PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PlayStation Blogcast 104: Now We’re Talkin’

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Jan 10, 2014 // Senior Manager, Social Media

We’re back! Our very first 2014 interview focuses on the dark world of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 with Producer Dave Cox. Then we discuss CES highlights, including my hands-on experiences with newly announced game streaming service PS Now, favorite gadgets from the show (4K TVs!), next week’s new PlayStation Store releases, and new letters. Do listen in!

Subscribe via iTunes or RSS, or download here

Stuff We Talked About

• PlayStation Now
  • CES 2014
  • Don’t Starve
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
  • The Pinball Arcade
  • Delayed Flights and Spelunky
  • A Whole Lotta Movie Talk
  • Assassin’s Creed Liberation HD

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com or leave a voice message! 650-288-6706

The Cast

35 Comments   1 Reply

+ Pabloo1010 on January 10th, 2014 at 4:41 pm said:

Playstation Now changes everything, wow.

+ snakeeyes211 on January 10th, 2014 at 4:59 pm said:

PlayStation now it’s all about the wow
I want in the beta

+ RE_Player on January 10th, 2014 at 5:11 pm said:

Very much looking forward to Playstation Now.

+ ken_kimura on January 10th, 2014 at 5:36 pm said:

I have a request for you guys: I would love to hear from the San Diego Studio on what they are cooking up for MLB 14 the Show. Specially how the PS4 version is shaping up.

+ ThanQPS on January 10th, 2014 at 6:27 pm said:

No interview with Kaz??

Now its very difficult to catch him. I guess he has become quite remote from PS fans.

+ DarthCambion7733 on January 10th, 2014 at 6:34 pm said:

Ever the skeptic, I would love to try and put PS Now through the test myself. The potential is awesome and being a PS4 owner, I have my fingers crossed that Dark Souls2 will be available on it….

+ KingnAces on January 10th, 2014 at 8:21 pm said:

I am fed up with the crappy service the Playstation network gives. Its always down and slow. The last time you had these issues it took a month to fix.

How do i get my annual network connection fee back?

+ mastorofpuppetz on January 10th, 2014 at 8:23 pm said:

Disappointed still no news on DLNA, you tube, mp3, headset support or when or if it’s coming

+ JDSSLP on January 10th, 2014 at 8:32 pm said:

I am preparing to “listen in” for the first time in 2014! How about each week, at an appropriate time in the blogcast, you patch in a different listener or gaming celebrity recording their name and town followed by the phrase “Let’s Listen In!”

+ senor_flojo on January 10th, 2014 at 10:58 pm said:

How about doing a PS1 import of Intelligent Qube Final? I want to be able to zap some squares on my Vita.

+ Fylian on January 10th, 2014 at 11:30 pm said:

Very excited for the definitive version of Age of Zombies coming to Vita Tuesday! Dual analog FTW!

+ SourDiesel187 on January 11th, 2014 at 2:02 am said:

How do u guys not have an app come on guys.Also why didnt u use twitch or ustream to broadcast all of CES

+ smurfOtron on January 11th, 2014 at 3:20 am said:

when will we get youtube app & MP3 support!?

+ justaccording on January 11th, 2014 at 6:16 am said:

Someone on the forum brought up a great solution in lieu of a dedicated YouTube app for PS4 and it works as well as the PS3 app:

+ TeamGreen615 on January 11th, 2014 at 7:52 am said:

I hope you guys will talk about Toukiden in the near future. It’s coming to North America next month and looks like a solid title for the Vita.

+ mastorofpuppetz on January 11th, 2014 at 10:05 am said:

Still not a word or confirmation if MP3, DLNA are coming. What about you tube, friend notifications, headsets? It’s mid January getting frustrating ps4 is still way less functional then my ps3.

+ BlindMango on January 11th, 2014 at 11:29 am said:

Haha, I loved this episode, keep up the good work guys!

+ avatarguy on January 11th, 2014 at 12:10 pm said:

I really expected more CES discussions, also I would really like it if you guys all got into the nitty gritty of the whole video game industry and where everything is headed for the future, of not just sony but the entire game industry and video games as a whole.

+ MysticalMatt517 on January 11th, 2014 at 12:12 pm said:

I’d like to echo the request for an update on DLNA… I really, really used the heck out of that on the PS3 and was seriously bummed that it didn’t work on PS4.

Very excited about Playstation now! Can’t wait to try it. I want in on the beta so bad!

+ EJ25VF34GD7 on January 11th, 2014 at 1:32 pm said:

I left a 5 stars iTunes review and just realized that I forgot Justin. Sorry Justin!

+ bk7894 on January 11th, 2014 at 2:29 pm said:

I would like to be one of the person to test out Playstation Now! Can you guys hook me up?

+ DarkOne_PR on January 11th, 2014 at 3:07 pm said:

when is the update for the ps4 coming out! i want to play my mp3 music and mp4 videos! also i want to use my ps3 games on it via blu ray not only via stream! and also the addition of the ps3 headsets and share controller…. how much are we supposed to wait. right now the ps4 its lacking in features…

+ End-who on January 11th, 2014 at 3:49 pm said:

@21buddy i recommend u sell ur ps4 and buy x box one coz i got my ps4 they before yesterday and i know very well sony will never update this until end of this year so its best to ale ur step ..coz sony is the only company to update their systems at last on their will…. NEVER BUY PS4

+ End-who on January 11th, 2014 at 3:57 pm said:

DOWNGRADING A PRODUCT FROM PS3 TO PS4 AND GOING TO CES 2014 FOR WHAT …WHAT R U GONNA PROVE THERE SONY ….. DOWNGRADING ANOTHER PRODUCT AND FOOLING PEOPLES MONEY WHO R DEDICATED FOR U…

+ Squirtbot on January 11th, 2014 at 5:41 pm said:

Speaking of The Pinball Arcade, can you confirm something for us…

In the notes, it states all of the tables are available for the Season One Pass, but once you get to the Season One Pass info, it only states the 18 add ons, not the additional 3 tables offered with the original game… ie: Ripley’s, Black Hole, and Theatre of Magic.

So, are those included or do you have to buy that pack as well to gain “all” the tables?

+ cleversignin on January 11th, 2014 at 6:50 pm said:

@24
those three tables are included in game, they do not need to be downloaded. also worth mentioning is that the last few tables of season 2 have no trophies (they apparently ran out?) which is annoying.

+ Squirtbot on January 11th, 2014 at 9:38 pm said:

@25

Referring to the PS4 version, the game is free, but only gives you one table ‘Tales of Arabian Nights’… All other tables are purchasable. Whether they come in the Season One Pack is the question.

+ AizawaYuuichi on January 11th, 2014 at 10:07 pm said:

@Squirtbot: Yes, when you buy the Season One pack, you get Table Packs 1-10, but also Table Pack 0 which is the other three tables from the original release. So you end up with the original 4 + all 10 packs from season one.

+ Squirtbot on January 12th, 2014 at 12:20 am said:

Awesome, thank you. Now I can buy with confidence. Why they miserably messed up their launch and have all of their info incorrect is beyond me. I appreciate your response :)

+ EstripadorMT on January 12th, 2014 at 4:26 am said:

Great.

+ balmori78 on January 12th, 2014 at 1:21 pm said:

idk were everyone heard that mp3 and video are comeing on ps4 sony already said no PS4 is for gamers and ps3 for everything else

+ Hellzz69 on January 12th, 2014 at 7:11 pm said:

I own a PS3, with content already in it, thanking of purchasing one more digital copy of a game. But then here in about three months I am considering the PS4. Question? Will/Can my content be transferred over from PS3?

+ Reshiram25 on January 12th, 2014 at 9:53 pm said:

I’m listening to them now on tunein radio app now

+ Ulorla on January 13th, 2014 at 9:58 am said:

Is it normal for PlayStation 3 to crash a lot? i just bough a brand new PlayStation 3 less than a month ago. (360 finally kicked bucket). PlayStation crashes worse than my Xbox 360 did on its last legs and PlayStation is brand new. when my Xbox was new i never worried about crashing. is there some know issue that causes the PlayStation to crash like crazy or did i get a lemon. Apart from the frequent and random crashes the system seems ok. **** performance for brand new but system is ok.

+ prs00093 on January 14th, 2014 at 9:55 pm said:

How do I access this podcast through my PS4? If I can’t then when will I be able too? Beyond!