Far Cry 4

PlayStation Plus: Outlast and Metro: Last Light Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Feb 03, 2014 // Sr. Community Specialist

We’re kicking off February with a little something for everyone, regardless of what PlayStation console(s) you own. PS4 owners can give themselves a good scare by nabbing Outlast, a survival horror game where you’ll play as a freelance journalist investigating a psychiatric hospital. Not really a job I’d take, but hey, times are tough. There’s no fighting back in Outlast, you can climb or hide, and that’s it, so proceed with caution. If you’re a PS3 owner, you’ll be able to explore post-apocalyptic Russia in Metro: Last Light. A first-person shooter with the option to be stealthy, your decisions throughout the game will impact the story’s outcome. Finally, our PS Vita Play sale also continues this week with Dustforce, which you can grab for $7.99.

You can download Outlast and Metro: Last Light after PlayStation Store updates tomorrow.

PS Plus 2-4-14

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Outlast (PS4)

Free for PS Plus members

Outlast
Hell is an experiment you can’t survive in Outlast, a first-person survival horror game developed by veterans of some of the biggest game franchises in history. As investigative journalist Miles Upshur, explore Mount Massive Asylum and try to survive long enough to discover its terrible secret… if you dare.
Metro: Last Light (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members

Metro Last Light
It is the year 2034. Beneath the ruins of post-apocalyptic Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro, the remnants of mankind are besieged by deadly threats from outside – and within. Mutants stalk the catacombs beneath the desolate surface, and hunt amidst the poisoned skies above. But rather than stand united, the station-cities of the Metro are locked in a struggle for the ultimate power, a doomsday device from the military vaults of D6. A civil war is stirring that could wipe humanity from the face of the earth forever. As Artyom, burdened by guilt but driven by hope, you hold the key to our survival – the last light in our darkest hour…

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

PS Vita PLAY Sale

Game Title PS Plus Price
Dustforce $7.99

Other Discounts

Game Title PS Plus Price Original Price
Adam’s Venture Chronicles $9.59 $11.99
Adam’s Venture Chronicles Sound Track Free $3.99

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

Last Chance (Leaving on 2/11)

Instant Game Collection
Shadow of the Colossus (PS3)

Discounts
Dustforce
Curve Studios Mega Bundle
Ethan: Meteor Hunter

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

+ EdwardCORE on February 4th, 2014 at 6:10 am said:

@149

The Vita is amazing. The only thing I really miss is some nice PSN games to be released for it, like Virtua Fighter 5, Daytona USA, Double Dragon Neon, Jorney, Unfinished Swan, Castle Crashers, Super SF2 HD remix, Darkstalkers Chronicles, Final Fight Double impact… I wish Sony could approach developers and ask them to always make a Vita version of PSN games. That would add enormously to Vita’s library since it is a great piece of hardware. I’m actually buying another Vita before the new model comes in, gotta love that bright and colorful little screen.

+ jstones1977 on February 4th, 2014 at 6:40 am said:

Has metro been added to free games yet? if not will it be today.
BTW I own both PS3 and XBOX360 and this beats the gold free games by a mile!!!!

thanks.

+ saab01 on February 4th, 2014 at 6:50 am said:

Cant wait until the store update today. We have so much in store I am going to be so busy playing both Metro and Outlast. I hope the coming months will stay like this with great games. Its a good feeling to download all 3 games per month then before when I would only download around 1 -2 per month and only ending up liking one of the two.

+ Gamer_nights on February 4th, 2014 at 7:23 am said:

Still nothing !! :(

When do you guys update the store?!

+ emmanuel04965 on February 4th, 2014 at 8:02 am said:

must buy the game to find out if this is a good game because there to people who review on the game.

+ hebiyo on February 4th, 2014 at 8:25 am said:

OllieOllie has already been dominating my time, but I am definitely getting Dustforce. I’ve had my PS Vita for about two months now and the investment has already paid off in spades. Don’t listen to anyone who says that the PS Vita is lacking games.

+ wC_Saint on February 4th, 2014 at 8:30 am said:

I bought my subscription just cause of this month. I’ve always been aware of the awesome deals but never really wanted to commit to being a Plus Member. You simply can’t pass up deals like PS Plus. Bioshock Infinite & Metro: Last Light were two of 2013’s biggest/best games! Also really pumped to play Payday 2 with some buddies!

Can anyone inform me exactly this stuff will hit the store though? I want to start the download before I go to work, that way I can come home & play! (Love that feature)

+ wC_Saint on February 4th, 2014 at 8:33 am said:

Also gotta thank Sony for making deals like this happen, Metro is still like $49.99 at Gamestop & retail stores, and that’s what I paid for my entire subscription! Love the service so far & I’m only a few days in!
Devil May Cry is AWESOME by the way! Really challenging but still very fun!

+ TwinDad on February 4th, 2014 at 8:46 am said:

The store, and with it the free content, typically updates around 2pm Pacific time. While it’s possible to get it earlier on the webstore, I would not count on it until at least 2pm.

+ GhostCodeRG on February 4th, 2014 at 9:21 am said:

i wish i could download them already lol i just spent about an hour downloading a 2gb update for AC4 on ps4 and was hoping for outlast, but oh well ill play borderlands till metro and outlast are out

+ JVindas on February 4th, 2014 at 9:24 am said:

:D Nice!

+ Eddo_Marin on February 4th, 2014 at 10:07 am said:

I love PS Plus, and will suscribe until forever, but hey, what happened with Payday 2? :P

+ iuryrodriguesSs on February 4th, 2014 at 10:15 am said:

Yeeeeeeessss

+ Eddo_Marin on February 4th, 2014 at 10:16 am said:

@163 yeah, i just notice someone telling that they shpuld be avaliable sometime during february. Awesome!

+ legalcr00k on February 4th, 2014 at 10:18 am said:

I didn’t get a chance to purchase “One Piece Pirate Warriors 2″ when it was $12.50 instead of $49.99. I put it in my cart but it got deleted the next day. I would like to see the deal come back if that is possible.

+ ChavitaMJP18 on February 4th, 2014 at 11:09 am said:

Hey i just got Brothers on the store and I’m a Plus Member, but it added 14.75 to my account to buy it!! Could someone please tell where can I go to get a refound?? Please help me.

+ MeatFlaps_Yum on February 4th, 2014 at 11:10 am said:

Just tried to download Outlast and it says its 19.99 even though I’m a PS Plus member

+ k1ngsnak3 on February 4th, 2014 at 11:15 am said:

Ditto – Outlast is not showing up for PS Plus members as Free, it’s $20. Also I didn’t see Dustforce listed, gotta check the Vita to see if it shows on that.

+ zber645 on February 4th, 2014 at 11:15 am said:

When it’s gonna be able metro last night for free?

+ nereog on February 4th, 2014 at 11:32 am said:

Yes is true, I’m a PS Plus member and Outlast for PS4 is showing for 20$ ,,,,,,and it suppose to be free for PS Plus member, or that was an error?

+ azure6_o3 on February 4th, 2014 at 11:37 am said:

@171, the store hasn’t updated yet for PS4 …. Be patient, we are still very early in the day

+ lCabaluchy413l on February 4th, 2014 at 11:39 am said:

Outlast is 19.99 really i thought its gonna be free for ps plus members

+ nereog on February 4th, 2014 at 11:41 am said:

I’m in the PS4 and I’m a PS plus member(you can see that yellow cross in my avatar) and it’s showing for 19.99 for buying with no option for free Instant Collection.

+ johnanddeidre on February 4th, 2014 at 11:50 am said:

Metro Last Light is showing up as free if you search for the game in store. Still not listed in the Plus listing though.

+ Notorious_Jae on February 4th, 2014 at 12:00 pm said:

All these good ps plus games sony are giving are great and all but they should speak to my ISP comcast about this data cap of 300gb a month! :(

+ nereog on February 4th, 2014 at 12:08 pm said:

Now I was able to download for free in PS4 yeah…kind of tricky selected from PS store and gave me an error of maintenance but went to my “Library” and it was there so i just clicked there and downloading very small file just 4301MB
I’m happy thanks SONY

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on February 4th, 2014 at 12:19 pm said:

Reading the comments of others on here is the best way to get your questions answered. You don’t have to read them all, but for best results maybe skim the last page before you post. The most common questions are about why the game(s) people want aren’t up on the store yet, or aren’t showing up as free to Plus on the store yet. There’s no reason to be rude to such people. They are used to different setups on other consoles and in other regions. Things aren’t explained as well as they could be in the actual blog posts (i.e. they could put the day/date/time the store updates in the weekly Plus posts, and explain better that the monthly preview posts are just that: previews of everything that’s coming that month).

The store updates every Tuesday, usually by 2pm PST (US) GMT -8. But don’t count on that. If anything in the store has a price different from what you were expecting, you will be charged that price if you don’t wait for the store to fully update.

The overall odds are very low that individual comments will be replied to officially. Sony spokespeople are usually gone within a few minutes of posting, never to return. Just the way it is. :)

+ theawesomeKC on February 4th, 2014 at 2:23 pm said:

I seriously love what you guys have been doing! Bioshock Infinite (A game I had been waiting ages to play) blew me away!. Thank you guys for this

+ pelmic93 on February 4th, 2014 at 2:49 pm said:

It’s moments like this that make me very happy I own both a Ps3 and Ps4! Totally worth selling the 360, though I do miss playing Gears of War….oh well! got plenty of Playstation Exclusives on the way!

+ MyFallenHeroes on February 4th, 2014 at 3:13 pm said:

Looking forward to Outlast and Metro

+ nikblaze91 on February 4th, 2014 at 3:22 pm said:

I love sony, love you guys. I came across a problem when downloading Outlast. When I tried to install it, it would say that I didn’t have the license. “Install from licensed user” However, clearly I bought the game.

+ YosyRolly on February 4th, 2014 at 5:16 pm said:

i heard a lot of good things about METRO and OUTLAST, might give it a try although personally i prefer third person action or shooter, so i’m gonna be satisfied with Remember ME for now, but i hope SONY will consider more third person action/shooter and RPG in the coming months (hints: METAL GEAR RISING anyone?)
but thank you SONY for improving the content of your north american PSN Plus

+ gastonfogonza_15 on February 4th, 2014 at 6:35 pm said:

Hola! Una Pregunta Van A Poner PAYDAY 2 O Ya Lo Habían Puesto Antes? Alguien Que Me Contestee! Por Favor Graciias! :)

+ Duffstuff on February 4th, 2014 at 8:14 pm said:

Metro is broken you cant get past the text language selection is says to press x to confirm but nothing happens

+ hapa77 on February 5th, 2014 at 6:00 am said:

why isnt Dont Starve free on plus anymore? you always have free games stay for more then one month.

+ Viewtiful_Gene on February 5th, 2014 at 10:16 am said:

Great games for IGC!
If there were more sales would’ve been a really sweet week for a lot of people.

+ dcakesson on February 5th, 2014 at 11:46 am said:

A $5 – $10 off the price of the full digital games would be welcomed, making it a real option to buying the physical discs. It might be that I’m spoiled by the pricing on Steam but I really want to keep my PS4 game – collection as digital as possible. I’m really happy for getting the PS4 after switching from X360 last gen but I can’t wait for the day when we skip physical discs all together.

+ wowitsnick on February 5th, 2014 at 4:56 pm said:

some ppl complain bout anything, who cares if they take the guys off the store? Long as you download them and save them they yours. I’m glad they take them off, makes getting a playstation 4 at lauch a total no brainer.

+ alhe1419 on February 5th, 2014 at 5:41 pm said:

Any discount in Saint Seiya Brave soldiers coming?

+ ZeGecko on February 5th, 2014 at 8:49 pm said:

This is the best month ever. I’ve been wanting to play Outlast and Metro, just been waiting for a good deal. Well you can’t beat free! I will never give up my PS+ subscription!

+ x24_OBrien on February 5th, 2014 at 10:38 pm said:

Tuesday morning I got on the store and attempted to purchase FFXIII-2. Everything seemed fine. Didn’t have enough money on my PSN account so I went to get my wallet. Came back and added the $. Processed the order and the screen flashed and went back to the games screen. Didn’t download. Thought it was weird so I restarted the store and then noticed that the $ wasn’t taken from my account. Clicked the game again and went to purchase again and it told me I was eligible for the purchase. Tried the PC version of the store and I got the same message. Contact customer support, and the idiot in the chat said they’re experiences updates to the system give it a couple hours to work out. I explained to him that if I wait a couple hours the sale would be gone and if I come back into the Support again I’m just going to be told I’m too late. He explained everything will be fine. While talking to him, I checked the website again, and it now said the game was regular price, but the sale was still listed as adverts everywhere. Went under the PSN Plus section without clicking for the full info page & Buy Now at $8.99 was there, clicked it and locked the Browser + chat. So disappointed with the the service of customer support right now.

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on February 6th, 2014 at 7:06 am said:

@gastonfogonza_15: van a poner “Payday 2″ y los otros juegos en las semanas que siguen. Asi es: Ponen uno o dos juegos cada semana.

A lo mejor mi espanol no es completamente horrible. XD

+ hsuuperman on February 6th, 2014 at 2:29 pm said:

I read Remember Me and SFxT would be available for free this month? Not seeing it…

+ genius527 on February 6th, 2014 at 2:30 pm said:

This game look cool it’s a shootting game come on if i was playing this i would go on online campagin to play other gamers online on this game called Outlast and Metro! ! ! !

+ YaZoo_X_ on February 7th, 2014 at 1:14 pm said:

damn, kinda dissapointed metro didnt come to ps4, I sold my ps3 and ide really love to play it, any ideas when its out on ps4?

+ matt2d2007 on February 7th, 2014 at 10:30 pm said:

Anyone know when remember me will be added?

+ TOP-SPEED-21 on February 8th, 2014 at 5:35 am said:

ok I don’t get this I am a plus member and cant download metro last sight need help, thanks.

+ EXQUISITEEMPRESS on February 8th, 2014 at 3:51 pm said:

Thank you for Metro: Last Light.

+ I_Am_Moone on February 9th, 2014 at 12:31 pm said:

Anyone think Metro is coming free to PS4 this year? I just hope this ps+ deal was worth it.

+ LARFLEEZEhx on February 11th, 2014 at 12:55 pm said: