Driveclub

PS Plus: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Free on Vita for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Dec 23, 2013 // Sr. Community Specialist

This week, PlayStation Plus members can take to an ever-changing race track when Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed enters the PS Vita Instant Game Collection. The ‘transformed’ part references the fact that your go kart isn’t always cemented to the pavement – if your route should all of a sudden require your little kart to, say, fly, it will. Yep, your vehicle is constantly morphing back and forth between kart, plane and boat, so you’ll have to master each type if you want to win.

You can download Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed on PS Vita and take advantage of all these PS Plus discounts after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 12/24.

PlayStation Plus Update 12-23-2013

Become a PlayStation Plus member

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

PlayStation Plus Update 12-23-2013
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members

Sonic and the All-Stars cast line up on the starting grid once again to battle for supremacy in the ultimate race. It’s not just racing, it’s Racing Transformed! Bonus Edition also includes extra racer Metal Sonic, and bonus Outrun track!

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Dragon Fantasy II $7.34 $14.99
Dragon Fantasy II Vita $7.34 $14.99
Hotline Miami $1.49 $9.99
Hotline Miami Vita $1.49 $9.99
DIABLO III $35.19 $59.99

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ DEVIL-TAKOYAKI on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:01 am said:

Thanks Sony.

+ GalatasarayEken on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

Thanks guys :) but tbh I was going to get a $20 psn card tomorrow, only to have $30, if Diablo III was $30 I would’ve got that :/ now I have to see what I can buy

+ gaxtonet_53 on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

great discount of hotline miami!. is proteus good?

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on December 23rd, 2013 at 9:18 am said:

Yeah that’s a crazy good deal on Hotline Miami. Proteus is good; but it’s a game more about exploration than crazy action or anyhting. So if you’re looking for something kinda laid back, different, and has a really unique visual style; I’d recommend it. Just remember, it’s all about exploration; with really cool music

+ Ryumoau on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Yay! i was actually expecting Sonic All stars the last week of this month, but getting it tomorrow is much better! :D

The sales this week is kinda week, selection wise. Dragon fantasy 2 is the only one that interests me. Hope there are other sales tomorrow besides the plus discounts. I’d love alot of new cheap games to buy and play during christmas break.

+ Dagunk on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

i want that Diablo !!! Good update !!!

+ jonjon0890 on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

I’ve been waiting for Castle of Illsuions to be on sale.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on December 23rd, 2013 at 1:38 pm said:

Glad this worked out for you then :)

+ SuperLobster_79 on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

While I do appreciate the continuous free games, it’s been kind of a so-so end to the Holiday deals. No must-haves, and the couple big titles I would have been interested in only had a fraction of a discount. Guess Steam and their insane deals are going to get the brunt of my money for the rest of the year.

+ Tim81DE on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!

Can someone explain the Dragon Fantasy Book bundle to me? Do you get both for PS3 and Vita?

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on December 23rd, 2013 at 9:32 am said:

Yeah; both of those games are cross buy so the bundle will get you both DF games and you can download on PS3 or PS Vita; or both!

+ Satnamji on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

Happy Holidays, everyone!

+ Electromagnus on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

Thanks Plus team :) I just Platted Soul Sacrifice (94th one) So I look forward to playing Sonic on my Vita.
Kristine, is SASRT the bonus edition? I didn’t read it anywhere in the post.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on December 23rd, 2013 at 9:24 am said:

Not sure if it’s a bonus edition of the game, but if I had to guess, I’d say it’s the regular version.

+ deanjdl on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

Hmmm, can’t want for that sonic tho’!!!! Good show Sony!

+ auggiebrr on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

I was really expecting better sales… Thanks Kristine.

+ Electromagnus on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

Oh, and an early Merry. Christmas :)

+ GalatasarayEken on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

I must also say that “The Last of Us” is on sale for Europe :( was so looking forward to that, but I will get my $20 psn card tomorrow & wait to see if there will be a flash sale on Friday (for the weekend)

+ surachoke on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

sweet :)

+ kingenvy on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

Finally a sale week with nothing for me ;) my wallets been taking a beating

+ War_Machida on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

There are no good deals for me, but at least Sonic Racing Transformed is pretty cool!

+ RoxasDingo on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

Man oh man guys! I asked you last week for a borderlands 2 dlc sale and about dates for another Diablo III sale (since i missed the flash sale), and you guys have delivered!!! Not only did i get the Borderlands 2 Season pass last week, but i am glad i missed the diablo sale, since this one is better!!!
Thank you always from the bottom of my heart Sony!! You just made this gamer’s Christmas so much sweeter!!
Also, is the Epic Mickey 2 sale for the vita version??

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on December 23rd, 2013 at 1:57 pm said:

The Epic Mickey Sale is for the PS3 verison only. Hope you have a nice holiday!

+ rjejr on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

Thanks for Sonic. Cant tell you how many times I almost bought or rented that over the past year, now I get to be glad I waited. Should keep us busy until MK8 comes out next year. Still need to finsih LBPK fist though.

PS+, it s good to be back.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on December 23rd, 2013 at 9:25 am said:

good to have you back! ^__^

+ Teflon02 on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

I need to get dragon fantasy 2, and if that mickey 2 is the vita one, I might as well get it also. I already had sonic since release. I’m assuming these PS+ getters don’t get Metal Sonic and Outrun? Cause I’d love to play outrun with ppl, I hate that it isn’t in ranked races

+ Teflon02 on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

@8, yeah, they are both cross-buy titles so the bundle is suppose to be the same

+ jonjon0890 on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

@18
I think it’s the PS3 Version on sale.
If it is the Vita version, it would of said Epic Mickey Two: The Power of Two Vita

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on December 23rd, 2013 at 1:58 pm said:

You are correct, it is the PS3 version only. :)

+ mvillatoro on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:17 am said:

Did Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two will not be in supply for PS Vita?

+ Kratos1412 on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:17 am said:

Why does Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two (psvita )have no discount,?T-T

+ StealthReborn– on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

Hey Kristine, Morgan and team,

Just wanted to wish you guys a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Thanks for the PS+ update, great was usual! =)

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on December 23rd, 2013 at 9:26 am said:

Much appreciated thank you and hope you enjoy the holidays as well!

+ carlpain on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

Nothing for me this week. It’ll be nice if Sony does a “Countdown to 201X” sale. Just like the one MS is doing. It’s pointless to name Steam because it is already a fact.

+ abuelo89 on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

Not the best week for Ps plus and considering it es christmas i expected a lot more

+ kcku0527 on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

Great Sale, Kristine!!! I am gonna find it really hard to decide what to spend my Christmas funds on. I just bought all three of the PS4 flash sale games yesterday. I am seriously gonna need to get a second job to keep up with PS4 releases and all the great sales constantly happening. Diablo III, Dragon Fantasy II, and Duck Tales Remastered for me this week. Thanks again and happy holidays to the whole Sony blogger family.

+ Cancerebro on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

Ducktales, Castle of Illusion and Epic Mickey 2 were on my radar for some time now. Thank you!

+ ioshi_US on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:22 am said:

PS Vita Holiday Sale
Reg 1 = Indie, Indie ,Indie, Indie, Indie, Indie, Indie
Reg 2 = FIFA 14, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Dead or Alive 5 Plus, Persona 4, Rayman Legends , The Walking Dead, Soul Sacrifice, Killzone Mercenary

+ JimmyHACK on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:24 am said:

Epic Mickey 2 sale for Vita version as well?

+ jayrabbit on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

was so glad to get sonic racing on the pc, and really look forward to playing it on the console

+ Mad-Dominator0 on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

Please put Persona 4 Golden on sale next week SONY! If Europe gets it this week then why can’t it be the same for us? You guys won me over every week besides this week with your amazing sales. Would have bought Diablo 3 today but I purchased Tearaway and Soul Calibur 2 HD on Friday.

+ Mad-Dominator0 on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:30 am said:

Persona 4 Golden sale next week SONY!!! Give us a amazing sale and end this year with a bang!!! Happy Holidays to everyone at SONY!

+ rioskenny on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

When we will be able to buy games we where given for free with plus, i have hotline miami free but i would like to buy it and have it forever at that price.

+ SiriusCJS on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:37 am said:

Any idea if Diablo 3 will have a PS4 upgrade option? I’d love to jump aboard, but not if the PS4 version is around the corner.

+ ISLAND-THUNDER on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:45 am said:

Sales have been super lackluster for US so far which is a bit disappointing and it seems a huge amount of PSP and PSone titles went on sale a week or two ago with no announcement, which sucks :(

But these new PS+ games should be fun at least

+ Ryumoau on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:48 am said:

@36 i’m hoping for a discount on the ps4 version as well, for those of us who bought Diablo 3 on psn.

+ Osui818 on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

Sweet! I kinda want ragnarok odyssey.

Spelling ?
Dragaon Frantasy II Vita $7.34 $14.99

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on December 23rd, 2013 at 1:32 pm said:

That’s how all the cool kids spell it ;)

+ xFuzylilManPeach on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

Dragon Fantasy Book 1&2 are great. Anyone thinking of getting them should.

and @Tim81DE, buying it for your PS3 or PS Vita entitles you to the other version as well.

+ Welmosca on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:53 am said:

Yay been waiting to try out this Sonic racing thanks Sony…..also I’m getting Castle of Illusion…ha damn good discount can’t miss it….should’ve made the same price for Ducktales.Oh well…I’m good with Sonic and Mickey.

Loving these discounts..keep it up the good work.

+ Sonicfan11589 on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:54 am said:

Will there be a $10 upgrade to the PS4 version of Diablo 3 if i buy the PS3 version and would my data carry over?

+ Sonicfan11589 on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:55 am said:

I already own Sonic Racing for Vita and Wii U, the Vita version is just as fun despite the graphics being not as good. Great kart racing game to have on the Vita.

+ viceforce on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:57 am said:

Will definitely be picking up Dragon Fantasy II. The first one really got me into it. Hope there’s 3,4 or maybe 5 coming out soon.

Merry Christmas Sony and Happy New Years.

+ Blood-Pudding on December 23rd, 2013 at 8:58 am said:

Epic Mickey 2 Sale! Was waiting on that. May also get Proteus.

+ Mad-Dominator0 on December 23rd, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

Sup Blood-Pudding! Please let this not be the final sale of December because I really want a Persona 4 Golden discount. Please!!!

+ RoII_chan on December 23rd, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

Proteus, gotta be mine! =)

+ RulitoCR on December 23rd, 2013 at 9:08 am said:

Thanks for the update but this is the worst week this month!!

Well, let’s wait for the last update of the year!!

+ RpgSama on December 23rd, 2013 at 9:08 am said:

I want my persona 4 sale!!!! and if anyone doesn’t have Hotline Miami please buy it for Vita, is AMAZING!!!, just yesterday got the platinum for it. Greatest game in some time, for real, and play it with headphones like it recomends, it really changes the experience…

+ TriP6963 on December 23rd, 2013 at 9:11 am said:

Any chance of getting a heads up on the New Years week sale? Is there going to be more sales on the 31?

PAGE 1 2 3 5