PS4-Infamous

This Week in PlayStation

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Feb 01, 2014 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

We made it to the weekend! Let’s celebrate by reminiscing about all the cool stuff that happened over the past few days.

Bethesda stopped by to answer some questions about The Elder Scrolls Online, PS4′s upcoming Tamriel-based MMO (check out its slick Imperial Edition, too). And speaking of MMOs, Final Fantasy XIV is getting a rather desirable Collector’s Edition on PS4.

Sid and Ryan got to play Dark Souls II and a slew of other upcoming Bandai Namco games, respectively —- color me interested in the new JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure fighter.

Sucker Punch showed us what their world-building tools look like, and how they’re using them to build their interpretation of Seattle in inFAMOUS Second Son. Their buddy Sly Cooper is getting a CG animated film, too. Watch the trailer for that one here.

Finally, our friends down in Santa Monica are moving to a new HQ, because there’s just too much talent there to be contained by their current digs.

I’ve been neck-deep in Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition this week, but I’ve been taking short breaks to try and maintain some of my high scores in OlliOlli. I also booted up Minecraft on my PS3 a few days ago… but I managed to tear myself away before I got completely sucked in.

What are you playing this weekend?

• I’m playing: Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, OlliOlli
  • I’m watching: Archer, Parks and Recreation
  • I’m listening to: Anamanaguchi’s new Prom Night Radio Edit

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

Most-Watched Video of the Week

+ TheExiled12894 on February 1st, 2014 at 5:29 pm said:

Any Muramasa DLC this week?

+ Boyanime010 on February 1st, 2014 at 5:38 pm said:

@Justin, who you got Denver or Seattle? :)

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on February 1st, 2014 at 10:10 pm said:

I’m a Niners guy by default, but I’m rooting for the Broncos tomorrow since that’s my dad’s team. :)

+ Boyanime010 on February 1st, 2014 at 5:39 pm said:

@Justin, Please enjoy the Superbowl :)

+ Boyanime010 on February 1st, 2014 at 5:39 pm said:

@Justin, i’m rooting for Denver

+ Boyanime010 on February 1st, 2014 at 5:41 pm said:

@Justin, You should invite Kaz and Sid over to your Superbowl party :)

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on February 1st, 2014 at 10:11 pm said:

I think I’d have better luck getting Kaz to my apartment than I would getting Sid off Dark Souls.

+ DoMthyBoMb on February 1st, 2014 at 5:57 pm said:

Can you please fix the web store. It won’t let anyone sign in for almost a week now.

+ triple_lei on February 1st, 2014 at 6:00 pm said:

Yeah, I can’t sign into the Web store either… I’m trying to grab those PS4 Plus offerings…

+ Statik19 on February 1st, 2014 at 6:24 pm said:

I’m playing: OliOli & Hotline Miami

I’m watching: Hotel Transylvania

I’m listening to: Lords

Go Hawks!

+ PanTheMan16 on February 1st, 2014 at 8:48 pm said:

So, I realie I’m just being a nuisance now, but is there any chance “What We’re Reading” will make a return? Anoter thing that would make it easier is to share only one link/review per game. Sometimes you’d share multiple reviews for one game, and while that may be more interesting for some people, one is fine. And yeah, just do it every 2 weeks? Or every 3? I’d say every month, but waiting a month after something releases might sometimes seem iirrelevant at that point, y’know?
I just really enjoyed those posts. Not a lot of people have said anything about it here in the blog, but I’m sure there are many silent readers who enjoyed them too. It’s all at your convenience, of course, but hey, like I said at least you get paid for it. :)

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on February 1st, 2014 at 10:15 pm said:

Your persistence is admirable! I do feel bad that I cut that part out, but it was super time-consuming and I usually have a lot of stuff I need to take care of at the end of each week. Know that I have been wracking my brain trying to think of a more sustainable solution, but for now I’d say follow @PlayStation on Twitter because we do retweet cool stuff we see around the web there. And if you’re really interested in what I’m reading personally, I’m easy to find on Twitter too. :)

+ PanTheMan16 on February 1st, 2014 at 8:50 pm said:

Err, sorry for alll the typos. This wireless keyboard isn’t the best. Mushy buttons and all.

+ PanTheMan16 on February 1st, 2014 at 8:53 pm said:

Also, your current love of OlliOlli is really making me want to try it. I bought it right after release and am looking forward to getting $3 back when I purchase Dustforce. My Vita hasn’t been getting any attention for the longest time though because I’m all about PS4. I’ve sunk over 350 hours into Warframe so far. Is there some hotline I should call?

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on February 1st, 2014 at 10:17 pm said:

OlliOlli is the best $12.99 you can spend on Vita, seriously. And Dustforce is going to be amaaaaazing. And yes actually, if you’re looking for more Vita lovin’ (and perhaps a break from Warframe), I know just the Hotline for you to call.

+ rabidninjamonky on February 1st, 2014 at 9:26 pm said:

@PanTheMan16 Justin put some links to some cool things last week in his reply to you last week, but you never checked back.

I’m playing Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky and Sonic and Allstars Racing Transformed. I’m really enjoying both of them.
I’m watching nothing really. I just watched You’re Next a couple days ago though and it was really good. I’ve tried watching True Detective twice and just can’t get into it.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on February 1st, 2014 at 10:18 pm said:

I’ve heard great things about True Detective! I’m behind on a lot of shows right now, though.

Thanks for following up re: the links last week. :)

+ PanTheMan16 on February 1st, 2014 at 9:57 pm said:

Thanks rabit and thank you Justin. Sorry I missed it!

+ triple_lei on February 1st, 2014 at 11:15 pm said:

Okay, so I can’t sign into the PSN Web Store on Google Chrome. It’s working fine on another browser (Pale Moon). Not sure why that would be the case; I even disabled my Chrome extensions and I still couldn’t get in.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on February 2nd, 2014 at 1:37 am said:

Huh, strange. For what it’s worth, I’m able to sign in from Chrome right now (I’m on the latest stable build). If you keep having trouble I’d recommend hitting up Support to see if they know what’s going on.

+ StalkerD on February 2nd, 2014 at 2:26 am said:

@triple-lei

Ah I am having the same problem! For the past 2 days I have been unable to use the browser store. I tried Chrome and Safari, with no success. I have at least 10 friends going through the same problem, they tried on IE and Firefox as well. The only way for me to access the store is through the Mobile App. I tried contacting support, and they don’t know what the problem is….I lost the flash sale because of that issue.

+ A7XFtw22 on February 2nd, 2014 at 4:23 am said:

hey this seems like a stupid question but is elder scrolls online a exclusive for ps4?

+ alexroedor on February 2nd, 2014 at 4:46 am said:

@Justin
Please, more games for Vita,,,,we need,,,,te is not a acessory for PS4, but is a console,,,the situation of Vita is sorrowful =/

+ alexroedor on February 2nd, 2014 at 4:50 am said:

Every month has games for PS3 or PS4, but for Vita no one, where is the GOD OF WAR COLLECTION FOR PLAYSTATION VITA what you Sony has announced?

+ KidDeath77 on February 2nd, 2014 at 6:55 am said:

I’m playing Don’t Stave & Tomb raider and I must say that Don’t Starve caught me off guard as a great title
I’m Watching American Horror Story: Coven, Pacific Rim
I’m Listening to Daft Punk, Jay-Z
@Justin you guys do such a great job keep up the good work and great games coming!
and here’s hoping the Seahawks are not a one trick pony!

+ Brooklyn008 on February 2nd, 2014 at 8:05 am said:

Playing Tomb Raider and FIFA on PS4 and some Wii U titles you wouldn’t care about… lol
Watching Arrow and True Detective…
Listening to Smith & Myers (Shinedown) new acoustic covers EP

Waiting on the Broncos to kick some Seahawks’ butt… Not a Denver fan, but I’m an Arizona Cards fan, so anyone from their division need to lose ;)

Enjoy the game football fans.

+ A7XFtw22 on February 2nd, 2014 at 8:08 am said:

GOD OF WAR FOR PS4??? I hope so

+ CommandingTiger on February 2nd, 2014 at 10:18 am said:

I just want a ton of exclusive games for PS4 and PS Vita!

Show us more of The Order 1886!

+ triple_lei on February 2nd, 2014 at 10:42 am said:

The plot thins: When I turned on my PC (Windows 7 for what it’s worth), I was prompted to update my Adobe Flash, so I did, and now the PS Web Store works on Chrome as well.

Guess I’ll start Final Fantasy III now. Certainly exciting on TV today…

+ Heartless_Donut on February 2nd, 2014 at 2:39 pm said:

i cant wait until final fantasy and elder scrolls come out its gonna be amazing

+ ZOFELIA on February 3rd, 2014 at 12:06 am said: