Uncharted 4

PlayStation Plus: February Preview

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Jan 30, 2014 // Sr. Community Specialist

Typically when you think of February, your mind goes to chocolates, flowers, and other lovey-dovey things. So we thought we’d celebrate this sappy month by scaring the bejesus out of you with Outlast on PS4.

We also have some great single-player PS3 experiences, including Metro: Last Light, a first-person shooter with an interesting take on morality, and Remember Me, a third-person action adventure where you’ll take down an evil corporation by beating lots of people up with your own unique combos and messing with people’s memories. If you have a significant other, you might be able to rope him or her into some bank-robbing action with Payday 2 on PS3. After all, everyone likes stealing stuff. I mean, uh… nevermind.

Finally, two PS Vita titles are joining the Instant Game Collection: Street Fighter X Tekken and ModNation Racers: Road Trip. Both include functionality with their respective PS3 versions. Fight against your friends in Street Fighter X Tekken no matter what platform they have, or download your previously made PS3 creations and use them in ModNation Racers: Road Trip.

Plus - February 2014 IGC

February PlayStation Plus Preview

Outlast (PS4)

Plus - Outlast

Free for PS Plus members

“Outlast perfects this self-inflicted madness in every area of its design, and it’s absolutely petrifying.” – Joystiq.com

Hell is an experiment you can’t survive in Outlast, a first-person survival horror game developed by veterans of some of the biggest game franchises in history. As investigative journalist Miles Upshur, explore Mount Massive Asylum and try to survive long enough to discover its terrible secret… if you dare.

Metro: Last Light (PS3)

Plus - Metro Last Light

Free for PS Plus members

“Last Light is notably superior to its predecessor, merging storytelling, shooting, and sneaking into a remarkable and cohesive whole.” – GameSpot.com

It is the year 2034. Beneath the ruins of post-apocalyptic Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro, the remnants of mankind are besieged by deadly threats from outside – and within. Mutants stalk the catacombs beneath the desolate surface, and hunt amidst the poisoned skies above. But rather than stand united, the station-cities of the Metro are locked in a struggle for the ultimate power, a doomsday device from the military vaults of D6. A civil war is stirring that could wipe humanity from the face of the earth forever. As Artyom, burdened by guilt but driven by hope, you hold the key to our survival – the last light in our darkest hour…

PayDay 2 (PS3)

Plus - Payday 2

Free for PS Plus members

“The adrenaline flows steadily as you inevitably repel the barrage of police waves while trying to make your getaway.” – GameInformer.com
PAYDAY 2 is an action-packed, four-player co-op shooter that once again lets gamers don the masks of the original PAYDAY crew – Dallas, Hoxton, Wolf and Chains – as they descend on Washington D.C. for an epic crime spree.

Remember Me (PS3)

Plus - Remember Me

Free for PS Plus members

“Not only beautiful graphics and incredible sound, but also a new combat approach wrapped around a very engaging storyline.” – GamingTrend.com
Neo-Paris. 2084. Personal memories can now be digitized, bought, sold and traded. The last remnants of privacy and intimacy have been swept away in what appears to be a logical progression of the explosive growth of social networks at the beginning of the 21st century. Remember Me is a 3rd person action adventure where players take on the role of Nilin, a former elite memory hunter with the ability to break into people’s minds and steal or even alter their memories.

Street Fighter X Tekken (PS Vita)

Plus - Street Fighter X Tekken

Free for PS Plus members

A dream collaboration between the two biggest fighting game franchises is now a reality! A deluge of highly demanded characters join the fray in this tag team-based game! The second round of this war begins now!

ModNation Racers: Road Trip (PS Vita)

Plus - Modnation Racers

Free for PS Plus members

Welcome to the never-ending season of ModNation kart racing, where competitive racing and community creativity collide. Whether you race for the fastest time, customize your own karts or tracks, or you discover new courses online – ModNation Racers gives you everything you need for your next “Road Trip!” Use common gestures to create or edit your Mod, Kart, or Track. If that wasn’t enough, you will have full access to all creations made on the PS3. That’s right, download and play with your favorite PS3 creations and take it where ever you go.

If you’ve got feedback on PlayStation Plus make sure you take the poll above as well as leave a comment below. To chat about all things PlayStation, including this update, you can head over to the PlayStation Community Forums. You’ll also find other topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or you can start your own discussion.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 11

+ bobafett4ever on January 30th, 2014 at 8:45 am said:

@92 Glad I wasn’t the only one thinking that. Good to know some others feel that way as well :)

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on January 30th, 2014 at 8:45 am said:

How Dare You!?

this is amzing, ps plus is such a bargain, i am loving the PS brand more and more

i am playing Binary Domain and it is a sweet game, PS Plus just delivers the goods

+ OnelShot on January 30th, 2014 at 8:46 am said:

Wow, another epic month. Can’t wait for outlast.

Beyond!

+ Regen_X on January 30th, 2014 at 8:47 am said:

Nice, thanks PLUS ! =)
(I didn’t finish the games of january)

+ J-tight on January 30th, 2014 at 8:47 am said:

PlayStation plus is awesome. love all the free game. its like Sony is giving me a bunch of game for my birthday feb 28 1988 oh yeah i’m J-tight from the tester season 3

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on January 30th, 2014 at 9:07 am said:

Birthday AND Valentines! <3

+ doubleh1986 on January 30th, 2014 at 8:48 am said:

Amazing! I love PS+!

+ BiggieBoi- on January 30th, 2014 at 8:48 am said:

after almost 3 yrs in plus.. i think this is the best update ever!
with regards to getting all great games on all platforms. Keep it up guys!

+ Tjoeb123 on January 30th, 2014 at 8:49 am said:

(looks for confirmation of DW NEXT on Plus)

…Urk, no DW NEXT for us on Vita, like the UKids are getting? Even worse, nothing new for me on Vita (already own SFxTK and formerly owned MNR:RT), and I already own Metro LL on Steam and Remember Me on PS3 when it was on the Capcom sale…

Also, I think the PS3′s messaging system really needs to be updated, so we can send attachments between PS3 and Vita/PS4/mobile app owners. That way, I can finally invite somebody playing the PS3 version of SFxTK to join my session on the PSV.

+ carlpain on January 30th, 2014 at 8:52 am said:

@78: I feel you. I was thinking about that. Sony is thinking about those without families. I like to play games with my little cousin and nephew, but not way I’ll let him play Metro, Outlast or Payday.

+ MarvelHell5 on January 30th, 2014 at 8:53 am said:

Having PS Plus has really been a good investment.
Also seeing Street Fighter X Tekken made me happy. :)

+ Shadow_Enz on January 30th, 2014 at 8:53 am said:

Good thing I’m subscribed until 2018…

+ JellyJugs on January 30th, 2014 at 8:54 am said:

What a treat for my birthday month :D

+ Bahchoi on January 30th, 2014 at 8:54 am said:

This month is sinply AWSOME!!

+ m7419 on January 30th, 2014 at 8:54 am said:

This is why I still love my PS3!
Sony, you’re burying me in backlog and I couldn’t be happier with PS+

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on January 30th, 2014 at 9:08 am said:

Backlog Burial is an interesting visual, but we’re glad you like this month’s lineup. Stay afloat!

+ MichaelNyboeBach on January 30th, 2014 at 8:54 am said:

This is crazy, I can’t believe the value I am getting out of my PS+ subscription, thank you Sony!

+ PainOfSarrow on January 30th, 2014 at 8:55 am said:

i got ah 30 day ps plus trial. screw free games. bring on the discounts.

+ MrBeatdown on January 30th, 2014 at 8:55 am said:

Wow, I am in awe of how great a line-up that is. I was hoping for Metro and Remember Me since Europe got them. I would have been thrilled with just one. I had hoped for both, but figured it was unlikely.

This is the single best month I’ve ever seen for Plus, in the US or EU. I don’t know how you will ever top this.

+ cellagent1 on January 30th, 2014 at 8:56 am said:

w00h! I got more free games for my PS4, PS3, & Vita!!! THANKS PS+

Amazing Line up!!!

+ Mando44646 on January 30th, 2014 at 8:56 am said:

great PS and Vita choices! Thanks for making up for Vita;s horrible last month.

Still meh on PS4, Indies dont do anything for me and my PS4 is just sitting there gathering dust because the launch library sucked for those of us who dont play sportsball or shooters

+ irvinghg on January 30th, 2014 at 8:56 am said:

Wow Thanks sony.

+ oretnom85 on January 30th, 2014 at 8:58 am said:

Holy crap :)

+ Mantiskilla on January 30th, 2014 at 8:59 am said:

Dang. Another month in which I already own the games. For the 3 ps3 games I blame the PC sales (Steam, Amazon, etc.) that were too good to pass up months ago. SFxTekken is fun on the vita as well. It still a fantastic lineup of games for everyone to enjoy

+ Blackballhog on January 30th, 2014 at 9:00 am said:

*Eric Cartman crying* IM SOO HAPPPPPY!
Payday 1 was great, looking forward to the 2nd
Modnation also good and happy for another version
Giving us all these PS4 games so close to launch is ridiculously generous and tired of hearing ppl complain about not getting more of them.
Everything else is icing on the cake.
Don’t stop being awesome Sony!

+ RE_Player on January 30th, 2014 at 9:00 am said:

Great month and great video narration by Kristine.

+ greghove79 on January 30th, 2014 at 9:02 am said:

Meh, not really a FPS fan, and these ones particular hold no interest for me. I absolutely hate co-op games, too, so Payday 2 really isn’t for me. Wish you guys would stick to one FPS a month. Remember Me has terrible reviews, but at least it’s a platformer, I guess. I might give it a shot. Overall, not impressed. Poor month, in my opinion.

+ BoNeSaW23 on January 30th, 2014 at 9:03 am said:

WOW! After watching that video how could ANYONE say PLUS+ is not worth it!?

February alone pays for it!

+ PainOfSarrow on January 30th, 2014 at 9:06 am said:

must say though very good and impressive list overall. well done sony.

+ jskeen on January 30th, 2014 at 9:07 am said:

Cant wait. Its outlast on ps4 and tvs on vita for me next month. Beyond!!!!!!

+ WorkingTavo on January 30th, 2014 at 9:07 am said:

What a great update! All these games are amazing!!! Will be playing non-stop during February! Thank you guys for really being #4ThePlayers

+ Reicle2 on January 30th, 2014 at 9:08 am said:

Nice :D

+ M0v1ng_T4RG3T_- on January 30th, 2014 at 9:10 am said:

The wait was worth. Awesome

+ Dsammy04 on January 30th, 2014 at 9:10 am said:

Omfg this is an amazing offer. To SCEA, my hat is tipped to you as I salute and praise your organization to all the corners of the world!!!!!

+ cleversignin on January 30th, 2014 at 9:10 am said:

I am trying to clear out my backlog and YOU ARE NOT HELPING!!!

+ Kiflin on January 30th, 2014 at 9:11 am said:

Looking forward to playing Street fighter X Tekken on my Vita! This is a good month! Talk about bang for your buck!

+ Drakor180 on January 30th, 2014 at 9:12 am said:

Well not much for me personally, but this is a really an amazing month for people who like these genres! I’m definitely gonna check out Remember Me, and Payday 2, though I’m not much into the genres, hopefully I’ll be surprised! Again, this is an absolutely incredible month for people that like these types of games! (Though being a little greedy and selfish, I wish there was an RPG in the lineup, haha)

+ mike02x2 on January 30th, 2014 at 9:16 am said:

Nice update!! Keep it up Sony!

+ TeamGreen615 on January 30th, 2014 at 9:16 am said:

Solid line up for February! Tuesday is my favorite day of the week. :)

+ NickMulder on January 30th, 2014 at 9:20 am said:

Arguably the best month I’ve seen for Playstation Plus!
And btw, Kristine Steimer, you should get camera time when you do these previews! :) like Naomi Kyle from IGN! :)

+ djsaiyan on January 30th, 2014 at 9:22 am said:

Ohhhh yeah. Now that’s the stuff right there. Excellent month for all three consoles. Thank you!

+ XeahuleXolic on January 30th, 2014 at 9:22 am said:

This Feb is going to be a good month !! Sony is the best so forget the rest!!

+ IGrieverI on January 30th, 2014 at 9:23 am said:

This is more like it :P don’t have any of them, and they’re all big games, i say why i don’t agree with the games we get, fortunately this is not the case, keep up the good work!

+ Auchhior on January 30th, 2014 at 9:23 am said:

I still haven’t beaten the games from January’s PS+…or Decembers for that matter. ;-;
Too..many..games.

+ Doomhammer-7 on January 30th, 2014 at 9:24 am said:

Every single month I love this post looking at all the exciting games I get a chance to play. I will play all this games but OUTLAST it looks like a great game but I am incapable of watching horror movies. So the horror genre is impossible for me to play. Unless Don’t Starve and Limbo count as Horror games that’s about the level of horror I can play

+ darkhughes2 on January 30th, 2014 at 9:26 am said:

Last month was really nice, but this one trows the house trough the window, amazing ;)

+ Souledge94 on January 30th, 2014 at 9:28 am said:

as a great wrestler once said “YES YES YES YES!” this update is beyond awesome.I want all these games.

+ DrApollo on January 30th, 2014 at 9:28 am said:

We need you back on Blogcast.

+ Squiggle55 on January 30th, 2014 at 9:30 am said:

I am most excited about Outlast and Metro. Thanks! Especially Outlast. Love horror and I’m glad to have something new on my PS4.

+ Caboose8969 on January 30th, 2014 at 9:31 am said:

it’s a great month to own a ps3, ps4 and vita. Gonna be a lot of gaming going on

+ leptonic on January 30th, 2014 at 9:34 am said:

All GOOD! beautiful! can’t wait till every February’s Tursday XD

+ TravisTehDog on January 30th, 2014 at 9:34 am said:

Thank you! Can’t wait to play Metro, and I know I’m going to like Payday 2 since I have it on PC. And I could use a new fighting game on my Vita. :)

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 11