PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

This Week in PlayStation

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Jan 19, 2014 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

Guys guys guys guys, OlliOlli is out on Tuesday. It’s so close!

Ahem. Here are a few of this week’s highlights.

We’ve got a pretty killer 14 for ’14 sale going on right now, but you’d better get on it quick-like if you’re interested. Puppeteer is $7 for PlayStation Plus members! $3.75 for Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon! I daresay these deals may, in fact, be too good.

HBO GO is coming to PS3 soon, and PS4 after that. So, I guess it’s time to catch up on that there Game of Thrones so people stop yelling at me because I’ve never seen it. I hear it’s a pretty cheery, uplifting show so that’s good. The Last of Us’ single-player DLC draws ever-nearer, and we’ve got an insightful Q&A with Ashley Johnson — the voice of Ellie — to tide you over. Killzone Shadow Fall’s first pair of new (and free) multiplayer maps got an official unveil, along with a couple insider tips to help you not get dead. Toukiden, the popular Japanese demon-slaying action RPG, is getting a western release on February 11th. I can’t say I know a ton about this one, but our recent blog post has got my interest fully piqued.

What are you playing this weekend? I’m full-on addicted to Assassin’s Creed IV — sailing the open seas and wrecking any ship that has the gall to sail within my cannons’ reach is just too good.

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

Most-Watched Video of the Week

13 Comments   1 Reply

+ PanTheMan16 on January 19th, 2014 at 8:05 am said:

What We’re Reading! :)

+ Manually on January 19th, 2014 at 8:57 am said:

I’m thinking about picking up Blood Dragon since that is a crazy deal. Assassins Creed 4 was amazing I’m mad at myself for beating it so quickly since I haven’t gone back to it since then.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on January 19th, 2014 at 1:23 pm said:

Yeah Blood Dragon is an absolute steal. Great game too.

+ Sonicfan11589 on January 19th, 2014 at 8:58 am said:

My father and I got for my older brother who returns home next month a PS Vita, and thanks to some of the sales on games in the past, i re-purchased some of my games digitally, and i can give my brother my retail copies. Can’t wait to give him all the stuff i have for him including the PS Vita, 32 GB memory card (I have a 64 GB from Play Asia), 6 games from re-purchasing through sales or PS Plus., and a carrying case.

+ Sonicfan11589 on January 19th, 2014 at 9:00 am said:

I’m currently flip flopping between games on my Vita, PS3, and Wii U. I’m watching DVD’s of my shows, such as The Simpsons (I own all seasons available which are 1-16 and 20). I’m listening to video game soundtracks on my iPod and some bands like Coldplay.

+ bertraar2 on January 19th, 2014 at 12:31 pm said:

#Spyro #Crash #Vita

+ oOoSLOWPOKEoOo on January 19th, 2014 at 3:33 pm said:

When will these deals end? Because I am afraid that I wont have the money in time to purchase the 3 games I want out of them. I wont have the money to purchase anything till February 05

+ deadendblues on January 19th, 2014 at 7:47 pm said:

Playing Thomas was alone,
Watching nfl playoffs
Listening to the dingees
Reading top gear

+ geekwad71 on January 19th, 2014 at 8:25 pm said:

Picked up both Blood Dragon and Puppeteer! Looking forward to digging in!

+ St0wndWolf2083 on January 19th, 2014 at 10:02 pm said:

any 1 know if mercenary is getting free maps?

+ St0wndWolf2083 on January 19th, 2014 at 10:07 pm said:

hb0 g0 made my day 4 ps3

+ italodancemp3 on January 20th, 2014 at 4:26 am said:

Justin btw don’t you want to annouce this for blog:

+ Void_Incarnate on January 20th, 2014 at 1:55 pm said:

I’m playing: Thomas Was Alone (Thank you SCEA for the 14 for 14 sale!)
I’m watching: Archer, Adventure Time, Helix
I’m listening to: nothing at the moment
I’m reading: Bones of the Earth – Dinosaurs + Time Travel = rawr rawr ;)

I’m so glad I finally caved and grabbed Thomas Was Alone during the sale. Friends had been pestering me for months to play the game, but I’d kept putting it off because I couldn’t see the appeal of “just a bunch of rectangles”. Boy, was I ever wrong. The game so deftly imbues its simple shapes with personality that I was engrossed in the narrative from the word ‘go’. Two thumbs up.

+ kison34 on January 22nd, 2014 at 7:41 am said: