PS4-The Order

PlayStation Plus: BioShock Infinite Joins the Instant Game Collection

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Jan 13, 2014 // Sr. Community Specialist

It’s almost time for BioShock Infinite to join the Instant Game Collection! The first BioShock allowed you to explore the downfall of the underwater society Rapture, but BioShock Infinite takes you to the skies – specificially the utopia of Colombia. As Booker DeWitt, a hired gun, you’ve been contracted to find Elizabeth, a mysterious girl locked up in a massive tower with a giant mechanical bird as a bodyguard. Just like BioShock had plasmids to amp up its first-person shooter combat, BioShock Infinite has vigors. Ranging from defensive with Return to Sender, which absorbs all damage and sends it hurling back at your enemy to the offensive with Charge, where Booker will slam into a specified opponent, you can mix up your play style throughout the game’s campaign.

There’s also a ton of titles on sale for both PS3 and PS Vita as part of our 14 for ’14 promotion including Crysis 3, Far Cry: Blood Dragon and The Wolf Among Us Season Pass, so check out all the deals below.

You can download BioShock Infinite after PlayStation Store updates tomorrow.

PlayStation Plus Update 1-14-2014

Become a PlayStation Plus member

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

BioShock Infinite (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members

PlayStation Plus: BioShock Infinite
Indebted to the wrong people and with his life on the line, veteran of the U.S. Cavalry and hired gun Booker DeWitt has only one opportunity to wipe his slate clean. He must rescue Elizabeth, a mysterious girl imprisoned since childhood and locked up in the flying city of Columbia. Forced to trust one another, Booker and Elizabeth form a powerful bond during their daring escape.“BioShock Infinite is a brilliant shooter that nudges the entire genre forward” – IGN: 9.4/10

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

$29.99

$59.99

Far Cry Blood Dragon

$3.75

$7.49

$14.99

Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut (Cross Buy)

$5.24

$19.99

$39.99

The Wolf Among Us Season Pass

$13.49

$14.99

$19.99

Thomas Was Alone (Cross Buy)

$2.50

$17.99

$35.99

LIMBO PS Vita

$3.75

$7.49

$14.99

Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut (Cross Buy)

$5.24

$17.99

$35.99

SPELUNKY (Cross Buy)

$3.75

$7.49

$14.99

Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark (Cross Buy)

$4.19

$5.99

$9.99

The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season

$5.00

$9.99

$19.99

Thomas Was Alone (Cross Buy)

$2.50

$14.99

Other Discounts

Game Title PS Plus Price Regular Price

Proteus (Cross Buy)

$5.94

$8.49

Proteus PS Vita (Cross Buy)

$5.94

$8.49

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

Last Chance (Leaving on 1/21)

Instant Game Collection
Oddworld Stranger’s Wrath (PS Vita)
ICO (PS3)

Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark PS Vita
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time PS Vita
The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER
Deus Ex Human Revolution: Director’s Cut

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

PAGE 1 4 5 6

+ ULaCkDiScPLinE on January 14th, 2014 at 10:15 am said:

Sony, is it possible that the games available for PSN (Instant Game Collection) on the PS3 will be available on the PSN (Instant Game Collection) on the PS4? What about if I download games via PSN on the PS3… Will they be available for me to download eventually via PSN on the PS4 or PS Now? WIll PS Now come at a discount to PS+ members?

+ blind_snyper on January 14th, 2014 at 10:33 am said:

@250

They haven’t released too much information regarding this.

One site/news paper did ask if a game purchased on PSN for the PS3 will be free to stream on PS Now and the official answer was NO.

+ kmetek on January 14th, 2014 at 10:45 am said:

when is this going live? 2pm which time?

+ Mcgnnis on January 14th, 2014 at 10:49 am said:

Can’t wait to get my hands on Crysis 3, Blood Dragon and Tales of Xilia. Already own the Bioshock Infinite Songbird Edition. Wait…that reminds me to at least open the box of that Songbird statue…lol

+ zane20x on January 14th, 2014 at 10:52 am said:

i had fun with dmc got every non dlc trophy but jackpot didnt feel like going after it i did try though is was just some mission i couldnt get sss on i wish it wasnt patch but whatever cant wait to play bioshock i will try to get every trophy on that mabye that 1999 mode i herd was hard cant wait to try

+ Yanlloyd on January 14th, 2014 at 11:03 am said:

Killzone wow. Gonna get this along with Walking Dead. :D

+ coxy4454 on January 14th, 2014 at 11:23 am said:

-Cries happily- I just love you guys so much!

+ ALONTE_17 on January 14th, 2014 at 12:09 pm said:

when is the store updating?

+ xtal84 on January 14th, 2014 at 12:34 pm said:

The PS Plus page on the store isn’t updated but if you look up Bioshock Infinite, for example, the free status has now been applied, so the same likely goes for all of the sale items and whatnot.

+ PiotrRasputinBR on January 14th, 2014 at 1:00 pm said:

Am I going crazy or MGS price changed from $5.00 to $6.99 without any notice????? I guess we should expect such things from a sneaky game like this one… :P

+ mochabear5 on January 14th, 2014 at 1:03 pm said:

What time of day do the new games get put in the store?

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on January 14th, 2014 at 1:05 pm said:

Many of them are there already, but I would wait a few hours if prices aren’t coming up properly.

They try to update the store by 2pm PST (5pm EST).

+ DragonusFirus on January 14th, 2014 at 1:18 pm said:

K, I got my stuff…

Crysis
Puppeteer
T Of X
TWA
Killzone
Stealth Inc
Velocity Ultra
MGS

+ Bioshock.

I think I am set for this year.

+ Stormshadowrule on January 14th, 2014 at 1:30 pm said:

Is don’t starve gonna be on ps3

+ armeliman on January 14th, 2014 at 1:43 pm said:

Bioshock Infinite looks fun, unfortunately I don’t have enough space on my hdd. I’ll download it some other time I guess. The sales look pretty good too. One thing I would like to see for future Plus updates is PS1/PS2 classics on the IGC. I’m sure I’m not the only one who would love more free classics. SOTN was probably the best PS1 freebie I’ve ever gotten.

+ kyleboulton15 on January 14th, 2014 at 3:29 pm said:

I recommend ‘The Walking Dead’ easily, masterpiece aint the word after getting told to play it I switched back to my ps3 (from ps4) and spent hours demolishing it to have done all the episodes in 2 days,i even cried twice during the game my favourite games are 1.fallout 3 2.skyrim 3. was once fallout new vegas but now the walking dead, simple buy it its just amazing

+ rudetoy on January 14th, 2014 at 4:36 pm said:

Guys, after you download a game on PSN, do you have to sustain an internet connection in order to play and have access to the game? I am curious, because I know the games expire after a certain time. I am guessing you have to constantly have an internet connection on your console, so PSN can tell whether the game has expired for you or not? (subscription running out, etc).

+ dcrock80 on January 14th, 2014 at 6:34 pm said:

I just picked up Walking Dead and Killzone Mercenary from the sale. I couldn’t resist the great deals. Hopefully there are more deals to come throught the year as good as this one. Especially including the PS4.

+ rudetoy on January 14th, 2014 at 6:59 pm said:

I think you’ll be happy with PS4 content in February. Saw that horror title “Outlast” is coming to Instant Game Collection!

+ rudetoy on January 14th, 2014 at 7:00 pm said:

+ PureOxy on January 14th, 2014 at 7:36 pm said:

So I’ve downloaded the timed trial and played it before it came to psplus full,
And when I got into the game it said that I have 30 minutes until the content expires.
Is that supposed to happen? :o

+ Gamerzlimited on January 14th, 2014 at 8:48 pm said:

@rudetoy No, you do not need internet to play the game. That would be greedy and stupid like Microsoft is doing with the Xbone. You only need the internet to download the game, that’s all. The PS3 has a calendar, so it knows when the subscription will expire so don’t bother trying to use custom firmware of some sort to be able to keep the games forever for free.

+ rudetoy on January 14th, 2014 at 9:59 pm said:

@Gamerzlimited- thanks for the response…good info to know! Yes, MS is the worst and why I will not be buying the X1.

+ Numbi on January 14th, 2014 at 10:44 pm said:

Every week I see people leaving their comments “this week sucks”, “the sales this week are disappointing.” but no one can complain this week. Or this month even. Everyone expects a great game every week but its not going to happen. Expect a great triple A title maybe 4 times a year, a decent great game maybe 10 times a year and a bunch of “meh” the rest of the year. The point of playstation plus is to have more games than you could ever possibly play and that is something I have benefited from so I am a happy customer. But this month is great! Devil may Cry, Bioshock Infinite, and Brothers are all games I WANTED to play and that is a rare thing. I was about to purchase Bioshock a few weeks ago but went with Catherine instead. Bravo to Playstation for another A+ month!

+ An71h3r00oo on January 14th, 2014 at 10:51 pm said:

Great deals but unfortunately I am stuck in the Eurpean store. Does anyone know if these offers will also come to available for other countries?

+ IILeGiT_GhOsTII on January 15th, 2014 at 6:54 am said:

Mine says game trial for BioShock infinite?

+ IILeGiT_GhOsTII on January 15th, 2014 at 6:57 am said:

Best game on PS Plus for me is Borderlands 2

+ slater4ever on January 15th, 2014 at 9:11 am said:

I have a problem, I downloaded DmC Devil May Cry and it work perfectly. Then I downloaded Bioshock: Infinite and it says trial. If someone would help me I would be thankful.

+ ojha_cojek on January 15th, 2014 at 10:57 am said:

So where is Bioshock? Is it the same as for Grid2 only free Trial?

+ slater4ever on January 15th, 2014 at 11:42 am said:

Oh it’s just an annoying glitch. The game works and it’s awesome. Guess you either gotta wait for it to show up as a full game or run the trial out and restart the game.

+ dkdivine on January 15th, 2014 at 12:28 pm said:

Can someone who has played Deus Ex Human Revolution Directors Cut on the PS3 with the PS Vita as the second screen (controller?) let me how in functions?
What is displayed on the PS Vita screen? Can the PS Vita touch screen feature be use to drop-down menus? Can the game character movement and camera movement be controlled with the PS Vita or do you need to put down the PS Vita and pick up the PS3 controller?

+ rudetoy on January 15th, 2014 at 3:21 pm said:

The Bioshock: Infinite download says it’s only 6.4GB. Surely the game is bigger than that? My other downloads (Puppeteer, Rain) say FULL DOWNLOAD, but Bioshock does not.

Problems?

+ UgoGalimbertti on January 15th, 2014 at 5:44 pm said:

If somebody could help me: I am already a memeber on PS Plus US, got the one year membership with my ps3 bundle, but it will end in 2 or 3 months. Recently I moved to Brazil and I would like to know that if I sign the PS Plus Brazil now, do I lose all the games I’ve already downloaded?

+ nagids on January 15th, 2014 at 7:07 pm said:

(Sorry for my english)
Somebody can help me? I recently finished to download Bioshock Infinite 3 TIMES and tried 3 times installing the game but I can’t, in 14% or 15% of install it says an error 80029564 everytime! I have 50gb free in hdd, I don’t know exactly what I have to do. In the message of the error says that I have to wait and keep trying in other moment. :(

+ Shugo-PNM on January 15th, 2014 at 8:40 pm said:

Great, I’ve been waiting for Bioshock Infinite, I still can’t believe that we are getting it in the IGC.

Also, I wasn’t expecting the 14 for 14 sales at all, and I was glad for a couple of discounts. I think that maybe some of them will come to me :B

Keep up the good work! Thanks PS Team!

+ kmetek on January 16th, 2014 at 9:11 am said:

283: no you don’t. keep both accounts active.

+ rudetoy on January 16th, 2014 at 5:51 pm said:

Guys, just curious if you think it’s worth it to have LIMBO on the Vita and how it compares to its presentation on the bigger consoles? I love the game but wondering if the experience is better/worse on the Vita.

+ the-dreamweaverx on January 16th, 2014 at 6:31 pm said:

I have a question : Can I buy the dlc for Bioshock Infinite? Amazing games this month by the way.

+ GREYWARDNER99 on January 16th, 2014 at 9:28 pm said:

tales of xillia !!! xDD

+ luism2008 on January 16th, 2014 at 10:23 pm said:

When we download Bioshock.. will it be in native 720 or native 1080p? I downloaded it .. but not sure what version it downloaded.. In addition there is the in game purchase of the season pass, it indicates in the details that its hdtv screen resolution :720p, 1080p..

How can i tell which one it downloaded?

Thanks!

+ luism2008 on January 18th, 2014 at 12:16 am said:

Is the Bioshock Infinite download for PS3 PS+ 1080p or 720?

Thanks

+ Skwodge on January 18th, 2014 at 1:09 am said:

Any news for Australia?

+ kristofsamu on January 18th, 2014 at 1:38 am said:

Nice discounts! I can’t wait the saints row IV in IGC!

+ DeLucaFTW on January 18th, 2014 at 5:23 am said:

Hi! Is Bioshock infinite and the 14 for ’14 coming to Europe?

+ ADRENALIN_101 on January 19th, 2014 at 2:38 pm said:

I would like to see these games in the US PS+

1) Red Dead Redemption
2) Max Payne 3
3) Darksiders 2
4) Batman Arkham City
5) Mass Effect Trilogy
6)Grand Theft Auto 4 complete
7) Psychonauts
8) Limbo
9) L.A. Noire
10) Beyond Good and Evil HD
11) Dark Souls
12) Lone Survivor
13) Tomb Raider

+ RK128 on January 20th, 2014 at 7:52 am said:

Wow, what a great sale :). Picked up Pupetter, Killzone, Walking Dead Vita, and Epic Mickey 2 alongside many indie games like Stealth Inc I’ve been having my eye on for some time. Really awesome sale, almost tops the Japanese sale that happened a few months back :).

For anyone interested in the sale, pick up Pupetter! It is a really great game with tons of charm, really fun gameplay, and surprisingly a great story (something not many 2D Platformers have). Even with all that, there is a ton of content (21 levels with each level having a secret bonus level), so the 7 dollar price point makes it a steal. Shame many missed it when it originally came out :(.

I have to give a shout out to Epic Mickey 2 as well. Sure, it isn’t a great game, but it isn’t a bad one either. Unlike the original game, this one knows what it wants to be and fixes a few of the flaws the original had and even fixing some flaws in the PS3 version (your choices having a small impact on the story, the camera being much better with a second stick, being able to paint with the touch screen, better AI). If you own a Vita and want a fun platformer, then pick this one up :).

+ iurifiedorukus on January 20th, 2014 at 9:46 am said:

BioShock Infinite is so good that made me want to play the original game. Any chance on it getting some discount for PSN Plus members soon? :)

+ TriangleMan42 on January 31st, 2014 at 10:13 pm said:

This game didn’t come out too long ago did it good job sony. I’m glad I chose to come with the ps instead of sticking with the xbox

+ EXQUISITEEMPRESS on February 8th, 2014 at 4:20 pm said:

Thank you for Bioshock Infinite.

PAGE 1 4 5 6