PS4-Infamous

Drive the Toyota FT-1 Concept Coupe in Gran Turismo 6

Ken Chan's Avatar + Posted by Ken Chan on Jan 13, 2014 // Product Manager, SCEA

At this year’s North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Polyphony Digital Inc. and Toyota officially revealed the Toyota FT-1 Concept coupe.

Owners of Gran Turismo 6 will be the first to test-drive the FT-1 after a free online update that will be made available tomorrow, January 14th. After downloading the update, a unique seasonal event featuring the Toyota FT-1 will be made available in the game. If you receive a bronze or better in the FT-1 challenge at Laguna Seca, you will receive the car. Drivers will also be able to purchase the vehicle from the Toyota dealership without having to complete the seasonal event.

Calty Design Research has worked with Toyota over the last 40 years, concepting some of the manufacturer’s most cutting-edge vehicles, including the FT-1. As part of the design process, Calty approached Polyphony and asked the prestigious video game studio to recreate the concept digitally as part of the design studio’s pitch to Toyota executives. Watching the concept car in the Gran Turismo game engine helped Toyota make the decision to build the concept model.

Gran Turismo 6: Toyota FT-1Gran Turismo 6: Toyota FT-1

“Thanks to the amazing capability of the Gran Turismo game engine, gamers can enjoy a very real simulation piloting the ultra-high performance FT-1 on the tracks it was designed to master,” said Kevin Hunter, President of Calty Design Research.

Be among the first to drive the future of Toyota design tomorrow!

20 Comments

+ Battlehead on January 13th, 2014 at 6:44 am said:

FIRST…DLC for GT6 can. not. wait. See what I did there?

+ Cloud_killer702 on January 13th, 2014 at 7:02 am said:

This looks amazing I wish I could play

+ Berliniano on January 13th, 2014 at 7:06 am said:

I’ll play GT6 all night tomorrow!!!

+ AnoyoIkari on January 13th, 2014 at 7:08 am said:

I love these visions cars! It was a major deciding influence in my purchasing GT6.

+ Skater_Ricky on January 13th, 2014 at 7:58 am said:

I want to play GT6 on my PS4. Guess I’ll have to wait for PlayStation Now or when GT7 comes out. Guess I’ll have to but Drive Club instead.

+ Booger4847 on January 13th, 2014 at 8:06 am said:

Thank you PD!

+ snarls200 on January 13th, 2014 at 8:26 am said:

anoyolkari this is not a vision car

+ Booger4847 on January 13th, 2014 at 8:44 am said:

This really is a great game. I don’t have the ps4 yet, I’ll probably wait a few more months. In the meantime, before I know what the next gen experience is all about, I will enjoy this for everything it is, a great GT entry. After all, I may be wrong, but it does feel like the swan song for the ps3. Seems like it pushes the system to the limits. If you haven’t, then check it out.

+ AnoyoIkari on January 13th, 2014 at 9:30 am said:

@Snarls200; *puts on his reading glasses and actually READS the article* indeedly do you are infact correct on my Incorrectness. Still, I am quite excited.. Not as giddy but still; quite pleased.

+ boomstickbhg on January 13th, 2014 at 10:28 am said:

Really enjoying the support for GT6. It’s been a lot of fun, I’m almost glad Driveclub was delayed, since I only bought this after that announcement.

+ tusunami on January 13th, 2014 at 11:47 am said:

It is uncanny the amount of cars & content in GT6!!!!!!!

+ TooLVolta on January 13th, 2014 at 1:41 pm said:

I love GT6! Play it everyday.

+ tehpwnage7 on January 13th, 2014 at 2:00 pm said:

this looks awesome, also has anyone been able to play the red bull x2014 standard championship because for some reason it’s still locked

+ JROD0823 on January 13th, 2014 at 5:07 pm said:

More cars for GT 6 is always a good thing. :)

+ Simeon718 on January 13th, 2014 at 5:09 pm said:

I’m really excited for this. I would love to see the 2015 Subaru WRX STI in the game once it’s revealed later this month.

+ snarls200 on January 13th, 2014 at 5:24 pm said:

noyoIkari vision cars don’t require you to do a seasonal event to get it for free

+ shahbazi924 on January 13th, 2014 at 6:45 pm said:

wery godeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

+ liz58liz on January 14th, 2014 at 8:02 am said:

Is anyone having a problem with their game today? Is it coincidence that it’s the 14 Jan & an update was due out today? Version 1.03 will not load it comes up please wait & then it beeps, switches off the ps & loops round error messages. Other games still load fine so this seems to be GT6 specific….help plz…..

+ AnoyoIkari on January 14th, 2014 at 1:18 pm said:

@snarls200; I knew that; I just got spastic and excited and posted without reading the actual blog post. Do you know if there is an actual time frame that they will be releasing the visions cars; or is it just when they feel they are ready?

+ snarls200 on January 14th, 2014 at 6:23 pm said: