Driveclub

Flash Sale Starts Now: PS4, PS3 and PS Vita Games Up to 50% Off

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar + Posted by Pierre Gravereau on Jan 29, 2014 // Director, Digital Distribution

It’s time for more discounts on some top PS4, PS3 and PS Vita games. Get up to 50% off a great lineup of titles starting right now. If you think you might pick one (or two, or three, or four) of the games on sale, act fast, because this Flash Sale ends at 6:00PM Pacific on Friday, January 31st.

From Killzone Shadow Fall and Knack on PS4, to Gran Turismo 6 and Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag on PS3, to Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition on PS Vita, the January Flash Sale is stocked with plenty of exciting games with some great discounts.

January Flash Sale

Check out the full lineup below:

Title Sale Price Original Price
Knack (PS4) $41.99 $59.99
Super Motherload (PS4, Cross-buy) $7.49 $14.99
Super Motherload (PS3, Cross-buy) $7.49 $14.99
Contrast (PS3) $7.49 $14.99
Contrast (PS4) $7.49 $14.99
FIFA 13 (PS Vita) $13.99 $19.99

Let us know what games you’re going to grab in the comments below. The Flash Sale starts now and ends Friday at 6:00PM Pacific.

139 Comments

+ paracelsoder93 on January 29th, 2014 at 10:17 am said:

That’s a pretty bad sale for ps vita.. Try more discounts for better games like need for speed, ninja gaiden or virtual tennis !

+ ZeoKhalid on January 29th, 2014 at 10:18 am said:

killzone of course

+ oshkoshbagosh1 on January 29th, 2014 at 10:21 am said:

@45 @49
Us ps+ preview I usually the last thursday of the month

+ mean_cheez on January 29th, 2014 at 10:24 am said:

Hmmm you guys know Killzone and Knack are an even $40 on Amazon right now?

+ FeistFan on January 29th, 2014 at 10:24 am said:

Nice to see a sale on Contrast for the PS3 – I’m intrigued by that game. Looks like fun.

I’m wary, though…when I finally get a PS4 I ought to have Contrast since I “purchased” it for free on my PS+ membership. Even if I don’t get a PS4 for another year or two, I’m betting it won’t take a year before it shows up on PS+ for the PS3. At least I’ll hold off until I see the February PS+ announcements.

+ KingXtreme81 on January 29th, 2014 at 10:27 am said:

With regards to Knack, why not match the price that Amazon is selling the digital version for? Amazon is selling a digital code for Knack for $39.99, and I’m puzzled why you would put your own published game on sale for $41.99 when another retailer is offering it for $39.99 right now.

I understand not necessarily being able to price match third party games, but Knack is a SCE published game, and I think it reasonable to expect Sony to keep their own digital game prices in line with other retailers, especially in light of the push towards digital, or at least a push to make digital as viable in the console world (see PC for how to do it) as disc.

Because of this price difference, small as it may be, should I buy Knack today –which I plan to do– I will opt to go with Amazon. Why pay $2 more?

Really, Sony, as a person who’s gone pretty much all digital with my game purchases (PS4, XBO, and PC), I hope you’ll be more aggressive with your pricing strategy, at least when it comes to price matching. After all, I would assume that you want us buying from your store as opposed to others, right?

+ saintaqua on January 29th, 2014 at 10:29 am said:

I love Flashsales…but I’m going to have to agree with the people saying this one isn’t that good…most of these are the same price or cheaper at retail and Amazon as of late.
Super Motherload and (if you missed it) Contrast are good sales though.
Thanks!

+ DarkDuckJustice on January 29th, 2014 at 10:30 am said:

Pretty good sale for new games! Just wanted to point out that Best Buy has of few of these games for a little cheaper for those of you who want physical copies.

I also thought I should mention that I haven’t received my invite to the Playstation Now beta yet… Even though I keep rechecking my email every 15 minutes. I’d better go look again now that I mention it!

+ Swotam on January 29th, 2014 at 10:34 am said:

@55 Sony never price matches, even on ancient first party games like Uncharted which they still charge $30 for on PSN despite the fact that you can buy it on disc pretty much anywhere for $20. They seem to be completely clueless in that regard, and often you’ll find the prices on PSN are significantly higher than elsewhere, and even when they have sales like this the prices are often still higher than retail.

They probably have some sort of agreement that they won’t undercut Amazon on their digital game codes…

+ shawnthesleebs on January 29th, 2014 at 10:41 am said:

I probably would have bit down on Black Flag’s digital version for PS4, but since this is PS3 only, it doesn’t help to see other stores always having it for sale at $29.99

+ Markoto on January 29th, 2014 at 10:52 am said:

It’s cheaper on Amazon (not by much). Killzone and Knack are only 39.99 (Both Digital download or retail copy). The AC4 for PS3 is only 29.99 digital on Amazon.. Not a good flash sale here.

+ iREVOLTER on January 29th, 2014 at 10:56 am said:

Sony should change the prices forever for Knack an KZ, like 39.99 to boost the digital input . Cause digital shouldn’t be higher than physical. The Digital price tags are messed on PSN, like 5 old games are like 30$ and physical can be bought for 15. Please Sony if you want to move the Digital PSN you need killer prices , PS+ is doing great at dropping prices , but its not always.

Well… I’ll wait for additional PS+ discount later in year ).

+ mikerocks1234 on January 29th, 2014 at 10:58 am said:

why does the store sell games in non integers cents ie xx.99 you can only add whole numbers to the store. i would consider madden 25 if they had it for ps4.

+ Rusti002 on January 29th, 2014 at 11:01 am said:

terrible “sale” every of those games have better price in either physical or on the psn store on amazon

+ Shoryyuken on January 29th, 2014 at 11:01 am said:

You guys need a “It Came From Japan!” Sale. Discount JRPG’s on all systems. Like Disgaea for Vita & PS3. Tales Of games & various other things. This sale is fine but it doesn’t seem like much of a savings to be honest.

Just do a Japan sale. Just do it. Do it. Do it.

+ Kchow23 on January 29th, 2014 at 11:02 am said:

No plus discount on top of it all? A decent sale for people who just got or are planning to get a PS4.

+ D-Squad3 on January 29th, 2014 at 11:06 am said:

No PS4 edition of ACIV? Lame

+ ArchAngeL-777 on January 29th, 2014 at 11:09 am said:

Sales like this are definitely a step in the right direction, but it’s also a reason I don’t buy digital most of the time. If you look around on Amazon or other places, many of these games could be had at the prices or better. A “Flash Sale” usually implies a massive price cut. In this case, it just brought the digital editions in line with prices at physical vendors since PSN has had them at $60 while everyone else has been dropping the price.

This is a huge reason why the “digital age” media hype is just that…media hype. Who’s going to pay $50-60 for a digital game 6 months after release when other vendors are selling physical copies at $30-40 by then? PSN notoriously lags way behind on their prices. You would think if anything a digital version would be cheaper on a regular basis since it should be far more cost effective to distribute. Then a “Flash sale” really could be a big discount.

+ ElektroDragon on January 29th, 2014 at 11:18 am said:

Super Motherload needs to be the next Plus game!!! Even at 50% off, I was still unable to convince myself to buy it. Please put it on Plus.

+ DasRequiem on January 29th, 2014 at 11:26 am said:

Not much for me this time around. Injustice for Vita is very tempting but I think I’ll pass.

+ bigimpactpooch on January 29th, 2014 at 11:35 am said:

Heads up, you can get Black Flag for 29.99 on amazon. Even the digital code if you choose

+ M0v1ng_T4RG3T_- on January 29th, 2014 at 11:37 am said:

Yay useless posts i want my february preview today not in march.

+ Biory on January 29th, 2014 at 11:39 am said:

Anyone have $20 I can borrow? I want to get Shadow Fall. :(

+ Otaku359 on January 29th, 2014 at 11:40 am said:

I just spent $36 on the Final Fantasy sale! Damn you Playstation! Making me broke.

+ adidasking421 on January 29th, 2014 at 11:42 am said:

I first saw this and got excited, until I saw the lineup of games for the PS4. I have Killzone and Contrast was free at launch and not too interested in Knack, Super Motherload or Injustice. I’ll save my money for now & keep playing BF4 and Ghosts until some new games come out.

+ Lucent85 on January 29th, 2014 at 11:47 am said:

Yeah nothing for me.

+ phillydogg1 on January 29th, 2014 at 11:50 am said:

The headline said 50 % off. Some of these games is not 50 % off!

+ Husteen on January 29th, 2014 at 12:02 pm said:

i’ve been babysitting this site in anticipation for the next flash sale, but seems this one’s a bust.

the price for contrast isn’t too bad, but i bet it will be on sale for even less than that in the future. injustice is worth about $10 to players who already bought the ps3 version. just some minor markdowns on already expensive games. pretty negligible sale overall, but i appreciate the thought. let’s see what february ps+ has for us. by the way, for everyone asking about the february preview, the guy already said they “usually update it on the last thursday on the month.” so we should be reading about it tomorrow.

+ Fusion13 on January 29th, 2014 at 12:04 pm said:

Pretty cool seeing PS4 titles on sale

+ jsaid1189 on January 29th, 2014 at 12:06 pm said:

knack and killzone are cheaper on amazon, and yes the digital codes are about 2 dollars cheaper.

+ Bad_Brains on January 29th, 2014 at 12:10 pm said:

I got excited when I saw the title, disappointed upon seeing the list. Oh well, probably for the best anyways. Only thing vaguely interesting is FIFA13 on Vita, but it’s still too much.

+ Dangisuckatgamin on January 29th, 2014 at 12:10 pm said:

Picked up Knack, it’s cool too. Thanks Sony for having a sale (wasn’t expecting it and was going to get Knack today anyways so that was just an added bonus).

+ Gamerzlimited on January 29th, 2014 at 12:11 pm said:

@Shimrra74 Same. As much as I want to double dip on Injustice for the Vita, I feel like there’s going to be a bigger sale for it a few months from now. I recommend passing for the time being. Not too in a hurry to get it for me as I can still play this game on my PS3.

@OGPodcast_iDB If Assassin’s Creed III is going to be on February’s PS+, I would be excited for it. Not sure if it will happen due to the this week’s Assassin’s Creed sale.

+ JMBlakk on January 29th, 2014 at 12:12 pm said:

great thing no one knows that Killzone is 40 dollars on amazon

+ Typomancer on January 29th, 2014 at 12:19 pm said:

Kind of a lackluster sale besides KZSF (if you were looking at getting it).

Honestly the default price for Super Motherload should be its current sale price. It’s a polished little game, but even $5 for it would be pretty generous.

+ YorlecmNwahs on January 29th, 2014 at 12:26 pm said:

Contrast is AMAZING!!!

+ ewells31 on January 29th, 2014 at 12:32 pm said:

Quick question. First of all, this flash sale ROCKS! Ok, now on to my question. For Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate game for the PS3, do you also get the Vita version bundled with it? I could of swore that this Injustice game was cross-buy for the Vita and PS3, but still cannot find any validation on it. If not, I am still picking this gem up for the price – such a nice price. One again thank you PS Plus for all the money you have saved me over the years ever since I signed up for it. I would dare to say that my wife and I have saved well over $500 from having PS Plus

Eric

+ ewells31 on January 29th, 2014 at 12:36 pm said:

Also, cannot wait to see what Sony has cooked up for this Thursday, 1/29/14 in regards to a “slim” announcement. I already have an idea of what I think it is…..who knows, it could be both my ideas all wrapped into one tasty nugget (PS Vita Slim & PS Vita TV – maybe the PS Vita TV device may come to North America)

+ SuperTiso on January 29th, 2014 at 12:38 pm said:

I don’t see a reason to get the PS4 games at this high of a price still, especially when we all probably own them physically anyway. I can see people jumping for Injustice for PS3 as paying an extra $10 will net you the PS4 version as well. Oh well, Super Motherload and Injustice Vita for me.

+ Skeetlejuice on January 29th, 2014 at 12:39 pm said:

Fifa 13 Vita

1. there is fifa 14 available
2. they are all bad port of fifa 11 ps3, with kits and rosters and reduced modes and gameplay.
3. the controls are rubish (had 13 and traded it in)

save your money for anything else anything, it is insulting that they didn’t put 14 on sale and even then it would be a rip

the rest is tepid compared to the last flash sale.

i’ll save my money for lords of shadow 2

+ CrispyCanuk on January 29th, 2014 at 12:42 pm said:

Hope we hear what we are getting for PS4 PS+ before the sale is over, hope its not Outlast like the EU.

+ MiNdTrIcKs1999 on January 29th, 2014 at 12:44 pm said:

I might pick up Injustice for vita, 20 bucks seems like a decent deal :)

+ ReXTeX999 on January 29th, 2014 at 12:50 pm said:

This is too late i have already purchased the best title there.

+ TriangleOffense on January 29th, 2014 at 12:55 pm said:

lol @ sale, this is the biggest problem with an all digital future. too expensive and not worth the bandwidth at those prices

+ SeventhFonist on January 29th, 2014 at 1:48 pm said:

Nothing for me. More RPGs, please?

+ kajitsushu on January 29th, 2014 at 2:06 pm said:

I panicked a little when I read “Flash Sale”… but I calmed down when I saw the titles.

+ ManjoumeThunder on January 29th, 2014 at 2:28 pm said:

The sales look good, I just don’t have the money.

Also, and this is me personally, I’d rather have a physical copy of Injustice for Vita.

+ Monterossa on January 29th, 2014 at 2:34 pm said:

what? AC4 was on $30 sale last week and now it’s $42 in this sale? lol

+ purse317 on January 29th, 2014 at 2:34 pm said:

A sale yes but it doesn’t make me go wow gotta buy that now. I’ve seen pries close to these elsewhere and already brought some ps4 games for less.

+ mayham_king on January 29th, 2014 at 2:39 pm said:

man play station has really gone far in gaming, cant wait tell the PS5 COMES OUT!