PS4 - Destiny

PlayStation Plus: Outlast and Metro: Last Light Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Feb 03, 2014 // Sr. Community Specialist

We’re kicking off February with a little something for everyone, regardless of what PlayStation console(s) you own. PS4 owners can give themselves a good scare by nabbing Outlast, a survival horror game where you’ll play as a freelance journalist investigating a psychiatric hospital. Not really a job I’d take, but hey, times are tough. There’s no fighting back in Outlast, you can climb or hide, and that’s it, so proceed with caution. If you’re a PS3 owner, you’ll be able to explore post-apocalyptic Russia in Metro: Last Light. A first-person shooter with the option to be stealthy, your decisions throughout the game will impact the story’s outcome. Finally, our PS Vita Play sale also continues this week with Dustforce, which you can grab for $7.99.

You can download Outlast and Metro: Last Light after PlayStation Store updates tomorrow.

PS Plus 2-4-14

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Outlast (PS4)

Free for PS Plus members

Outlast
Hell is an experiment you can’t survive in Outlast, a first-person survival horror game developed by veterans of some of the biggest game franchises in history. As investigative journalist Miles Upshur, explore Mount Massive Asylum and try to survive long enough to discover its terrible secret… if you dare.
Metro: Last Light (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members

Metro Last Light
It is the year 2034. Beneath the ruins of post-apocalyptic Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro, the remnants of mankind are besieged by deadly threats from outside – and within. Mutants stalk the catacombs beneath the desolate surface, and hunt amidst the poisoned skies above. But rather than stand united, the station-cities of the Metro are locked in a struggle for the ultimate power, a doomsday device from the military vaults of D6. A civil war is stirring that could wipe humanity from the face of the earth forever. As Artyom, burdened by guilt but driven by hope, you hold the key to our survival – the last light in our darkest hour…

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

PS Vita PLAY Sale

Game Title PS Plus Price
Dustforce $7.99

Other Discounts

Game Title PS Plus Price Original Price
Adam’s Venture Chronicles $9.59 $11.99
Adam’s Venture Chronicles Sound Track Free $3.99

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

Last Chance (Leaving on 2/11)

Instant Game Collection
Shadow of the Colossus (PS3)

Discounts
Dustforce
Curve Studios Mega Bundle
Ethan: Meteor Hunter

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

+ DarkXSacrificeX on February 3rd, 2014 at 1:59 pm said:

I can’t wait for the outlast hope this game keep me busy and scared ****less lol and will try metro last light too since it free cant go wrong trying a game from ps plus since it free.

+ Gamerzlimited on February 3rd, 2014 at 2:00 pm said:

If only Metro 2033 is on PS3, I’d buy it. I really need to get around to playing that game before I start Last Light. Hope I don’t skip too much story if I skip 2033 for now.

+ Ironlantern92 on February 3rd, 2014 at 2:11 pm said:

Does that mean the Final Fantasy and Assassin’s Creed sales are still on?

+ Old_Boss_ on February 3rd, 2014 at 2:22 pm said:

Nice

+ Rabbit_Hole_XIII on February 3rd, 2014 at 2:47 pm said:

Has anyone else gotten banned from psnprofiles.com for no legit reason.

+ rudetoy on February 3rd, 2014 at 2:52 pm said:

If you have a PS4, will the PS3 downloads work? I know the PS3 DISCS don’t work in PS4 machines, but can the PS4 play the PS3 games that are on PSN?

+ Rabbit_Hole_XIII on February 3rd, 2014 at 3:00 pm said:

From my understanding I was banned from psnprofiles.com because some of the members thought i was someone else they were having problems with just on a different account.

+ NoobCoroner on February 3rd, 2014 at 3:01 pm said:

I strongly recommend anyone who plans to play Metro Last Light to read the metro 2033 book. It will make the game so much funner.

+ Rabbit_Hole_XIII on February 3rd, 2014 at 3:02 pm said:

Any average Joe that pays that site $3.99 has the power to ban people.

+ SolidNate86 on February 3rd, 2014 at 3:03 pm said:

Great update! Love the fact that I can store up these PS4 games and have a nice backlog waiting when my wife eventually let’s me buy one.

Quick question/bit of feedback: Will there ever be any more PS1/PS2 titles added to the IGC? I really enjoy showing my kids the older titles that I grew up on.
Thanks.

+ Rabbit_Hole_XIII on February 3rd, 2014 at 3:05 pm said:

I cant dispute this with mod or admn because when i try to contct one it says i dont have perissions.

+ Kemikalz on February 3rd, 2014 at 3:11 pm said:

Sony, I almost want to tell you to stop giving us so much great value because I don’t have enough time to enjoy it all. From sales to the ICG, I’m overloaded and don’t think I could ever keep up. It’s truly beyond me why anyone would play games on any other platform other than a Sony brand when you get such an excruciating value here on Playstation platforms.

It’s really a love and hate relationship.. but more love than anything else. Love that I’m getting so much for my buck, but hate that I can’t keep up with it!

+ djsaiyan on February 3rd, 2014 at 3:16 pm said:

@Rabbit_Hole_XIII

Not sure why you’re complaining about that here (in multiple spammy comments), psnprofiles.com is not affiliated with Sony in any way.

+ MrRamada716 on February 3rd, 2014 at 3:26 pm said:

Love the great games you guys have been coming out with! I’m very much looking forward to Outlast. The best part it’s free! Playstation I’ve stuck with you since the beginning, and all the improvements you have made are fantastic! Playstation is all about Gaming you have already proved that. One thing I’m hoping for in the future for the PS4 is that the user interface gets some loving because as of now its so blah. I miss my Dynamic Themes that I spent so much money on. So a little love never hurt nobody. I know in time though Playstation will come through as they always have done, and still do.

+ punkmusic2009 on February 3rd, 2014 at 3:34 pm said:

nice start to the mouth free ps4 game for plus I just wish for more then 1 time a mouth like the ps3 or ps vita

+ YorlecmNwahs on February 3rd, 2014 at 3:43 pm said:

Two free horror games. Hell yeah!

+ Darig0n on February 3rd, 2014 at 4:18 pm said:

This month is amazing for PS+ Proud new owner of a PS4 too

+ XEPICXPI3X on February 3rd, 2014 at 5:01 pm said:

Oh hell yeah!
Metro: Last Night, another good game (Next to Bioshock Infinite and Borderlands 2)

+ Splodem on February 3rd, 2014 at 5:16 pm said:

When will the Final Fantasy Sale be over? I heard it was good for another week. Is this true?

+ punkmusic2009 on February 3rd, 2014 at 5:19 pm said:

I have a weird question to ask on the ps4 headset 7.1 ad just before this it says a sytem update so dose that mean we have to have the headset to get the update or is there a actulty a update for the sytem

+ lobotomies4free on February 3rd, 2014 at 5:47 pm said:

I thought Dustforce was on PS3 also. Excited for Outlast

+ mariogalaxy1 on February 3rd, 2014 at 5:50 pm said:

Hi playstation I wont to see more great ps one games like mortal kombat 4 street fighter vs xman also put more adventure games on plus please try to get classic mortal kombat 4 on ps1 to download soon it wos on ps1 back in 1997

+ RonZombie91 on February 3rd, 2014 at 5:59 pm said:

Can’t wait for Outlast! Wanted to try it as soon as I watched PewDiePie play it. But I didn’t wanna pay for it. Glad I get it for free!

+ The_Dukenator on February 3rd, 2014 at 6:07 pm said:

@89 It already came out for PS+.

+ Fusion13 on February 3rd, 2014 at 6:07 pm said:

I’ll be the first to admit that i’m a huge chicken and have little interest in playing Outlast. I don’t like being scared and can’t take most horror movies. I will play it anyways because it’s a game that is free. Probably won’t beat it though lol.

Please give us info on Drive Club!

+ tusunami on February 3rd, 2014 at 6:18 pm said:

For those that always say nothing for me this month because like a moron they bought every game as soon as it came out to bad that’s your fault not Sony’s. Don’t complain like a female if next month for those that buy everything day 1 if next month there isn’t any games for you. When I hear people complain on this blog it’s very comical because you buy a PS Plus Membership & don’t take advantage of it the correct way.

+ daveyr41 on February 3rd, 2014 at 6:47 pm said:

I have a suggestion to improve the blog. Whenever you have a game listed, you should make the title link to a description of the game. I’ve never heard of Dustforce. I’m going to look it up, but a lot of people wouldn’t.

Great titles for Plus this month btw.

+ alphagoku1 on February 3rd, 2014 at 7:55 pm said:

come oooooonnnnnn, nothing? still? am I just not worth the measly few moments of your time to get some info for the things ive been asking about? well, way to make me feel like a valued consumer and loyal customer. thank you all very much…. this is fantastic :/

+ MickeyWard09 on February 3rd, 2014 at 9:03 pm said:

Thank you PS Plus!

+ BattleSkard on February 3rd, 2014 at 9:12 pm said:

When can we get some Avatars for the PS4?

+ unbornsoldier on February 3rd, 2014 at 10:24 pm said:

Great ps plus update tomorrow :D

Metro last light is a great fps/survival/a lil horror atmosphere like many have said.A must play don’t hesitate giving it a try.

Outlast I’ve heard nothing but good things about it.Cant wait to play this ! First true horror game in years on consoles.

Sony team keep up the great job! Great month to be a ps plus member.

+ DaddyJIng1es on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:21 pm said:

Here’s to hoping Outlast can bring back that same eerie feeling Silent Hill did on the PS1 with the lights turned out all those years ago. Hah. :)

+ BigE_1995 on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:23 pm said:

i’ve always wanted to play metro : LL , i’ll get on it tomorrow right after i get out of work

+ rafadosMY on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:24 pm said:

I got the new slim Vita2000 few weeks back and i’ve been enjoying it everyday since, i got PS4 on launch, so double the fun with Remote Play, can’t wait for PS Now! ^_^

+ the_dozinski on February 4th, 2014 at 12:41 am said:

Any idea when the update goes live? It’s 3:40 a.m. here and still nothing. Can’t wait for Outlast.

+ iREVOLTER on February 4th, 2014 at 12:43 am said:

Well, no sales. But thx for Metro and Outlast ;)

+ Yardragon on February 4th, 2014 at 1:01 am said:

Metro and Outlast…it’s sweet to be a pluser.

+ jrowand on February 4th, 2014 at 1:10 am said:

Can’t wait to play some Outlast I hope I don’t have a heart attack lol. I also can’t wait to try out Metro Last Night looks really good this months in PS plus is a strong one.

+ tao707 on February 4th, 2014 at 1:17 am said:

to anyone who going to ask why is outlast not free yet or when does the store update. any moron on this site knows for years it always the same. the store will not update til 2pm pst/ 5 est. do not even try to download outlast til ten or u will be charged. it will not be free until the store update. always been this way and will never changed

+ XXHEROXX-007 on February 4th, 2014 at 1:18 am said:

OMG! can’t wait =]

+ BoSSxPriince15 on February 4th, 2014 at 2:36 am said:

I have been wanting to play Metro Last Light for a while now. PSN + is beyond awesome. The samount of savings are insane

+ MikeyBoy02NY02 on February 4th, 2014 at 3:15 am said:

Man…PS Plus is the best online service in my opinion! GREAT WORK SONY!!! KEEP IT UP!

+ VICKZOO on February 4th, 2014 at 3:38 am said:

Outlast (PS4)

Free for PS Plus members

Where I don’t see it in the playstation store where to download when its going to be released ?

+ Teagueum on February 4th, 2014 at 3:41 am said:

Why did they advertise Remember Me and Payday 2? Is that really coming too or not?

+ tao707 on February 4th, 2014 at 4:13 am said:

@144 morons never learn. If u look at years and years of old posts u would know games are spread out over the month and not at the same time

+ Yohmaru_EX on February 4th, 2014 at 4:30 am said:

any chances to get street fighter x tekken (PS3) for a huge discount? :)

+ Ironmarley on February 4th, 2014 at 5:24 am said:

Nice. I already wanna know what’s coming out in March ! LOL !

+ EdwardCORE on February 4th, 2014 at 5:51 am said:

Maybe it’s unrelated or too soon, but any words on the new Strider? I will definitely get the PS4 version, but the PS3 version bonuses are really drawing me in. Will Sony release the PS3 version with the arcade game and the Playstation sequel as bonus in the US as well? And in the wake of recent releases of import games, will we be seeing more of them, like those amazing shooters only found on the Japanese store?

+ DarthZiddy on February 4th, 2014 at 5:59 am said:

I joined Plus back when I got my PS4 @ launch. I had no idea what I was missing! I looked into all of the crazy deals going on with the Vita; and scooped me one up of those bad boys. Now I got so many games across all platforms that I don’t know what to play. I had known of the IGC but I figured that they were all just some cheap crappy little arcade style titles; not AAA games. To Sony I just want to say thank you for the wide variety of games. I now have played so many other games that I never would have before because they where out of my comfort zone. I’m a grateful gamer so keep ‘me coming. Also I’m loving my Vita

+ EdwardCORE on February 4th, 2014 at 6:00 am said:

@143

The store doesn’t update at midnight like Nintendo eshop or the Xbox Live, it runs the update a little later in the day, around 5pm. I live in Brazil and I only get to update the new offers around 10pm every Tuesday. I really want to try Outlast, amazing addition to Plus and PS4. They are really making things even this year, US Plus subscribers can’t complain anymore about EU Plus getting the best games. Great job, guys.