PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation Now Streaming Game Service Coming this Summer

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Jan 07, 2014 // Senior Manager, Social Media

PS Now

Today, at CES 2014 in Las Vegas, we announced that PlayStation Now (PS Now), our new streaming game service, will be available in the US this summer. With PlayStation Now, you will be able to stream popular hits and classic games from the PS3 library, first on PS4 and PS3 systems, followed by PS Vita.

In addition to PlayStation platforms, most 2014 US models of Sony’s BRAVIA TV lineup will support PS Now. Eventually the service will expand beyond PlayStation platforms and Sony devices, allowing you to stream PlayStation games across a broad range of Internet-connected devices.

Leveraging Gaikai’s advanced cloud-based technology, PlayStation Now will allow you to:

• Play video games instantly across multiple devices, similar to the way you might stream TV, movies, and music.
  • Stream full games to all of your compatible PlayStation devices including PS4, PS3, and PlayStation Vita as well as non-PlayStation devices, beginning with 2014 BRAVIA TV models and expanding to numerous other Internet-connected devices.
  • Always play the most updated version of your game. With games hosted in the cloud, you can take your game with you – just log in with your Sony Entertainment Network account on a compatible device and your games and saved progress will be easily available.

We want to offer you choice when it comes to how you want to access content on PS Now, so you will be able to rent by title for specific games you are interested in. We’ll also offer a subscription that will enable you to explore a range of titles.

PS Now will begin a Beta program in the US at the end of January with an expected full roll-out in the US this summer. Be sure to check the PlayStation.Blog regularly for more updates on the PS Now service.

PAGE 1 9 10 11 12 13

+ Modanz on January 8th, 2014 at 10:44 am said:

hook me up for beta please

+ RATcicle981 on January 8th, 2014 at 10:50 am said:

What was the price they announced? Or have they not said yet?

+ Solid___Snape on January 8th, 2014 at 11:46 am said:

What about Euorope? PLEASE we have to have this

+ XNightWarriorX on January 8th, 2014 at 12:07 pm said:

Playstation now sound like a good plan.

+ araucanita on January 8th, 2014 at 12:10 pm said:

It seems that Sony can spend millions to “rollout new platforms” but why can’t they fix the best game they ever created on PSN, Cutthroat Cove??? I was just wondering if in their lust to be the flashy flash in the pan, they forgot about the customers that brought them here??!!??

+ BigTallChris on January 8th, 2014 at 12:20 pm said:

Like most people that commented on this blog…PLEASE BETA ME!!!

+ KazzerJR on January 8th, 2014 at 12:40 pm said:

This is fantastic news, I am so excited!! This is the reason why I own the PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP and the PS Vita, you guys deliver. Can’t wait for this to get to Canada!! :D

However I have a few questions:

1) How will PS+ work with PlayStation Now?
2) Will we be able to download and store the games offered on PlayStation Now for offline play?
3) What is the expected or ballpark kind of range on pricing for this experience?

+ marstechgirl on January 8th, 2014 at 12:46 pm said:

Hi I live in Canada I really hope us up north can use this service too! Sony don’t forget about your Canadian fans!

+ yosue12 on January 8th, 2014 at 1:02 pm said:

i want to try the beta

+ ellis_d on January 8th, 2014 at 1:08 pm said:

I’m curious as to how much the service is going to cost on top of playstation plus

+ Thrill_Kill on January 8th, 2014 at 1:29 pm said:

Sony can you please make it so that we can put in our own game discs from ps1,ps2 and ps3 and just use Gaikai to emulate the real systems and be able to play them on our PS4? I for one will not be repurchasing my entire collection of games just to stream them to play on my PS4 when I own the real physical copies here at my house. We need a REAL WAY to play our OWN disc based games on PS4. Sure you wanted to go the cheap route and not have any backward compatibility, but you need to find a way around that other than us paying a monthly fee to just stream “some games” to the PS4 or Bravia TV sets. Awesome games that I love, most of them hard to find or not very well known like Gitarooman, will certainly never be on this new PlayStation thing your doing.

+ Felipe_Gamer123 on January 8th, 2014 at 1:39 pm said:

Wow, this is AWESOME! But I have some questions:

1. I know you don’t have much info but, will PS Now stream PS4 games for cell phones (it can be Android or iOS, doesn’t matter for me)? I know it’ll require a GPU that doesn’t exist right now to make the same graphics the console can (it can run in lower quality, if I understood correctly), but what about the Tegra K1? It says it can run games with PS4 graphics! ;

2. I live in Brazil, and now that we have PSN Cards, will PS Now have our national currency (R$)? Or, better, will it be AVAILABLE for South America?

3. You replied to another comment saying people can buy games digitally or physically, do you THINK (≠ know) it’ll only be available for NA/USA?

That’s all, I hope you can answer than all, knowing or just thinking from your point of view. Thanks (:

+ muin_78692 on January 8th, 2014 at 1:54 pm said:

So does that mean I bought a ps4 for nothing?

+ Mel0yell0w91 on January 8th, 2014 at 2:10 pm said:

I really hope games like NCAA Football 14 and PES are able to be streamed through PS4. When I heard they were only for PS3, it was a sad day….

+ bryan_G123 on January 8th, 2014 at 2:34 pm said:

yeah i been waiting for an announcement like this to play my ps3 games on my vita since i got the vita.AND SIGN ME UP FOR THE BETA

+ Lightlegend1 on January 8th, 2014 at 2:58 pm said:

Will this work on the Samsung Galaxy S4 and is it a paid service, and if it is will there be a free trial.

+ Asmati on January 8th, 2014 at 3:17 pm said:

Access to this is included with Playstation Plus membership right… right… Please don’t tell me you are going to ‘bone’ people for yet more money to play old games. So far the Playstation Plus membership has only benefited my PS3, what with the total lack of PSN content available on PS4. Is this the reason why all the current PSN content was left out of the PS4? You can offer an emulator to play PS3 games via streaming on even non-Playstation devices, but refuse to offer PS4 – PS3 backwards compatibility?

+ dkapow on January 8th, 2014 at 3:18 pm said:

Okay. Granted I’m just reading the news like everyone else, but let’s start at the beginning.

PS Now is not attempting to replace any previous hardware.

If you have a disc, PSwhatever number, or portable they are not saying to get rid of anything. This is no different than if you bought the vinyl, 8 track, cassette tape, and or cd. This is a digital thing. There is and always has been a charge to jump to the next technology.

Sony has learned from the past (if nothing else namely the Microsoft E3 fiasco). They are not going to announce anything “concrete” before a significant number of people (the beta) say “that seems reasonable”.

To be continued.

+ Amir_G_M_US on January 8th, 2014 at 3:30 pm said:

The following questions might be long, but they are meant to answer many things people would eventually ask.. so please reply to me

1) Why would I buy a PS4 console if my PS3, AND my Sony Bravia TV could run PS4 games? (AND TABLETS?) and by that I mean, what is the future of games? I really wanted to play Watch Dogs (for instance) on PS4 so I would be able to maximize the resolutions, frames per second and more… This service strictly means I can purchase the PS3 version, which will be cheaper, and stream it on my native 1080P Bravia and enjoy. The only difference I see is maybe some exclusive content like maps or costumes.

*************************************************************
“THE QUESTION”
2) I am in fact disappointed this service provides a better experience for PS Vita, more than the Remote-Play. I strongly believe Sony MUST power up this function, because not everyone is interested to pay more for “soft and clear” gaming, when their PS Vita was meant, ever since PS4, to play and support ALL PS4 titles way better than the Remote-Play that PS3 can offer.
Can Sony reply to this?

+ Mrrockscorpio on January 8th, 2014 at 3:45 pm said:

greatness truly awaits at playstation

+ lwendt567 on January 8th, 2014 at 3:49 pm said:

Wow! This would be great to have. Good idea Sony

+ SaintClair_chapa on January 8th, 2014 at 3:54 pm said:

I’ll be able to play the old games I bought on PSN? I ask this because I bought the PS3 PS4 and gave my gift, but there are still some games I like to play. This question was not clear to me, someone can answer me?

+ SaintClair_chapa on January 8th, 2014 at 3:56 pm said:

I’ll be able to play the old games I bought on PSN? I ask this because I bought the PS4 and gave my PS3 gift, but there are still some games I like to play. This question was not clear to me, someone can answer me?

+ Mrrockscorpio on January 8th, 2014 at 3:57 pm said:

can you please sign me up for the closed beta i will probably find l few ways to make it better

+ wdishon on January 8th, 2014 at 4:36 pm said:

When I rent a game will it keep my save for when I buy it later and will people in Australia be able to go in the closed beta

+ aerogalactic on January 8th, 2014 at 4:49 pm said:

Any plans on rolling this out on an MHL stick to stream for current BRAVIA TVs? I own a 2013 model.

+ ISRomega77 on January 8th, 2014 at 4:56 pm said:

can’t wait

+ AndreyGladky on January 8th, 2014 at 5:51 pm said:

What about 2013 BRAVIA TV models?
Cause this is only Sony device in my flat. :)
And yep, i planning to buy PS4 on next Christmas, but i very want to play in PS3 exclusives.

+ orly235235 on January 8th, 2014 at 6:29 pm said:

omg this is awesome they should put monster hunter 1 on this! i love the first monster hunter the rest looks like **** to me. but sony please put monster hunter 1!

+ VengefulAvatar on January 8th, 2014 at 6:50 pm said:

I would like to see how the Beta works and give my professional feedback. Please contact me at my email attached to my gamer ID . Thank you for your efforts and Happy New Year

+ Psychaotix on January 8th, 2014 at 7:24 pm said:

Any chance that the price of the service in Aus, whenever it’s launched here, will be similar or equal to what the US will pay.

+ chayandiaz on January 8th, 2014 at 7:35 pm said:

Hopefully this will make all the ps3 games free for plus playable on the ps4

+ Techni on January 8th, 2014 at 7:35 pm said:

Please combine this, the PS3 RemotePlay and PS4 link apps into one bubble on Vita, at least until you remove the 100 bubble limit, since they all do the same thing

+ j9041 on January 8th, 2014 at 7:36 pm said:

PS Now sounds awesome!! I’m excited to play PS3 games on the PS4. The subscription price is going to make or break it for me

+ WingChun313 on January 8th, 2014 at 7:38 pm said:

Sony your the best .

+ chayandiaz on January 8th, 2014 at 7:42 pm said:

Why can’t we buy games on Playstation now why is it just renting

+ GodlyTank on January 8th, 2014 at 7:43 pm said:

PS Now seems like a really cool feature to have on the PS4. Lol I wonder if your thinking of putting OLD COD titles up too like WAW, COD4, MW2 etc. lol

+ twisted-boiiiiii on January 8th, 2014 at 8:11 pm said:

I Can’t wait

+ VampyreLordSeth on January 8th, 2014 at 10:29 pm said:

It’s great this is coming for PS4 to stream PS3 games, amongst others, but what about those of us with crappy countries like AUSTRALIA for instance. When we get our version of this system, what are we to do when it comes to ONLY being able to have Dial-up OR Pre-Paid Wireless devices with such crappy connections in the first place, let alone a horrendous fee that comes along with it? Is there ANY possible chance we can stream PS3 through the PS4 in the future, WITHOUT the internet? What about a NON-internet based VITA to PS4 Remote play?

+ Elite-Rico on January 8th, 2014 at 11:29 pm said:

I prefer just buying the full games straight up, depends on the price of the subscription i guess and the size of the library.

+ Kchow23 on January 9th, 2014 at 2:11 am said:

The few things that I think are a must for PS Now are family sharing much like PS Plus works, so we don’t have to buy multiple subscriptions if you more than 1 person wants to play. And the other one is DS4 support for at least TVs and Tablets.

+ WhiteZilla117 on January 9th, 2014 at 2:12 am said:

Hey there PlayStation.

So greatest question that I have is that If and when I buy a PS4. When Playstation Now comes out will I have access to ANY and ALL PlayStation games meaning games from the original PlayStation all the way up to current gen?

+ SCHURIKEN on January 9th, 2014 at 2:45 am said:

Others are still trying to figure out how to make the power chord smaller than the actual console…Thank Zeus for Playstation or everybody would have to use a controller designed for people with Parkinson’s desease….

+ Elvick_ on January 9th, 2014 at 5:35 am said:

Vita should have been a higher priority for this than PS3. How dumb… who would play on PS3 for streaming rather than native?

And, I hope Canada isn’t far away. My internet sucks, but it’d be neat to try.

The sub and rental options make sense. The name is smart. Well done.

+ Kouichi_Sanada on January 9th, 2014 at 7:38 am said:

This will be GREA! Any way we will also be able to play import games as well or will the service be linked to the PSN account region as it is currently?

+ VengefulAvatar on January 9th, 2014 at 11:22 am said:

I would like to Thank Matthew Harper for answering so many of my questions regarding the PS Now network . your responses to the other members comments in the forum have been very helpful. Hopefully this will cure the backwards compatibility problem that PC games do not suffer from , and what made the PS2 & 3 successful.

+ deathanarchist on January 9th, 2014 at 1:09 pm said:

Felipe_Gamer123. That’s the genius of how ps now supposedly works all computing and rendering is done on their server and streamed. Essentially all your device is doing is playing a video of the game running on the server, leaving only light work for you device. (in theory)

+ Xx_Tico_xX on January 9th, 2014 at 1:34 pm said:

A few questions
1. Instead of digitally downloading the games, will you be able to play with the actual disc of the PS3 games?
2. Will this be included with the Playstation Plus subscription
3. Price range?
4. What is the beta all about?

+ WhateverUsayOk on January 9th, 2014 at 1:56 pm said:

If it’s true what Matthew is saying about soon being able to stream PS4 games then Sony basically shot themselves in the foot. I predict xbox one to take over in sales now. Bravo, sony.

+ Coore12 on January 9th, 2014 at 2:23 pm said:

Matthew,
I’m realy excited with the PS now.
I just have the ps4, so can play PS3 games like Beyond, The Last of Us and others?
How much wil be the device
I love the idea but Sony needs take care with the servers because they will be full and probably they can crash
it’s a lot of questions I hope u have time to answer all of them

PAGE 1 9 10 11 12 13