PS4 - Destiny

Surge Deluxe Electrifies PS Vita on February 4th

Dave Gabriel's Avatar + Posted by Dave Gabriel on Jan 30, 2014 // FuturLab

Hello all! Dave from FuturLab here. I’m excited to announce that Surge Deluxe will be released on February 4th, 2014, exclusively for PS Vita! Check out the electrically charged game play trailer here:

Surge Deluxe features lightning-fast match-three gameplay, and rewards those who can think strategically under pressure!

Since Surge was originally released on PS Mobile we’ve had a ton of feedback, and Surge Deluxe on PS Vita is our response to that feedback. We’ve added unique shapes for each color block, so colorblind people can compete on an even playing field, and we’ve added depth to the scoring system with new special block types that reward quick thinking and understanding of the game mechanics.

Surge Deluxe on PS VitaSurge Deluxe on PS Vita

If you’d like to know more, please check out Surge Deluxe’s official web page, and follow @FuturLab on Twitter.

That’s all for now. The leaderboards await — see you there on launch day!

+ zingakun on January 30th, 2014 at 7:05 am said:

Heey, @TweeEeest here! Can’t wait for next week then!

+ yazter on January 30th, 2014 at 7:06 am said:

Random question, I know, but will this include a Platinum Trophy?

+ KazeEternal on January 30th, 2014 at 7:11 am said:

Nice. I’ll have to pick this up while I impatiently wait for Velocity 2x :-D yes impatiently…. lots of sound track and drooling over screen shots while demanding a release date ;-)

I wonder how long it’ll take for knock off studios to try and steal your puzzle game -.-

Dave Gabriel's Avatar

+ James Marsden on January 30th, 2014 at 7:37 am said:

We’re flat out on V2X. Every day it gets a little bit better. It’ll be worth the wait =)

+ Sum-Mischief on January 30th, 2014 at 7:12 am said:

Nice , I love these types of games.

+ anth_969 on January 30th, 2014 at 7:13 am said:

When are we getting the preview for February? I want to know if outlast will be February 5, like in Europe. I’m in canada. I know the last Thursday of month u usually give preview right? So any idea?

+ mrweyne on January 30th, 2014 at 7:21 am said:

I want see the Frebuary preview of the PS Plus!!! Is today?

+ Joao_Vicente on January 30th, 2014 at 7:22 am said:

Another flash game to my oled screem Yeahhhh

+ paulogy on January 30th, 2014 at 7:23 am said:

You know it’s games like this that I don’t think much of initially, but can find myself coming back to again and again. Interested in checking this one out.

Dave Gabriel's Avatar

+ James Marsden on January 30th, 2014 at 7:36 am said:

It’s a great puzzle game, one that we’re very proud to have in our portfolio =)

+ SaberX85 on January 30th, 2014 at 7:29 am said:

Price?

Dave Gabriel's Avatar

+ James Marsden on January 30th, 2014 at 7:36 am said:

Under a fiver. Also known as a total bargain =)

+ pge_13 on January 30th, 2014 at 7:44 am said:

I want to see the ps+ preview

+ Stranger_Eddie on January 30th, 2014 at 8:09 am said:

I want Velocity Ultra OST!

Dave Gabriel's Avatar

+ James Marsden on January 30th, 2014 at 8:28 am said:

You can buy it right now from most digital storefronts.

+ Xdark_dragonX on January 30th, 2014 at 8:12 am said:

looks awesome! will this have customizable controls for ppl that only want to use buttons instead of touch screen? please add that option via a patch soon if it’s not already in the game.

Dave Gabriel's Avatar

+ James Marsden on January 30th, 2014 at 8:31 am said:

Hi there,

The game is designed to use touch screen. It would not work with physical controls.

The same way that Velocity would not work with touch only controls. We design our games with the controls at the very center of our focus, so it’s not something we can patch in I’m afraid.

James @FuturLab

+ Fat_Lee on January 30th, 2014 at 8:23 am said:

Yes! The original game was awesome. It’s feeling of give it one more try and how much fun I had playing caught off guard. A bit Tetris-ish that way.

+ Squiggle55 on January 30th, 2014 at 9:35 am said:

Thanks for the updates I enjoyed the mini.

+ RE_Player on January 30th, 2014 at 3:54 pm said:

Looking forward to this one.

+ PrimeroIncognito on January 30th, 2014 at 4:45 pm said:

FuturLab, you guys really do make awesome games. And by awesome I mean unique, clever, balanced, challenging, addicting, highly-polished games. You guys should be proud of what you’ve accomplished!

Looking forward to Surge Deluxe!

+ tusunami on January 30th, 2014 at 6:42 pm said:

I think I will have to check this out, this might be right up my alley. Seems like a unique puzzle game.

+ Gamer_USA- on January 30th, 2014 at 8:37 pm said:

I enjoy getting platinums and the problem with most puzzle games is that there always seems to be at least one that only 5% of the population is able to get. Please don’t fall into that trap. Difficult but not impossible.

Looks great otherwise and for 4.99, I agree, It’s likely a steal and a day one purchase for me!

+ xClayMeow on January 31st, 2014 at 5:15 pm said:

Looks like a highly addicting game!

Will there be a demo?