PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PS Vita PLAY: 4 New Vita Games, PS Plus discounts and more

Sharon Kapitula's Avatar + Posted by Sharon Kapitula on Jan 20, 2014 // Platform Marketing, SCEA

Hello! Since 2014 is a brand new year, we wanted to introduce a brand new PlayStation Store program to start it off with a bang. I’m excited to announce PS Vita PLAY, our new four-week program featuring a rad lineup of PS Vita games, exclusive discounts for PS Plus members and special offers.

PS Vita Play Sale

Each week for the next four weeks on PS Store, a new PS Vita game will be released as part of the PS Vita PLAY promotion. If you are a PlayStation Plus member, you will receive a 20% discount on each PS Vita PLAY game during the launch week of each respective game. As an added bonus, anyone who purchases two or more PS Vita PLAY games from January 21st through February 17th will receive a bonus SEN wallet credit.

• Buy any 4 PS Vita PLAY games to get $10
  • Buy any 3 PS Vita PLAY games to get $6
  • Buy any 2 PS Vita PLAY games to get $3

Over the next four weeks, you’ll get to skate like a pro, blast Kamehameha waves, clean the world in style and rock a colorfully modern take on a classic arcade shooter. What am I talking about?! Check the lineup below:

Title Launch Week PS Plus Launch Week Price Regular Price
OlliOlli (1/21) 1/21 through 1/27 $10.39 $12.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (1/28) 1/28 through 2/3 $31.99 $39.99
Dustforce (2/4) 2/4 through 2/10 $7.99 $9.99
TxK (2/11) 2/11 through 2/17 $7.99 $9.99

Want to know more? Let’s hear from the developers themselves:

OlliOlli – Tom Hegarty // Director, Roll 7

“We’re stoked to be bringing OlliOlli to you guys, we’re a small team based in London and we’re actually skateboarders (at least we were in our youth) as well as huge gamers, so this project really has been a labour of love for us. We can’t wait to see what scores people start posting and we’re giving you a five day head start before we unleash our senior coder, Nikos onto the nearest Vita and he starts busting some serious scores. You have been warned. And remember, just don’t slam on your face…”

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z – Brandon Williams // Producer, Namco

“Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z is a completely new DBZ game focused on team battles, letting you create your ultimate DBZ dream team and battling online head to head in teams of 4 vs. 4 or even up to 8 players simultaneously across the globe! The game follows the classic DBZ storyline and features many “what if” scenarios which are sure to please the fans. The graphical look of Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z blends the best aspects of the manga and the anime creating visually striking action. Fans will also get a chance to play characters from the new movie “DRAGON BALL Z BATTLE OF GODS” for the first time! With massive co-op and competitive online battles, giant bosses waiting to be taken down, huge character roster and 60 unforgettable missions, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z will make you want to go Super Saiyan in no time! To try the demo, click here.”

Dustforce – Rey Jimenez // Producer, Capcom

“Everyone at Capcom is thrilled to bring Dustforce, the critically-acclaimed PC title from indie developer Hitbox Team, to PS3 and PS Vita fans. Continuing the tradition of today’s boutique developers, Dustforce has an art style and soundtrack that’s utterly unique and addicting. Dustforce is a simple and pure platformer that asks only one thing of the gamer…Be the fastest you can be.”

TxK – Jeff Minter // Designer, Llamasoft

“We bring 30 years of arcade design experience to bear in TxK, the latest and greatest evolution of the abstract arcade shooter style that we pioneered back in the 90s. TxK features beautiful vector graphics that look stunning on the Vita’s screen, an outstanding and extensive original soundtrack and absorbing, satisfying gameplay that’ll take you to tranced-out arcade nirvana. TxK is neon candy for your thumbs and your mind – come get your supply!”

PAGE 1 2

+ liammill18 on January 20th, 2014 at 7:03 am said:

Every week you guys find out a new way to dig into my pocket, and for some reason, I don’t mind!

Sharon Kapitula's Avatar

+ Sharon Kapitula on January 20th, 2014 at 8:22 am said:

Awesome games are totally worth it :)

+ bigsgg71 on January 20th, 2014 at 7:06 am said:

Awesome plus deals on VITA!

+ jacky-junior on January 20th, 2014 at 7:07 am said:

Wish Gunslugs was part of the promo . . . oh well, Olliolli and Dustforce for me!

+ Ryumoau on January 20th, 2014 at 7:08 am said:

God, i wish it was the ps3 version of Battle of Z on sale instead. I heard the Vita version won’t come with any of the dlc in NA because its digital only. :(

I might still get it for Vita at $32 if the reviews are stellar. Not interested at all for the other indie titles listed.

+ Zezzler on January 20th, 2014 at 7:10 am said:

Buying Dustforce and TxK for sure! I’m a big fan of Tempest 2000 and cannot wait to try this one, especially at a discount.

Sharon Kapitula's Avatar

+ Sharon Kapitula on January 20th, 2014 at 8:24 am said:

TxK is pretty cool. If you are a fan of other Tempest games, I think you’ll jump right in and love it

+ kivi95 on January 20th, 2014 at 7:12 am said:

Awesome deal but what’s up with the $12.99 price for Olliolli… Should have been $9.99 like the other PSN games. Hopefully this deal will be available in Europe aswell D:

+ SpooNManX on January 20th, 2014 at 7:16 am said:

TXK should really be a Cross-Buy game. It would look awesome on the PS4 and PS3 in 3D.

As much as I want to buy Minter’ s new game I don’t like playing games on a small screen.

Sharon Kapitula's Avatar

+ Sharon Kapitula on January 20th, 2014 at 8:26 am said:

Although that would be nice, I can verify the game is built for play on the PS Vita and looks amazing on the screen

+ SaberX85 on January 20th, 2014 at 7:23 am said:

Any other sales news for next week?

+ chsnavi on January 20th, 2014 at 7:26 am said:

Not to pester, but, some video content (if any exists) my help this sale a bit. Instead of me having to go off and find them myself – not that its troublesome – for convenience.

I’m on the fense currently if i want to take part in this sale.

+ chsnavi on January 20th, 2014 at 7:26 am said:

and by fense i mean fence.

+ dave05driver on January 20th, 2014 at 7:32 am said:

And toukiden is 11 – 02.

+ SacrificialToast on January 20th, 2014 at 7:37 am said:

Dustforce is the best precision platformer on PC as far as I’m concerned. It’s awesome to see it coming to another platform, and anyone who’s a fan of Super Meat Boy or similar titles should absolutely pick it up.

Sharon Kapitula's Avatar

+ Sharon Kapitula on January 20th, 2014 at 8:27 am said:

I’m so excited to play it on PS Vita!!

+ gerneric123 on January 20th, 2014 at 7:38 am said:

Can you ask Namco Bandai why the Vita version of Dragon Ball Z is lacking the preorder content the console versions have? Japan, and Europe is getting this stuff for Vita so it’s not like they didn’t create it for the platform.

+ ninth_prey on January 20th, 2014 at 7:38 am said:

Sadly, nothing of any interest for me. Good for those excited about this.

+ lehamsy3 on January 20th, 2014 at 7:47 am said:

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Z looks awesome. I played the Demo and I totally loved it!

But I’ll wait to see how T: Age of Demons looks like.

+ StalkerD on January 20th, 2014 at 7:47 am said:

Guys, please answer about digital content for Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z. Europe not only gets physical game, but several DLC for day 1. What about NA??? This would never be a problem if Sony had just made the Vita like the PS3, i.e., allowing several different region accounts in one single console….

+ viceforce on January 20th, 2014 at 7:48 am said:

Wow I looked at the article and recognized it and said “It’s this program supposed to be in the summer?” But looking at the article and saw O it’s the Vita version which is a first. Have to say that Battle of Z is the most appealing one to be. I would get it if my 32 gig memory card wasn’t full.

+ Ryumoau on January 20th, 2014 at 7:51 am said:

@13

Namco doesn’t care about NA. Its been obvious with their there last couple releases. One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 was digital only over here and they still refused to give us the preorder outfits that EU got. So we had to pay full price for a digital copy and still buy the ‘free’ dlc other countries got on top of it.

I don’t know whats going on over there but they are insane for not offering us a preorder option on the vita version and then expecting us to later buy the dlc.

+ StalkerD on January 20th, 2014 at 7:53 am said:

On this subject, it makes no sense to me that you create a fully region free portable gaming device, then lock owners out of having access to multiple region digital content….After getting it so right with the PS3, this is a major step backward…

+ Ryumoau on January 20th, 2014 at 8:04 am said:

@20

Sony took some steps backwards with the ps4 as well, so its just something they do unfortunately.

+ akisuo on January 20th, 2014 at 8:04 am said:

Oh man. Was already looking to get OlliOllie and DBZ: Battle of Z this month, but didn’t know Dustforce is next month! Definitely buying those three for sure. Awesome to see some Vita sales like this. =)

Sharon Kapitula's Avatar

+ Sharon Kapitula on January 20th, 2014 at 8:30 am said:

Glad to hear, happy Monday!

+ hpz82 on January 20th, 2014 at 8:04 am said:

I just bought 3 games last week for the vita. Does this week sale also applies to last week?

Sharon Kapitula's Avatar

+ Sharon Kapitula on January 20th, 2014 at 8:32 am said:

Sorry! The PS Vita Play promotion only applies to the four titles listed above from 1/21-2/17

+ Welmosca on January 20th, 2014 at 8:05 am said:

Oh very nice Sony…shame that I won’t be picking up any of these games…already got an insane backlog of Vita games to play,I’ve never heard of that TxK game….and I gotta say I’m very interested on it…may end up buying it if I see a gameplay video.

+ MushThePainter on January 20th, 2014 at 8:30 am said:

Only interested in Dustforce for now.. Just bought Lone Survivor and Stealth Inc from the last sale so my vita has been busy. Plus, Toukiden comes out next month so I’m set for awhile.

+ RE_Player on January 20th, 2014 at 8:33 am said:

Buying all four to show my support for Vita games and Vita sales promotions like this.

Sharon Kapitula's Avatar

+ Sharon Kapitula on January 20th, 2014 at 8:36 am said:

Thanks for the support! Don’t forget the $10 credit too :)

+ Budapesti on January 20th, 2014 at 8:50 am said:

Will definitely be getting TxK. I’m an older gamer and I grew up over in England, and Jeff Minter is a legend there. Great to see that he’s still making games. The Vita’s beautiful OLED screen seems like the perfect match for his trippy visuals. :)

+ TheExiled12894 on January 20th, 2014 at 8:51 am said:

Oh cool, can’t wait to pick up DBZ on my birthday at a discount~

+ ThirdOfClubs on January 20th, 2014 at 8:58 am said:

A Capcom platformer for the Vita? Yeah I’m pretty much sold

+ hawjboi2009 on January 20th, 2014 at 9:00 am said:

hey Sharon, any news about the promotion for 10 or 20 credit by spend every 50 or 100 for March with pre-order any full games for ps4 and ps3 in psn store ?

+ Zionine on January 20th, 2014 at 9:10 am said:

Odd, I think I’ll pick up all of them except the DBZ game. o_o

+ deadendblues on January 20th, 2014 at 9:14 am said:

Wasn’t planning on even buying Ollie Ollie as I just picked up a grip of great games on vita last week velocity ultra Thomas was alone limbo killzone

Now with dustforce and Ollie Ollie sale and plus discount. Jeeze can’t say no

Thanks Sony! For spending money I wasn’t even planning to spend.

+ iTofuMan on January 20th, 2014 at 9:20 am said:

Is it safe to say that the DIgital version of the DBZ game doesnt have the Pre-order DLC, or even DLC at all? the lack of communication (not from Sony, but Bandai) just seems a bit unprofessional! Really hope some information is told soon! i would love to get this game, but if the dlc are only on ps3 ill probably just get it on that!

+ RidemiX7 on January 20th, 2014 at 9:40 am said:

Can’t wait to pick these games up :)

+ L1qu1dat1on on January 20th, 2014 at 9:40 am said:

Getting all of them…I actually really wanted DBZ…I can’t believe it has such an amazing discount!

Any news on getting the Sonic racing transformed DLC to Vita? I know this aint the section..just asking!

+ ZAANOS on January 20th, 2014 at 9:43 am said:

Looking forward to these games, also keep bringing Steam games to PS Vita!

+ Mando44646 on January 20th, 2014 at 10:10 am said:

Wow thats awesome the DBZ game will be almost $10 off at launch – I was already planning to buy it anyway! Too bad the others are Indies I’d probably never play :/

+ jeffsmither on January 20th, 2014 at 10:29 am said:

Can someone answer me this, what ever happen to the game/app for the vita called travel bug?

+ bajor27 on January 20th, 2014 at 10:32 am said:

Think I’m down for the 3 non-DBZ games. Not compeltely cold on TxK, but it does look like fun.

Definitely getting OlliOlli & Dustforce though

+ boomstickbhg on January 20th, 2014 at 10:32 am said:

Misleading title is Misleading.

Most of these aren’t Vita games, they’re Indie games playable on Vita.

There are sooo, sooo many games on Vita that are only out in Asia and this is the kind of support NA gets?!

Thanks for putting the DBZ game on there, I don’t want it but at least it’s a Vita game (albeit a ps3 port like most)

I know you’ll probably never bring back pre order bonuses like the occasional 10% off plus members would get, but can we at least get pre orders of REAL ps4, ps3 and Vita games on the psn already/again?!

+ BillyBoiDaPrince on January 20th, 2014 at 10:34 am said:

are any games cross buy supported?

+ stalepie on January 20th, 2014 at 10:45 am said:

Really want a Vita now that TxK is so close to release. That game looks excellent. Loved the Jaguar game.

+ Jackal888 on January 20th, 2014 at 11:10 am said:

Looking at OlliOlli and Dustforce. I am not sure about TxK and I really do not understnd Dragonball anything!

+ djsaiyan on January 20th, 2014 at 11:18 am said:

Well I was gonna get Battle of Z anyway (duh, look at my name), Dustforce is amazing, and OlliOlli caught my eye reading about it yesterday.

Yeeeeeeeeeah might as well get ‘em all.

+ RadRobertNG on January 20th, 2014 at 11:20 am said:

Awesome! Does the DBZ game come with the Naruto costume on Vita though?

+ mmaher on January 20th, 2014 at 11:25 am said:

You know I’m exited for OlliOlli but I think that $10 even on sale is a lot, and I always get burnt on these sales because in a couple months time these will all be on sale here and there and be cheaper in the long run (even with the cash back program) and in like 5/6 months one will be free on plus and that would really hurt the wallet.

Just assumptions here, but it happened last time with ibb&Bob being free, stealth inc and cloud berry kingdom being on ridiculous sales. Ducktales HD had a pretty good sale not too long after as well…

I’m not trying to complain cuz I love you Playstation and especially PS Plus. I mean your 14 for 14 sale is pretty badass, but I need incentive with something like this.

Thanks for the rant, now I’ll go back to FF14: ARR and Tales of Xillia. Both which were $10 each on PS Plus at seperate times thank you! :o)

+ JakketMcGuinty on January 20th, 2014 at 11:36 am said:

Damn, I so do wish I actually had cash right now. OlliOlli looks like a most wonderful time killer.

+ califoreigner on January 20th, 2014 at 11:46 am said:

finally a release date for dustforce! calander marked

dbz seems really out of place in this offer, but I’m not mad at it. def picking up the other three games. keep those Indies coming!

+ CommandingTiger on January 20th, 2014 at 11:57 am said:

Aren’t PSN games that are also on Vita Cards usually 10% off already? (Looking at you BDZ BoZ)
Honestly,I just glad it’s coming to the Vita, for some time, I tough it was only going to be on PS3…
But next time make those particular games 25% off. Then promote it as “From 20% to 25% off”.

+ PVBuk on January 20th, 2014 at 12:05 pm said:

@SpooNManX: If TxK sells well enough, you never know what Llamasoft may make on PS4 next. ;-)
For those who need info on TxK, here’s a video from November last year:

+ SWANSONG on January 20th, 2014 at 12:06 pm said:

I need update to allow more bubbles on my Vita card. Down to three allowed. I have 97 icon bubbles already.

PAGE 1 2