Far Cry 4

PlayStation Plus: Don’t Starve & DmC Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Jan 06, 2014 // Sr. Community Specialist

It’s officially 2014, and if you checked out our preview post and video last month you’ll know that means mega awesome titles are coming soon! Tomorrow our Plus members will be able to download both Don’t Starve on PlayStation 4 and DMC Devil May Cry on PlayStation 3. Don’t Starve is deceptively cute, so don’t be fooled, this is a hardcore survival simulator. You (as a Gentleman Scientist) will need to gather, hunt and build in order to stay alive in this mysterious land.

DmC Devil May Cry refreshes the story of Dante and gives him a bit of a makeover, but the combat is still as action-packed as you’d expect from a DMC title. Dante still packs his pistols Ebony & Ivory as well as his blade Rebellion, and you’ll have to switch back and forth from Angel and Demon mode in order to rack up your massive combos.

You can download Don’t Starve and DmC Devil May Cry as well as take advantage of all these PS Plus discounts after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 1/7.

PlayStation Plus Update 1-6-2014

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Don’t Starve (PS4)

Free for PS Plus members

PlayStation Plus Update 1-6-2014
Don’t Starve: Console Edition is an uncompromising wilderness survival game full of science and magic. You play as Wilson, an intrepid Gentleman Scientist who has been trapped by a demon and transported to a mysterious wilderness world. Wilson must learn to exploit his environment and its inhabitants if he ever hopes to escape and find his way back home.
DMC Devil May Cry (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members

PlayStation Plus Update 1-6-2014
In a society corrupted by demons only The Order can see the world for what it really is. Join Dante in the ultimate experience of stylish action chain together combo after combo with panache and dispatch demonic spawn back to hell – reveal the truth behind the lies. Explore Dante’s dark past encountering some the most familiar faces in the DmC universe. Call upon unimaginable powers combined with Dante’s epic arsenal of weapons: sword, scyte, axe, pistols and more. Face your demons…

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Streetkix: Freestyle — PS Plus Price: $10.79, Regular Price: $11.99

Extras

PlayStation Home – Home Tycoon Gift for Plus members
Home Tycoon is PlayStation Home’s premier free-to-play 3D city-building game! As Mayor, you can create your ultimate dream city, fly helicopters through the skies, race with up to 16 friends online, enjoy interactive thrill rides, and unlock tons rewards in the Home Tycoon: New Heights expansion. PlayStation Plus members get 120 Gold Coins for free after completing the tutorial!

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7

+ battlesh0rts on January 7th, 2014 at 12:50 pm said:

Ya thats weird, it says free but then it says it’s gonna charge me for it

+ Victomorga on January 7th, 2014 at 12:51 pm said:

Great games this month in the game collection!
Are there any plans for Don’t Starve to make it to the PS3 and / or Vita?

+ FireBurningmon on January 7th, 2014 at 12:55 pm said:

I wish there were more vita games

+ greghove79 on January 7th, 2014 at 12:58 pm said:

Once I put DMC (which shows in Plus as free) in my cart, it says it’s $39.99. Can’t even download it right now without paying full price… Please get your act together, Plus.

+ The-First-Moe- on January 7th, 2014 at 1:02 pm said:

Hey, I have PS Plus but it won’t let me download Don’t Starve… but instead it asks for $14.99.

+ ssjichigo on January 7th, 2014 at 1:04 pm said:

DmC has been posted in the free section of ps+ but when I go to download it, it keeps trying to make me pay the $40 for it, when it clearly shows “free” in big yellow letters on the listing, whats the deal

+ Justanian on January 7th, 2014 at 1:05 pm said:

Ok looks like this is a real problem I would suggest no one try to download the free games until Sony can actually make them free. Because as of now the network will charge you for both DMC and Don’t Starve, even as a ps plus member.

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on January 7th, 2014 at 1:08 pm said:

Yup. Happens every single week. Store isn’t fully updated yet. Pays to have a little patience. Wait for 2pm PST at the very least.

+ ghostofspartapsv on January 7th, 2014 at 1:08 pm said:

Im a PS+ user and i tried downloading DMC from the store today, but it keeps asking me to add funds… is it just me or is anyone else experiencing this? Because it’s really pissing me off.

+ Justanian on January 7th, 2014 at 1:11 pm said:

Yeah thanks thumbs. I was going to look back into the blog to see if this happens every week, but now I don’t have to.

+ ghostofspartapsv on January 7th, 2014 at 1:11 pm said:

Ok my apologies didn’t see the previous posts.

+ spikeyoazz on January 7th, 2014 at 1:12 pm said:

I’m having trouble downloading DMC it keeps trying to charge me the 39.99 even though i am a PS Plus member

+ Stiimpy89 on January 7th, 2014 at 1:14 pm said:

I am a playstation plus member and when i go to download “Don’t Starve” it says I have to pay for it???
I have been waiting for this since was first announced but I am not going to pay for a game that I am supposed to get for free what gives?

+ spikeyoazz on January 7th, 2014 at 1:14 pm said:

Never mind it finally worked for me

+ LostS0ul91 on January 7th, 2014 at 1:18 pm said:

Can confirm with spikeyoazz post, just downloaded it and it was free

+ Justanian on January 7th, 2014 at 1:20 pm said:

Hey y’all I just want to say that spike is correct we have free games! So go off and bury the network!

+ ghostofspartapsv on January 7th, 2014 at 1:21 pm said:

It’s fixed.

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on January 7th, 2014 at 1:23 pm said:

Glad I could help. :)

+ battlesh0rts on January 7th, 2014 at 1:25 pm said:

Yay, it said DMC was free, and then I started to download it…and it took the money out of my wallet

WTF PSN?!?

+ PinkyKnuckle on January 7th, 2014 at 1:32 pm said:

I am a playstaion plus member and I tried to add DMC t my cart and it is trying to charge me $39.99. When I add borderlands 2 to my cart to download as a plus member it doesn’t try and charge me anything. Could someone help me out with this?

+ meatyhammer13 on January 7th, 2014 at 1:38 pm said:

When is it getting released in Australia?

+ Xx0-W-7VxX on January 7th, 2014 at 1:57 pm said:

i thought we were also getting bioshock infinte?

+ cabezadepyramid on January 7th, 2014 at 2:06 pm said:

Disappointed at the lack of discounts, but oh well. Nice to get DmC and Don’t Starve. Don’t have a PS4 yet but I really like that I can still build up a library of games for it while I wait.

+ Krambjorn on January 7th, 2014 at 3:15 pm said:

I still got nothing when I log on to check mine :( I hate living in Australia sometimes.. hate it. We are the last people to get everything.

+ ZhaneEndrick on January 7th, 2014 at 3:28 pm said:

DMC and Don’t Starve, another great month to be a PS+ member. Just entered my third year!

+ MR_FROSTY-09 on January 7th, 2014 at 4:54 pm said:

what happened to bioshock infinite being free

+ meatyhammer13 on January 7th, 2014 at 5:31 pm said:

Australia?

+ Capcom_Unity on January 7th, 2014 at 6:49 pm said:

Capcom Unity here! Just want to say, it’s a true delight to see DmC made available as part of the Instant Collection service. If you were late to the party or reluctant to try out this new take on the Devil May Cry series, we hope this serves as the extra bit of encouragement you needed to try it out. It was an utter thrill to work on this game, and we still regard it as a shining example of the benefits of fusing Eastern and Western talent. Enjoy!

+ Krambjorn on January 7th, 2014 at 6:49 pm said:

yeah what is going on with Australia :(

+ battlesh0rts on January 7th, 2014 at 7:34 pm said:

I left a negative post after i was charged for the DMC that said it was free. It looks like they deleted it. Anyway, if anyone paid for a “free” game, just contact them somehow and they’ll refund your money.

+ battlesh0rts on January 7th, 2014 at 7:36 pm said:

Bioshock and the rest of the games will be free after the update on some Tuesday later this month

+ greenlitemob on January 7th, 2014 at 7:40 pm said:

Why isn’t bioshock on yet. When will it be free?

+ Krambjorn on January 7th, 2014 at 9:08 pm said:

Anyone got any news for AU update?

+ TD3030 on January 7th, 2014 at 9:25 pm said:

Pumped for Bioshock infinite as well as don’t starve thanks guys! keep up the good work!!!

+ ChaosYaNinja420 on January 7th, 2014 at 9:56 pm said:

Been enjoying PS+ all year and plan on renewing for another year.. what i would like to see are more timed trials and other freebies… ive been a plus member since feb 2013 and still see the same stuff in those two catagories same avatars and themes and timed trials.. please sony give us some other new free stuff.. other than that great job on ps plus cant wait for playstation now sounds awesome and congrads on selling beating xbox one in sales of 2013 i personally didnt buy a ps4 but i will as soon as income tax comes now that i know the system is working great with no problems.. i have the ps1, ps2, ps3, and soon the ps4

+ meatyhammer13 on January 7th, 2014 at 11:12 pm said:

Anyone – please – AUSTRALIA? What is going on?

+ AizawaYuuichi on January 7th, 2014 at 11:51 pm said:

@ Krambjorn and meatyhammer13: You guys are on the US (United States) Playstation Blog. You’re not going to get info about the Australian Store updates here. Or answers really, either. You need to go to the EU blog for that stuff. You get the same content they do, not the same as us.

+ N1RVANA on January 8th, 2014 at 2:14 am said:

Glad we started the year off DMC and we also have Don’t Starve which is also interesting. Thanks guys!

+ rehando99 on January 8th, 2014 at 4:55 am said:

wow thank you so much! this is awesome :D how about some free ps1 classics too? that would be sweet :)

+ skuttleman on January 8th, 2014 at 7:07 am said:

Dear Playstation,

The free games you offer with PS+ are too good. Please scale it back a bit.

+ jedi-kriss on January 8th, 2014 at 8:31 am said:

WE WANT BIOSHOCK INFINITE!!!!

+ GothicSwordsman on January 8th, 2014 at 10:51 am said:

I’m pretty happy that DmC is here. I had bought the game as a midnight release, and was kinda forced into pawning it; so now I can replace it more easily than I’d thought.

+ Rocket_venom on January 8th, 2014 at 2:31 pm said:

has 4jstudio said small thing os minecraft ps vita edition

+ johannortiz88 on January 8th, 2014 at 3:35 pm said:

me gustaria que en febrero subieran el the last of us ,la saga de uncharted o el GTA 5

+ mdawk13 on January 8th, 2014 at 5:31 pm said:

I laugh every week when new ps plus people lose it over the game not being free yet. Read the posts for 30 seconds and get the answer, or post with the other 20 people asking the same question.

+ StromKarl on January 9th, 2014 at 6:57 pm said:

Hey what happened with Bioshock Infinite and Brothers?? I was looking for the update date to find this??? I hope you are not implying that you will not give Bioshock Infinite and Brothers for free. Please.

+ Venom907 on January 9th, 2014 at 10:24 pm said:

When can we expect to see bioshock infinate this month

+ fergiekr on January 11th, 2014 at 7:34 am said:

Don’t starve is great and I can’t wait for the rest of the PS3, PS Vita, PSP, and PS4 games too.

+ SidNightwalker on January 11th, 2014 at 1:40 pm said:

You get two utterly fantastic games for free this month, so you have to complain about the lack of discounts. Nevermind the excellent games you have to pay nothing extra whatsoever for. Holy. Freaking. God.It never ends.

+ Ratchet_Jak on January 11th, 2014 at 8:10 pm said:

DmC Devil May Cry is so fun. But its quite challenging to me on Son or Sparda difficulty. I can’t wait to get a PS4 and try out Don’t Starve.

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7