Far Cry 4

Tearaway Soundtrack Available Today

James Spafford's Avatar + Posted by James Spafford on Jan 14, 2014 // Community Manager

The Music of Tearaway

Get your ears ready, because the Tearaway original soundtrack is available on PlayStation Store today for $7.99!

Composed and performed by our very own Kenneth Young and our good pal Brian D’Oliveira, the critically- acclaimed Tearaway soundtrack will take you on a folk-infused journey ranging from traditional tunes to dubstep — and beyond. With a play time of about 1 hour and 15 minutes, there are 44 tracks included on the soundtrack; all your favorite tunes from the game mastered into an awesome, standalone, musical experience.

To tease your ear canals, check out this trailer and feast your ears upon seas shanties and folk-dubstep, too.

+ Ejsponge61 on January 14th, 2014 at 9:06 am said:

such happy
much joy
very listen
wow

+ depward on January 14th, 2014 at 9:12 am said:

I’ll buy anything Tearaway to support the brand. Such a beautifully well put together game!

James Spafford's Avatar

+ James Spafford on January 15th, 2014 at 6:14 am said:

Thanks :)

+ chavez1138 on January 14th, 2014 at 9:12 am said:

out today? I got it day one with my digital copy of the game.

+ TheExiled12894 on January 14th, 2014 at 9:13 am said:

Oh cool, I’ll support this. Any chance of some future DLC for the game? :V

James Spafford's Avatar

+ James Spafford on January 15th, 2014 at 6:14 am said:

Not sure yet… we’re thinking about it quite hard though.

+ easterkeke on January 14th, 2014 at 9:35 am said:

Dat gif doe.

+ JJfutbol on January 14th, 2014 at 9:43 am said:

Awesome! Any chance it will be available on iTunes?

James Spafford's Avatar

+ James Spafford on January 15th, 2014 at 6:15 am said:

We’re investigating that, maybe at some point, but for now it’s just on the PS Store.

+ remanutd5 on January 14th, 2014 at 10:05 am said:

This is nice and all but how about we get new AAA killzone,tearawy quality titles on the vita?

+ GABEv01 on January 14th, 2014 at 10:16 am said:

Gif is bonkers! Tearaway is so much fun! Hehe!

+ MrVargas on January 14th, 2014 at 10:47 am said:

Too pricey for me. I’ve never purchased a gaming soundtrack but I really liked the Tearaway music. Perhaps for like $2.99 I’d buy it. Considering the crazy sales starting today $8 just feels too much imo.

+ airic82 on January 14th, 2014 at 11:08 am said:

Awesome! I was so hoping for this. Thanks!

+ MrSignal on January 14th, 2014 at 11:26 am said:

After seeing the recent price drops on the game, it’s sorta nice to have gotten this with the pre-order.

Spectacular soundtrack BTW. Everyone usually has a favorite.

+ plaztiksyke on January 14th, 2014 at 11:34 am said:

will this soundtrack be 320kbps AAC? some of the more recent soundtracks have been 256kbps MP3, which is a noticeable quality drop from soundtracks released a few years ago :/ getting charged the same price for worse quality isn’t great fan service IMO.

if it’s 320kbps, I’ll buy it immediately.

+ KazeEternal on January 14th, 2014 at 12:10 pm said:

Still waiting on the Killzone Shadow Fall Soundtrack on PS4

+ CrimsonNemo on January 14th, 2014 at 12:25 pm said:

Only 8 dollars for such an amazing soundtrack?
You had me sold at “Tearaway Soundtrack Available Today”

+ Robbie_G_lrish on January 14th, 2014 at 12:27 pm said:

Wow, I just listened to a few tracks and who knew folk music and dubstep would go together so well? Anyone ever listen to A Tribe Called Red? It’s like traditional native american music mixed with dubstep, pretty rad.

+ lisatsunami on January 14th, 2014 at 2:31 pm said:

Delightful game but sometimes you have to be a finger contortionist to use the back screen and move Atoi simultaneously, lol.

Can’t wait for future Media Molecule games!!!

+ NeoMahi on January 14th, 2014 at 5:03 pm said:

Does it come on a CD?

James Spafford's Avatar

+ James Spafford on January 15th, 2014 at 6:16 am said:

it’s a digital download.

+ ThatCoolGuy2012 on January 15th, 2014 at 7:38 am said:

Is it gonna be on music unlimited?

+ Welmosca on January 15th, 2014 at 8:17 am said:

Ha very nice….Kenneth Young is the man…always loved his songs since LBP 1.

+ AwShucks on January 15th, 2014 at 2:22 pm said:

At the risk of sounding clueless, I just purchased this from the PSN web store and how the heck do I download it to my PC? If it’s only playable on PS3/Vita that’s going to be a huge bummer and waste of my $8 that I just spent since it’s not like I carry around my Vita to listen to music.

+ afigueroa on January 15th, 2014 at 2:25 pm said:

Tearaway is a great game!!!
Soundtrack is awesome.

+ favabeans on January 15th, 2014 at 6:42 pm said:

My 7yo son is asking for a tear away themed birthday party.. We’ve made some of the paper craft but that’s it so far… Any help with ideas? Thank you for an amazing game!

+ tusunami on January 15th, 2014 at 7:03 pm said:

I know the game is superb from all of the reviews I have read. Now at some point I have to get this!!!!!!!

+ AwShucks on January 16th, 2014 at 9:52 am said:

In response to myself, it was a pain but after installing this on Vita it will then copy the songs to your music folder and then you can copy them to your PC via USB or Wi-fi. But hey, now I’m listening to the soundtrack so that’s a win!

@favabeans
Get some plain drink cups and print off some art to wrap around them? You might have to just do a lot more papercrafting :) Maybe get the soundtrack to have as your background music? Or find a party company locally that will do screening of art onto plates/balloons/decorations?

+ Elvick_ on January 17th, 2014 at 12:24 am said:

Masterpiece game. Best Vita game for me (dethroned Gravity Rush).

+ ixnine on January 17th, 2014 at 11:19 pm said:

With full time work, and other personal health matters, I finally found the time to finish this game 10 minutes ago. Not gonna lie, I was crying when…

:::SPOILER ALERT:::

The game ended and the Iota’s story was being told.

:::END SPOILERS:::

Yeah, it had me in tears. Now I’m on my way to download the soundtrack.

With much love, thanks, Media Molecule.

- ixnine

P.S. Maybe it’s just really dusty in here or someone is cutting onions.

+ bertraar2 on January 19th, 2014 at 12:32 pm said:

#Spyro #Crash #Vita

+ aqhong on January 24th, 2014 at 1:54 pm said:

What format and bitrate is this release, and is there any DRM?