Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Jan 24

Warframe - The Cicero Crisis

Warframe Update: New Warframe, Trophies, Custom Controls

Pat Kudirka's Avatar Posted by Pat Kudirka on Jan 24, 2014 // Associate Producer, Digital Extremes

Warframe Update 11.5: The Cicero Crisis

Warframe fans! Update 11.5 is here and we have a ton of goodies in store. Many of our players have been vocal on our forums about features they’d like to see in Warframe and the Lotus continues to listen. On top of our 10 new weapons, weapon skins, and level expansion sets in Update 11.5, we’ve included a brand new Warframe, fully customizable controls, and last but not least, Trophy support!

Oberon – the Paladin Warframe

Players using the new Paladin Warframe, Oberon, will make an immediate impact within their squad, assisting in all team efforts across the board. Whether you’re looking to assist your co-op bros with Oberon’s Renewal power or simply inflict effortless pain amongst your enemies with Smite, Oberon is the perfect balance for players looking to aid in both healing and dishing out the pain. But don’t take my word for it, check this out…

Customizable Controls

In Warframe there is a huge emphasis on customization as we want you, the player, to make the Solar System your personal playground. You can customize the appearance of your Warframe and Sentinel, add a touch of class to your Clan Dojo, and create thousands of badass weapon combinations with the Mod Card system (just as a few examples) but you can’t customize your controls…”WHY CAN’T I CUSTOMIZE MY CONTROLS, YOU MONSTERS!?” Easy big fella – we hear you!

Players can now map the DualShock 4 controller to their liking, creating hundreds of layout possibilities. Find what works best for you or simply revert your changes back to the default layout with the simple press of a button.

Warframe Wanted

Trophy Support

In the eyes of the fans, Trophy Support is likely our biggest feature addition in Update 11.5 and it couldn’t come soon enough. Trophies will have to be earned as they are not retroactive. A total of 20 Trophies are available, encouraging players to rank up their equipment, build items in the Foundry with collected resources, and participate in co-operative play; a key feature we like to emphasize in the Warframe universe. Co-op is king!

With Trophies now supported, I’m hoping I can take down the Wanted posters around the studio clamoring for my head. Now my question is, can I collect my own bounty? I could really use that crusty old danish. Mmmmm…crusty old danish.

PAGE 1 2

+ Sum-Mischief on January 25th, 2014 at 8:47 am said:

Yes, thanks … to make it all complete is the migration. Then you will see me on it all the time… I was on it strong on PC. I love how it looks and the controls on PS4 …even becca voice coming from the controller.

+ JKar275 on January 25th, 2014 at 9:12 am said:

Why only 20 Trophies?

The PC version of Warframe has 132 Steam Achievements (the equivalent of Trophies) & I’ve already unlocked 89 of them. I used to be excited about the idea of migrating my PC account over to PS4 – but this TREMENDOUS DIFFERENCE between both versions of Warframe is quite upsetting to me.

1) Will the PS4 version ever get all 132 Trophies?

2) If yes, then when?

Pat Kudirka's Avatar

+ Pat Kudirka on January 25th, 2014 at 11:17 am said:

Hi JKar275,

Sounds like you’re a dedicated Warframe player and we thank you for that!

We’re working hard to ensure the builds are similar across both skus but it will take some time and we ask everyone for their patience. Free-to-play is a fairly new concept on consoles and we’re working with Sony on a daily basis to ensure that we both reach our goals on the PS4.

“Why only 20 Trophies?”
    Freemium games such as Warframe can only allocate so many points for Trophies, but we feel 20 Trophies off the hop is quite rewarding for the player and we thank Sony for that. Just having any Trophy support is a huge bonus for the players and we hope everyone has fun trying to unlock them all.

“Will the PS4 version ever get all 132 Trophies?”
    New Trophies will be released each patch for Warframe and we try to update the title as frequently as possible. Will we ever reach 132? Time will tell :)

Thanks for the great questions!

+ inFAMOUS-787 on January 25th, 2014 at 10:05 am said:

Need more friends on my list that are playing WARFRAME , really want to get into this, add me!

+ Dangisuckatgamin on January 25th, 2014 at 10:49 am said:

I think they’ll add all 132 eventually which each update.
It’ll just take awhile, which gives us more of a reason to play.
Dev can you answer this though, would love to know if all trophies coming (if anymore are) will be free?

Pat Kudirka's Avatar

+ Pat Kudirka on January 25th, 2014 at 11:21 am said:

Hi Dangisuckatgamin (love the name),

Ninjas Play Free! and that includes Trophies :)

PAGE 1 2