No Man's Sky

PlayStation Plus: Smart As… Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Jan 27, 2014 // Sr. Community Specialist

If you’ve ever wondered how your intelligence stacks up against your friends and other people around the world, Smart As will give you a pretty good idea when it joins the PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection tomorrow. Just prepare yourself… the results might not be pretty at first. That’s what Smart As is all about though – not just finding out where you stand, but training every day to get a little better.

We’ve got a big Final Fantasy sale too, along with a discount on Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (thanks to the PS Vita PLAY sale). Peruse all the lovely discounts below.

Smart As… joins the Instant Game Collection when PlayStation Store updates tomorrow afternoon.

PlayStation Plus Update 1-28-2014

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Smart As (PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members

PlayStation Plus Update 1-28-2014
Join the brain gaming revolution! Use cutting-edge touch, tilt and camera controls to prove how smart you are in the first ever socially networked brain game on PS Vita. Solve math, memory, logic and word puzzles, crack augmented reality challenges and sharpen your rapid-fire reflexes to storm up the online leaderboards and show off your scores to the world via Facebook and Twitter.

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Final Fantasy V $5.39 $5.99 $9.99

Other Discounts

Title PS Plus Price Original Price
Curve Studios Mega Bundle $13.49 $14.99
Ethan Meteor Hunter $4.89 $9.99

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

Last Chance (Leaving On 2/4)

Instant Game Collection
Don’t Starve (PS4)
DMC Devil May Cry (PS3)
Discounts:
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (PS Vita)

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ Ryumoau on January 27th, 2014 at 8:05 am said:

‘Smart As’ is the Vita title? Really? The only thing interesting in this update was the Battle of Z sale but its the Vita version, which i’d rather play on my ps3.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on January 27th, 2014 at 11:01 am said:

Give it a shot, you might be surprised.

+ StingrayX on January 27th, 2014 at 8:06 am said:

Cool! another great update =D

+ CapJSheridan on January 27th, 2014 at 8:07 am said:

Yeah guys, Smart As isn’t plus material =/

+ bigsgg71 on January 27th, 2014 at 8:08 am said:

February plus update please?

+ Roach32 on January 27th, 2014 at 8:08 am said:

Thank you!!! I love “brain games” and have been wanting Smart As… Think I’ll snag FF XIII-2 as well!

+ ninth_prey on January 27th, 2014 at 8:09 am said:

So hitting the Final Fantasy sale!!! Missed out on it last time. it will not elude me again! Thanks so much for doing it again!

+ Tremulan777 on January 27th, 2014 at 8:09 am said:

Any chance we can see some DLCs discount for Vita games and PS3 games? Like Gravity Rush, Dead Space, ect.

+ speedkiller1 on January 27th, 2014 at 8:09 am said:

best sale ever

+ TheExiled12894 on January 27th, 2014 at 8:09 am said:

I’ll be grabbing DBZ for Vita. FFXIII-2 for $9 is so damn tempting .___.

+ eggmiester28 on January 27th, 2014 at 8:10 am said:

always nice having FF sales

+ L1N3M4X- on January 27th, 2014 at 8:11 am said:

What about Outlast for PS4?

+ brad74111 on January 27th, 2014 at 8:11 am said:

Nice Final Fantasy Sale

+ Satnamji on January 27th, 2014 at 8:12 am said:

Nice change of pace game with Smart As. I really enjoy the variety offered in the IGC. January has been a very solid month. Only thing I’d like to see different for Plus is more DLC sales, which tend to be grossly overpriced for most games, even ones 3 plus years old.

+ B-Real206 on January 27th, 2014 at 8:12 am said:

I hope Vita Tv gets announced for the west just because I want to play Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection on the big screen. If you own a vita or a psp BUY this game! What a steal :) I already own but will probably pic up part 3 and 5 and with that my FF collection on Vita will be complete until 10 :)

Wouldn’t mind if Square put the PSP anniversary edition up on the store but they won’t :(

+ xClayMeow on January 27th, 2014 at 8:12 am said:

I really hope the February Vita IGC offerings are a hell of a lot better than pitiful January!

+ snakeeyes211 on January 27th, 2014 at 8:12 am said:

Nothing for me this week :-/

+ Mando44646 on January 27th, 2014 at 8:13 am said:

Smart As is better than a PSP Worms game but still not all that great. I hope Vita has a better month next month.

Thanks for the discount on DBZ! I planned on picking it up and this only makes the decision easier :D

Nice FF sale as well, though I already have all those Im sure others will enjoy

+ Canuck4Life on January 27th, 2014 at 8:13 am said:

Which game will be replacing Don’t Starve as a PS4 IGC title when it gets swapped out?

+ JMBlakk on January 27th, 2014 at 8:14 am said:

Don’t Starve is leaving, What new PS4 is coming out next month?

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on January 27th, 2014 at 11:04 am said:

You will find out soon. :)

+ Teflon02 on January 27th, 2014 at 8:14 am said:

when is next months being announced? Thursday I’m guessing, hope soon we get more then 1 PS4 title cause I got nothing Dec, didn’t enjoy Jans game and if Febs is the same as eur, then I won’t enjoy again. Only good I got for Vita were things I owned so I hope Dynasty Warriors doesn’t end up on it again making me get what I have already lol. ModNation I wouldn’t mind tho, I loved that game but no PvP was what made me get rid of it lol. But this is all personal opinion, won’t reflect on anyone else but yeah. I just want Crash to work on my Vita and nothing else would even matter lol

+ mariiano01 on January 27th, 2014 at 8:15 am said:

February ps plus instant game collection please :D

+ The_Cowboy_Poet on January 27th, 2014 at 8:15 am said:

It should be noted you don’t need the original Dissidia Final Fantasy if you purchase Duodecim, as the original Dissidia can be unlocked on Duodecim.

+ PGDarkLordMalik on January 27th, 2014 at 8:16 am said:

Nice sale. Thanks for finally giving us FF series on Sale.

Why are FF VI, FF VII and FF VIII missing though?

+ jonjon0890 on January 27th, 2014 at 8:17 am said:

@18
The game that will replace Don’t Starve is a real survival horror game – Outlast supposedly next week.

+ The_Tuck on January 27th, 2014 at 8:18 am said:

Outlast is coming to PS4 on February 5th and has been already leaked as the next PS4 game on the IGC.

+ vongruetz on January 27th, 2014 at 8:20 am said:

Smart As is a great addition to the IGC. Anything with John Cleese is really pretty good, and this game is a good one.

+ SaberX85 on January 27th, 2014 at 8:20 am said:

What about FF 7 and 8? no sales?

+ djsaiyan on January 27th, 2014 at 8:20 am said:

@19

Outlast was already announced for February as the PS4 title.

+ TheVila on January 27th, 2014 at 8:22 am said:

Will the Final Fantasy XIII-2 DLC be on sale as well?

+ ntn3_KAIXAnized on January 27th, 2014 at 8:24 am said:

That FF sale is exactly what I need! Been debating on whether or not to repurchase Dissidia Duodecim digitally since I bought my Vita last month, and since Duodecim is my all-time favorite PSP game. With this sale, I’m permanently ending that debate. Thanks for this! :D

+ Dinsouza on January 27th, 2014 at 8:25 am said:

I’m curious to know what games come in the Curve Studios Mega Bundle. Do I have to wait til tomorrow?

+ KRATOS_XIX on January 27th, 2014 at 8:28 am said:

Please more PS4 content. Thank you. I still love my PS3 but I just can’t stop playing with my PS4. :D

+ PGDarkLordMalik on January 27th, 2014 at 8:29 am said:

Not trying to be greedy or anything but the Plus discounts seem to be non-existent.

+ otakumike on January 27th, 2014 at 8:31 am said:

I hope you guys consider putting that EDF Vita game in the IGC at some point. I’ve been wanting to try it but not quite sure I want to spend that much money on something I might not like. If I do enjoy it though I might even toss a few bucks at the DLC and pick up the new one coming out too.

+ RedNinjaLegend on January 27th, 2014 at 8:32 am said:

Any idea on when we will be able to pre order Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes on the PS Store?

+ Skywarrd on January 27th, 2014 at 8:34 am said:

In the future, could the titles listed be links directly to the store? Just makes it easier to find the games or get to them directly. Thanks for the sales! I left Xbox for Playstation and I’m glad I did!

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on January 27th, 2014 at 11:07 am said:

We don’t do that to prevent people from accidentally purchasing the game at full price, since the games don’t go free in Plus until the Tuesday store update.

+ Tonezorz on January 27th, 2014 at 8:34 am said:

No FF VIII sale this time around? :(

+ Fardeenah on January 27th, 2014 at 8:34 am said:

when will we know feb IGC? hopefully we will get something better for the vita, this month sucked.

+ M89ROSE on January 27th, 2014 at 8:35 am said:

Aw man I just downloaded FFXIV the other day…why couldn’t my urge to try it out hit a week later lol

+ mateusrocca on January 27th, 2014 at 8:41 am said:

the Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy is only for PSP or can be played on PS Vita?

+ AwRy108 on January 27th, 2014 at 8:41 am said:

@1: Smart As… is actually a pretty decent Vita game that, sadly, nobody bought.

+ Geddy2003 on January 27th, 2014 at 8:41 am said:

Anything about the Playstation Now beta? It was supposed to start at the end of the month, and nothing has been said at all. Has it been delayed?

+ pri4vedi on January 27th, 2014 at 8:41 am said:

Playstation Plus has been giving us titles like bioshock infinite, brothers, grid 2 and borderlands 2 with a small subscription fee ($50 is small for a year). Having said that, I expect a AAA table every week. Get me Splinter cell: blacklist and Ni No Kuni in February so that I have played all titles from my 2013 wishlist.

+ buffpotato on January 27th, 2014 at 8:42 am said:

@14 Origins is better than the FF1&2 on PSP. As it includes both, doesn’t have that weird gross neo FF look square is applying to everything, doesn’t mess with FF1 magic system ruining the game like the PSP version, can be played on PS3 too.

And it doesn’t have load time issues like FFV or FFVI on PS1 either. It’s an excellent port much more faithful to the original versions than the GBA or PSP ones.

If you have a PSP-2000 or 3000 you can get a TV out cable for like $5 and play it on your TV that way too, although you may have to use the zoom function on your TV.

+ Phoenix9889 on January 27th, 2014 at 8:43 am said:

When I saw FF sale I was going “Yes, I can finally pick up 8 and 9!” Saw 8 missing and went “At least I can pick up 9… Oh yeah!”

The PS4 game next month I would bet would be Tiny Brains.

+ TeamGreen615 on January 27th, 2014 at 8:43 am said:

I’m glad that Smart As is on the IGC. That’s a game I probably wouldn’t have played but now I get to try it out. I still have Soul Sacrifice to play also. FFlll for $8.99 awesome!

+ TomHoang on January 27th, 2014 at 8:45 am said:

Might have to pick up Final Fantasy III on the PSP, to this day it’s the only numbered Final Fantasy I have not played.

+ BPinter on January 27th, 2014 at 8:48 am said:

I’m excited for Smart As…! It was always a game that looked interesting to me, and the Beyond! crew always spoke highly of it, but seemed overpriced when it was released. Happy to be getting it free!

+ DoutorPierre on January 27th, 2014 at 8:48 am said:

Can i play final fantasy I,II,III,IV and V in vita?

+ Pikachupalo on January 27th, 2014 at 8:50 am said:

Hey Kristine: Dragon Ball Z isn’t part of the IGC. xD

Last Chance (Leaving On 2/4)

Instant Game Collection
Don’t Starve (PS4)
DMC Devil May Cry (PS3)
Discounts:
->>>> Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (PS Vita) -<<<<

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on January 27th, 2014 at 11:01 am said:

That’s why it’s under “discounts” ;) Looks like that part wasn’t bolded though, so it’s easy to miss.

PAGE 1 2 3 5