PS4-Infamous

New, Free Killzone Shadow Fall Multiplayer Maps Revealed

Poria Torkan's Avatar + Posted by Poria Torkan on Jan 15, 2014 // Producer, Guerrilla Games

Today we’re giving you a look at the first pair of downloadable multiplayer maps for Killzone Shadow Fall, inspired by key locations from the single-player campaign. The maps will be released to the community free of charge, and will be fully compatible with Killzone Shadow Fall’s Custom Warzone feature.

Killzone Shadow Fall DLC: Cruiser

First up is The Cruiser, a close-to-mid-range combat map set in the confines of a decommissioned ISA cruiser. Consisting of tight, claustrophobic corridors and interconnected compartments, the key to dominating this map is identifying and controlling its choke points.

Killzone Shadow Fall DLC: Hangar

Next is The Hangar, a wide-open map situated in the hangar bay of one of Helghan’s humongous mining spires. In addition to the main area, which offers long lines of sight suitable for sniping, the map contains alternative routes that will need to be secured for full control.

Apart from The Cruiser and The Hanger multiplayer maps, we’re also working on the first DLC expansion pack for Killzone Shadow Fall. We’ll have more information on what it entails and when it’s available in the near future. There’s a whole season of exciting multiplayer content coming to Killzone Shadow Fall, so be sure to pick up the Season Pass to get it all at the best value!

40 Comments

+ Tjoeb123 on January 15th, 2014 at 9:19 am said:

KZ:SF is awesome and all….but….why don’t us Vita players get some DLC goodies as well? (for Killzone: Mercenary)

+ Beckerjr on January 15th, 2014 at 9:24 am said:

Mercenary will get one map pack that I’ve read about.

+ Sonicfan11589 on January 15th, 2014 at 9:28 am said:

Any info on when the next patch for Killzone: Mercenary is? I know it is this month though.

+ ABO___OMAR on January 15th, 2014 at 9:32 am said:

I think CO-OP should have been the first thing to be released.

its the most important reason that made me buy the season pass.

+ HomicidalKaos on January 15th, 2014 at 9:33 am said:

I’m pretty sure that Merc is getting TWO new maps, plus an offline bot mode. But I don’t know when.

+ Rezolution77 on January 15th, 2014 at 9:36 am said:

Even after seeing the $9 plus price tag for this game, I am still glad I bought and supported it.
Keep up the Good Work.

I look forward to trying these maps out, and same goes for the AI bot addition.

Definitely A Great Game.

+ G-Force08 on January 15th, 2014 at 9:43 am said:

Nice update for Shadow Fall!

For those of you asking about Killzone Mercenary, those maps are coming: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/26/new-killzone-mercenary-updates-coming-free-multiplayer-maps/

+ Grindhead_Jim on January 15th, 2014 at 9:48 am said:

Any ETA on the release of these first maps?

+ BattleSkard on January 15th, 2014 at 9:49 am said:

Nice LOVE Killzone. Cant wait for the DLC

+ Zezzler on January 15th, 2014 at 9:51 am said:

I LOOOOVE Shadow Fall, and have been playing a bunch of multiplayer since launch, so this is a treat for me :D Thanks Guerrilla Games!

+ Skater_Ricky on January 15th, 2014 at 10:04 am said:

@Rezolution77
You obviously didn’t read the article. This is about Killzone: Shadow Fall.

I’m hoping to get KZ:SF at some point for my PS4. Right now I’m enjoying Battlefield 4. Hope to pick up KZ:M since its on sale for the 14 for 14 sale!

+ IcedDice777 on January 15th, 2014 at 10:20 am said:

Looking forward to these maps. Guerrilla Games Needs to spice up Killzone’s SF Mp component with some Exo suits, Intruders and some vehicle’s ie Tanks, Apc, ect. Imo it would make the game buckets of fun.

My .02

+ iREVOLTER on January 15th, 2014 at 10:24 am said:

Free maps! Free maps! Free maps! Love the freebies!

+ warezIbanez on January 15th, 2014 at 10:27 am said:

I’m a bit leery of The Cruiser, to be honest. If it’s larger than the Cruiser map DLC from Killzone 2, then I won’t be as leery. By the way, anyone looking for a good group of people to play with should check out RebelAllianceClan.com. We’re also working on a guide for the game, called Killzone 401!

+ drd7of14 on January 15th, 2014 at 11:05 am said:

Remeber when there was splitscreen in Multiplayer for Killzone? I don’t…Oh wait yeah. There was a console that had splitscreen in multiplayer…what was it, oh yeah, the PS2!!! I mean, jeez…Is it really not possible. Lower the quality, whatever it takes. I’d rather play with my brother than have a prettier game. And if you want pretty, play alone.

+ drd7of14 on January 15th, 2014 at 11:05 am said:

Killzone – 2 player splitscreen (Competitive multiplayer)

Killzone 2 – No Splitscreen

Killzone 3 -Splitscreen Coop (SimulView preferred, cause the splitscreen made it so small to keep the aspect)

Killzone: Shadowfall – No Splitscreen

So…..Killzone 5 we will have Splitscreen again!?

It honestly is a deal breaker, and such a pleasant sigh of relief when this feature is included. I’ll even take an offline bot mode for just some fun splitscreen madness, that way the servers are unaffected by frame rate drops and such. Please consider it Guerrila. I love Killzone, and I really do like the multiplayer, but this lack of support…I never play, and quite honestly, the Season Pass I didn’t buy cause the COOP didn’t have Splitscreen either. No interest. I don’t have 2 PS4s. Please consider this in the future if possible. I would love it to make a comeback in a future update.

+ KidCommando on January 15th, 2014 at 11:28 am said:

Sounds good and looking forward to them….but a release date would have been nice.

I guess the Cruiser map will be another Sickle heavy Warzone with the ” tight, claustrophobic corridors and interconnected compartments.” We shall see how it all plays out!

+ SeanScythe on January 15th, 2014 at 11:57 am said:

Am I the only one that hates the Jumping in the MP of Shadow Fall? You jump and your forward movement stops and you just jump up. Also I can’t jump down and shoot someone. If you have someone below you and you jump down to them you can’t shoot until you hit the ground.

+ Brooklyn008 on January 15th, 2014 at 12:00 pm said:

Free maps? CoD should take some notes… LOL

+ zombie9 on January 15th, 2014 at 12:28 pm said:

I still can’t find a PS4 so this Killzone I will pick up in bargain bin. Oh wait I look on Amazon and there selling PS4′s from 600+ glad to see non PS Fans getting a hold of a PS4 and selling it for profit who could of though..

+ yazter on January 15th, 2014 at 12:48 pm said:

@20 It’s called Supply and Demand. It’s the foundation of capitalism. Get used to it, bubbe. <3

Is the Cruiser similar to KZ 2's?

Also, release date + Trophies? =)

+ yazter on January 15th, 2014 at 12:56 pm said:

@KidCommando

I avoid you in MP like the plague. Btw this is a compliment :)

+ AstroZen on January 15th, 2014 at 1:35 pm said:

Liked the Single/Campaign play through. Shame there is no more single player / campaign DLC to extend the end. It just seemed too short.

+ DarkHoop on January 15th, 2014 at 3:22 pm said:

I really like Killzone. I wish I could get some contact from there support for my bug though. Can’t unlock to last scope for my last support weapon.

Can’t wait though I already have the season pack!!!

+ XeahuleXolic on January 15th, 2014 at 3:25 pm said:

I love this game!! I wish I had more time in my life to play more lol keep up the good work everyone!!

+ gowofwarkratos1 on January 15th, 2014 at 5:39 pm said:

That’s really a good news! Thanks!

+ tusunami on January 15th, 2014 at 6:41 pm said:

I can’t for this to finally come out, now I just need to know when he next firmware update is.

+ enricky559 on January 15th, 2014 at 7:15 pm said:

That’s awesome! Can’t wait to play on these maps when they release.

+ SirkSirk on January 15th, 2014 at 9:16 pm said:

Free map sound sweet! I hope the co-op DLC doesn’t take too long I want to play Co-op so bad! I didn’t buy the season pass, waiting for DLC to be released first. Made that mistake once before… I’M LOOKING AT YOU “The Last of Us”!

+ jayvanrey on January 16th, 2014 at 2:20 am said:

Sounds looks/Dope

+ C4L_R3VOLUTION on January 16th, 2014 at 5:54 am said:

Are there any updates on clan support?

+ FlyLeaf28 on January 16th, 2014 at 10:19 am said:

Hey Hey will killzone on psvita free maps pack too?

+ Sir_Bronius on January 16th, 2014 at 10:58 am said:

An announcement of nothing. No release date of the maps and NO RELEASE DATE OF COOP. I bought a season pass 2 months ago and still nothing for it? No release dates or anything? wtf, seriously.

+ DevilOfMidnight on January 16th, 2014 at 11:27 am said:

Haven’t bought the game yet, but I just wanted to say you guys are badasses to release DLC for no cost. Loving Mercenary from the 14 for 14 sale!

+ xR0SAxIROS3IxR03 on January 16th, 2014 at 7:22 pm said:

Excited! But I wish we could get a release date on something , like the Voice packs for female VSA & Helghan , BTW please make Female characters available it would be weird having a male VSA or Helghan and sounding like a female .

+ Elvick_ on January 17th, 2014 at 12:20 am said:

Still need to try the online. xP

+ noobsta98 on January 17th, 2014 at 9:49 am said:

cool :3

+ Assassin_-Altair on January 17th, 2014 at 5:43 pm said:

Yeah the Vita Killzone came out last year and its kinda sad consoles are getting all the support and Vita gets leftovers. I dont want indies games thise arent for me im talkin bout full time support just as much as the pS4 and pther consoles get. When are these maps being released for Killzone Mercenary!?

+ scamurai on January 18th, 2014 at 3:15 pm said:

KZ SF has been a huge disappointment. Killzone 3 was a better game. The bolt action sniper in KZ SF is slow and awful and encourages a campy style gameplay. The slow, blocky, movement in the game is annoying. Want to improve the game? Add the VC-32 back in. For the life of me I can’t figure out why I haven’t sold my copy of KZ SF. I guess because there are so few PS4 games.

+ kingBatman89 on February 6th, 2014 at 10:40 pm said:

I b throwin up at least 45 to 55 kills a game b nice to no when the map pack droops