PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z Launches January 28th on PS3, PS Vita

Kunio Hashimoto's Avatar + Posted by Kunio Hashimoto on Jan 24, 2014 // Producer, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z is the first entirely new Dragon Ball Z game in over two years, and it launches next week, January 28th, on PS3 and digitally on PS Vita. It comes packed with a number of attractive features, including team battle and co-op missions. It also allows players to create their own team of up to four players.

The game’s battle system has also evolved from a “one-on-one” setup to more team battle focus. Furthermore, this is the first Dragon Ball Z game that allows players to enjoy co-op battles with players from around the world through an online multiplayer mode. Of course, a Dragon Ball Z game also has to feature epic battles against gigantic bosses on huge 3D maps.

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z features an enormous roster of Z warriors. With up to 8 characters gathering in a one place to do battle, players can never let their guard down during the intense action. With so many warriors fighting at once, these battles will surely give players a sense of camaraderie in hyper-fast gameplay.

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of ZDragon Ball Z: Battle of Z

In Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z, everyone will be able to create their favorite Dragon Ball Z team; perhaps your “dream team” is made up of Goku, Frieza, or Yamcha. For me, it was really fun to see and play with all Yamcha on my team and fight against other mighty Z warriors. These crazy mash-ups are truly unique to Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z.

For fans that love to play with character abilities, they can now be greatly increased through customization via cards. Players can also expand upon their battle style by changing Regulations in the online team battle settings. By changing the settings, you can fight against one other player and have the A.I. control the rest of the characters.

Finally, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z is a challenging title that takes players through Dragon Ball Z game history. If you or your friends are interested in trying out this game, please download our free demo on PlayStation Store. The demo will allow you to play the first four missions from the final game; you can also enjoy online team battles against other players playing the demo!

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z

But the best part of the demo: you can carry over most of your demo save data to the final release version of the game, so you can continue playing from where you left off in the demo version.

On behalf of the Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z development team, I want to thank our fans for their support. And in the spirit of Dragon Ball Z: Everyone… GIVE ME SOME OF YOUR ENERGY!

PAGE 1 2

+ ZombieKillr4hire on January 25th, 2014 at 2:27 pm said:

Why no offline multiplayer! :(, I loved that on previous DBZ games, please put offline multiplayer, then I would buy the game.

+ pandakids09 on January 25th, 2014 at 4:08 pm said:

The demo was amazing just kind of sad that the Vita version isn’t getting a physical over here in the States and also that we aren’t getting the super saiyan Goku figure like Eurpoe :( Come Bandai Namco give Vita some love!

+ luisgsoto1 on January 25th, 2014 at 5:13 pm said:

MAN I LOVE THIS ANIME SO MUCH!!!!!

+ Fioxnos on January 25th, 2014 at 7:33 pm said:

Will the ps3 version be buyable on psn?

+ franky_boyzz on January 25th, 2014 at 8:33 pm said:

loll people ask stuff that was answer 100 time :P funny
gettin this game day one on ps vita baby

+ JLeGaCy21 on January 26th, 2014 at 12:38 am said:

Played the demo for the Vita and absolutely LOVED it! Just curious, will there be any in-game transformations?

+ Mr_Wise17 on January 26th, 2014 at 5:34 am said:

Will DLC from the PS3 version work on the Vita version?

+ cortiz2092000 on January 26th, 2014 at 9:40 am said:

Change the title to include psvita version as well -_-

Also I imported the Eur because I wanted a physical copy of the game :)

+ subsamuel01 on January 26th, 2014 at 10:14 am said:

Pre-ordered this at gamestop already, just two more days!

+ FacePoppies on January 26th, 2014 at 11:06 am said:

Does this game have transformations in it? I’ve heard some rumors that it doesnt.

+ DJPlace on January 26th, 2014 at 12:58 pm said:

just found out the drop this week that ps3 version is not going be digital also you have to pre-order the game to get all the DLC peeps want proof i got it right here!! in my next post since i can’t post it cause of the dumb limit.

+ DJPlace on January 26th, 2014 at 1:03 pm said:

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
PS3, PS Vita — Digital (PS3 Version Available at Retail)
The first new Dragon Ball Z game in more than 2 years, Battle of Z showcases awe-inspiring team battles where groups of four warriors face other groups in massive battles. Challenge players from around the world, and select a dream team of Z warriors to devastate your opponents. sony please tell me if this is going be digital or NOT!! i’m sick of the WAITING GAME!! next post is going be about the DLC.

+ DJPlace on January 26th, 2014 at 1:04 pm said:

We have known for quite some time about Super Saiyan Bardock and Super Vegetto coming as additional downloadable content for the upcoming Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Vita fighting game, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z, and we just recently learned who the actual stores will be that are dishing out the fighters to pre-order customers.
UPDATE: Namco-Bandai informs us that there are currently no plans to sell the two additional characters down the line in North America.

now that’s garbage right there!!

+ DarkAssasin-12 on January 26th, 2014 at 2:47 pm said:

ohhh wtf! its digital download on Vita only? i did not even know this, i just found out. but atleast im still getting the game, it awesome!

+ ResigningMonk on January 26th, 2014 at 6:03 pm said:

I’m really looking forward on getting this. I’ve been love playing all dbz fighting games. I reminds me on watching the tv show as a kid and I get to annoy my friend while playing. I really like the feature that I’m able to build a team that I like and co-op with my friends.

+ PUERTOVELLI-7 on January 26th, 2014 at 6:03 pm said:

I’m very disappointed in Bandai Namco for giving North American fans the short end of the stick. In fact I’m going to cancel my preorder, and I will never buy another Bandai Namco game again. Why in the hell does EU receive both preorder bonus DLCs for one price, but NA has to buy two copies of the game to obtain SS Vegetto and SS Bardock totaling $120.00 not including tax. Why is it that Japan is receiving the DLC in the PSN shop? The official Japanese website for the game has updated to reveal that the two characters will be available for purchase at ¥300 a pop beginning 06 February 2014, but NA doesn’t get that option? Why does EU and JP get a physical copy of the PS VITA version including DLC, but NA gets a digital copy with no DLC? Do you actually think this is acceptable? I’m very disappointed with you guys say goodbye to this long time former supporter. I’m spending my money elsewhere to a company that actually deserves it, and that doesn’t show favoritism towards other countries!! As far as I’m concerned you guys are right up there with EA!!

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on January 26th, 2014 at 7:19 pm said:

thanks but your response was not helpful I clearly said I won’t buy Blu ray games

+ Jhooud on January 27th, 2014 at 7:55 am said:

Bummer. Metacritic doesn’t seem too impressed at this point. It’s running at 59 right now. I was really looking forward to this one, but seems like it’s missed the mark. Ah well, maybe next time. :(

+ StevenWinnipeg on January 27th, 2014 at 8:06 am said:

the monkey has big package lmfao

+ StevenWinnipeg on January 27th, 2014 at 8:15 am said:

well i see it being almost $20 more in the uk so for that they should get free DLC namico just try cover up the extra that UK has to spend to me i think i save the $20 and have choice in if i get the 2 guys or not so namico is doing that right think or could say $79.99 and the 2 free DLC if ou want that i think not

+ cmoney214 on January 27th, 2014 at 2:44 pm said:

hey i loved the demo on vita i went to game stop to pre order it and they said that the game wasnt goin to be released for vita?

+ KillemAll-52 on January 28th, 2014 at 7:07 am said:

Will it also be available digitally for PS3 or do you HAVE to buy the physical copy?

+ DukeGaGa on January 28th, 2014 at 9:08 am said:

It’s now Jan 28th, but it’s still not available for download on PSV.

+ cardi12 on January 28th, 2014 at 9:13 am said:

It will be on the playstation store later today. You have to wait.

+ empowerhigh on January 29th, 2014 at 4:03 am said:

I bought a digital copy yesterday, but sadly no DLC included, even naruto sage mode costume :-( (disappointed) But happy with the game overall :-)

+ vo-ieohj-er_24 on January 30th, 2014 at 12:17 am said:

NO PHYSICAL COPY AT ALL?! o_O

+ Freestylinyoshi on January 30th, 2014 at 1:59 pm said:

The DLC isn’t for the Vita, that’s BS. Why is the Vita always getting the short end of the stick.
It’s not fair, we don’t get Japanese Voice and we’ll be forever missing characters. We pretty much didn’t get a full game.

+ krazy_maniac530 on January 31st, 2014 at 2:25 am said:

If i could only play multiplayer using my ps vita to fight my friend that owns the ps3 version i would totally buy the ps vita version.

+ PrinceofXIII on January 31st, 2014 at 8:20 pm said:

does this game have JPN voices and physical edition?

looks interesting ^^

+ Tgangsta200 on January 31st, 2014 at 10:24 pm said:

There is one reason y i dont like this game its that u cant be able to transform thats stuid

+ ZabuzaZ3r0 on February 2nd, 2014 at 1:52 pm said:

Wow no in-game transformations?? That’s so wack, this is DBZ and their transformations are a HUGE part of the damn series -_- lemme guess you devs thought you could say OVER 60 characters!! When like 5 of them are all Goku but in a different form?? You seriously gotta stop doing that bs, there should only be 1 Goku and he should be able to transform in-game to whatever state the player choses -_- I can’t believe you guys thought you would get away with this bs haha Also I thought you guys would learn that the 3D fighting style has failed since the first Tenkaichi game!! The only, last good DBZ game was DBZ Budokai 3, which actually took more skill as it had combos and in game transformations, with an actual large character roster that didn’t have characters listed like 5 times as a different character -_-; AND it still had customization!

+ ZabuzaZ3r0 on February 2nd, 2014 at 1:53 pm said:

This game is going to FAIL, it’s just another Tenkaichi with new graphics and that’s just sad because apparently no one has learned from the failure from all the games after Budokai 3 -_-; I could keep going with why this game and the Tenkaichi games were horrible but more than likely my comment will either be deleted by mods because I speak the truth/my mind or they just don’t wanna hear criticism on their product that hasn’t come out yet but can already tell it’s going to FAIL cuz it’s just another Tenkaichi, like I said, with new graphicps……5 Goku’s or 5 Vegeta’s in a different state DOES NOT COUNT AS A TOTAL OF 10 CHARACTERS!! It’s only 2!! but since you devs are lazy and think that this idea is so good, you decided to cheap out and not actually put in as many characters as you’re claiming, false advertising! >:/ here I was thinking this was gonna be a real DBZ game that didn’t blow…end rant/

PAGE 1 2