Uncharted 4

PlayStation Plus: February Preview

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Jan 30, 2014 // Sr. Community Specialist

Typically when you think of February, your mind goes to chocolates, flowers, and other lovey-dovey things. So we thought we’d celebrate this sappy month by scaring the bejesus out of you with Outlast on PS4.

We also have some great single-player PS3 experiences, including Metro: Last Light, a first-person shooter with an interesting take on morality, and Remember Me, a third-person action adventure where you’ll take down an evil corporation by beating lots of people up with your own unique combos and messing with people’s memories. If you have a significant other, you might be able to rope him or her into some bank-robbing action with Payday 2 on PS3. After all, everyone likes stealing stuff. I mean, uh… nevermind.

Finally, two PS Vita titles are joining the Instant Game Collection: Street Fighter X Tekken and ModNation Racers: Road Trip. Both include functionality with their respective PS3 versions. Fight against your friends in Street Fighter X Tekken no matter what platform they have, or download your previously made PS3 creations and use them in ModNation Racers: Road Trip.

Plus - February 2014 IGC

February PlayStation Plus Preview

Outlast (PS4)

Plus - Outlast

Free for PS Plus members

“Outlast perfects this self-inflicted madness in every area of its design, and it’s absolutely petrifying.” – Joystiq.com

Hell is an experiment you can’t survive in Outlast, a first-person survival horror game developed by veterans of some of the biggest game franchises in history. As investigative journalist Miles Upshur, explore Mount Massive Asylum and try to survive long enough to discover its terrible secret… if you dare.

Metro: Last Light (PS3)

Plus - Metro Last Light

Free for PS Plus members

“Last Light is notably superior to its predecessor, merging storytelling, shooting, and sneaking into a remarkable and cohesive whole.” – GameSpot.com

It is the year 2034. Beneath the ruins of post-apocalyptic Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro, the remnants of mankind are besieged by deadly threats from outside – and within. Mutants stalk the catacombs beneath the desolate surface, and hunt amidst the poisoned skies above. But rather than stand united, the station-cities of the Metro are locked in a struggle for the ultimate power, a doomsday device from the military vaults of D6. A civil war is stirring that could wipe humanity from the face of the earth forever. As Artyom, burdened by guilt but driven by hope, you hold the key to our survival – the last light in our darkest hour…

PayDay 2 (PS3)

Plus - Payday 2

Free for PS Plus members

“The adrenaline flows steadily as you inevitably repel the barrage of police waves while trying to make your getaway.” – GameInformer.com
PAYDAY 2 is an action-packed, four-player co-op shooter that once again lets gamers don the masks of the original PAYDAY crew – Dallas, Hoxton, Wolf and Chains – as they descend on Washington D.C. for an epic crime spree.

Remember Me (PS3)

Plus - Remember Me

Free for PS Plus members

“Not only beautiful graphics and incredible sound, but also a new combat approach wrapped around a very engaging storyline.” – GamingTrend.com
Neo-Paris. 2084. Personal memories can now be digitized, bought, sold and traded. The last remnants of privacy and intimacy have been swept away in what appears to be a logical progression of the explosive growth of social networks at the beginning of the 21st century. Remember Me is a 3rd person action adventure where players take on the role of Nilin, a former elite memory hunter with the ability to break into people’s minds and steal or even alter their memories.

Street Fighter X Tekken (PS Vita)

Plus - Street Fighter X Tekken

Free for PS Plus members

A dream collaboration between the two biggest fighting game franchises is now a reality! A deluge of highly demanded characters join the fray in this tag team-based game! The second round of this war begins now!

ModNation Racers: Road Trip (PS Vita)

Plus - Modnation Racers

Free for PS Plus members

Welcome to the never-ending season of ModNation kart racing, where competitive racing and community creativity collide. Whether you race for the fastest time, customize your own karts or tracks, or you discover new courses online – ModNation Racers gives you everything you need for your next “Road Trip!” Use common gestures to create or edit your Mod, Kart, or Track. If that wasn’t enough, you will have full access to all creations made on the PS3. That’s right, download and play with your favorite PS3 creations and take it where ever you go.

If you’ve got feedback on PlayStation Plus make sure you take the poll above as well as leave a comment below. To chat about all things PlayStation, including this update, you can head over to the PlayStation Community Forums. You’ll also find other topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or you can start your own discussion.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 11

+ Joe-TFW on January 30th, 2014 at 8:21 am said:

What an update. Following up a strong January with an even stronger February. I desperately need a much bigger card for my Vita. How about launching that 64GB card outside of Japan and making it affordable?

+ carlpain on January 30th, 2014 at 8:21 am said:

Metro: Last Light? First time I’m excited for a game (Plus).

+ Teh_AKOD on January 30th, 2014 at 8:22 am said:

Hyped about Metro Last Light and Remember Me, but not as much as the amazing games we have for vita this month. With Street Fight x Tekken and UMvsC3 my Vita has become a portable way to play fighting games. Also, I didn’t know there was crossplay between Vita and PS3 players. That is awesome and more games should follow this tendency.

+ Hayades on January 30th, 2014 at 8:23 am said:

Great job with February Sony.

My wishlist:

mirror’s edge
farcry 3
jak and daxter trilogy

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on January 30th, 2014 at 9:03 am said:

FarCry 3, Soooo good. I support this suggestion!

+ honkayjeezus on January 30th, 2014 at 8:24 am said:

Great stuff, hopefully Far Cry 3 next month???

+ Frodomec on January 30th, 2014 at 8:24 am said:

OMFG JESUS CHIRIST HELL YEAHHH!!!

+ oooaznkid on January 30th, 2014 at 8:24 am said:

AMAZING UPDATE! Now my PS4 will be ignored even more! I have enough PS3 games in my backlog and PS Plus is really not helping!

+ Tayls129 on January 30th, 2014 at 8:24 am said:

Absolutely brilliant month!

+ Dionysus-Jones on January 30th, 2014 at 8:24 am said:

With a service like this… How anyone can justify paying for Xbox Live is beyond me.

(BEYOND!)

+ samversionone on January 30th, 2014 at 8:25 am said:

And this is why I’m so glad I made the permanent jump to PlayStation. PS Plus has been an awesome service and I’ve been amazed by all the awesome games they’ve been able to give us each month for free.

+ TheXav1as on January 30th, 2014 at 8:26 am said:

Awesome lineup this month, strong start to this year.

+ Critosis on January 30th, 2014 at 8:27 am said:

OMG BEST MONTH EVER.

+ CrusaderForever on January 30th, 2014 at 8:28 am said:

What a truly fantastic month for PS+! I love Playstation!!! Your team is doing an amazing job! I don’t own any of these games. Thanks again!

+ Conaaando on January 30th, 2014 at 8:29 am said:

WOW, awesome!

+ tbx59 on January 30th, 2014 at 8:29 am said:

Nice month.

+ bustinbadguys on January 30th, 2014 at 8:29 am said:

Wow!

+ IDJohn_ on January 30th, 2014 at 8:30 am said:

OMG, I love PS+

+ EFUS09 on January 30th, 2014 at 8:30 am said:

oh god, much games and I without time D:

+ bldudas on January 30th, 2014 at 8:30 am said:

I’ve been wanting to play Metro: Last Light. Thank you.

+ CeciL_b_Jetsun on January 30th, 2014 at 8:30 am said:

Hey Duders and Kristine,

Thanks so much for the great line-up this month. I’m so excited for Metro and Remember Me; games that ended up on some GOTY lists. I am also a member of the Vita Knights of the Roundtable and could not be more excited for the Street Fighter vs. Tekken even though I just began playing P4G last night. I can’t wait to have Outlast in my ps4 cue for whenever i make that jump. I’ve never played any Payday games but I hear they are a good time as well. Thank You for proving your value to me month and month again.

+ Yuranium on January 30th, 2014 at 8:30 am said:

I guess this is a gift for my birthday this month. The best plus month ever! Other than Mod Nation, I never played the other games. Sony just keep getting better.

+ rx7-94 on January 30th, 2014 at 8:31 am said:

wow, Metro Last Light and Remember Me for me

+ MatheusRuggeri on January 30th, 2014 at 8:32 am said:

Another amazing month.

+ jonjon0890 on January 30th, 2014 at 8:33 am said:

@50
DLC in North American PSN Stores are rarely discounted.
So do not count on it.

+ elscarface on January 30th, 2014 at 8:33 am said:

OMG!! I bought Payday 2 yesterday. That why you should post this early. :(

+ StealthReborn– on January 30th, 2014 at 8:33 am said:

Hey Kristine,

Just wondering based on your opinion, and if you’ve played the first Payday, would you say it’s better than the first? I found the controls and trying to figure things out in the first game not very forgiving so I didn’t bother with it. Not really sure if this second installment is drastically improved or maybe I shouldn’t bother giving it a try.

Other than that, very good month! …. Just like every other month though – excellent! =)

Have a great day! =)

+ D-Squad3 on January 30th, 2014 at 8:33 am said:

Now THAT is what I’m talking about. So many PS3 games I can still need to play now! Sweet! All of those games were on my radar and now I don’t have to buy them!

+ bobafett4ever on January 30th, 2014 at 8:34 am said:

Are any of the free PS3 games not rated M? I got the PSN membership for my 3 kids for Christmas because they love the PS3, but seems, so far, like most (I know, not all) of the free games are rated M. I hope that’s just coincidence for 2014 so far.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on January 30th, 2014 at 9:06 am said:

You and @86 make an interesting point. Thanks for bringing this up in these comments. Noted.

+ imboi on January 30th, 2014 at 8:34 am said:

can i get a little variety in my vita plus titles that the second cart racer game in a row I can name plenty of great game in the vita back catalog i would want on plus

+ SCZeag on January 30th, 2014 at 8:34 am said:

Awesome update! You guys ROCK!

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on January 30th, 2014 at 9:05 am said:

Nope. You do. (but thanks)

+ Teflon02 on January 30th, 2014 at 8:35 am said:

Finally a month for the Vita where I don’t own the Vita game X2. Finally, I use to have ModNation on release and loved it, but the fact that they said they’d patch online mp then didn’t made me get rid of it. Hopefully a bunch of ppl on PS+ will make em reconsider now (2 years later). I tried SFxT on vita and it was great, so I’m definitely happy bout it, on PS3, I’m only happy for Remember Me, not a fan of the other 2, but they do get praise so good work, sadly Another PS4 game I will not like again. Maybe March I’ll feel the PS4 PS+ value again, right now not so much though

+ Statik19 on January 30th, 2014 at 8:35 am said:

February will be a great ps plus month.
I’m looking forward to Metro, and Streetfighter.
I’m going to purchase Outlast with my psn (plus) account on my PC so when I eventually get a PS4, it will be in my ps plus catalog.
Thanks Sony.

+ pge_13 on January 30th, 2014 at 8:36 am said:

OMG, it’s so beautiful :’)

+ Patsrule0316 on January 30th, 2014 at 8:37 am said:

I invinted a new phrase to coin my reaction to seeing this month’s line-up for PS+. Nobody better steal this, becasue it is my original creation…the phrase is ‘Holy Smokes!”

And I don’t even have a PS3, but I have a PS4 and a Vita, and still really happy. Kuddos to the Plus team.

+ Malkavilis on January 30th, 2014 at 8:38 am said:

Such games. Much Fun. Wow

+ b00kthree on January 30th, 2014 at 8:38 am said:

Rated M. M. M. M. Vita. Vita. Nothing for me this month, again. Glad I didn’t grab one of those $30 plus deals to renew on black friday… would have been a waste at this rate.

+ joel_1989_ on January 30th, 2014 at 8:39 am said:

2014 look good for PS+

+ infamouz94 on January 30th, 2014 at 8:39 am said:

I’m gonna upgrade to PSN + for this great line up. Hope they don’t clear out borderland and bioshock infinite.

+ PyronDrako on January 30th, 2014 at 8:39 am said:

Wow, good update! In EU they removed 1 game for PS3, only 2 from now on…. ;( (since some month ago). Btw, PS+ = <3<3<3

+ bajor27 on January 30th, 2014 at 8:39 am said:

Unbelievable. One of the best months ever!

+ Eccentrick on January 30th, 2014 at 8:40 am said:

I like this month’s Plus a lot better than the last couple of month’s. Except for Brothers, I already owned most of what went free, either cuz I bought it when it was new (Borderlands 2), or bought it when they were on sale for Plus (Bioshock Infinite and DmC for $10 each, which I was kinda peeved about since I coulda got them free only 2 or 3 months later).

I like this month better because none of them are games I would pay full price for (or even heavily discounted, in the case of Remember Me), but was still curious about trying. Which is one thing I do love about Plus. Just wish they wouldn’t discount a game and then put it free a month later (again, like Remember Me. Almost bought it last time it was on sale).

+ b00kthree on January 30th, 2014 at 8:40 am said:

@78, that’s the trend now, bobafett4ever. I’m disappointed too. Used to be a better value for family gamers.

+ FairySun on January 30th, 2014 at 8:40 am said:

Nice selection.
Can’t wait to try PayDay 2.
But why do we have 2 shooter game for PS3 in one month?

It would be nice if we have different genre each week.

+ Fardeenah on January 30th, 2014 at 8:41 am said:

im glad we got vita only games this month, cant wait to try these games

+ random_trouble69 on January 30th, 2014 at 8:43 am said:

Awesome games this month, can’t wait till Street Fighter X Tekken, although I was kinda hoping for Muramasa Rebirth

+ Lefoul-123 on January 30th, 2014 at 8:43 am said:

Thanks god I am not a member anymore, those games are really bad.

+ secularsage on January 30th, 2014 at 8:44 am said:

Wow. The IGC has been extremely strong as of late, and the hits just keep on coming.

Metro: Last Light is one of the most underrated games of 2013, despite being adored by critics who bothered to play it.

Remember Me is ALSO vastly underrated and critically acclaimed.

Street Fighter x Tekken is a ridiculously fun fighter – it doesn’t take itself seriously and it knows how to have fun with both stables of characters. The Vita version includes all of the DLC that was so divisive with the console release.

ModNation Racers: Road Trip is a fine game for the Vita that is made much better by the community support it’s received. I have it in cartridge form and it’s a lot of fun.

Payday 2 will make a nice complement to those who received Payday in a previous IGC update, and Contrast looks fun.

Great job, PS+ team!

+ gus_xl on January 30th, 2014 at 8:44 am said:

Great month!

+ DaNTi3L on January 30th, 2014 at 8:44 am said:

Yet another great month for us PSN Plus members

+ juyus on January 30th, 2014 at 8:44 am said:

I’ve been wishing for Metro to be free… now its a reality..

you guys are like genies.. :) Thank you.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar