Far Cry 4

PlayStation Plus: BioShock Infinite Joins the Instant Game Collection

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Jan 13, 2014 // Sr. Community Specialist

It’s almost time for BioShock Infinite to join the Instant Game Collection! The first BioShock allowed you to explore the downfall of the underwater society Rapture, but BioShock Infinite takes you to the skies – specificially the utopia of Colombia. As Booker DeWitt, a hired gun, you’ve been contracted to find Elizabeth, a mysterious girl locked up in a massive tower with a giant mechanical bird as a bodyguard. Just like BioShock had plasmids to amp up its first-person shooter combat, BioShock Infinite has vigors. Ranging from defensive with Return to Sender, which absorbs all damage and sends it hurling back at your enemy to the offensive with Charge, where Booker will slam into a specified opponent, you can mix up your play style throughout the game’s campaign.

There’s also a ton of titles on sale for both PS3 and PS Vita as part of our 14 for ’14 promotion including Crysis 3, Far Cry: Blood Dragon and The Wolf Among Us Season Pass, so check out all the deals below.

You can download BioShock Infinite after PlayStation Store updates tomorrow.

PlayStation Plus Update 1-14-2014

Become a PlayStation Plus member

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

BioShock Infinite (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members

PlayStation Plus: BioShock Infinite
Indebted to the wrong people and with his life on the line, veteran of the U.S. Cavalry and hired gun Booker DeWitt has only one opportunity to wipe his slate clean. He must rescue Elizabeth, a mysterious girl imprisoned since childhood and locked up in the flying city of Columbia. Forced to trust one another, Booker and Elizabeth form a powerful bond during their daring escape.“BioShock Infinite is a brilliant shooter that nudges the entire genre forward” – IGN: 9.4/10

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

$29.99

$59.99

Far Cry Blood Dragon

$3.75

$7.49

$14.99

Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut (Cross Buy)

$5.24

$19.99

$39.99

The Wolf Among Us Season Pass

$13.49

$14.99

$19.99

Thomas Was Alone (Cross Buy)

$2.50

$17.99

$35.99

LIMBO PS Vita

$3.75

$7.49

$14.99

Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut (Cross Buy)

$5.24

$17.99

$35.99

SPELUNKY (Cross Buy)

$3.75

$7.49

$14.99

Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark (Cross Buy)

$4.19

$5.99

$9.99

The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season

$5.00

$9.99

$19.99

Thomas Was Alone (Cross Buy)

$2.50

$14.99

Other Discounts

Game Title PS Plus Price Regular Price

Proteus (Cross Buy)

$5.94

$8.49

Proteus PS Vita (Cross Buy)

$5.94

$8.49

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

Last Chance (Leaving on 1/21)

Instant Game Collection
Oddworld Stranger’s Wrath (PS Vita)
ICO (PS3)

Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark PS Vita
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time PS Vita
The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER
Deus Ex Human Revolution: Director’s Cut

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

+ Alyyse on January 13th, 2014 at 10:37 am said:

Yes! I can not wait to play Bioshock Infinite.

+ bt1234567892010 on January 13th, 2014 at 10:39 am said:

*sigh* a penny off from getting Blood Dragon.

Oh well, Bioshock Infinite :D

+ carlpain on January 13th, 2014 at 10:41 am said:

My only problem with Infinite is the difficulty. Not even Hard Mode is hard. You’ll die more times during the first minutes than the whole game. Great story and beautiful art, but the gameplay is just not right. You decide if you want to die or keep playing.

+ Welmosca on January 13th, 2014 at 10:42 am said:

This is a great addition to the IGC pretty unbelievable that you guys are giving this one for free….I appreciate and I still dont have the game but Bioshock Infinite is a must buy in retail,I need the physical copy of this game.Good for those who like digitals though.Well will add to my download list anyway.

+ Sarrop39 on January 13th, 2014 at 10:43 am said:

Crysis 3 for $5.00? That’s crazy! I’m definitely getting it and tales of Xillia this week.

+ Monterossa on January 13th, 2014 at 10:50 am said:

$10 is the right price for Tales of Xillia. I’m regret paying $60 for it.

+ MyrequeArk on January 13th, 2014 at 10:56 am said:

Man, I wish Dragon’s Crown was there for like 15 bucks at least!

Great sales!

+ AloneChief on January 13th, 2014 at 10:59 am said:

Will the sale also be available for EU? Really want that Tales of Xillia for 10$.

+ TJF588 on January 13th, 2014 at 11:13 am said:

Ah, finally time to switch from the Full Game Trial to the extended rental! Of the hour I spent, loved the barbershop quartet best (got to browsing the carnival booths before it kicked me out).

Already posted my sales prospects (Enslaved! Puppeteer! Xillia! Others! Not Rain, for now!) on that blog post.

+ Ejsponge61 on January 13th, 2014 at 11:19 am said:

It’s a meh week for me. I bought Bioshock in a flash sale back in December, so I own that already. I just spent the last of my money on renewing my PS+ subscription and books for my spring semester of college, so I can’t take advantage of the sales. Though, if you have the cash for the sales and/or have never played Infinite, your are in for a treat.

Can’t wait to play Brothers coming up and hopefully there are some sales after January, then I’ll have the cash for it!

+ x_PlaTtiNuM on January 13th, 2014 at 11:21 am said:

great update! im gonna try to go get a $20 psn card today to get ready for these sales :D

also i have some suggestions for ther igc : Catherine, Mafia 2, Resident Evil 6, tomb raider, heavy rain, dark souls, L.A. Noire, max payne3.

also you guys should put more RPGs in the igc.

+ Firstnerve1700 on January 13th, 2014 at 11:28 am said:

Does bites restore to your playstation when you delete a games you’ve downloaded?
Like a 5 GB game or more.

+ EGGS_ONE on January 13th, 2014 at 11:30 am said:

Awesome sales! THANKS!!

+ tusunami on January 13th, 2014 at 11:41 am said:

All I can say is being a PS Plus member is dynamite, & for those that own everything cry me a river.

+ PiotrRasputinBR on January 13th, 2014 at 11:42 am said:

Wow, crazy sales! Peace Walker, TWA, Velocity, Limbo, Sly and Killzone for me! And waiting for another discount on Dragon’s Crown and Assassins Creed! Also, a Persona 3P discount would not be bad at all, since it actually costs twice as much as P3:FES. Here, take all my money at once!

Thanks for the sales!

+ edchristof on January 13th, 2014 at 11:53 am said:

damnit! just downloaded enslaved 2 days ago for $20.

excited for bioshock infinite and some of those other sales tho.

+ Xx_3xpLoiT_xX on January 13th, 2014 at 12:02 pm said:

hell yeah, thanks for Bioshock AND huge discounts :D finally getting KZ:M for Ps Vita

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on January 13th, 2014 at 12:12 pm said:

@NoWay: I’m not sure why Limbo PS3 is listed in the last chance section since it apparently isn’t going to be on sale. Must be an error. Limbo isn’t a cross buy title any more. Anyway, the last chance sections in these weekly Plus posts are there to inform you of what will be going off sale when the store updates next Tuesday. Limbo PS Vita and the other games listed won’t be on sale until tomorrow. So check back in roughly 26 hours, but again I don’t think Limbo PS3 will be on sale.

@diablo103: There are plenty available on Amazon, but they’re all at least $110 including shipping. That’s insane.

+ hpz82 on January 13th, 2014 at 12:16 pm said:

Important question! if i buy these ps3 sales would i be able to play them on playstation now! ? I sold my ps3 to fund my Ps4. So please do let me know so i can give you more of my money. I think am buying every single vita game.

+ Coorran on January 13th, 2014 at 12:18 pm said:

If I have the timed trial, do I need to re-download infinite?

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on January 13th, 2014 at 12:19 pm said:

@Firstnerve1700: Yes. You can confirm this in the XMB: Settings -> System Settings -> System Information.

+ carter12008 on January 13th, 2014 at 12:21 pm said:

Anybody else notice that the points you earned for signing up for Playstation Rewards already has an expire date. My points are set to expire on 3/31/14. Im not sure how you can save up 5999 points to get a game off the rewards if they expire that fast.

+ TheOathsworn on January 13th, 2014 at 12:26 pm said:

I’d like to jump in to mention that Tales of Xillia at $10 is totally worth it, that’s literally 1/10th of the price I paid for to get my copy, own a copy of the collector’s edition and I totally don’t regret it! Most definately one of the best JRPGs to be released stateside in 2013 alongside Ni No Kuni, also Xillia 2 is coming sometime in 2014 so it’s the best time as any to get it.

Will most likely be picking up Enslaved tomorrow after the store updates with all these sales.

I do say Bioshock Infinite has piqued my interest. Anyone mind giving me their input to if I’ll be fine playing this if I haven’t experienced the other two games beforehand? I don’t mind splurging a bit either way to get the rest of the series.

+ ShepardComander on January 13th, 2014 at 12:28 pm said:

Tearaway sale, please :(

+ ItsKayJayBee on January 13th, 2014 at 12:32 pm said:

Awesome sale. Thanks for all the hard work that is put into a sale like this. Going to load up and buy 6 or 7 games. Keep up the great work, I appreciate it.

Cheers.

+ death_nation100 on January 13th, 2014 at 12:53 pm said:

And I had beat DMC 3 days after they release it for PS plus so now it’s time to play BioShock: Infinite.

But since it’s coming out tomorrow don’t you think it’s being release too early because it’s a 6 day gap between the release of DMC and Bioshock:infinite .Plus their won’t be any new games release at the end of the month only that indie title called Brothers.

+ fruant on January 13th, 2014 at 12:56 pm said:

Wait a minute that card…

+ rockytrh on January 13th, 2014 at 12:58 pm said:

Killzone, Tales, and Puppeteer for me this week I think. I already have Bioshock Infinite on my PC. Fun, but something was missing. Not sure what it was, but it wasn’t as compelling as the original Bioshock.

+ rockytrh on January 13th, 2014 at 1:00 pm said:

@123 It isn’t connected directly to Bioshock (or Bioshock 2). There is one little bit in it that you will get some additional enjoyment out of if you are familiar with Bioshock, but it isn’t necessary.

+ tingli on January 13th, 2014 at 1:02 pm said:

Awesome sale Sony and thank you. for those that don’t have the room on your PSvita memory card you can always use the the content manager on PC or PS3(if you have the room on the hard-drive). To the people that moderate the blog, do you have an idea on when the ps4 vita content manager will be available.

+ berlaitada on January 13th, 2014 at 1:02 pm said:

now we’re talking :) Xillia, Crysis 3 and maybe rain for me…give us more sales like these

+ TJF588 on January 13th, 2014 at 1:07 pm said:

@126 death_nation100 – “The indie title” is the one I’m most looking forward to. Hyping myself that it may be the closest “Journey experience” of 2013.

+ Hayterfan on January 13th, 2014 at 1:08 pm said:

Well I see about $110 worth of stuff I want

+ Moofboy on January 13th, 2014 at 1:10 pm said:

Excellent! And you inadvertently answered my question from last week about older dlc and Enslaved! Best update for me ever! Thanks guys. In for Far Cry blood dragon and Enslaved (just for the dlc!).

+ Vyprstryke on January 13th, 2014 at 1:12 pm said:

So, if I started DmC (or BioShock Infinite for that matter) on a physical version, will my save data be compatible with this digital version?

+ FilmMaker2009 on January 13th, 2014 at 1:17 pm said:

Wicked pumped for this week’s store update! Finally going to play Bioshock Infinite, and that 14 for ’14 sale has some sweet choices.

+ TheOathsworn on January 13th, 2014 at 1:19 pm said:

@129 Thanks for the input, was getting a little worried I’d be needing to put this on the side, until I buy and play the other two. I’ll eventually get the other two, but that’ll have to wait until I can make this backlog of games I have disappear.

+ Gamerzlimited on January 13th, 2014 at 1:23 pm said:

Can’t wait for Bioshock Infinite! Will be playing it all the way to the end. And will buy Killzone: Mercenary too.

@Vyprstryke Of course. Why wouldn’t it? My save for Borderlands 2 worked fine on the digital version. Should do the same on the other two games. The only way it would not be compatible if your physical copies come from a different region.

+ tomxbomb on January 13th, 2014 at 1:23 pm said:

Its certainly a great time to be a PS+ subscriber. Im also really glad I held out on buying FC3:BD last week!

+ Skyyplum on January 13th, 2014 at 1:25 pm said:

Zero sales for PS4,great job Sony. Keep giving us cheap indie games and no sales while giving last gen amazing deals and free games. Why do I stay a plus member on PS4? We need it for online and yet the servers are even worse than last gen and when it comes to sales or free games we get about 5% of what PS3 and Vita users get. I understand it’s early in the PS4 cycle so I don’t expect many free games but a sale once in a blue moon would be nice because seeing past gen get so many deals and free games is a kick to the balls and it’s not nice.

+ Ruben2Gunstealer on January 13th, 2014 at 1:33 pm said:

Wow glad I saved my Christmas money

+ TooLVolta on January 13th, 2014 at 1:35 pm said:

Deus Ex, Tales of Xillia and Peace Walker for vita!? I will be getting these, thank you. You guys putting Persona 4 on sale again anytime soon? I keep hearing good things about this game.

+ purse317 on January 13th, 2014 at 1:38 pm said:

I’m going to spend about $30 on this sale maybe $40 depending on Killzone and that sounds great right but I can’t help wanting to have that big sale like I saw over in Europe. With that sale I’d have dropped $100 easily. I still feel short changed comparing their sale to ours now I want more.

Happy for the sale hope we see more this month but unless we see the shear volume of items like they saw overseas I’ll be disappointed.

Also I saw on twitter what’s coming to ps4 plus next moth awesome job

+ SaberX85 on January 13th, 2014 at 1:39 pm said:

Is the BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, cross buy with vita version?

thanks

+ purse317 on January 13th, 2014 at 1:41 pm said:

@140

amazon has disk and digital sales on ps4 games if your looking for a 18% discount

We need + to play online with the ps4 plus supports its network structure and the system just launched you seriously can’t hope for huge discounts now they don’t even have a hefty install base yet

+ Gustavovj on January 13th, 2014 at 1:42 pm said:

This is AWESOME!!! Gonna get Tales and Pupeteer, oh and Rain! Thanks Sony!

+ franky_boyzz on January 13th, 2014 at 1:43 pm said:

I DO ALREADY HAVE THE U L T I M A T E SONGBIRD EDITION :) crysis 3 for 5 box incredible and all the rest to wooooow ONLY PLAYSTATION CAN AFFORD THOSE KIND OF DEAL :) I F….KING LOVE YOU GUY !!!
BUY A PS VITA PPL IT CRAZY

+ WesBaya on January 13th, 2014 at 1:48 pm said:

Wow. Seriously great deals this week. Guess My backlog will be growing again.

+ Solid_Duff on January 13th, 2014 at 1:56 pm said:

At the rate that everyone wants something free every week for the PS4, we would have every game in the PS4 library.

+ razze35 on January 13th, 2014 at 2:04 pm said:

This hurts my wallet so bad! Why do you have to be so awesome PS? WHY?

No but seriously, amazing discounts!