Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Jan 20

Jan 20

PlayStation Plus: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar Posted by Sr. Community Specialist

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons was praised by game critics last year for its successful meshing of story and gameplay. Controlling the two brothers of the story with one analog stick each can take some getting used to, but you’ll find your rhythm as you solve puzzles with the end goal of saving your ailing father.

Starting tomorrow you can get your friends together and pit your wormy soldiers against each other in Worms: Battle Island on PS Vita. The adorable franchise has remained a favorite over the years with its classic turn-based strategy gameplay. With options like dressing your worms how you want and using oddball weapons like a Holy Hand Grenade, your fights will have plenty of pizzaz.

Finally, there’s a new PS Vita PLAY sale starting with OlliOlli. If you like music and rhythm games there’s also an entire sale dedicated to titles in those genres, so check out all the discounts below.

You can download Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons and Worms: Battle Islands after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 1/21.

PlayStation Plus Update 1/21/14

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members

Brothers

Share in the epic journey of two brothers, as they set out to find a cure for their dying father. Travel across beautiful vistas, through dark and foreboding forests, down perilous rivers, up hazardous mountain sides and experience the wonders of Nordic mythology along the way. Use the unique control system to control each brother with a thumb stick, for concurrent gameplay throughout the adventure. Use both brothers cooperatively to solve puzzles, explore the environments and in boss encounters.“10/10. Starbreeze’s fairytale adventure is so finely crafted, you’d be hard pressed to find many better games this year.” – Giant Bomb.

Worms: Battle Islands (PSP|PS VITA)

Free for PS Plus members

Worms Battle Islands
Battle up to three other players offline or online on one of six landscape themes, using one of forty classic Worms weapons or some of your own creation in the weapons factory. With sixty single player challenges, five game modes, a powerful level editor and a massive selection of ways to personalize your worm army and customize your game experience, it’s a package sky-high on entertainment!

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Sound Shapes PS3 (Cross-buy) $7.34 $14.99
Sound Shapes PS Vita (Cross-buy) $7.34 $14.99
Everyday Shooter $2.50 $9.99
Everyday Shooter $2.00 $7.99
Retro/Grade $2.99 $9.99

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

Ryumoau said:

January 20th, 8:01 am

Nothing for me this week, sadly.

JimmyHACK said:

January 20th, 8:04 am

More games more sales! PLUS!

Kristine, tangent— do you know if a pre-order for Tomb Raider Definitive PS4 will go up on the store tomorrow? Mainly asking because pre-orders mean we can start downloading these big games at midnight on release date instead of waiting for late afternoon store update just to start the download.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

Kristine Steimer said:

January 21st, 8:47 am

Sorry, the only thing I know about Tomb Raider Definitive version is that I really want to play it…not much help I’m afraid.

chavez1138 said:

January 20th, 8:04 am

Brothers!

Jakintosh said:

January 20th, 8:06 am

Aw yeah, OlliOlli for me. (Brothers too)

viceforce said:

January 20th, 8:07 am

A response to your January lineup video Kristine..yes I have reach SSSansational. And when are you going to do the February lineup?

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

Kristine Steimer said:

January 21st, 8:38 am

Haha, thanks! I’m working on the February video now :)

Flukbuk said:

January 20th, 8:07 am

Brothers looks cool. Any chance that some Rock Band or Rocksmith DLC will be part of the music sale? I’m guessing not, but it would have been a GREAT time to discount a lot of the older stuff.

Alma_viva said:

January 20th, 8:08 am

I was so looking forward for Brothers… I almost bought it last month, I’m glad I waited!

Cannot wait til I can give it a try

Cyber_wolf22 said:

January 20th, 8:09 am

I’m impatient to play with “Brothers” ! Thanks :)

mooglepoop said:

January 20th, 8:10 am

Quiet week but Plus rules!!! Just got PS4 and connectivity with Vita is mind-blowing! Killing Helghast from my bathroom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Sony!

SiriusCJS said:

January 20th, 8:14 am

You have Everyday Shooter listed twice at $2.50 & $2.00 with no differentiation between the two.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

Kristine Steimer said:

January 21st, 8:40 am

Sorry, $2.50 is the PS3 version and the $2.00 is the PSP/PS Vita version.

KidCommando said:

January 20th, 8:17 am

PS+, the best service ever.

PainOfSarrow said:

January 20th, 8:19 am

Rock Band Blitz…maybe. kickbeat ? Yes

Edd-Doloroso said:

January 20th, 8:20 am

Hope there are more discounts next month guys..

Would be great to see discounts on MGS HD Collection!

mangosteam said:

January 20th, 8:26 am

sadly theres no Cytus Lambda its also in music genre but just on mobile hehe, i wish malicious rebirth would be on sale too.

carlpain said:

January 20th, 8:27 am

It’s almost impossible for me to play Brothers with a controller. I don’t have the skills and coordination.

carlpain said:

January 20th, 8:30 am

The camera angle of the game makes it painful to play using the left and right sticks. It reminds me of DMC 4. The camera angle used to bother me a lot.

Ghostwize said:

January 20th, 8:35 am

Need more PS4 lovin! Currently addicted to Don’t Starve. Indie game is the best ps4 game atm lol. I am having trouble going back to my ps3. :( The controller feels sickly and weak in comparison to the ps4 controller. :/ Cheers! :D

ZANIACK said:

January 20th, 8:42 am

I’m okay with PSP games being a paer of vita’s IGC, but could we get some more AAA games? A readyatdawn title would be a fantastic addition.

mastorofpuppetz said:

January 20th, 8:43 am

Still no news on DLNA, MP3, you tube, Friend notifications, headset support……..and it is late January. Ps4 gathering dust.

Satnamji said:

January 20th, 8:43 am

@8 Nice avatar! I’m also eager to play Brothers.

TeamGreen615 said:

January 20th, 8:45 am

I’ve heard great things about Brothers and look forward to trying it out. I do wish that the Vita games would alternate with the PS3. Not complaining because you guys have been releasing great games for the IGC but I have read other comments where people felt the same way. Thanks PS+!

HILIKUS255 said:

January 20th, 8:46 am

sweet, ps plus is pretty awesome

passivefamiliar said:

January 20th, 8:46 am

Actually excited for brothers. I almost.bought it when it came out. But I think it was single player only. Which I understand, but I’m a fan of couch co-op. Wish more games did that nowdays. Splitscreen retro style. Online is great and all. But still.

digiboy123 said:

January 20th, 8:49 am

I think my brother and I will enjoy playing Brothers ;)

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

Kristine Steimer said:

January 21st, 8:49 am

Brothers is actually a single-player game ;) But you can both play it and then discuss!

novoalucard said:

January 20th, 8:49 am

WHERE ARE THE PS2 CLASSICS?

zingakun said:

January 20th, 8:52 am

I’ve heard so much about Brothers (good comments). I’ll finally be able to give it a try, thanks to PS+ :)

carlpain said:

January 20th, 8:55 am

@23: It is single player. Not split screen. You gotta control both brothers at the same time sometimes. Be ready to move that cam and make sure to go in the right direction.

TheOathsworn said:

January 20th, 9:01 am

I’ve heard only good things about Brothers, can’t wait to download this and play through it.

ossiecastro5 said:

January 20th, 9:02 am

I cannot wait to experience Brothers. Such incredible service from Plus, thank you!

alphagoku1 said:

January 20th, 9:04 am

@ #19 and theres absolutely no acknowledgment of the questions about it, its sickening to know that people loyally waited to support sony and some even came over from other companies and get treated like this in return, on top of the lack of news for games that’s supposed to be coming out soon or already, there isn’t a whole lot of time left for “early 2014” and we’re still waiting on basic information like confirmation that games are even still alive and in the process, boy oh boy, what a time to be a consumer :/

jgrizzle358 said:

January 20th, 9:09 am

@1

Brothers is a very very good game. Will only take a few hours to beat and the experience will warm your heart.

U should at least give it a chance… IT’S FREE.

radnew said:

January 20th, 9:10 am

Finally, I can get SoundShapes, I had been waiting for it to go on sale, Lo and Behold…. There it is :D

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

Kristine Steimer said:

January 21st, 8:44 am

Yes! I love SoundShapes. Go for the platinum!

jgrizzle358 said:

January 20th, 9:12 am

@19 it’s still way too early in the PS4’s life to be complaining about those things already…

just use it for what it was built for: GAMES. it is a GAMING system. If you want an all-in-one media hub that also plays games, get an Xbox One. But if you want a system that focuses on games first and foremost, like it should, stick with PS4.

monkeycoat said:

January 20th, 9:12 am

i mssed the sale last time on sound shapes..looks fun. cant wait to play worms throw some sheep bombs

MilitaryDragon said:

January 20th, 9:16 am

When I saw brothers “Hey Brother” from Avicii popped in my head, but I think it will just go to my download pile that I dont play, as for worms, maybe on a long trip

HILIKUS255 said:

January 20th, 9:18 am

diablo 3 ftw passivefamiliar!

smurfOtron said:

January 20th, 9:18 am

Wish i still had my ps3 to play brothers. Oh well im sure ps4 will have titles like that soon!

Roaming_Ryu said:

January 20th, 9:23 am

Hi Kristine! Loved the demo for Brothers, and a friend recently got me into the Worms Collection, so this is a fantastic week for me!

Had a question: after tomorrow, there’s still 1 more Tuesday left in January. Is Smart As the last game for the month of the IGC?

Thanks again for the wonderful service (both you and PS+). I’m a subscribed member until 2017 and have all 4 gaming devices that benefit from this (including PSP). :)

mastorofpuppetz said:

January 20th, 9:24 am

@33 totally disagree, it’s 2014. These things should be standard, heck the ps4 should be able to do what ps4 did. As for it’s for gaming…well there is nothing to play until march, not exactly a great lineup right now. I have higher standards, sony should have had that ready for launch along with everything else. The ps4 is selling well now, but if media gets ignored it will start falling, I know many who heavily use their ps3’s for media streaming as did i. My ps4 gathers dust.

alphagoku1 said:

January 20th, 9:26 am

@ #33 its barely even that yet, there is next to nothing in the gameing category, even less so games that actually were meant for the ps4, im not saying that youre wrong on that note, but if sony isn’t pushing out the games that were supposedly well in development and near finished, what the hell have they been doing this whole time.

FifthDream said:

January 20th, 9:27 am

Weren’t we getting Worms: Battle Island and Smart As… on Vita this month? Should i assume they will be out next week?

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

Kristine Steimer said:

January 21st, 8:45 am

Yep, still one more week in January! You’ll have everything soon :)

FifthDream said:

January 20th, 9:29 am

Sorry, didn’t see Worms up there, so i guess i’m just waiting for Smart As… ;)

GODFATHERTIG said:

January 20th, 9:30 am

NO PS4 LOVE BOOH!!!!!!!

TheJuggla17 said:

January 20th, 9:30 am

Hey guys any upcoming PS4 digital sales? I know it’s still early but $60 for a digital download is a lot. :(

INFIDEL_JIHAD said:

January 20th, 9:31 am

@33 people love to complain and cry these days over everything … No patience either everyone wants everything now

KinkyWiZard420 said:

January 20th, 9:31 am

FInally going to see if Brothers lives up to the reviews.
DMC is brutally awesome, and I cleaned house last week on the 14 in 14 Sale!
Please offer us a monthly 14 in 14 sale! There were some really great deals in that!

BattleSkard said:

January 20th, 9:33 am

AVATARS FOR PS4 PLEASEE

alphagoku1 said:

January 20th, 9:36 am

@45 oh impatience you say? over a system that’s been in development for how many years? and still isn’t done? from a company with decades of experience and billions of dollars? with millions of people supporting them? its one thing to just assume that everything was done, but its another entirely to brag about how powerful and compatible your system is and how much easier it is to get games and developers on your system, and turn around and constantly push back games that should have been done when the system was released, and on top of that, give absolutely no information on when they even plan to have anything released on said games, be it a demo or video or anything.

GGCAN said:

January 20th, 9:39 am

Thanks for the heads up Kristine.

Heard so much good about Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PS3).

Can’t wait to give it a try this week !

GGCAN said:

January 20th, 9:41 am

People complaining about the PS4.

Many of these people sold their PS3s for the PS4.

You should have kept your PS3 while the PS4 library builds up.

It’s normal for any new console the first year.

PAGE 1 2 3 4