Bloodborne

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Feb 04, 2014 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

PlayStation Store Update

PS3 Pre-Order

Dark Souls II ($59.99)
Dark Souls II

Developed by FROM SOFTWARE, Dark Souls II is the highly anticipated sequel to the punishing 2011 breakout hit Dark Souls. The unique old-school action RPG experience captivated imaginations of gamers worldwide with incredible challenge and intense emotional reward. Dark Souls II brings the franchise’s renowned difficulty & gripping gameplay innovations to both single and multiplayer experiences.

South Park: The Stick of Truth ($59.99)
SouthPark_gamevideo_E3Trailer_MasterArt

From the perilous battlefields of the fourth-grade playground, a young hero will rise, destined to be South Park’s savior. From the creators of South Park, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, comes an epic quest to become… cool. Introducing South Park: The Stick of Truth.

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles ($39.99)
Tales of Symphonia

Experience the complete Tales of Symphonia adventure like never before with Tales of Symphonia Chronicles.The original Tales of Symphonia series has been remastered with enhanced visuals, additional content and a dual audio track including both English and Japanese voices and the original Japanese theme songs.

PS4 Games

Outlast ($19.99)
Outlast
In the remote mountains of Colorado, horrors wait inside Mount Massive Asylum. A long-abandoned home for the mentally ill, recently re-opened by the “research and charity” branch of the transnational Murkoff Corporation, the asylum has been operating in strict secrecy… until now. Outlast is a true survival horror experience which aims to show that the most terrifying monsters of all come from the human mind.

PS3 Games

Adam’s Venture Chronicles ($11.99)
Adam's Venture Chronicles
Join Adam Venture in this epic journey set in the roaring 1920’s. Together with Evelyn they are on a quest to find ancient artifacts in this exhilarating non-violent adventure game. Solve ingenious puzzles and embark on breathtaking platform challenges to outsmart the evil Clairvoix Corporation.
Castlestorm Complete Edition ($14.99)
Castlestorm Complete Edition
The clouds bring rumors of war…It’s Knights vs. Vikings in CastleStorm, where medieval warfare meets 2D physics-based destruction! Controlling the battle in real time, players will harness the power of medieval artillery, manage a fearsome ground attack, and cast powerful spells! CastleStorm features a story-driven solo campaign, a custom castle editor, online multiplayer, co-op modes, and more. Building castles and knocking them down has never been so much fun!
Truck Racer ($39.99)
Truck Racer
Take control of five tons of metal and power, and floor it until you reach the finish line!
Drive fully destructible trucks in Championship, Time Attack, Elimination and Quick Race. Get rid of opponents trying to block your way and make a reputation for yourself! Customize your vehicle from the engine to the paint, choose among 48 tracks and face your friends in Online or Local multiplayer for maximum destruction!
Dustforce ($9.99)
Dustforce
Clean up the world with style! As an acrobatic janitor, you are an adept force against dust and disorder. Leap and dash off walls and ceilings, and deftly traverse precarious environments. Cleanse each level swiftly and thoroughly to achieve mastery in this 2D sweep-’em-up platformer.
Furmins + Stardrone Extreme Bundle ($8.99)
Furmins Bundle
We are proudly presents Furmins and StarDrone Extreme in a single bundle only on PS Vita: Furmins is a unique blend of physics based set-up-and-go puzzle gameplay and real-time interactions. StarDrone Extreme is a high-speed action thriller with a mix of arcade action, pinball, breakout, physics and collect-the-objects.

PS Vita Games

Dustforce ($9.99)
Dustforce
King Oddball ($5.99)
King Oddball
End the world with boulders! The King swings a boulder back and forth with his tongue and you get to release it by pressing a button. Time the release accurately and crush as many targets as possible with each boulder. Simple but addictive!
Surge Deluxe ($4.99)
Surge Deluxe
A new energy source provides humanity with enormous electrical power, but by-product materials build up fast, and must be constantly cleared to keep pressure levels in check. Shatter the dangerous by-products by routing electrical surges between matching blocks, and then vent pressure in huge blasts to buy you more time! Surge Deluxe puts sizzling electrical energy at your fingertips!

PS2 Classic

Trapt ($9.99)
Trapt
Princess Allura must save her kingdom by luring her enemies into traps she has set. Chain together the perfect snares to outsmart her foes.

PSOne Classic

Gex: Enter the Gecko ($5.99)
Gex
After a few years in solitude, Gex is called out of his home to go up against his nemesis, Rez, who is out to control the world yet again.

Beta

Ace Combat Infinity Beta
Ace Combat Infinity Beta
The Ultimate Flight Shooting Game. Put yourself into the pilot seat of real aircraft and tear across realistic skies! Fly around freely and shoot down all the enemies you see!

Beta Test Version
Two missions can be played in both ‘Online Co-Op Missions’, in which players collaborate online to take down enemies, and ‘Campaign’ which follows a set story.
Aircraft types available to the rank of Second Lieutenant can be obtained. (This is the highest rank that you can achieve in this version)

Demos

• Dustforce (PS Vita)
  • Dustforce (PS3)
  • King Oddball (PS Vita)
  • Ethan: Meteor Hunter (PS3)

PlayStation Plus

The Testament Of Sherlock Holmes $14.99 $29.99
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier Ultimate Edition $24.99 $49.99
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist Ultimate Edition $32.49 $64.99

PS4 Add-ons

Killzone Shadow Fall
  • Athena VO Pack ($3.99)
  • Groovy OWL skin ($1.99)
  • Zebra OWL skin ($1.99, Free for Season Pass)

PS3 Add-ons

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
  • Private Paradise Set ($24.99)
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate: Core Fighters
  • Ayane’s Private Paradise ($2.99)
  • Christie Private Paradise ($2.99)
  • Costume Catalog 09 (Free)
  • Helena’s Private Paradise ($2.99)
  • Hitomi’s Private Paradise ($2.99)
  • Kasumi’s Private Paradise ($2.99)
  • Kokoro’s Private Paradise ($2.99)
  • Leifang Private Paradise ($2.99)
  • Lisa’s Private Paradise ($2.99)
  • Mila’s Private Paradise ($2.99)
  • Momiji’s Private Paradise ($2.99)
  • Rachel’s Private Paradise ($2.99)
  • Tina’s Private Paradise ($2.99)
  • Tropical Sexy Ayane ($1.99)
  • Tropical Sexy Christie ($1.99)
  • Tropical Sexy Helena ($1.99)
  • Tropical Sexy Hitomi ($1.99)
  • Tropical Sexy Kasumi ($1.99)
  • Tropical Sexy Leifang ($1.99)
  • Tropical Sexy Lisa ($1.99)
  • Tropical Sexy Mila ($1.99)
  • Tropical Sexy Momiji ($1.99)
  • Tropical Sexy Pai ($1.99)
  • Tropical Sexy Rachel ($1.99)
  • Tropical Sexy Sarah ($1.99)
  • Tropical Sexy Tina ($1.99)
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness
  • Eclair ($2.99)
  • Gig ($2.99)
  • Human Priere ($2.99)
  • Nisa ($2.99)
  • Overlord Priere ($2.99)
  • Plume ($2.99)
Rocksmith 2014
  • R.E.M. – Überlin ($2.99)
  • R.E.M. – Everybody Hurts ($2.99)
  • R.E.M. – Shiny Happy People ($2.99)
  • R.E.M. – The One I Love ($2.99)
  • R.E.M. – What’s The Frequency Kenneth? ($2.99)
  • R.E.M. Song Pack ($11.99)
  • Straightener – From Noon Till Dawn ($2.99)
  • Straightener – Rocksteady ($2.99)
The Wolf Among Us
  • Episode 2: Smoke & Mirrors ($4.99)

PS3 Themes

• Anne Stokes: The Blessing Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Calendar: Alpine Summer Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Calendar: Cherry Blossom Warrior Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Calendar: Colorful Bounce Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Calendar: House of the Spirit Blade Dynamic Theme ($1.99)
  • Calendar: Night Reflection Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Calendar: Zombie Pirates Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Contact Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Invaders Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Moon Reaver Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Paranormal Activity 3 Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Paranormal Activity 4 Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Paranormal Activity Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Revenge of the Gherkinoids Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Witch’s Lair Dynamic Theme ($2.99)

+ Mist_Shark on February 4th, 2014 at 2:29 pm said:

Wasn’t Hyper Crazy Climber supposed to come out today?

+ DarthDanMan on February 4th, 2014 at 2:30 pm said:

@38 BrickyD420
You need to renew your license. I think there’s an option to do this in the settings.

+ eggmiester28 on February 4th, 2014 at 2:33 pm said:

everything is worthless next to wolf among us Episode 2: Smoke & Mirrors, that right there makes this week one of the best in a while.

+ Binarynova on February 4th, 2014 at 2:34 pm said:

@26. Hear hear! Why is Sony of America dragging their feet on War Thunder?

Also @Bamco: You keep tempting me with Dark Souls 2, but I’m going to patiently wait for a PS4 announcement.

+ DarkStar83x on February 4th, 2014 at 2:37 pm said:

Didn’t see the demo for King Oddball on the Vita store. Had to add it through the store on my PS3, then download it to my Vita.

+ John-Shooter on February 4th, 2014 at 2:42 pm said:

i dont see the ace combat beta on the store

+ lisatsunami on February 4th, 2014 at 2:44 pm said:

@36, saintacqua, thanks for the info. I won’t buy it then since I have a tremendous PS3 backlog as it is.

+ Rezznak on February 4th, 2014 at 2:45 pm said:

WHATS WITH THE PS STORE? Keep getting error code and it says the store is undergoing maintenance. Just DLed the update and this crap happens. RIGHT ON THE DAY OUTLAST IS RELEASED!

+ jonjon0890 on February 4th, 2014 at 2:46 pm said:

I’m waiting for FF X|X-2 HD Remaster to be available for pre-order on the PSN Store.

+ Brouger on February 4th, 2014 at 2:48 pm said:

I just bought Persona 4 Arena a few days ago at full price. Any chance to get a refund on the difference? Probably not. :(

+ dmal24 on February 4th, 2014 at 2:49 pm said:

LETS GO

+ Mando44646 on February 4th, 2014 at 2:53 pm said:

Looks like there’s a problem with the PS Store in browsers. I keep getting a ‘sign in failed’ message since the Store updated…

+ secularsage on February 4th, 2014 at 2:57 pm said:

Wow, I’m 2 for 2 today.

Earlier today, I was thinking, “I wonder if Sid Meier will ever show up in a Humble Bundle?” And low and behold, today’s Humble Bundle features Sid Meier games.

Then, I was playing P4 Golden and wondering, “When will Atlus put the rest of the series on sale again so I can have it ready to play when I finish this great game?”

Seriously, folks — if you haven’t played Persona 3 or 4, you have missed two of the best JRPGs of the century. They’re stronger than anything Final Fantasy has done recently, and P4 Golden (while a little slow to get started) is THE best game on the Vita, bar none. There’s no excuse not to own them when they’re on sale like this.

Also, Persona 4 Arena is, for my money, the best of Arc System Works’ already stellar library of games. There’s something about the way you use the personas in combat that really makes the game feel fresh and exciting.

+ RaileanuDragos on February 4th, 2014 at 3:01 pm said:

When will be available in EU? I can’t find it anywhere. The Store is unavailable atm. (Italy)

+ classiccrank on February 4th, 2014 at 3:01 pm said:

Hey!

Cannot use the store, getting error messages, “maintenance”, cannot login on PC “login failed”.

What is going on? Please give us some info on these problems!

+ retro25 on February 4th, 2014 at 3:11 pm said:

Finally, Gex enter the gecko PSone classic is now in the PS store. Thanks Sony, I’ve been waiting to get that game for a long time (it’s on of my favorite PSone games).

+ Fuzzypaws on February 4th, 2014 at 3:16 pm said:

It seems I am locked out of playing Outlast. It says I’m not the “user who has license for it.” Funny, I downloaded it with my PSN+ account! the only Plus account I have, it didn’t charge me. Some one needs to fix something.

+ Sevyne on February 4th, 2014 at 3:18 pm said:

Why in the hell am I getting the message “Cannot start the application. This application can be started only by a user who has a license for it.” for my download of Outlast? I’ve been a Plus member from pretty much the beginning of the program and not once have I ever had this issue. All of my PS3, Vita, and even other PS4 games start just fine, but Outlast is locked to me for no reason at all. WTF is this garbage?

+ GABEv01 on February 4th, 2014 at 3:19 pm said:

I downloaded Outlast but it has a Lock Icon and it says I can’t play it because I don’t have permission. WTF?

+ GABEv01 on February 4th, 2014 at 3:19 pm said:

Outlast IGC Fail. Noted.

+ BattleSkard on February 4th, 2014 at 3:21 pm said:

No Avatars for PS4 :(

+ RaileanuDragos on February 4th, 2014 at 3:21 pm said:

@67/68/69
try reseting you licenses from the settings

+ NinjaLord-Konato on February 4th, 2014 at 3:24 pm said:

I’m also having “Service is currently undergoing maintenance E-820001F7″ error on my PS4 and Web Browser ._. It’s really frustrating, I hope someone fix it soon, It’s ruining my day off -.-”

+ Sevyne on February 4th, 2014 at 3:24 pm said:

@72 Took a few dozen tries because PSN is being retarded, but that worked. Thanks a lot.

+ eljuamposo94 on February 4th, 2014 at 3:26 pm said:

im the only one who cant sign in to the web store?

+ Sevyne on February 4th, 2014 at 3:26 pm said:

@72

Took a few dozen attempts due to PSN having a stroke or something (you’d think this would be improving with the requirement to pay for online, but that’s another fight in itself), but it finally ended up working.

Thanks.

+ AsahiSeth on February 4th, 2014 at 3:27 pm said:

It would be nice if we could actually log into the store. I can’t even do it on PC, it throws me out immediately after logging in. I had planned to buy a few things. Now, not so much. Maybe we ought to test the system once in awhile before store updates. Just a thought.

+ Archmage91 on February 4th, 2014 at 3:27 pm said:

I keep getting the error on Outlast: Cannot download at this time.

+ HugoStiglitz_420 on February 4th, 2014 at 3:28 pm said:

Does anyone know why everything on the PS4 downloads so unbelievably slow?

It’s not my connection. It’s telling me 13 hours to DL Outlast. Outlast is only 4301 MB. On Steam that would be downloaded in 3 hours, on PS3, 4 hours or less. What the hell is wrong with PS4′s network?

My connection is 3.5 mbps, and there’s nothing slowing it down right now. I just speedtested it.

There’s no way it should take 13 hours for 4 GB. That’s ridiculous. I usually can DL a GB per hour at the very least.

+ Sinistar83 on February 4th, 2014 at 3:28 pm said:

sign on failure as well.
Please fix!

+ Mik-E on February 4th, 2014 at 3:29 pm said:

Hey! Great update but, uh, when can we actually get into the store to download???

PS4 tells me the store is undergoing maintenance and when I try to sign into PSN via PC, I get sign-in error

+ duff916 on February 4th, 2014 at 3:30 pm said:

Something is wrong with Outlast. I have it downloaded, installed and updated. And it won’t let me play. It says that its locked out. I even shut down my PS4. We have two PS4′s in the house with separate Plus accounts. Same error on both consoles.

Please help!

Thank you.

+ TimeSkipLuffyUS on February 4th, 2014 at 3:30 pm said:

Resetting licenses shouldn’t be the solution for such problems. This is a Sony problem and should be addressed and fixed by them. I’m just disappointed with SONY at the moment… Thought they were finally able to handle their issues… but nothing has changed…

+ Formulita_2k on February 4th, 2014 at 3:31 pm said:

Another Store Update failed, what a shock !!
You ppl need to learn to do your job…

+ thebiglouie on February 4th, 2014 at 3:38 pm said:

@1 Todoh789:
Tomba 2 is still scheduled to come out in two weeks.

@51 Mist_Shark:
Monkeypaw Games posted on their site yesterday that they pulled the game because of legal issues and won’t be coming out this week. They said it won’t delay the releases of Wolf Fang next week and Tomba 2 in two weeks.

+ Sk8erfreakmatt10 on February 4th, 2014 at 3:39 pm said:

@84 go back to Xbox then.

+ citwolf on February 4th, 2014 at 3:41 pm said:

would love to be able to play outlast but once again playstation screwed something up and it wont let me because i “dont have the license to open the application” i buy a system pay for ps + and this crap happens constantly. just a bunch of BS.

+ Maikeru_03 on February 4th, 2014 at 3:42 pm said:

where is the bundle pack for costumes on Dead or alive 5 Ultimete? i hope psn us and team ninja studio fix this son :l

+ Formulita_2k on February 4th, 2014 at 3:43 pm said:

@86 go back to Xbox ? lol you are a joke…

+ The_Bunn on February 4th, 2014 at 3:44 pm said:

Guys, first of all, for the most part, great job, I love being a Playstation consumer.

But these PS Store releases are not as great. Can’t we have a fixed hour, if we need so much that it be weekly? I’d rather have rolling releases, so we would get whatever when it was ready, and not have to wait an arbitrary time. Is it that hard to prepare the XML for the store? Is the issue the external developers that deliver stuff too close to the deadline?

But ok, you must have reasons to have it all in one day. can we get a little consistency then? I never know if it’s going to be early, late, If I’ll be able to start downloading while I’m at work, or if it will blow up in my face and I’ll have to find something else to do while stuff downloads.

In short. Keep up the good work, but please make the store release at a consistent hour. If not possible, could we get a glimpse at how the process works? I’m sure it’d be very interesting, to at least know more about it ( Wink wink, that would make a great blog post )

All the best for you guys (and gals)
-Bunn

+ thrillwell on February 4th, 2014 at 3:44 pm said:

Thanks Sony!

+ xBraiNshOcK on February 4th, 2014 at 3:47 pm said:

Is Outlast a play as you download title? It’s about 65% done, but there’s this lock icon next to the download bar.

+ StormRaging on February 4th, 2014 at 3:48 pm said:

I can’t sign into the store either. Earlier I could sign in via firefox but not in chrome. Now I cannot sign in on either. It shows me signed in but then I get a pop up that says (Sign in Failed. If the problem persists please contact customer support.)

+ Mist_Shark on February 4th, 2014 at 3:51 pm said:

@85 thebiglouie Thanks, was a bit worried. Been looking forward to getting Tomba 2.

+ stegz17 on February 4th, 2014 at 4:02 pm said:

I keep getting a “This service is currently undergoing maintenance” message when trying to log on to the PS Store on my PS4. Is anyone else receiving this message??

+ R2tito11 on February 4th, 2014 at 4:05 pm said:

@75 / @93 i’m having the same issue here; this is BS…. fix the damn store

+ Tomoprime on February 4th, 2014 at 4:06 pm said:

Wow it’s 7pm in NY and sony store is still down for maintenance? What is going on over there? I think you need to report this as an outage.

+ ThaYardieBoy on February 4th, 2014 at 4:06 pm said:

Yes! I’ve been waiting to grab P3P on sale!

+ RaileanuDragos on February 4th, 2014 at 4:08 pm said:

From PlayStation Twitter:
“We are aware that some PS4 users are experiencing login issues. We’re currently looking into it and will provide an update soon.”

Patience, greatness awaits ;)

+ KrayzieCali on February 4th, 2014 at 4:08 pm said: