PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Outlast Out Today: Survival Horror on PS4

Philippe Morin's Avatar + Posted by Philippe Morin on Feb 04, 2014 // Co-Founder, Red Barrels

Hello gamers! I’m Philippe Morin, one of the co-founders of Red Barrels. Our first game, Outlast, is coming to PS4 today, and I’m excited to share that those of you who are PlayStation Plus subscribers will be able to download it completely for free.

Outlast

Outlast itself is a survival-horror game created by a team of 11 people with one common goal: to scare the *bleep* out of you.

Here’s the story so far…

In the remote mountains of Colorado, horrors wait inside Mount Massive Asylum. A long-abandoned home for the mentally ill, the facility was recently re-opened by the “research and charity” branch of the transnational Murkoff Corporation. Taking advantage of the Asylum’s history and remote location, they’ve been operating in strict secrecy. That is, they were until the reporter arrived.Acting on a tip from an anonymous source, independent journalist Miles Upshur has broken into the facility, and what he is about to discover inside will walk a terrifying line between science and religion, nature and something entirely other. Trapped with nightmares old and new, his only hope of escape will lie with the terrible truth at the heart of Mount Massive.

So, in short, you’re a journalist who’s found himself in a very wrong place at the very wrong time. You can’t hope to defend yourself against the mutated patients of the asylum, so you have to sneak, run, and hide… or die. We’ve done our best to create a memorable roller-coaster ride, one that entertains, scares, and leaves you craving more.

Outlast on PS4

In fact, one of the most fun things about watching players make their way through Outlast has been watching the terrified looks on their faces, so we decided to step things up a notch. Newly added on PS4 is a difficulty level we call “insane.” If you feel brave enough to pick this mode, you’ll have very low health, very few batteries, no checkpoints, and no chance to save your game. It’s do or die. Survive or start again.

So here it is – turn off the lights, crank up the sound, and hold tight to your controller, because true horror is coming straight to your console today.

We can’t help if you end up needing new underwear, but if you’ve got any comments or questions please post them below or poke us on Twitter or Facebook. We hope you enjoy the game!

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ veselm197 on February 5th, 2014 at 5:58 am said:

Today is february,15 hours and still not outlast the ps store download

+ Patsrule0316 on February 5th, 2014 at 8:10 am said:

I downloaded it last night, around 5:00 Eastern, and started this morning. I didn’t really have any issues. Wasn’t charged and didn’t have any licensing issues.

So far I thought it was really well done. It felt extremely intense. I didn’t play for too long…no spoilers here, I got two notes and two documents, and just switched to the second objective. I definitely said an F-bomb at a moment that I gather scared a lot of people. Super tense….I’ll play more letter. Kudos so far!

+ Faiceiro_USA_BR on February 5th, 2014 at 10:02 am said:

Unable to perform the download now. For me only appears the option to purchase the game, it seems that the NSS does not recognize my signature plus worth until next year.
This only occurred after the system update.

+ Faiceiro_USA_BR on February 5th, 2014 at 10:04 am said:

*PSN

+ zzxx111 on February 5th, 2014 at 11:02 am said:

this is BS i download the game and install it but when i go to start there is a lock icon on it and it say cannot start the app this ps4 is not connected to the internet and can not verify the Licenses WTF , i am connected to the NET how the hell am playing online games then!

Philippe Morin's Avatar

+ Philippe Morin on February 5th, 2014 at 1:45 pm said:

Don’t know why it’s doing this. It’s a Sony thing. Go to Settings>PSN and click restore licenses. That should fix it.

+ Poonjo on February 5th, 2014 at 11:15 am said:

Hats off to the entire Red Barrels Games team!

Outlast (free or not) is a must for every PS4 owner… If they are courageous enough, that is. Thank you so much for insane mode (although I do hate you a little bit for it) and I am looking forward to seeing what your studio can do in the future!

—————

Chapeau à toute l’équipe de Red Barrels!

Outlast est indispensable à la collection de tout les joueurs du PS4 assez courageux… J’aimerais vous remercier (par faute d’un meilleur terme) d’avoir rajouté un niveau plus élevé de difficulté. Je meurs d’impatience de voir le futur de votre studio!

+ Zack_Arrow78 on February 5th, 2014 at 12:51 pm said:

Mine says 18 hours left to download… Can someone please help solve this problem?

+ genius527 on February 5th, 2014 at 6:06 pm said:

outlast looks like a very cool game the problem is i’m a online gamer but, the problem is i dont have a ps4, and a playstation plus yet i’m just upset right now about what i just said.

+ CapitaineLuffy03 on February 5th, 2014 at 6:18 pm said:

i have a little problem with the game the console tell me i dont have the license for use the game but i m ps plus user and i download the game somebody can help me?

+ CapitaineLuffy03 on February 5th, 2014 at 6:22 pm said:

jai un petit probleme pour lancer le jeu je ne ses pas pourquoi mais il a une petit cadena sur le jeu et quand je veux le lancer il m’affiche ceci Impossible de lancer l’application. Seul un utilisateur détenant une licence pour cette apliquation peut la lancer. Je ne comprend pas quoi faire (je suis membre ps plus) es ce que quelqu’un peut m’aider.

Philippe Morin's Avatar

+ Philippe Morin on February 6th, 2014 at 8:31 am said:

J’ignore pourquoi ça fait cela. C’est un truc de Sony. Tu vas dans Settings>PSN and tu cliques sur restore licenses.

+ ERO_SAGE on February 5th, 2014 at 7:03 pm said:

Still ain’t out for me :/

+ SelbyDan23 on February 7th, 2014 at 1:27 am said:

This game scared the life out of ! Didn’t helpt that the dog kept jumping on the sofa behind me!!!

+ jay-white777 on February 7th, 2014 at 7:30 am said:

So I was playing this in the dark with the surround sound turned up and my 9 year old daughter was watching. She started off at the other end of the couch and before long she is wrapped around my arm and before you know it we both are jumping and screaming. Usually not a fan of this type of game but its pretty awesome not to mention it was free. Great job its great to see Indie studio’s doing great work like this. Keep it up. Look forward to bigger and better things from you guys. You definitely put your name on the map with this game.

P.S. When she went to bed there was no turning out the light in her bedroom after watching me play this. I even thought about the night light. My fiancé was laughing at us until she came in a watched us play and she said there is no way I could play that in a room by myself.

+ DiigiitaL_NiinjA on February 7th, 2014 at 9:46 pm said:

One of the best survival horror games ever!!!

+ cclautti on February 10th, 2014 at 8:14 am said:

played in the dark by myself for like 40 mins, chunk in my pants twice, **** this game (jk awesome game) i dont scare easily either but this is a great, intense game!

+ Darkjedi769 on February 10th, 2014 at 11:15 pm said:

I got to the part where I had to get three fuses to get a key from the laundry chute. I wasn’t able to get the key in time due to being chased since I pressed the button that activated the laundry chute and ran to hide and I can no longer progress due to being unable to get the key that is no longer in the chute. I tried dieing but the game is saved to the part till after the laundry chute is opened and there isn’t a key in there for me to advance to the next area. Is there any other way to advance and hopefully get the key without having to start over? It was my only save.

+ bigbuck425 on February 12th, 2014 at 4:14 pm said:

Any chance we will see this on the PS3?

PAGE 1 2 3 4