Final Fantasy VII Remake

Jan 27

Final Fantasy XIV PS4 Coming April 14th, Collector’s Edition Revealed

Matt Hilton's Avatar Posted by Matt Hilton on Jan 27, 2014 // Senior Online Community Manager, Square Enix

Final Fantasy XIV: Collector's Edition

Since Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, the second MMO in the Final Fantasy series, was released on PC and PS3 , more than 1.5 million accounts have been registered, and filled more than 60 worlds with a living, breathing community. And since then, PS4 has been released, and millions of you have welcomed the new console into your homes. But admit it — you felt that something was missing, didn’t you?

Final Fantasy and PlayStation have been a dream team since the early days, and good friendships never die. So we’re happy to announce that Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will begin beta on February 22nd, and then launch on April 14th.

But that’s not all. What would Final Fantasy be without a sumptuous Collector’s Edition? If you want to know more, read on!

You will defend the realm of Eorzea against a smorgasbord of enemies — no, I’m not even kidding, you should be happy if something doesn’t constantly try to snap you in half or just save itself the trouble and swallow you whole to begin with. In a world like this, an adventurer needs any help he can find.

Final Fantasy XIV_ A Realm Reborn, 04Final Fantasy XIV_ A Realm Reborn, 05

And instead of the standard version, which gets you the game and 30 days of game time, there’s also a unique Collector’s Edition, which will look great in your collection. It features art, music and movies you can proudly show off to your friends, but also offers you the support every professional adventurer needs in the form of in-game items!

The Collector’s Edition contains these physical items:

• Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn exclusive box
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn artbook — The Art of Eorzea: A Realm Reimagined
  • Final Fantasy XIV Seventh Umbral Era movie disc — The Waning of the Sixth Sun
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn soundtrack — The Sounds of Eorzea
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn art card set
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn themed security token

As well as some sweet, sweet in-game items:

• Fat Chocobo Mount
  • Coeurl Mount
  • Behemoth Barding for your Chocobo Mount
  • Wind-Up Moogle Minion
  • Baby Behemoth Minion
  • Helm of Light (increases your earned experience by 20% until level 10!)

My personal favourite? The Fat Chocobo Mount! Ample, soft space to sit on, huggable, and even when you’re trapped in an icy chasm, you can be sure that he’ll find his way to your next meal — even if he has to peck himself through 50 yalms of pure ice, dangit! The true survivalist’s choice.

So, what are you waiting for? The pre-orders start now. And if you’re still not convinced, keep your eyes peeled on this space — we’ve got more to share, soon!

PAGE 1 2

+ Stratos671 on January 27th, 2014 at 4:30 pm said:

Will the PS4 version of the game include patch 2.1 on the disc? Or will we have to download the update online?

+ Stellaking_Si on January 27th, 2014 at 5:39 pm said:

Brilliant stuff Matt, thank you for your post & replies.
Caught the early PS4 news on this via the excellent ARRpod cast.

Being an enthusiastic PS3 player of XIV:ARR, a first time MMO-erist & massive Final Fantasy fan,
I do have a simple question – yet I’m not sure if you could answer it at this time? I’ll give it a shot though.

There has been some talk of one or two – quite hefty – 400+ page ‘tomes’ heading our way, player guides & maps? I think that’s a great idea. I hope these see worldwide release – that’s my cheeky ask sir ;D

+ auskye on January 27th, 2014 at 6:29 pm said:

I already bought FFXIV:ARR for PS3 and may upgrade to PS4, but I know I will still want to play on PS3 eventually. If I upgrade to PS4 can I re-buy it on the PS3 or should I wait and buy the PS4?

I understand if you’re already playing on PS3 you will be able to switch over to PS4 for free from April 11th, but once you’ve done that, you won’t be able to switch back. I’m unclear on how that allows you to get the other.

And I don’t suppose DualShock 3 support will be added for PS4.

+ tusunami on January 27th, 2014 at 6:34 pm said:

I really like this & may have to think about this a little more. 15 bucks a month is very reasonable to me . But my dilemma will be the time because of school & work. There may be a solution though as there always is.

+ D-Squad3 on January 27th, 2014 at 9:03 pm said:

Releases on my birthday! Please make a Collector’s Edition for Final Fantasy XV as well! Thanks

+ Tinye310 on January 27th, 2014 at 10:58 pm said:

Excited – can’t wait – gonna resub once this is out and I get my ps4 I think

+ Kugu306 on January 28th, 2014 at 12:34 am said:

If we still have the PC FFXIV original (and thus got a realm reborn for free) do we have to buy the PS4 version?

+ Gorvi on January 27th, 2014 at 12:40 pm said:

Shoot, it looks like I missed the round of question answering. Well, I’ll try anyway: The PS4 version will obviously support keyboards for chat, but can I use a mouse?

Matt Hilton's Avatar

+ Matt Hilton on January 27th, 2014 at 4:10 pm said:

The PlayStation 4 version will support a keyboard and mouse for gameplay (not just for chatting!). :)

+ Hara_Hatsuharu on January 27th, 2014 at 1:22 pm said:

I’m going to pre-order the PS4 collector’s edition to have in in my collection, but plan on upgrading from the my PS3 version so I can keep my progress and characters. How exactly is the upgrade from PS3 to PS4 going to work?

+ Raven7_7 on January 27th, 2014 at 3:20 pm said:

So my question is this, Since I ordered the Collectors edition of the game on the PS3, do I get the new fat chocobo mount on the PS4 version?

+ Raven7_7 on January 27th, 2014 at 3:21 pm said:

Scratch my last post. I did not see the answer. I apologize for that.

+ Elvick_ on January 27th, 2014 at 3:23 pm said:

Thank you for doing a CE for the PS4 version. I skipped the PS3 version for this one and am glad I don’t have I miss out on the CE.

+ cookieninja100 on January 27th, 2014 at 3:41 pm said:

So i have a question about the CE digital items. I got CE digital for PC last time due to the physical being out of stock. If i were to order this CE physical would i get a 2nd set of digital items? or will it come as a code like it did last time that i could give away to a friend? Im keen on buying the physical regardless but would like to know how the digital items would work this time around.

+ azhash85 on January 27th, 2014 at 4:16 pm said:

My internet kinda suck… will i be available to play it offline? If i dont use the internet, can i still play it although just alone….:(

+ Jerel on January 28th, 2014 at 5:58 am said:

Will it support Bluetooth Keyboards at launch or soon after launch? I know that’s probably not a fair question since the PS4 firmware doesn’t currently support Bluetooth Keyboards right now, but I’d like to know if the keyboard I’ve been using on my PS3 will work on the PS4 either at launch or eventually.

+ Substance-D on January 28th, 2014 at 6:09 am said:

For those of us who have it for pc and upgrade to the collectors edition – will we receive that Fat Chocobo Mount as well if we also have the PS3 / PS4 version of the game? Thinking about upgrading for this mount… >.<

+ mikeAnthony513 on January 28th, 2014 at 7:19 am said:

Is this game worth paying for to play? I only get like 4-5 hours max each day to play. Plus do you constantly have to sit and wait for a party like in XI? These are my concerns..

+ defeationjoe on January 28th, 2014 at 7:38 am said:

cant wait to start streaming coil with the rest of my fc!

+ TinyBlueFrog on January 28th, 2014 at 10:09 am said:

Very excited about the Game Card. However, there appear to be only the 60-days card available. Anyway to work around it if I wish to take advantage of the 180-days subscription for the $13/month discount?
Just curious. I am happy with the current entry level month-to-month subscription.

+ DuoMaxwell007 on January 28th, 2014 at 5:52 pm said:

@52 no this game is stupidly casual/solo friendly i play only 3 hours a day in in that time can gain one level plus get about 600 tokens fir my endgame armor (it takes 6k tokens for a full armor set)

+ BShornock on January 28th, 2014 at 9:57 pm said:

+Matt Hilton, I have a couple questions to ask.

1) If we purchased the physical Collector’s Edition on the PS3, does this mean we have to buy the PS4 edition, or will it recognize the PS3 purchase?
2) Are there any rewards for people that purchased the PC 1.0 version, the PS3 2.0 version, and the PS4 Collector’s Editions?
3) Is the Fat Chocobo Mount exclusive to the PS4 Collector’s Edition?
4) Is the Beta available for anyone that pre-ordered, and will there be server wipes?

Thank you for reading.

+ ANDSv2 on January 29th, 2014 at 7:39 am said:

Man, it would be nice to have had this upgrade path (or some upgrade option) for those playing on the PC.

+ BShornock on January 29th, 2014 at 3:33 pm said:

ANDSv2, you can use your PC account on the PS4, no need for a separate account, so if you get the Collector’s Edition items on the PS4, you can use those items on your PC account.

I am pretty sure they had a digital deluxe edition as well.

+ Segafan8 on February 2nd, 2014 at 5:35 am said:

Matt Hilton, you think now that FFIV A Realm Reborn being such a success. Plus the HD of X and X-2. We might actually get our long awaited wish come true in the form of FFVII in HD?

+ mike4fantasy08 on February 2nd, 2014 at 6:18 pm said:

I’m curious about this,

I already own Collection Edition for PC and Regular Standard for PS3, so I can play both. Since It coming to PS4 coming day for beta, I am exciting to transfer this PS3 to PS4 this summer.

Do I eligibility to have Fat Chocobo Mount and Moggle Minion ? I went to Mog Station shown that I am Legacy Player and Collection Edition icon together that meant I still get it those 2 bonus ?

Let me know!

+ Hara_Hatsuharu on February 7th, 2014 at 12:03 pm said:

What about trophies? I have 47% of the trophies on the PS3 version. When I upgrade to the PS4 version, will the trophy list upgrade too or am I going to have to earn them all over again and have a incomplete PS3 trophy list?

+ PwntNub on February 11th, 2014 at 8:57 pm said:

I have been playing this game on my PC, since I already have a level 50 and many achievements unlocked, when i go to the PS4, will my acheivements sychronize with PS4 trophies that others are talking about?

+ DespairHope1020x on February 14th, 2014 at 7:04 pm said:

Will there be a pre-order bonus for the CE like with the pc/ps3 version (hint-hint cait sit / mog hat)?

+ FreudExplains on February 17th, 2014 at 11:21 pm said:

Ok I am convinced! But excuse me. could anyone just help me with a question please? If I buy now the PS3 Collectors Edition, will I become the bonus for pre order passing to the ps4 later?
I wanna start today :D

+ SivleSan on February 19th, 2014 at 1:58 pm said:

Hi.. i have some questions and I would really like to get them answered.. i’ve always been interested in playing the pc version of a realm reborn. and still am.. but im ONLY INTERESTED IN PLAYING if I can get my hands on dat collectors edition. I didnt have a job back when it launched on pc and now i cant find it on square enix’s page. or anywhere for that matter unless i’m willing to pay 200+ usd. Now, i’m not interested in buying a ps4…just yet… but ps4 version has sparked new interest in me simply because its collector’s edition is exactly the same as pc version BUT will sadly, not work on my pc.Now my questions are: Is buying the ps4 collector’s edition BUT STILL playing the game digitally (through just the subscription) on my pc (until i eventually get a ps4) a sound idea?

+ SivleSan on February 19th, 2014 at 1:59 pm said:

(continued from above)… (considering i still get my way of having the collector’s items for just 79.99 and not paying 200+) or should i just try and get a good deal on pc version? If i do get ps4 collector’s edition AND play on pc for the time being… will i be able to transfer everything FOR FREE to ps4 version when iI eventually get the console (If I ever do)? is it the same account? Can i pay for just ONE subscription and use that ONE subscription across multiple platforms? or is there a required fee? and last question… if its only ONE SUBSCRIPTION… will I be able to redeem the digital dlc content that comes with the ps4 version to use ON MY PC before i get the ps4? and if it doenst.. is there some sort of time limit for redeeming?.. that would be huge for me because i dont know when Im getting a ps4 but i do want to use everything the collector brings on my pc.. Im mostly interested in the physical content (soundtrack, artbook, etc.) that comes with it though, which is why i’m even thinking on getting a ps4 version but play on pc.. please.. reply and sorry for the long post

+ Oriam13 on February 24th, 2014 at 11:16 am said:

I have looked at all stores and non of them are selling this version of the game collector’s edition that is, im gonna buy it for my ps4 but i cant seem to find a sore, can someone help

+ Holtnfrew on February 25th, 2014 at 1:40 am said:

Hey Matt, 2 questions;

I cleared the Beta on PS4, I want that game, am I better to purchase the CE for PS3 now to level my toon and transfer everything to the PS4 in April or wait for the PS4 CE version?

Second question, for the subscription, is it possible to pay for like 6 months or more at 12.99$/month without a credit card? Don’t answer me about the 60 days time card at 15$/month. What about the Crysta? Any Paypal option or else?

+ nathanuc1988 on January 27th, 2014 at 3:08 am said:

I’m soooooo excited for this version. Currently play on both PS3 and PC, but have minor gripes about each. The PS4 version is shaping up to be the absolute PERFECT version of the game for me. I’m a level 50 Black Mage, Bard, Paladin, Scholar, Summoner, Botanist, and Dragoon (all relic’d) on Hyperion. Currently working to find players to clear T5 with

Matt Hilton's Avatar

+ Matt Hilton on January 27th, 2014 at 12:14 pm said:

Glad to hear it! Once you’ve gotten the Binding Coil of Bahamut Turn 5 down, you can share your wins live on the PS4. :)

+ Giga_Gaia on January 27th, 2014 at 3:17 am said:

Can’t wait for this version.

Also, with Lightning Returns, FF14 ARR, FF10/10-2 all out, now stop making excuses and work on FF15 please.

+ GaMeCuBeFLOP on January 27th, 2014 at 3:41 am said:

Will this be sold on amazon?

+ dilbig5 on January 27th, 2014 at 3:54 am said:

Is it an open beta, do we sign up, or do the ones who played on the ps3 version get it?

Matt Hilton's Avatar

+ Matt Hilton on January 27th, 2014 at 12:11 pm said:

More details on joining in the Beta Test will be announced soon!

+ Ryumoau on January 27th, 2014 at 3:56 am said:

Not interested in pointless artbooks and soundtracks. I’ll wait till i’m able to at least download the game free on psn. It seems ridiculous to charge for the game disk itself on top of a monthly subscription.

+ nathanuc1988 on January 27th, 2014 at 3:56 am said:

@4 Sign ups should begin sometime in February. That is all we really know about the beta/transfer process right now. I’m fairly certain in the live letter, it was mentioned all PS4 owners will be eligible for beta. You will not be able to play existing characters/servers in the early stages of beta.

+ MakoSOLIDER on January 27th, 2014 at 4:14 am said:

What methods can US customers use to pay for their subscription? I don’t have a credit card…

Matt Hilton's Avatar

+ Matt Hilton on January 27th, 2014 at 12:11 pm said:

We recently launched game time cards in the US! You can purchase 60 days worth of subscription time using these cards! The game time cards are available from retailers like Amazon, the Square Enix Online Store and more!

+ nathanuc1988 on January 27th, 2014 at 4:27 am said:

@7 You can buy 60 day time cards at your local Gamestop.

+ Zezzler on January 27th, 2014 at 4:42 am said:

I’ll definitely be picking this up! I got the PC version at launch, and really enjoyed it for about 2 months, but decided to stop to focus on school. But because the PS4 version comes out just around exams, I can get it and play all throughout the summer whilst working.

How much will the CE cost?

Matt Hilton's Avatar

+ Matt Hilton on January 27th, 2014 at 12:05 pm said:

Eorzea is waiting for you! There’s a lot of new stuff to experience since launch!

The Collector’s Edition is available for exclusively from the Square Enix Online Store for $79.99 –

+ DaggerDragon666 on January 27th, 2014 at 5:07 am said:

If i buy it for the ps4 and have it for the ps3 can i play on both or is it i can only play on one playstation system. Do u know if they will make it where u can pay throught psn at some point because i do not have a credit card?

+ CallsignHelo on January 27th, 2014 at 5:57 am said:

I want to pre-order the Collector’s Edition NOW!

+ Sonicfan11589 on January 27th, 2014 at 5:59 am said:

I bought the digital version of the CE on PS3, I heard for those that bought it on PS3, we get a free upgrade in April, right?

+ Jisatsu_Kiddo on January 27th, 2014 at 6:03 am said:

@ + DaggerDragon666

If you buy or “upgrade” to the PS4 platform when moving your account you can only play console wise on the ps4. If you want to play on both you will need to have multiple copy/accounts. For the payment method most if all MMO type games besides the free to play market run on reoccurring subscription models.

It would be best to either go to the NA site for them and use your Check/Credit card or wait and set the information on your home console.

+ Darth_NyQuil- on January 27th, 2014 at 6:04 am said:

Does anyone know if you can play this in an offline mode of some sort, without paying the monthly fee, I’m not a fan of MMO but I love FF, please advise

+ andrew_pohuliai on January 27th, 2014 at 6:13 am said:

XIV??? oh gosh, when is it finally going to be final? figure yourself out!!!

+ DaggerDragon666 on January 27th, 2014 at 6:24 am said:

I’ve at least beat the story so i should be happy to at least get 36% of the trophies so if another free weekend happens before april 14 i should work on the other trophies but if not just forget about the plat for ps3 and focuse on ps4 because i’ve at least got my moneys worth of playing it on ps3

+ The_1_of_Deth on January 27th, 2014 at 6:36 am said:

been waiting for juicy stuff for my ps4 :) ps3 library has been growing again since launch and wanna start another section of my library :P this will be great addition. will pre-order as soon as i can get out of work lol

PAGE 1 2