PS4-Infamous

PS Plus: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Free on Vita for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Dec 23, 2013 // Sr. Community Specialist

This week, PlayStation Plus members can take to an ever-changing race track when Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed enters the PS Vita Instant Game Collection. The ‘transformed’ part references the fact that your go kart isn’t always cemented to the pavement – if your route should all of a sudden require your little kart to, say, fly, it will. Yep, your vehicle is constantly morphing back and forth between kart, plane and boat, so you’ll have to master each type if you want to win.

You can download Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed on PS Vita and take advantage of all these PS Plus discounts after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 12/24.

PlayStation Plus Update 12-23-2013

Become a PlayStation Plus member

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

PlayStation Plus Update 12-23-2013
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members

Sonic and the All-Stars cast line up on the starting grid once again to battle for supremacy in the ultimate race. It’s not just racing, it’s Racing Transformed! Bonus Edition also includes extra racer Metal Sonic, and bonus Outrun track!

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Dragon Fantasy II $7.34 $14.99
Dragon Fantasy II Vita $7.34 $14.99
Hotline Miami $1.49 $9.99
Hotline Miami Vita $1.49 $9.99
DIABLO III $35.19 $59.99

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

+ Mad-Dominator0 on December 23rd, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

Please Kristine let everyone know over at Sony that we want a Persona 4 Golden sale. Your Tearaway sale was so good and unexpected since I don’t even own a Vita yet but I still went ahead and got it anyways.

+ TigerStealth on December 23rd, 2013 at 9:21 am said:

Thanks!

My vita IGC wish list:
- Sly Cooper thieves in time
- The Walking Dead season 1
- Velocity Ultra

+ boomstickbhg on December 23rd, 2013 at 9:27 am said:

It’s xmas and boxing day week and we get the weakest/worst line up from the Holiday sale?

Shouldn’t this week have the best/most sales?

EU region got great deals, particularly on Vita games we don’t. Xbox and Steam are doing good sales. Don’t you want to match that and make money?

Oh well, nothing to check for me this week when the store updates, guess all my xmas money is going to another game company.

+ GalatasarayEken on December 23rd, 2013 at 9:32 am said:

I still want The Last of Us sale :( Europe got it WITH the SEASON PASS for a discount price!! wtf man :/ I’m still torn about it, I really expected a lot of great sales this week and we get the weakest sale out of all 4 atm :/ with that said at least add The Walking Dead season pass :(

so much for boxing day & holidays :(

+ jonjon0890 on December 23rd, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

@51 Persona 4 Golden was on sale for $19.99 in October & November.

+ woofsy on December 23rd, 2013 at 9:37 am said:

As far as sales, nothing for me this week. I might make that jump on Dragon Fantasy if the bundle was offered for the Vita at that same price.

Looking forward to trying Sonic Racing :)

+ rocavi_cr on December 23rd, 2013 at 9:38 am said:

Why Castle of Illusion has no discount in PS Store?

+ Joeltron3030 on December 23rd, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

What happened to the flash sale? I went to buy Tearaway and its back to normal price. I thought the sale ran through Monday. Lame Sony…whats the point of a 2 day sale

+ Themagueyproject on December 23rd, 2013 at 9:44 am said:

Dear Sony,
Please make this New Years resolution: In 2014 we will put Dark Cloud 1 and 2, and all 3 Xenosaga’s on the PSN because you love us very much and we want to give you our money.

+ CraddaPoosta on December 23rd, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

I went through my entire list of PS+ downloads since I first became a subscriber last November. In roughly 13 months, these are the only games that I would actually play that came “free” with my paid subscription:

Wild Arms
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Soul Sacrifice
Grid 2
Borderlands 2
Gravity Rush
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

26 games, total. For a one-time investment of $29.99, I’d say my PS+ subscription is well worth it, even if we didn’t get any new games added for months.

That said, aside from its obvious value, it would still be cool to receive more PSOne games and Vita titles, and far, far, far fewer indie selections. But, overall, I am quite pleased with the library offered in my first year as a subscriber. Definitely blows everything Microsoft offers out of the water.

+ CrusaderForever on December 23rd, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

Awesome game! Cannot wait to try this out on my Vita. Thanks Sony!

Happy Holidays Playstation Faithful!

+ nelmo26 on December 23rd, 2013 at 10:04 am said:

@GalatasarayEken

The Last of Us is one of the greatest game of this generation. No offense, but it’s pretty silly that you are complaining about not having the proper discount when it was at 39.99 a while ago. It’s probably the best game you will play, just buy it for Christ sake.

+ Kitzunestarwind on December 23rd, 2013 at 10:16 am said:

I have some question.

Why Vita user didn’t get instant collection same amount as PS3 ?
As we pay for the subscription same price as PS3 but we only get 6 game in instant collection (which 3 of them didn’t change for a years)

I feel the subscription isn’t worth enough for Vita user, even games on sale there are very few.

+ etherealbehemoth on December 23rd, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

Dragon Fantasy Book 1 and 2 on sale on PS Plus as a bundle tomorrow for $8.39!! Glad I waited to get them! :D….hope those are for PS3. o.O

+ YungShep on December 23rd, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

sonic all stars for me <3 good deal on diablo III too….holding off til the ps4 version come out

+ freshprincepbg on December 23rd, 2013 at 10:25 am said:

I boyght stuff on PSN store last 4 weeks, this looks like a week off for me :(

Cmon Sony, give me a suprise sale tomorrow, I want to give you my money

+ DragonusFirus on December 23rd, 2013 at 10:41 am said:

To post 57: Did you actually read the blog? It said, “You can download Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and take advantage of all these PS Plus discounts after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 12/24.”

+ joaryche on December 23rd, 2013 at 10:45 am said:

epic mickey 2? ps3 or vita version on sale?

+ miamiguel on December 23rd, 2013 at 10:46 am said:

So the Sonic game is only for Vita?

+ ZigNoff on December 23rd, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

This sale is awful come on there are hundreds of other games to sell, Tales of Graces F, and Xillia, Way of the Samurai 4, tons of ps1 and ps2 classics for crying out loud already…

+ YungShep on December 23rd, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

IS THAT EPIC MICKEY 2 FOR VITA OR PS3???

+ CHARLIE79 on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:04 am said:

That free PS+ Sonic game only a Vita??? Aller chier tabarnac de criss a Sony!

CONCENTRATE ON WHAT IS WORKING, PS3 & PS4!!!!!!

+ bt1234567892010 on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:05 am said:

looking forward to Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed, and I may pick up Dragon Fantasy 1, if I had a penny more I’d get Castle of Illusion, the only game in that series I played was World of Illusion with Mickey and Donald.

+ dodgedoors on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

I too would like to know if there is a sale next tuesday.

+ iceblue604 on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

Isn’t Hotline Miami free on PS Plus just not long ago?

Gonna pick up some Disneys for family X’mas!!

+ OmegaDyne on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:19 am said:

It’s great to see Sonic & All-Stars Racing FINALLY arriving at the back-end of December, but where is our promised DECEMBER release of Urban Freestyle? I specifically paid for PS+ after I bought a Vita during Black Friday, and now almost the entirety of December has been used up waiting for one game, and the second game that was promised is nowhere to be found. Pretty shoddy, Sony of NA.

+ Dangisuckatgamin on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:21 am said:

Any chance of getting more PS3 games each m onth instead of Vita?

+ Dangisuckatgamin on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:22 am said:

“Why Vita user didn’t get instant collection same amount as PS3 ?”
Because it didn’t sell good at all, most people waited for it to drop in price which just hurts their revenue overall.

I know i’ll never own one unless I get it free, too much like my psp.

+ berlaitada on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:22 am said:

What terrible TERRIBLE deals, apart from hotline miami that is a must for those of you who didn’t get it for free on plus a while back. Oh and the EU special sale for The Last of Us is a laugh also (29.99€ about 37$) since you can get it used now for 20$ or even less and I’ve seen it on sale on some online shops from 25 to 30 bucks.

Really dissapointing as far as X-mas presents go…thanks for the sweater SONY.

+ Dangisuckatgamin on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

“That said, aside from its obvious value, it would still be cool to receive more PSOne games and Vita titles”
Why? I could understand maybe one PSONE game every few months but Vita having one game a month is ENOUGH

+ Skyyplum on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:30 am said:

I have to laugh at anyone complaining about the sales this week. At least you get sales and free games, those of us on PS4 get nothing and if you ask anyone at Sony why, you get the silent treatment on here.

+ snakeman07 on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:32 am said:

@#56 Both Dragon Fantasy’s are naturally cross-buy, so buying the bundle will get you both games for both systems.

+ Ace-Steven on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:32 am said:

Vita IGC have been stuck with Uncharted,Gravity Rush and Wipeout2048 for too long already. Please give us some new games in 2014.

+ TomHoang on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:38 am said:

Dragon Fantasy Book II for me! Been wanting to play this game because I loved the first one.

+ KrisButtar on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:45 am said:

Dragon Fantasy Book I & II (bundle) is that cross buy?

+ xIchigo-94 on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:51 am said:

Are those discounts only for PS+ ?

+ tusunami on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:52 am said:

These sales were dynamite, I was able to pickup some great games on a budget!!!!!!!!!!!

+ FearMonkey on December 23rd, 2013 at 11:57 am said:

I just picked up the Sonic game on Steam a couple weeks ago. Guess I’ll get a second copy for free. woot.

+ DeeBG on December 23rd, 2013 at 12:08 pm said:

@39 Ragnarok Odyssey is a sure thing for the IGC, however I wouldn’t expect to see it before March. The reason I say that is because Xseed is coming out with Ragnarok Odyssey ACE mid-February 2014 in NA, which is an enhanced version of the original game (original DLC is cross compatible for ACE gamers if anyone was wondering). Of course it’s possible that Xseed will release the original game as a promotional tool, however since they share so many elements, I think it’s more likely that we’ll see a heavily discounted version of the over one year old game instead.

Thanks for the great perks PS+ team. When it comes to multiplatform gaming I almost always snag the title for PC unless there is some value to me to have it on a Sony console, as Steam + Steam-redeemable sales from places like Amazon and Humble Bundle are able to offer great deals and normally the best looking games. However Sony has some of the best exclusives, esp. from Japan (whether imported or localized, which made it very easy to dismiss the Xbox One over the PS4… I just hope a patch for 3D Blu-Ray playback comes in soon, heh my PS3 still has some tricks to teach it’s older brother).

+ remanutd5 on December 23rd, 2013 at 1:01 pm said:

Sonic&All Stars Racing Transformed is imo one of the best psvita games so far, hopefully more people will play online now

+ Amir_G_M_US on December 23rd, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

Why do you always keep the Vita game for the end of the month?
It’s more fair to make a rotation in turns

And can’t you give me a peace of mind by telling us what are January games already?

+ cleriston17 on December 23rd, 2013 at 1:17 pm said:

It is the Season Pass for The Walking Dead will come out this year yet?

+ Amir_G_M_US on December 23rd, 2013 at 1:23 pm said:

Can we have music on the PS VITA, when we launch a game? Just like the PS3 and PSP menu?
it’s way “cooler” than the boring depressing devastating PS Vita background music

+ megacarlos on December 23rd, 2013 at 1:28 pm said:

:( though there would be some good deals on the last week too bad i guess santa is tired

+ CrashSpyro on December 23rd, 2013 at 1:46 pm said:

Why do you guys refuse to list the non-PS+ sale prices for the Holiday Sale stuff? It was there for the first two weeks, but this is the second straight week without that bit of information.

+ pikmin44 on December 23rd, 2013 at 1:54 pm said:

I’ll definitely be downloading this when it’s out! And Happy Holidays to everyone at Sony!

+ a1_re4 on December 23rd, 2013 at 1:56 pm said:

Still no Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon sale :/

+ PrimeroIncognito on December 23rd, 2013 at 1:59 pm said:

Awesome update, as usual.

@ CraddaPoosta

Hey, you said something positive for once. Good for you. I knew you had it in you.

+ mangosteam on December 23rd, 2013 at 2:05 pm said:

i wish malicious rebirth in ps vita is on sale this week.

+ goldenknight01 on December 23rd, 2013 at 2:36 pm said:

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, but my left analog stick is screwed up and i don’t know how to fix. :(