PS4-Watch_Dogs

PS4 System Update 1.60: Official Headset Support; Gold Wireless Headset Out Soon

John Koller's Avatar + Posted by John Koller on Feb 03, 2014 // VP of Platforms Marketing, SCEA

Hello PlayStation Nation! The next system software update for PlayStation 4 (version 1.60) will be available for download beginning late tonight, bringing support for the PULSE and PULSE – Elite Edition wireless stereo headsets to PS4. We know you’ve been patiently waiting for this update, which means PS4 owners will now be able to enjoy an enhanced gaming experience with 7.1 virtual surround sound and crystal clear voice chat with our official PlayStation headsets. PlayStation headsets are created for PlayStation gamers, by gamers – and designed to truly provide the audio that game developers intended. It’s truly how games were meant to sound.

I’m also excited to introduce the newest member of our headset lineup – the Gold Wireless Headset, which launches early this month. This new headset offers 7.1 virtual surround sound, custom audio modes created by developers specifically for PlayStation games, a hidden noise cancelling microphone for voice chat while playing online, customizable faceplates, and other features –all for $99.99 (MSRP).

PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset

You can connect the Gold headset to your PS4, PS3 or computer using the wireless adaptor for eight hours of straight gameplay. The headset also is compatible with your PS Vita or other mobile device with the included 3.5mm audio cable. The portable, folding design and travel pouch make it perfect for playing games or listening to music at home or on the go.

The Gold Wireless Headset and the PULSE – Elite Edition are compatible with the free Headset Companion App, which hits PlayStation Store in February. The app allows you to download developer-created audio modes that are specifically tuned to enhance a game’s audio. Kicking off the custom sound modes will be Sucker Punch, who’s developing a mode for their highly anticipated PS4 exclusive inFAMOUS Second Son. In addition to these custom audio modes, the app also offers a variety of preset audio modes for games, music and movies, as well as a tool to create your own custom EQ mode.

For additional information on PS4 system update v.1.60, including how to update your system, please click here when the update goes live. Hope you enjoy the new features and keep the feedback coming. Greatness Awaits!

PAGE 1 12 13 14

+ OGRE_78HUN on February 9th, 2014 at 3:32 pm said:

Dear Sony!

I would like a michrophone level menu for my Pulse, because the mic volume in the party, is too low.
Thank you! :D

+ hottbird66 on February 10th, 2014 at 5:53 am said:

I have the first playstation wireless headphones but doesn’t work are they going to fix this or do I have to buy the new one

+ an-3k on February 10th, 2014 at 8:51 am said:

Does the USB adapter also has a 3.5mm connector like the one for the PULSE Elite? I’m thinking to upgrade because the PULSE Elite causes dents and pain in my scalp after ~3 hours. Yes, I have plenty of hair and already adjusted the earpieces but didn’t helped :(

+ SLEEPLESS_KNIGHT on February 10th, 2014 at 10:08 am said:

- Show when friends come online/go offline or were last online
- Ability to APPEAR OFFLINE
- Customize-able dynamic themes/wallpapers
- Fix DS4 power-off function. Mine is set to shut off after 10 mins of inactivity, yet doesn’t shut off for about 30 mins when watching Netflix
- Support for PS3 media remote
- Folders for games so we don’t have to scroll miles to the right & left to find games
- Delete or hide games from the list that you’ve deleted/sold/traded-in etc.
- Allow DS4 to be used as controller for primary user account while remote playing on Vita!
- Un-bury the option to power off controllers – It should be just right there at the top menu when holding down the PS button
- PiP video chat w/ other PSN friends just like in the promo’s Sony showed with that blonde chick and those 2 other dudes.
- 3D Blu-ray support
- External storage support
- Audio CD/MP3 playback support & DNLA
- Upload screenshots/video clips just to my profile for only my PSN friends to see instead of ONLY Facebook or Twitter
- More apps – YouTube, Machinima, GameTrailers, GameSpot etc.
- Somehow dim the DS4 light a bit (even 25%) to help extend battery life
- Allow Vita to “wake up” PS4 out of Standby Mode for Remote Play

+ BMAS84 on February 10th, 2014 at 1:13 pm said:

Can you use 2 headsets at one time on the same system?

+ kay6119 on February 10th, 2014 at 8:23 pm said:

Probably will pass this headset. My Pulse Elite Headset just got bricked after tried updating with the PS3 App and I won’t spend $100 anymore.

+ kronopolis on February 11th, 2014 at 7:07 am said:

Since this new update the friends list has been a mess. Display Incorrect Information. Please fix asap.

+ MadlilD on February 11th, 2014 at 9:21 am said:

New headset is light like the first generation and had the extra perks from the sony pulse. Best bang for your buck!!! Purchased through GameStop for $99. You can get 30% off protection through Square Trade if you can find a promo code. 3 year protection for $16.You can’t beat that!

+ SaintAnger812 on February 11th, 2014 at 2:58 pm said:

ya know what would be really nice……..add freakin blue tooth support so those of us that have already spent our money on headsets (in my case turtle beach px5′s) specifically to have absolute wireless game and chat, can enjoy playing on a console without having a damn wire running between the headset and controller ! Not to mention the crapy voice and sound control. If I wanted wires I would have saved my money and bought a wired headset. Or an xbox one instead of a playstation4. thanks for screwing us sony, what did you say, its the way the developers wanted it ? I thought it was about what the customer wanted, my bad.

+ savannah on February 11th, 2014 at 11:55 pm said:

MY ORDER FOR THESE FROM AMAZON WILL ARRIVE BETWEEN THE 18TH-24TH ( MY ASSUMTION IS RELEASE DATE SHOULD BE VALENTINES DAY) , GOT MY CONFIRMATION E-MAIL LESS THAN 12 HOURS AGO.

+ XDAO_ROMANS on February 12th, 2014 at 2:15 pm said:

Picked the headset up at best buy but they keep disconnecting after about 10min. Pretty much a waste of money.

+ NPC_Izzy on February 13th, 2014 at 12:49 am said:

oh great some chinky chonk headset. wheres my dlna/upnp update?

+ getsome4210 on February 13th, 2014 at 11:53 am said:

When are you going to finally add mp3 compatibility? I wouldnt have bought this system if i knew it did not have it.

+ MACHINESofGOD777 on February 13th, 2014 at 2:00 pm said:

I can’t figure out how to get the new Gold Wireless Stereo Headset to work on my pc?

+ Show_ME_yourT_Ds on February 14th, 2014 at 12:53 am said:

Needs Update still……

The headset functions, (volume, mute, etc) will not work when using party chat through ps4. In normal game modes the chat works fine when just joining a server on battlefield 4 and chatting with the party in game all the functions work fine… But you have to use the 3.5mm headset jack that is supplied with the headset (from controller to headset which in essence makes it wired) when in party chat which is typically how I would be using this headset. Not sure if it is because the VoIP is not correctly supported yet with this headset. Any suggestions please comment….

+ JENNA_HAZE_BLOWS on February 14th, 2014 at 2:44 pm said:

I’d like to believe sony would provide support for other companies headsets such as turtle beach, since they have way better features and usually work on several platforms. We should absolutely not have to wait until fall to buy a truly wireless TB headset (without chat cable). This is NOT next gen, it can’t be called that when ps3 does more………most people’s phones do more. I personally don’t care about mp3 or music capability like a lot of folks are complaining about, I just want to enjoy my system at it’s full capability as a gaming console. That being said, I’m frustrated by the lack of information regarding wireless headset compatibility. I don’t want your Gold headset because I know that you get what you pay for and it is made to break down when compared to better quality headsets. I should be able to use any brand I prefer (without cables !), this is greedy and resembles Microsoft behavior.

+ manic-marley on February 15th, 2014 at 12:32 pm said:

When’s this out in the uk, I’ve checked Game out and it’s not in there

+ ZcOPPpiOn on February 16th, 2014 at 12:06 pm said:

Got the Gold headset on Friday …for PS3….sounds great..going to buy PS4 today. Will see if there is a sound difference.

+ Icy_Charley on February 16th, 2014 at 4:21 pm said:

Any news on compatibility for turtlebeach wireless headsets?

+ Ace-Kinq on February 17th, 2014 at 4:46 am said:

Original wireless stereo headset still isn’t working on ps4. Please update

+ TheRustyBagel on February 17th, 2014 at 1:49 pm said:

Does this headset come with a built in mic or does it not support a mic at all? If it doesn’t then you guys should definitely invest in making another headset like the gold one here that also has a mic at maybe around $120-$130. That I’d definitely buy and I think a lot of other people would like that as well. If this headset does come with a mic, then I would be thoroughly impressed.

+ DarthEban on February 17th, 2014 at 2:54 pm said:

Does the update give the ability to use multiple wireless headsets at the same time?

+ SolidAlex7 on February 18th, 2014 at 9:25 am said:

Please, Please, Please Sony release a system update that allows me too use my Sony PS3 Bluetooth Headset. That would really be much appreciated.

+ BcsKhn on February 18th, 2014 at 12:04 pm said:

can finally use my pulse headset!! awwwyeaahhh

+ P_dOg_1990- on February 18th, 2014 at 12:28 pm said:

just finished installing the ps4 update 1.61, and have encountered some sound issues when i restarted the console? no sound from the start page ore when starting programs. any toughs to what i can do to fix this?

+ carrono on February 18th, 2014 at 5:08 pm said:

Ok so this looks pretty cool, but does it not have a microphone like the pusle? And you said pulse is compatable on the PS4, but when i plug in the USB it says its not supported.

+ Lengi123 on February 21st, 2014 at 9:00 am said:

When will all other third party bluetooth headsets get support for ps4? I’m itching to pair up a wireless bluetooth headset I got for my phone for Christmas :L

+ tixetsal on February 22nd, 2014 at 7:53 pm said:

Please give us DLNA and samba streaming from local shares. Please include the ability to play the mkv format. This will give you even more of an edge over the bone.

+ SKITTLERCAR2 on February 23rd, 2014 at 7:19 pm said:

No Bluetooth support really!!!!That’s just plain selfish I refuse to buy their headset based on the simple fact they don’t provide support for my current headset. Now I have to pay to play on line plus the price of all the DLCS for my games and buy a new headset because a billion dollar company couldn’t install Bluetooth software in my system from the factory. Good system poor execution. Just provide a patch and help out the people that buy your product. I don’t remember any mention of no Bluetooth support at launch but told us of every other possible feature.

+ Crisper25 on February 24th, 2014 at 6:36 am said:

I bought this headset, and although I love most of everything about it, I find that other players cannot hear me unless I am shouting or basically wearing the earpiece over my mouth. Is this an issue with the headset, or did I maybe simply get a defective one? If I upgrade to the Elite headset, will it have the same functionality as the Gold edition for the PS4?

+ SinsationalBulk on February 24th, 2014 at 10:40 am said:

So will I ever be able to use my old TB headset?

+ Legioona on February 24th, 2014 at 1:12 pm said:

Don’t care about the headset, will only buy PS4 when DLNA is supported.

+ brstar on February 24th, 2014 at 2:37 pm said:

What a nightmare I’m living. It took you forever to replace my PS4, so much so that I had to contact Amazon who sent me a replacement before you even shipped the friggin’ box and now the update I’ve been hoping would include DLNA and .mp3 instead features support for a headset? I can’t believe I’ve owned this for 3 months and have used my PS3 more than it. Shame on you, Sony.

+ Drizo2G on February 24th, 2014 at 3:36 pm said:

I have a pair of sony headphones the DR-BTN 2000 model. Will those work with this app. or at any point in the future with the ps4?

+ frenchknight on February 25th, 2014 at 1:52 pm said:

Well this update did nothing for me. My Sony headset works fine on the PS3 however with the update on the PS4 my headsets do a popping sound every so often. It actually hurts the ears. So back to using the cheap ones that come with the system

+ Kharmeister on February 25th, 2014 at 7:26 pm said:

I suppose this thread is dead already, but I found my original Pulse Headset’s performance spotty with PS4 post 1.60 update. It still worked fine with PS3, so I decided to sell it off to a neighbour and upgrade to the Gold Wireless Headset. They perform perfectly, but they don’t retain charge very well when turned off. I find that if I turn them off with 1/4 charge still left, they’re dead when I turn them back on the next day. As a result, I need to charge them more often than I did with the Pulse. It’s a bit annoying.

+ TheFett_ONE on February 28th, 2014 at 1:17 pm said:

Can the headset work with the wireless adapter on a mac also?

PAGE 1 12 13 14