PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PS4 System Update 1.60: Official Headset Support; Gold Wireless Headset Out Soon

John Koller's Avatar + Posted by John Koller on Feb 03, 2014 // VP of Platforms Marketing, SCEA

Hello PlayStation Nation! The next system software update for PlayStation 4 (version 1.60) will be available for download beginning late tonight, bringing support for the PULSE and PULSE – Elite Edition wireless stereo headsets to PS4. We know you’ve been patiently waiting for this update, which means PS4 owners will now be able to enjoy an enhanced gaming experience with 7.1 virtual surround sound and crystal clear voice chat with our official PlayStation headsets. PlayStation headsets are created for PlayStation gamers, by gamers – and designed to truly provide the audio that game developers intended. It’s truly how games were meant to sound.

I’m also excited to introduce the newest member of our headset lineup – the Gold Wireless Headset, which launches early this month. This new headset offers 7.1 virtual surround sound, custom audio modes created by developers specifically for PlayStation games, a hidden noise cancelling microphone for voice chat while playing online, customizable faceplates, and other features –all for $99.99 (MSRP).

PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset

You can connect the Gold headset to your PS4, PS3 or computer using the wireless adaptor for eight hours of straight gameplay. The headset also is compatible with your PS Vita or other mobile device with the included 3.5mm audio cable. The portable, folding design and travel pouch make it perfect for playing games or listening to music at home or on the go.

The Gold Wireless Headset and the PULSE – Elite Edition are compatible with the free Headset Companion App, which hits PlayStation Store in February. The app allows you to download developer-created audio modes that are specifically tuned to enhance a game’s audio. Kicking off the custom sound modes will be Sucker Punch, who’s developing a mode for their highly anticipated PS4 exclusive inFAMOUS Second Son. In addition to these custom audio modes, the app also offers a variety of preset audio modes for games, music and movies, as well as a tool to create your own custom EQ mode.

For additional information on PS4 system update v.1.60, including how to update your system, please click here when the update goes live. Hope you enjoy the new features and keep the feedback coming. Greatness Awaits!

PAGE 1 6 7 8 9 10 14

+ AncestralMight on February 3rd, 2014 at 10:05 pm said:

So forcing players to only be able to use Sony pulse headsets in an update?
AS WITH THE NUMEROUS other comments on here:
where is the BLUETOOTH SUPPORT, ABILITY TO TURN DS4 LIGHT OFF, TO CHANGE AVATAR (without using ps3), and YOUTUBE why cant you PS reps respond to real pressing questions on these blogs.

+ ArturOWarE on February 3rd, 2014 at 10:06 pm said:

What about the fix for the issues with other third-party headsets like Turtle Beach’s? Game/Chat Volume is still pretty low and their amplifier boxes are not fully compatible with PS4 yet :(

+ jr8fan on February 3rd, 2014 at 10:06 pm said:

Incorrect armyflame… I own Turtle Beach Earforce Delta’s. The bluetooth chat does not work. I don’t care that it works with some stupid chat cable… it does not work as it does with my PS3.

+ jkman275 on February 3rd, 2014 at 10:14 pm said:

So this update only brings compatibility to the Sony Pulse headsets? Is there any plan to bring compatibility to other Bluetooth headsets? Honestly, there is absolutely no way i’m gonna spend another 100$ on a mic when I just spent 400 for the PlayStation itself expecting full compatibility. So any info on that would be greatly appreciated.

+ renejr818 on February 3rd, 2014 at 10:21 pm said:

Guess it’s coming tomorrow.

+ jr8fan on February 3rd, 2014 at 10:25 pm said:

jkman275.. this is what I have found in numerous articles online. We will see if there is any truth to it but it does not sound very promising.

Headsets using digital optical interfaces will work at launch, but Bluetooth headsets won’t work at all — there isn’t even any word about future plans for support. Sony hasn’t explained why something as relatively simple as Bluetooth voice chat won’t work, but there are a few ideas bouncing around the internet.

+ luism2008 on February 3rd, 2014 at 10:29 pm said:

What retailers and will it support surround sound in movies as well?

Thanks

+ brolyhavik123 on February 3rd, 2014 at 10:36 pm said:

Next update can you add DNLA, External HDD and CD support please? I’d also love to see the possibility of ps3 people being able to see you online and what you’re doing.

+ alensay on February 3rd, 2014 at 10:37 pm said:

Our minds would be blown if you give us dlna support along with it Sony. Either way good work this month. I will probably pick up this headset or the pulse elite next month depending on which is better.

+ Mr_E_Meatshield on February 3rd, 2014 at 10:39 pm said:

That headset should’ve been Bluetooth instead of 2.4 GHz Wireless.

+ rehando99 on February 3rd, 2014 at 10:43 pm said:

I love you sony, i really do. This is fantastic news that i can still use my original ps3 official headset with this update. Hopefully in the near future i’ll buy those amazing Gold Headsets!

+ iceman833 on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:01 pm said:

welp 2am like they said and nothing

+ alensay on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:05 pm said:

Still nothing eh? Maybe it is because they are planning to shock us with DLNA. (I can dream right?)

+ OmniKronik on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:05 pm said:

So the Wireless Stereo Headset for the ps3 will now work with the ps4??

Please Inform…

+ Wolverinemarky on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:09 pm said:

i have one question is the mic for this new headset built in and how well does that work if it is? do we have a potential timeframe for when this will be released?

+ UnleashSonic on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:10 pm said:

I will get a PS4 when all these are added:

CD,MP3, AVI, MPG, MP4.JPG
Pause download
Compatibility PS1,PS2 Games
Youtube plugins Web browser
DNLA

That’s all I ask. That said, nice headset.

+ DaddyJIng1es on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:11 pm said:

I’m fairly new to PSN after going back to buy a PS3 to get caught up on exclusives, getting a PS4 this gen, and absolutely loving the value that PS+ offers, but I have one general question. What time do the system updates and PS+ updates go live Eastern? Is there a specific time or time frame? Later tonight isn’t exactly specific.

+ iceman833 on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:12 pm said:

they lied looks like its not the 3rd anymore

+ dlhdav7 on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:15 pm said:

Go to Gamestop look it up . If i remember right it’s next mouth

+ alensay on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:16 pm said:

@364 From what I can tell it is completely arbitrary download to download.
@363 I feel ya. I’m glad I had a couple of spare dvd-rw’s to burn my anime to with freemake video converter. Although, I will say the upscale from dvd on the ps4 is absolutely flawless.

+ jr8fan on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:17 pm said:

Well UnleashSonic, I guess you will never own a PS4. There will never be compatibility… EVER. Entirely different architecture. The only way you will play those games is through the streaming service… which will ab additional $$$.

+ Al-Assassin187 on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:17 pm said:

will the gold wireless headset be availeble in Europe (Netherlands) so yes when will i be able to buy it? because it sounds like a real good one. can someone comment of sony please.
Thankss.

+ dlhdav7 on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:19 pm said:

@364 . That’s the best we get! Look What’s happening now here we sit waiting for a software update !! Lol

+ renejr818 on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:19 pm said:

@Jr8fan

Wrong, it’s called emulation software.

My PC can emulate PS2 games, my PSP GO can emulate SNES games…

+ renejr818 on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:20 pm said:

@361

We can only dream!

+ alensay on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:24 pm said:

@371 it is possible that the ps4 could emulate ps1 and ps2 games, however it would probably cut into PS Now’s profits. So, I wouldn’t hold my breath on it, but I would love it if they did add it.

+ Wolverinemarky on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:28 pm said:

they do need to work on doing updates at a specific time or staggering them based on timezones so we arent all just waiting for the switch to be flipped

+ WaleedThePro on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:32 pm said:

I’m not familiar with wireless headsets, how do you charge them? can you still use them while playing? and how long are the wires?

+ escorpion77_ on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:33 pm said:

When the update for the ps4
For the heat set .

+ Wolverinemarky on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:35 pm said:

@375 you charge it via usb i have my cable plugged into my laptop so when my Pulse headset starts dying i just plug it in and keep playing. i have a 6 foot cable i think it comes with a 2 foot one

+ alensay on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:36 pm said:

@376 well they said later tonight… So I guess if they are going off of US time, then it should be in the next 24 minutes.

+ ALARM-cIock on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:40 pm said:

How is the update not live? Would you ever show up to work with only 20 minutes left on your shift? You’re fired, Sony.

+ xDxBATMANxCx on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:41 pm said:

i thought they were going to do it at midnight, boy was i way wrong. who knows when it’ll be. i hope it’ll allow me to use my turtle beach px4’s without the chat cord. if not im selling to buy the new sony’s. i prefer them over t beach but didnt want to wait for a headset.

+ xDxBATMANxCx on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:43 pm said:

wait didnt they do the last update at 3 am est so it would be 12am pct? i may be wrong on that

+ iceman833 on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:44 pm said:

watch there do it at 2:59 am est

+ Wolverinemarky on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:45 pm said:

@380 i bought turtle beach px21 because i thought the update would take a while longer guess i will be selling those and my pulse to get the new headset but for now pulse all the way 15 minutes update should go live i hope it dont crash psn lol

+ blackslap88 on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:47 pm said:

Where is our DLNA and MP3 support, where is our pause button for downloads, really Sony ? Just the headset .. really ?

+ xDxBATMANxCx on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:47 pm said:

@383 yeah i bought mine thinking the same, i love the pulse headphones so much better. imo sound quality is amazing compared to t beach. the px4’s are very confortable but i think im going to get the new gold pulse on the 11th. dont jynx us at 3am haha it prob will crash :/

+ Wolverinemarky on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:50 pm said:

@385 we should be ok i doubt the size of the update will be that big so should go fast enough everyone can get it. I miss playing using my pulse but these new ones looks awesome cant wait to read reviews hopefully compare them to the elites and other top headsets

+ xDxBATMANxCx on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:52 pm said:

@386 true it shouldnt be a big file, they are only doing minor updates but our luck it will go down lol. i agree i do love the pulse headphones so im probably going to buy the new set after i get my px4’s sold.

+ RXL209 on February 3rd, 2014 at 11:55 pm said:

sony promises an update tonight and lies again. thanks sony

+ iceman833 on February 4th, 2014 at 12:01 am said:

what do you know 3am est and nothing

+ escorpion77_ on February 4th, 2014 at 12:02 am said:

I el update

+ xDxBATMANxCx on February 4th, 2014 at 12:03 am said:

i really hope they bring back themes and dynamic themes. this blue screen isnt very appealing

+ Kite-TriEdge on February 4th, 2014 at 12:05 am said:

if early January is February then later tonight means tomorrow night. Sony likes to used metaphors on there announcements.

+ xDxBATMANxCx on February 4th, 2014 at 12:06 am said:

@392 lmao true statement

+ SkyyLyfe on February 4th, 2014 at 12:06 am said:

This is cool and all but why aren’t the PS3 Turtlebeach headsets fully-supported on the PS4? Will there be an update in the future for the third party headsets?

+ Wolverinemarky on February 4th, 2014 at 12:07 am said:

@392 lol, i have never been awake will my PS4 power on and do the download or will it get the download while still in standby?

+ Wolverinemarky on February 4th, 2014 at 12:08 am said: