PS4-The Order

Delve into the Dysfunctional World of Danganronpa on PS Vita

David Alonzo's Avatar + Posted by David Alonzo on Jan 21, 2014 // Marketing Coordinator, NIS America

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

*BRRIIINNNGGG* Attention students, class is now in session. Visiting professor David from Prinny University here (AKA NIS America) to give you a little lesson on Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, which launches on February 11th in North America exclusively for PlayStation Vita.

Trigger Happy Havoc is a revamped edition of the very first Danganronpa that appeared on PSPs in Japan in 2010, and now includes updated graphics, touchscreen functionality, and a new game mode. Now get your thinking hats on, because murder’s afoot, and you’re going to need more than a #2 pencil to survive the tests this high school’s got in store for you.

Imagine attending the most elite high school in the country, Hope’s Peak Academy, where only the best students get their education. Your classmates include the Ultimate Swimming Pro, the Ultimate Fashionista, and the Ultimate Baseball Star. And then there’s our main character, Makoto Naegi, who’s not much of an Ultimate anything.

It’s hard enough trying to find your niche in a regular high school, but when it’s revealed that the students have been locked in by the headmaster of this school — a psychotic black and white bear named Monokuma — things get a little more complicated. The only way out is to murder someone and get away with it. However, if the other students unveil the murderer, he or she will have to endure a poetic death at Monokuma’s hands.

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy HavocDanganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

The gameplay utilizes the investigatory elements of the Phoenix Wright series with the dark storytelling of games like 999 and Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward. Throughout the game, you’ll gather clues and establish ties with other students. Once a murder happens, you’ll then enter the “Class Trial” period, which consists of a series of adrenaline-laced, timing- and rhythm-based games, shooting down falsehoods and shining the light of truth in the darkest corners of the school halls. On top of that, you’ll build relationships with the surviving students. But keep on your toes, because nothing is as it seems! It’s just like high school, except with crazy bears and murder.

So keep your friends close and your frenemies closer in this game of mystery and deceit. You’ll need your wits about you to reveal the killers and survive the deadliest high school you could imagine.

Thanks for taking this crash course in Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc. Please keep your eye out for the game in February, and until then, this professor has some apples to polish. Prinny out, dood!

PAGE 1 2

+ Cat_Corye on January 21st, 2014 at 7:05 am said:

Love the anime, but the english voices I don’t like.

+ B_Unique- on January 21st, 2014 at 7:09 am said:

Yeah, unfortunately I’m not quite fond of the English voice over neither, will we have the option to change it back to Japanese and keep the text in English?

+ PWNGEoftheGODS on January 21st, 2014 at 7:13 am said:

Why does this not include Danganronpa 2 like the Japanese release?

+ Ricen-Beans on January 21st, 2014 at 7:14 am said:

Been looking forward to playing this. Can’t wait to try it out as I’ve heard it’s actually quite good.

Will there be a demo?

+ TheExiled12894 on January 21st, 2014 at 7:14 am said:

Looking forward to this.

And yes, the game has dual audio.

+ croze__ on January 21st, 2014 at 7:19 am said:

Definitely looking forward to this one. I seriously had no clue how good visual novel games were until I played Zero Escape.

+ SeanStrange on January 21st, 2014 at 7:22 am said:

I can’t wait. I loved the games on the PSP. Really looking forward to this on my Vita with some English voices too! Now I can get a hint of both worlds with some English and some Japanese. Nice!

+ shuaDove on January 21st, 2014 at 7:29 am said:

I’m very excited for this!

The only thing I wanted to say was Thank You NIS America for bringing the Vita some love with Danganronpa and Demon Gaze. Hopefully there’s enough support to continue bringing more of these games over our way… and maybe a Hyperdimension Neptunia Vita game in the near future?

Like a few people of have already said I’d love for all of your games to have the original Japanese voices.

David Alonzo's Avatar

+ David Alonzo on January 21st, 2014 at 11:02 am said:

Hi shuaDove,

Thanks for the appreciation, dood!

Danganronpa will indeed have dual audio, and we try to make it a point for all of the games we localize to have dual audio.

As for Hyperdimension Neptunia on Vita, we will be having Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection coming out sometime on the Vita!

+ Fardeenah on January 21st, 2014 at 7:38 am said:

intrigued about the game moment u talked abt 999 and VLR

+ DeepEyes7 on January 21st, 2014 at 7:41 am said:

Preordered the limited edition on the NISA Store the day it was open for preorders! Waiting for it! Glad to know it will have dual audio! Japanese VA + English Text = Win!

Now waiting for the Limited Edition of Demon Gaze =D! Please continue bringing this games to America, we will support you!

+ perrandy on January 21st, 2014 at 7:55 am said:

i’m not a big fan of these types of games but i will still try it.i’m more interested in the game that is coming behind this one which is demon gaze.hope to hear soon what other games you guys are bringing to NA this spring/summer :)

+ liammill18 on January 21st, 2014 at 7:56 am said:

Absolutely looking forward to this. Dustforce, Toukiden and Danganronpa all on the same day, it’s almost too much to handle!

+ Gorvi on January 21st, 2014 at 8:01 am said:

So if I’m getting the right impression: This is like the non-dungeon crawling parts of Persona mixed with Phoenix Wright?

+ Souledge94 on January 21st, 2014 at 8:10 am said:

Cant wait.I already pre ordered the LE.

+ RoII_chan on January 21st, 2014 at 8:20 am said:

This looks interesting.

+ TeamGreen615 on January 21st, 2014 at 8:30 am said:

I’ve already preordered Toukiden but this might be the next game I get. Hopefully we will see God Eater 2 make it to the west sometime this year.

+ bertraar2 on January 21st, 2014 at 8:30 am said:

#Spyro #Crash #Vita

+ ZombiePyro on January 21st, 2014 at 8:30 am said:

OMG I CANT WAIT! The only way Feb 11th can be more perfect is it binding of Isaac came out that day!

+ IKARI_LEO on January 21st, 2014 at 8:31 am said:

Looking foward a lot to play this, but, NIS America guys, make more of the Limited Edition of the game, please! When I discovered that it’d have one, the preorders were already closed! >_<'

+ Mando44646 on January 21st, 2014 at 8:34 am said:

I still cant figure out the gameplay for this game. Will there be a demo to try it out?

David Alonzo's Avatar

+ David Alonzo on January 21st, 2014 at 11:24 am said:

Hi Mando44646,

Unfortunately, there is no demo available for the game.

There are essentially two parts to the game – investigation and trial. During the investigation period, you’ll walk around searching for clues and talking to people using a reticle (this can be moved with the right stick or using the touchscreen). After you’ve gathered enough clues, the trial starts and you’ll use those clues to shoot people’s false words down. There are also other mini-games, including one where you lay out the scene of the murder using comic strip panels!

+ Jasontamer on January 21st, 2014 at 8:45 am said:

So EXCITED!!! I honestly Can’t wait, although it’d be awesome to get a demo :3

+ jose213jose on January 21st, 2014 at 8:54 am said:

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc is just one game right? Or will their be remake of 2rd game as well? I’m bit confusion on this and it doesn’t make sense.

+ Tremulan777 on January 21st, 2014 at 9:08 am said:

This game sounds so good! I can’t wait to try it.

+ thecontroller92 on January 21st, 2014 at 9:13 am said:

im glad i preordered the limited edition before it is out of stock. so excited!!!!

any news on demon gaze preorders?

@B_Unique, there will be dual audio

David Alonzo's Avatar

+ David Alonzo on January 21st, 2014 at 11:25 am said:

Morning thecontroller92,

You can expect to hear about Demon Gaze preorders soon, dood. ;)

+ Nazotchi on January 21st, 2014 at 9:19 am said:

Hopefully there will be some corresponding avatars coming out as well! I’ve been wanting to represent my inner Togami on PSN for a while.

+ boomstickbhg on January 21st, 2014 at 9:37 am said:

This sounds pretty good, but I’m too old and my hands too arthritic to be able to have any kind of success in a rhythm game/section of a game.

Will I be able to play/succeed at this game if I completely fail the rhythm/quick timing aspects?

Sounds like a great game as long as we can take our time to enjoy it (or in my case, take my time to use my sore old fingers lol ).

+ SeanStrange on January 21st, 2014 at 9:40 am said:

@22 It’s just the first game. The first game is Dangan Ronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc. The second game is Super Dangan Ronpa 2

+ Tinye310 on January 21st, 2014 at 9:40 am said:

Never played this game but If it’s for my Vita I’ll buy it!

+ MapleStory on January 21st, 2014 at 9:41 am said:

The PSP version was fan translated recently but it’s good that it managed to get an official release with added content here in the states!

+ SeanStrange on January 21st, 2014 at 9:41 am said:

And @25, I hope there really is some avatars! I want to unleash my inner Ishimaru/Ishida!

+ buffpotato on January 21st, 2014 at 9:54 am said:

Looks cool. Might pick it up if it isn’t $40.

Any word on Disgaea 4 for PS Vita getting a NA release? It’s almost out in Japan and I don’t think we’ve heard anything about it. If not I’ll just import it and struggle with the Japanese.

Thanks.

+ tusunami on January 21st, 2014 at 10:36 am said:

I am glad to see this finally be able to make it stateside. I hope to see more games come to the states!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Edzo04ps on January 21st, 2014 at 10:42 am said:

Already played the english translation of the psp version but I’ll be picking up the limited edition. Anyone who isnt sure if they want to get this DO IT. Its insanely good. Upupupupu…..

+ GStylez1980 on January 21st, 2014 at 10:42 am said:

Really really looking forward to eventually playing this game! I still have yet to play Virtue’s Last Reward on my Vita (huge backlog at the moment…just started KZ Mercenary multiplayer last night), but I’m looking forward to getting into it as well. Love narrative-driven games, and love the option to “play detective” to boot.

+ PZDugna on January 21st, 2014 at 11:58 am said:

There is one thing I wish would come with Preorder of this game, a Monokuma Avatar :D, overall though I ordered the LE on the NIS store around christmas and this wait is killing me >.<

+ bcruise on January 21st, 2014 at 12:01 pm said:

Really glad to see this making the trip across the Pacific. Upupupupu…. (ʳ ´º㉨ϟ)ʳ

+ FranticCity on January 21st, 2014 at 12:48 pm said:

I’m so excited for this game! I have it preordered and marked for release on everything. Unfortunately I wanted to buy the special edition but they were all sold out :/

+ PsienceWins on January 21st, 2014 at 1:07 pm said:

Holy crap! I’d never even heard of this game before. This sounds awesome! I love the art style. Gameplay sounds like Phoenix Wright! I immediately can’t wait to play this. Is this going to be digital only? Or is there some place I can maybe purchase a limited edition version NIS is so famous for?

David Alonzo's Avatar

+ David Alonzo on January 21st, 2014 at 2:17 pm said:

Hey PsienceWins,

(Science does indeed win). The game will have both a physical and digital release! Sadly, the limited editions were snatched up pretty quickly and we’re all sold out of those, dood. People dig the Danganronpa!

Best,
    David

+ Jtanooki on January 21st, 2014 at 1:27 pm said:

I’m extremely excited for this game! Couldn’t pre-order the limited edition but nevertheless pre-ordered the regular version. Thank you and keep bringing games NISA!

+ ManjoumeThunder on January 21st, 2014 at 3:02 pm said:

I remember seeing some footage of the PSP game, and it looked really fun, saw the anime, and then heard about the Vita title. This game helped me decide on getting the Vita.

Didn’t even know about the limited edition though…anyway, can’t wait for this one!!

+ MrBanballow on January 21st, 2014 at 3:31 pm said:

Ouch at the vague “sometime” in regards to Neptunia PP.

+ DazRoyal on January 21st, 2014 at 4:05 pm said:

Awesome!!

+ namjui on January 21st, 2014 at 5:49 pm said:

+ Viewtiful_Gene on January 21st, 2014 at 6:48 pm said:

I have a few questions:
How terrible will be the translation this time. I mean, you have a wonderful record of screwing up BIG TIME a lot of game by now..
Does it have ALL the content? Will you whine and cry when the costumers notice that there is missing content saying that they are rude because of your poor work, and then you will censor them if they try to public any kind of criticism?
How many bugs includes (that the original version didn’t have)?
*Will you release the other half of the game as free DLC or something? Because, as far as I know, the Danganronpa for Vita in Japan includes TWO games, FOR THE SAME PRICE you will sell it. *

(cont.)

+ Viewtiful_Gene on January 21st, 2014 at 6:48 pm said:

PEOPLE, DON’T BUY ANY OTHER GAME FROM NISA. They are a terrible company that only harm the games they publish.
-Awful translations. They change so much the dialogues that they end up damaging the characters and even the development (of the story and of the characters)
-Missing content. (At first hey will tell you that they didn’t know about the missing content, and they will make any kind of excuse because they are too immature to even accept their incompetence)
-Some games get imported with bugs that didn’t exist before.
-They charge for half content of the games.
-They do whatever the f— they want because you all allow them.

+ portaljacker on January 21st, 2014 at 10:10 pm said:

What will the install size be for the download version?

+ afigueroa on January 22nd, 2014 at 5:10 am said:

Oh God I cannot wait for this!!!
Question, though…
Is watching the anime going to spoil this game? I’ve been watching it recently and if it is, I’m gonna have to stop it.

+ carly1477 on January 22nd, 2014 at 5:41 am said:

So psyched for this game! I love the dual audio, thanks NISA, you are amazing. The LE was pretty much an automatic preorder for me. (less then three weeks away- hurray!) Keep up the good work ^_^

+ Angelus897 on January 22nd, 2014 at 8:31 am said:

As a huge fan of 999, I can’t wait until I get my hands on this. Already pre-ordered on Amazon!

+ Kishnabe on January 22nd, 2014 at 9:41 am said:

This one of the few games I would buy at full price(just pre ordered the one of the last three remaining copies at BB)…..just like I did for Persona 4 Golden.

I couldn’t play this when it came out for the PSP, since the Japanese release would be hard to get and too expensive, plus I can’t understand Kanji..

Hoping to get this along with Final Fantasy X-1,2 HD and Atelier Ayesha Plus, when that comes out.

PAGE 1 2