PS4-Watch_Dogs

The Drop: New PlayStation Releases for January 21st, 2014

Ryan Clements's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Clements on Jan 19, 2014 // Social Media Specialist

The Drop

If there’s one thing that video games have taught us through the years, it’s this: don’t fall on your face. Really, just let that one sink in for a bit. Falling on your face hurts, it’s embarrassing, and more often than not it interrupts your score combo. Fortunately, a new, retro skateboarding game named OlliOlli is here to train you on avoiding faceplants. It launches this week on PlayStation Vita.

OlliOlli combines the fun of pulling off tricks with the thrill of one-life gameplay. In order to keep your score going, you’ll need to hit every single landing perfectly. No falling on your face. OlliOlli features more than 120 tricks and grinds to master across 50 brutally challenging levels. Train up, and you could even take on the Daily Grind — a worldwide, one-time-only challenge to earn a highscore in a 24 hour period.

For a complete list of games and demos coming to PlayStation this week, head below. And enjoy the Drop!

Lucifer Ring
OlliOlli

New PlayStation Releases This Week

PSone Import — Digital
Following in the footsteps of classic beat ‘em ups like Golden Axe, this Japanese import features side-scrolling action and hordes of nasty baddies to fight along the way. Watch a story unfold through anime cutscenes, then jump into the action with elemental spells, potions, and a rich combo system. Face bosses, traverse huge environments, and take down that nasty skeleton lord. He looks mean.
PS Vita — Digital
Prepare for a classic skateboarding challenge. Master more than 120 tricks and grinds in this hunt for high scores — and don’t forget to stick the landing. Skate through 50 fiendish levels, 250 challenges, and face the world in the Daily Grind where you have one chance to submit your score in a 24 hour period. You will slam on your face. Stay strong in the face of this great adversity.

Demos and Betas

The information above is subject to change without notice.

PAGE 1 2
Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on January 19th, 2014 at 9:42 am said:

Don’t let that combo Drop.

+ Mister-Nep on January 19th, 2014 at 9:45 am said:

Lucifer’s Ring has my interest.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on January 19th, 2014 at 9:48 am said:

Indeed! Hope you enjoy it.

+ gerneric123 on January 19th, 2014 at 9:45 am said:

What about that secret sauce demo teased on the blogcast?

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on January 19th, 2014 at 9:47 am said:

All will be revealed soon…

+ TheExiled12894 on January 19th, 2014 at 9:46 am said:

Looking forward to the Toukiden demo. It’ll be a nice snack to hold me over for the full game in February ^_^

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on January 19th, 2014 at 9:48 am said:

Yeah, that game looks like the business.

+ TADAMS2012 on January 19th, 2014 at 9:47 am said:

How much will OlliOlli cost?

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on January 19th, 2014 at 9:48 am said:

We’ll have more details on pricing soon!

+ beetlegossip on January 19th, 2014 at 9:49 am said:

Mega Early Drop, Ryan! You taking the rest of the day off, haha?

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on January 19th, 2014 at 9:50 am said:

Yup! After I answer some comments here, I will go play Dragon’s Crown and Don’t Starve for the rest of the day. :-D

+ Dangisuckatgamin on January 19th, 2014 at 9:52 am said:

Oh wonderful drop *rolls eyes*

+ SouthSideChris on January 19th, 2014 at 10:08 am said:

Thanks, Clements, for the Drop. It looks a little short this week but that Toukiden demo has me pretty excited. I’m glad they decided to do a demo for this game. Looks like this game is the closest that we will get to Monster Hunter on Vita. Maybe it’ll be better than MH. :)

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on January 19th, 2014 at 10:32 am said:

Yeah, looks cool, doesn’t it? I’m pumped to try it out.

+ ChibiKnight on January 19th, 2014 at 10:09 am said:

Yay Toukiden Demo!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on January 19th, 2014 at 10:32 am said:

Yay!

+ Gamer_USA- on January 19th, 2014 at 10:11 am said:

I love games that present a challenge! how do you pronounce it anyways?

Im still hoping for a metal gear solid vita sale also!

+ gerneric123 on January 19th, 2014 at 10:17 am said:

Toe-key-den

+ hawjboi2009 on January 19th, 2014 at 10:18 am said:

hey Ryan, not again.. no new games for ps4 to buy.. ughh two week in a row for no new games on ps4 make me so disappoint

+ ElReminator on January 19th, 2014 at 10:18 am said:

Crossing my fingers for a Lightning Returns demo too. ;)

We know it’s there and ready somewhere… :)

+ PZDugna on January 19th, 2014 at 10:22 am said:

Sweet get to try out Toukiden….also personally I hope the other demo is Danganronpa >.< the wait for to come out is killing me *sigh*…owell a few more weeks.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on January 19th, 2014 at 10:58 am said:

Hang in there!

+ djsaiyan on January 19th, 2014 at 10:30 am said:

Gonna give Toukiden a go, and spend the rest of the week trying to catch up on my backlog before February hits and the winter release slump ends.

No way I’ll get through all of it but dang it, I’m gonna try!

+ MapleStory on January 19th, 2014 at 10:31 am said:

This is quite possibly the shortest “Drop” of all time! haha Looking forward to sales/discounts. NIS, you guys need to give us Legasista for half off already!!

+ djsaiyan on January 19th, 2014 at 10:34 am said:

@16 There was one just before Christmas that was literally just a happy holidays post from Clements. =P

+ Se_7_eN on January 19th, 2014 at 10:34 am said:

Based on the Basement Crawl post, it sounds like you guys already have the final packages form them…. Why wait!?

I WANT IT!

+ Mando44646 on January 19th, 2014 at 10:37 am said:

I’m in for Toukiden.

But seriously, STILL no War Thunder? Or Planetside? My PS4 hasn’t even been touched since I beat AC4 a while ago. We need GAMES to play on it and Indies aren’t cutting it

+ XDrowX on January 19th, 2014 at 10:47 am said:

Is Lucifer Ring translated?

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Olsen on January 20th, 2014 at 9:42 am said:

Hi there! I’m the PR guy for MonkeyPaw, the publisher of the game. It isn’t translated but our website has some guides and help documents for the game if you get stuck. Just on a personal note, I don’t speak any Japanese and I’m able to play through the game as there is a lot of English to help me along.

+ TJF588 on January 19th, 2014 at 10:56 am said:

That nasty skeleton lord, 2mean4me

Ah, the day when PlayStation Now kicks in, that I can stop regretting my lack of a Vita.

+ tj5678 on January 19th, 2014 at 10:58 am said:

Ryan,

Any word on the vita 64 gb memory card making it over to the US? After last weeks vita sales in the PSN store I seriously need more space. The 32 gb card just doesn’t cut it anymore!!! thx- Tom

+ LURKING_WOLF on January 19th, 2014 at 11:03 am said:

more crapy indies is this all we can expect in the future a bunch of indies?

+ pablofsi08 on January 19th, 2014 at 11:12 am said:

Where are the ps4 games…

+ ElektroDragon on January 19th, 2014 at 11:14 am said:

I didn’t expect this January to be SO horrible, worse than any other January I remember (and they’re all bad for video games) given we just had a major next gen launch. Please tell me this isn’t going to be the Wii U all over again…. right now it feels like it.

+ ElektroDragon on January 19th, 2014 at 11:15 am said:

@22 You can import a 64GB card cheaply from Play Asia like I did, but you’re going to run into the RIDICULOUS 100 icon Vita limit and its going to drive you insane.

+ djsaiyan on January 19th, 2014 at 11:16 am said:

@22 Import one from Play-Asia. It’ll cost you the same as what they’ll end up charging for them over here, based on the current Vita memory pricing structure.

I have a 64 GB in mine and I could not be happier.

+ noctis07_ on January 19th, 2014 at 11:20 am said:

Greetings,I plan to buy another ps vita (currently own two) my question is, how many portable devices can I link my psn account to? I saw this news

So does it mean I will be able to link my account on the three psvitas? Thanks in advance,by the way I´m enjoying last week´s sale :)

+ andrew_pohuliai on January 19th, 2014 at 11:24 am said:

so lame..

+ EJStrat on January 19th, 2014 at 11:31 am said:

Not the most world-shattering of Drops, but OlliOlli looks like a lot of fun. I really enjoy downhill trick-filled games, and having grown up on Skate-or-Die! this looks to be right up my alley.

+ APA_ZAROZO on January 19th, 2014 at 11:31 am said:

Any idea, if the Toukiden demo, will feature online multiplayer?

+ PainOfSarrow on January 19th, 2014 at 11:34 am said:

this drop is just as lame as GayerLimited inboxing me on my ps3.

+ PainOfSarrow on January 19th, 2014 at 11:38 am said:

this drop is just as lame as GamerLimited inboxing me on my ps3 craving for my attention.

+ dave05driver on January 19th, 2014 at 11:45 am said:

Toukiden demo nice, al fin yes whit this i can whait for 1 month more.

+ AmericanNinja1 on January 19th, 2014 at 11:45 am said:

Hey Ryan,

I have a question. Do you guys at the PS Blog get notified of upcoming firmware updates for the PS4? or do you guys basically find out when we do?

+ yowzagabowza on January 19th, 2014 at 11:47 am said:

Why oh why can we not get all the info we need on this post? You seriously cant tell us the price of olliolli? Why? Do u somehow not know it yet, two days before launch? Whats the point of keeping it secret? And you only listed two games, is that really it? Because ive seen plenty of weeks where only a handful of games were mentiined here, yet more were released on tuesday. Do these guys have to pay to be on the drop or something? Id really love to know what the thought process is over there when putting these posts together.

+ Grinchy on January 19th, 2014 at 11:49 am said:

I keep hoping to see Destiny of Spirits for Vita show up on one of these lists!

+ tbuck1133 on January 19th, 2014 at 11:51 am said:

Still nothing on TMNT: out of the shadows?

+ HatakeHyu on January 19th, 2014 at 11:55 am said:

Does any know if Toukiden demo progress will be carried over to the full version?

+ Amir_G_M_US on January 19th, 2014 at 11:56 am said:

Crash Bandicoot Trilogy for VITA????

+ kivi95 on January 19th, 2014 at 11:56 am said:

No PS4 release YET AGAIN? What’s wrong with devs, don’t they see there is a huge mementum for PS4 right now and we gamers will pick up whatever comes up! You should really try and release atleast 1 game per week for PS4.

+ djsaiyan on January 19th, 2014 at 11:57 am said:

@36

Out of the Shadows was a bad, broken game. They indefinitely delayed the Playstation version to attempt to fix it.

I would honestly not be surprised if it had been quietly cancelled.

+ D-Squad3 on January 19th, 2014 at 12:10 pm said:

nothing

+ tbuck1133 on January 19th, 2014 at 12:12 pm said:

@40 .. Thanks for the heads up I just want it for the Nostalgia .. I loved the turtles growing up

+ bertraar2 on January 19th, 2014 at 12:30 pm said:

#Spyro #Crash #Vita

+ iREVOLTER on January 19th, 2014 at 12:36 pm said:

@ tbuck1133 , I guess will remain an unsolved problem . Activision most likely drop their publishing rights and it may even not come to PS3. I guess both other versions are still kinda broken, nor the devs are pushing to polish those versions and releasing the PS3 one. Though who knows, maybe they’ll rebuild it from scratch and try it another shot with different dev, but not likely to happen. The Steam version that is lying in my collection is still broken.

Speaking about the drop, no surprise though. Kinda like always from what I recall within past years. Feb/ March will start pushing the games that are going to be released.

+ BattleSkard on January 19th, 2014 at 12:42 pm said:

Please add Avatars for ps4

+ clokez77 on January 19th, 2014 at 12:54 pm said:

All about that Toukiden demo! That game looks like it’s going to be the reason to own a Vita!

+ SweatySasquatch on January 19th, 2014 at 1:48 pm said:

Olli Oli oxen free! what a stupid name for a game.

+ Arikado-7 on January 19th, 2014 at 2:22 pm said:

WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP! How long are we gonna have to keep waiting for a decent selection of games. Now i understand why they call it “The Drop”, what they really mean is “The Crap Drop”. Meanwhile my VITA keeps collecting dust, but it seems like that was the purpose of the vita from the very beginning. PLAYSTATION HAS FALLEN!

PAGE 1 2