kingdom hearts avatars for a long time alot of fans want them so can you please put some on the psn store PLEASE!!

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

+ Mat Kishimoto on December 24th, 2013 at 1:25 pm said:

I’ve definitely heard you and many others :)

At this time, we have nothing announced or available for KINGDOM HEARTS avatars on PSN.

+ stlthriot on December 24th, 2013 at 12:21 pm said:

Is there any possible chance we will see a digital release of 2.5 and 1.5 on the PSN Store? :)

+ Snookies1 on December 24th, 2013 at 1:03 pm said:

@33 – Stop trolling, thanks.

Cannot wait for this. I’ve played through KH2 Final Mix and it was amazing! I absolutely loved all the extra boss fights. They’re just too fun. Played through all of BBS as well, though never got a chance to get a copy of Final Mix imported… I will definitely be looking forward to it.

This is a day one buy, no questions asked. I loved 1.5, but I’ve been REALLY waiting for 2.5. Been with the series since the first game came out, and I will continue to stick with it as long as it continues. Happy holidays guys! Oh also, as others are saying. If SE would even simply ‘consider’ a Vita version of these games. I would GLADLY pay for them again to have them on the go. That would be like a dream…

+ secularsage on December 24th, 2013 at 1:41 pm said:

Mat – I love, Love, LOVE that we’re not only getting KH: Birth By Sleep Final Mix in the US after all this time, but in its HD glory along with KH II Final Mix.

Here are a few questions you probably can’t answer, but which KH fans like myself would love to know!

1) What are our chances of seeing this series on the Vita, either as ports of the PS3 releases or as a continuation or side story like the PSP/DS/3DS games?

2) Are we going to see a PS3 update and re-release of KH: Dream Drop Distance prior to the release of KH3?

3) Is there any chance Birth by Sleep’s PSP edition will one day be available on the Vita via PSN? (As I’m sure Square Enix knows, this game, along with Crisis Core, FF Type-0 and Valkyrie Profile, is highly desired by US fans).

Thanks!

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

+ Mat Kishimoto on December 24th, 2013 at 2:47 pm said:

Hi secularsage!

We’re glad you’re hyped for the FINAL MIX versions of the game being brought over to the states as well!

We only have information about KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX for now.

+ Russian_Fury on December 24th, 2013 at 2:35 pm said:

What do you mean “coming 2014″, the games already been out like 7 years. Quit stalling, bring 3, or lose a fan.

+ noctis07_ on December 24th, 2013 at 2:57 pm said:

Pleas bring it to PS VITA!!

PAGE 1 2